The "WWF No Mercy Memorial Wrestling Thread" that isn't actually a Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalk it up to straight-up ignorance on my part, but why are people hating on Linda's political aspirations (barring all of this ridiculous "Stand Up" nonsense)? Do people just disagree with her platform, or is it a case of "bwahaha Linda?" Oh, and feel free to explain it as if you were talking to a child. :)

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Is SvR 2011 worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

It has its share of glitches, but about half the guys here picked it up. Maybe one of them can help shed some light on it.

I'm a fan of SvR2011. Then, the last SvR I truly disliked was 2007... 2009 was disappointing, but that was just because of lack of modes. I know Universe is going to keep me entertained for a long time, which helps.

I've been traveling, so I haven't gotten to do any online... can't speak for that.

Like every year, I recommend it. I'm usually an easy target, though, because I accept what the series is, flaws and all. Don't let any 'someone else could do so much more with the licence' shit influence it... SvR is a solid series with over a decade of development behind it, so it's the best we're going to get for a while. If you get behind that notion, you'll enjoy it.

Oh, and get it at Best Buy... Bret is the only real exclusive (timed, assumably) that you literally can't get any other way right now. The code inside says it works until the end of January, so I imagine he won't be mass available until then, like Stone Cold last year.

[quote name='mykevermin']Friday night's not particularly ideal for myself either, but thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that DGUSA card looks fantastic, and if I have free time tonight I'll order and support good pro wrestling.

The promos DGUSA did with Jimmy Jacobs is what I hope the new Tough Enough accomplishes: Connects fans at various levels to the wrestlers.

And you're right: I should rant less about today's product and offer more legitimate, realistic solutions. Especially if my theory is right, and one of you actually works in the industry. ;)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Colt Cabana's new podcast is up with Jimmy Jacobs talking about his drug use... pretty good. I really love Colt's podcast as it's more like some guys shooting the shit in the back rather than being a shoot interview style thing.

www.welovecolt.com[/QUOTE]

Colt's podcast has become one of my new favorites, and for the reason you said. I love Colt's humor. He once stated that he's trying to prove that solid comedy wrestlers/wrestling can make it to the top. I really hope he finds a way to succeed. He deserves it. :)

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Hey Chase,
Matt Young wants you to know that that team broke up.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thanks for the heads up. ;)

And Neocisco, :rofl:.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Chalk it up to straight-up ignorance on my part, but why are people hating on Linda's political aspirations (barring all of this ridiculous "Stand Up" nonsense)? Do people just disagree with her platform, or is it a case of "bwahaha Linda?" Oh, and feel free to explain it as if you were talking to a child. :)[/QUOTE]

It's a mixture of her having a hard right, pro-corporation/Reaganomics stance while buying her way into the election ($50 million of her own money) with no real experience and their campaign trying to rewrite history with Linda being the success behind WWE, not Vince.

Not to forget how much they exploit their own employees.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I pretty much refrain from posting in here, but you are fucking retarded. That is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Please stop watching wrestling and go take a basic political science class.[/QUOTE]

Way to be a moderator. I guess mods should all talk shit instead of setting an example for how the members should act right? How about instead of calling people "fucking retarded" which in itself is utterly offensive for more than one reason, why dont you fo police the highly innapropriate crap that goes on in the blog section?

[quote name='Spyder187']Way to be a moderator. I guess mods should all talk shit instead of setting an example for how the members should act right? How about instead of calling people "fucking retarded" which in itself is utterly offensive for more than one reason, why dont you fo police the highly innapropriate crap that goes on in the blog section?[/QUOTE]
Wow. So, first you attack Myke for no reason at all, basically saying that he doesn't have the right to voice his opinion, and now you're all butthurt because a mod told you to cut the shit? Get the fuck over it.

Wow Myke, I actually thought you were of a higher intelligence then to resort to idiotic name calling and shit talking. I guess I was wrong so allow me to educate you just a little bit.

1> I am glad you think you know so much about how I and where I was concieved. Also, I am willing to bet that I have been watching wrestling longer than you have as I have a feeling I am also older than you are. However, that really doesnt matter now does it. I as well wish the product of today was more enjoyable but it is what it is, and whining on a message board that nobody in any creative team of any company is going to read is not going to change a thing.

