The "WrestleMania Stinks" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the 90's the Raw after WM was almost always awesome. It may be that they've just stumbled onto good crowds the last two years, but whatever it is, it works.

That Cena match is probably gonna be incredible.

Looks like I'll be queuing up the DVR to tape the Raw replay on that Universal HD Channel because i was watching the Mets beat up on Philly and figuring out if I wanted to buy Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja by playing the demos and missed Ziggler cashing in. And this crowd is entertaining as all hell.

Last one I heard was "One More Chair"

554169_50353235304077ixup4.jpg

:D

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What are they chanting at Big Show?[/QUOTE]

One more chair! One more chair!

This night has been amazing. Enjoy it while it lasts. Loved the JBL chant.

[quote name='Cage017']Best. Crowd. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Read about the crowd on Twitter. Tuning in now. I have expectations. This better be good.

And put me in the "who cares" column for Ziggler winning the title. I am not a fan of the Money In The Bank concept. No build up. Just an instant gratification button for ADD fans.

Dino Bravo chant as well.

Think they're chanting the theme from Bewitched now? (Fandango match)

EDIT: Well, yes, okay, I suppose that could be the Fandango theme as well. :lol:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Oh my fuxking god they're SINGING THE FANDANGO ENTRANCE THEME[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how loud my laugh was.

First time watching Raw in a while. This meets expectations.

I would love if Sandow yells "SILENCE" and the crowd goes quiet. Just fucking because. I wouldn't put it past them.

[quote name='mitch079']What did I just see Tensai do?[/QUOTE]

Put on a great match? Heh. They really should have worked that into mania last night.

Cenawinslol

[quote name='Sonne']Ryback turned Heel.

Amazing. The Ryback is instantly over with the IWC.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, anyone attacking Cena puts them over with the IWC...

[quote name='Scorch']Here's the new plates for the belt:

lsQjb6W.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sonne']That plate on the left looks awkward as hell. [/QUOTE]

This guy thinks it looks great.

otay.jpg

LOL you can tell Vince and creative were were making up shiot on the fly to try to stick it to this crowd, that henry/cena finish was one of them. Then bring out rybotch whose comes to the ring already gassed, he somehow deserves to be in the title picture now because?

Crowd was 11/10

lol 2 years in a row where your following night raw is infinitely better than your "marquee" ppv of the year the night before.

A count-out for the main event of a Raw following WrestleMania. Dunno how anyone can say today's product is better than 2000s WCW.

WWE is doing what ever they can to not turn heel a very capable John Cena. Gotta milk that cash cow until his titties completely dry up.

I will admit, tho, that I'll go back to infrequently watching WWE clips from their official YouTube channel. I still have no idea how anyone can watch all three hours of Raw. I sat through an hour and that's only because of the crowd.

[quote name='Scorch']Here's the new plates for the belt:

lsQjb6W.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sonne']That plate on the left looks awkward as hell. [/QUOTE]

I think the right one looks even worse; doesn't it look like it says "Do Me" from a weird angle?

[quote name='Yggy87']I think the right one looks even worse; doesn't it look like it says "Do Me" from a weird angle?[/QUOTE]

LOL it does look like it says DO ME

"Seriously I think New Jersey may be broken" - Wrestling Memes on Facebook, they have it right.... but I think we all knew this in the 'States.

Fandango singalong had me rolling. My fiance just rolled her eyes. haha

I actually like the Ryback heel turn. Something fresh honestly, and besides who else is going to job to Cena?

Also, I honestly think the only legit injury that Rocky suffered last night was a severe case of Ego Deflatus.

The Night After WM crowd has been the best crowd 2 years in a row. They just have a fucking blast in any which way they please.

As far as the crowd, we all said the same thing about the crowd from Miami after last years post-Mania Raw. Granted this one was a bit more lively, but they were the ones that started the massive YES chants which continue to this day. Not sure what chant will carryover from tonights show, but I sure as shit hope it isn't the singing of ticket boy's them some.

[quote name='Spyder187']As far as the crowd, we all said the same thing about the crowd from Miami after last years post-Mania Raw. Granted this one was a bit more lively, but they were the ones that started the massive YES chants which continue to this day. Not sure what chant will carryover from tonights show, but I sure as shit hope it isn't the singing of ticket boy's them some.[/QUOTE]

Fandango is fucking awesome. I hope the chant stays.

Note: This is not sarcasm.

Well, in 2012 Bryan took off thanks to the crowd post-Wrestlemania, this year maybe Fandango will. Kind of doubt it'll carry, but can't hurt to have another guy get over.

I was hoping for a Ryback turn on Cena months ago when he was still (almost) undefeated...at this point a lot of the momentum is gone. I thought the end of the show was a bit weak, but I won't fault them since it looks like they had to re-write it at the last minute, due to Rock/Brock being scrapped.

Would have rather seen either a) Cena turn on Ryback or b) Ryback celebrate until Lesnar comes out and wipes him out, but I know those were both incredibly unlikely.

As much as I dislike Sheamus, I'll give him credit for that Twitter post. Pretty funny.

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently Fandango's theme was being beeped on car horns as people were leaving the arena tonight.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Oh man. Now all this Fandango stuff had BETTER fucking carry over.

I know it's mostly true, but it sounds weird to hear that a guy who was the WORLD CHAMPION "took off" after an 18 second loss and a one-night only type of crowd.

The Ryback "heel turn" worked primarily because they got the bro-hug of respect outta the way before he randomly lariated Cena. Actually wasn't obvious.

Of course, actually turning Cena will be preferred until they actually pull the trigger. Dude gets mega-heel-level heat and they insist on keeping him face.

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently Fandango's theme was being beeped on car horns as people were leaving the arena tonight.[/QUOTE]

That is fucking hilarious.

I will watch every Fandango segment WWE uploads. Curtis has been gold from the start. Glad to see they found a way to make him relevant.

Another video

http://twitter.yfrog.com/65qwbqhdipkaludlmmdjjflyz

it won't stop

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/270...dango-theme-song-heading-to-nj-transit-trains

Following the close of this week's episode of Monday Night Raw, WWE Champion John Cena slowly recovered from the Shellshock just delivered to him by Ryback. He thanked the WWE Universe for their ridiculous chants throughout the night, and acknowledged several including Justin Roberts and Michael Cole. He told the crowd his favorite chant was when they said "we are awesome!"

Cena then talks about how the crowd made a great moment for Dolph Ziggler earlier tonight, as the "Showoff" won the World Heavyweight Championship. He then speaks on The Rock, and their match at WrestleMania. He ends the night by telling the fans that they all spent a lot of money and vacation days to make WrestleMania weekend special, and ended the journey by leading them all in signing Fandango's entrance theme.

one day I'm going to go to a post wrestlemania raw. seems almost as good as the old ECW crowds here in MD/PA.

I'm not really worried about wrestlemania itself. haven't really liked them in years.

One of two things will happen.

1. They run it into the ground trying to get "Fandangoing" to be a thing.
2. They change his music by Friday

All eyes are on that Greenville, SC crowd next week to keep this up. I remember having big expectations and being let down for whatever city hosted the Raw following the post-WM episode a year ago.

Like others have said, a pretty good show made great by the crowd. I absolutely lost it when they started to sing his theme and I really hope it does catch on just like the Yes chants from last year's crowd in Miami.

And also props to Curtis for getting a shitty gimmick and making the most of it. Also lost it when he was in serious pain and still had to correct Justin Roberts on how to pronounce on his name.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
fnPA1LT1Ah

Cena goes through the five stages of grief in the span of one GIF.[/QUOTE]

Rocky just told him a riddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back