2>It doesnt affect you in the sense that you have absolutely no say-so over who gets elected in that race. It is not in your state. There is nothing you can do about it. Understand what I am saying now? Yes, overall the makeup of the senate and congress does affect us all in the longrun, but the only thing you can do about it is vote in the elections for your own state. Simple as that.

3> Also, I have a feeling alot of people are actually missing the real reason this giveaway is being done. It is being done as a slap back at the Elections Supervisor for the attempt to bar WWE clothing being worn at the polls. Not only did she have to come out and publicly back away from that stance, but Vince also won a court case in that matter as well. Vince is an egostistical asshole and this is just one more chance for him to wag his finger in someone face after winning yet another war. He did it with Ted Turner after buying WCW, he did it personally to Jeff Jarrett, and he has done it to quite a few "sooperstars" after they crossed him the wrong way. Honestly, anyone of us that know how he does shit, especially someone like you that I know gets the way Vince does shit should honestly see it for what it is. This is Vince showing his is bigger just one more time.

Finally, now that all of that is out of the way, I also come to this particular forum to discuss/read things about the "business" and also be entertained. I dont really come here to debate politics. That shit causes to much drama. If I rubbed you the wrong way with what I said then I am personally apologizing to you Myke, as that was not my intention. Hopefully now we can all move on and continue to discuss the shittiness of the "wrasslin" product we have shoved down our throats lately.

[quote name='Spyder187']Way to be a moderator. I guess mods should all talk shit instead of setting an example for how the members should act right? How about instead of calling people "fucking retarded" which in itself is utterly offensive for more than one reason, why dont you fo police the highly innapropriate crap that goes on in the blog section? [/QUOTE]I find the 187 in your username to be a blatant endorsement of murder and I'm highly offended. I believe that I have no other recourse but to contact a mod and request, nay, demand that it be removed.

[quote name='Sporadic']It's a mixture of her having a hard right, pro-corporation/Reaganomics stance while buying her way into the election ($50 million of her own money) with no real experience and their campaign trying to rewrite history with Linda being the success behind WWE, not Vince.

Not to forget how much they exploit their own employees.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct on how WWE exploits it's employees and the fact she is trying to buy an election being reasons to see her fail. But she is far from hard-right. Northeast Republicans are actually considered more moderate in the party. If she was running for office in the Midwest or South, her views would actually mimic a lot of Democracts located in those regions.

[quote name='neocisco']I find the 187 in your username to be a blatant endorsement of murder and I'm highly offended. I believe that I have no other recourse but to contact a mod and request, nay, demand that it be removed.[/QUOTE]

If someone in your family has been murdered I offer my condolences. However, I do have a member of my immediate family that is mentally retarded, hence my being offended at that term being used. Furthermore, if you making a compaint can get the 187 removed from my name so I can have the original Spyder name for use then by all means go for it. I would have rather gotten that one but it seems someone else already had it registered. Hence my registering and using the one associated with my PSN id and clan.

Thanks again for the help in getting the Spyder name if it works out^^

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I hope someone goes down there to vote wearing a Benoit shirt.

Thanks for the explanation, Sporadic.[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny. Good one beef^^

[quote name='Sporadic']It's a mixture of her having a hard right, pro-corporation/Reaganomics stance while buying her way into the election ($50 million of her own money) with no real experience and their campaign trying to rewrite history with Linda being the success behind WWE, not Vince.

Not to forget how much they exploit their own employees.[/QUOTE]

If you had $50 million to burn wanting to help the 'common man' (that's Joe and Jane Q Public, not the sonnuva plumma, if you weeeeeel), would you spend it all to be a Congressperson, or would you donate that shit to a ton of charities?

Just sayin'. Also, I think a good prerequisite for helping out the common man is to (1) know what the minimum wage is if you want to discuss it, and (2) not be so dunderheaded as to think reducing the minimum wage will help out said common folk.

If you were to debate McMahon on improving job creation and/or improving the quality of life for Connecticut residents, it would be savvy to ask her if she thinks health benefits and retirement packages should be eliminated to improve both.

[quote name='mogamer']You are absolutely correct on how WWE exploits it's employees and the fact she is trying to buy an election being reasons to see her fail. But she is far from hard-right. Northeast Republicans are actually considered more moderate in the party. If she was running for office in the Midwest or South, her views would actually mimic a lot of Democracts located in those regions.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, the only thing she can kind of be perceived as moderate/liberal on are wedge issues like gay marriage/abortion.

[quote name='neocisco']I find the 187 in your username to be a blatant endorsement of murder and I'm highly offended. I believe that I have no other recourse but to contact a mod and request, nay, demand that it be removed.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps he was born in January of 1987? ;)

Is it just me, or has anyone else that is playing SDvR11 found that the Undertaker path is pretty.... lame and stupid? I don't want to say anything to give away any spoilers but seriously..... this is some kiddy shit.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It can't be any worse than the Undertaker fighting zombified versions of wrestlers in a previous game.[/QUOTE]

Actually.... yes it can be.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Knucklehead made $75 in its theatrical run of SIX THEATERS.[/QUOTE]

Wrong... it made even LESS then that. It made so little that it wasn't listed below the bottom grossing movie (which grossed $75).

[quote name='Purple Flames']Wooooooooooooow.[/QUOTE]If that number isn't an exaggeration, this.

Seriously, I don't know why the WWE even bothers with making movies anymore. No one sees them and they don't turn a profit(to my knowledge). A number like that makes it abundantly clear that what the WWE considers "entertainment" is not gelling with their fans.

As much as I'd love to believe something that makes the WWE look like a laughingstock, that number can't be true. Assuming a mean cost of $7.50 per ticket (which I think most of us can agree is probably too low), that means *ten* people paid to see the movie over the weekend, so Knucklehead averaged 1.667 people per theater across 2-3 days of showings.

That's just incredibly unlikely, in my view. Add to that what I've called the "Norbit clause" (if it looks stupid as hell, people will pay money to see it in droves), and you have my eyebrow raised with deep skepticism.

I agree with Myke to take the lack of numbers with a grain of salt since, like he said, somebody is always dumb enough to take the bait.

I don't even seeing a listing for Knucklehead on Box Office Mojo, so something or somebody is keeping those numbers from getting reported.

[quote name='BlueSwim']If that number isn't an exaggeration, this.

Seriously, I don't know why the WWE even bothers with making movies anymore. No one sees them and they don't turn a profit(to my knowledge). A number like that makes it abundantly clear that what the WWE considers "entertainment" is not gelling with their fans.[/QUOTE]
WWE Vince McMahon makes movies so Vince McMahon can say he makes movies.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I still kick myself for selling my Gamecube copy of Fight For NY. I own the PSP version, but it's just not the same.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I had the Xbox version and traded it away after having played the shit out of it. Tried the PSP version and while it was alright, it isn't the same.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Chalk it up to straight-up ignorance on my part, but why are people hating on Linda's political aspirations (barring all of this ridiculous "Stand Up" nonsense)? Do people just disagree with her platform, or is it a case of "bwahaha Linda?" Oh, and feel free to explain it as if you were talking to a child. :)
[/QUOTE]

Her political views/party aside, I think most are hating because the current WWE product is a DIRECT result of her running for office despite any other spin Vince puts on it. .

The shareholders of WWE have to be pissed....because there was only really 1 movie that sold...and that was See No Evil.

And that was like "yea, it sold....but..yea...."

All of these others...colossal flops!

In one of my senior capstone classes a group chose the WWE to evaluate and being a wrestling fan, it made it so entertaining to listen to them give ideas on how to improve the product. The only smart thing they decided was to just end the movie branch NOW (and this was 1 1/2 years ago...) because wrestlers don't make good actors

Only The Rock has transformed into Hollywood. Nobody else. Yea, Hogan did movies...but nope! Piper? Nope! Even Stone Cold...nope! Nobody can do a serious role in 1 movie and a comical in the next.

Vince needs to just just that shit go and move on....before his shareholders get furious

Vince *is* the shareholders. He alone owns over half of the stock; why else do you think quarterly dividend payments are so high (so high that many market analysts state that they can't continue to offer them at the rates they historically have)?

They'll never be able to make substantive demands of the company, because they are nowhere near the majority in terms of shares.

[quote name='mykevermin']Vince *is* the shareholders. He alone owns over half of the stock; why else do you think quarterly dividend payments are so high (so high that many market analysts state that they can't continue to offer them at the rates they historically have)?

They'll never be able to make substantive demands of the company, because they are nowhere near the majority in terms of shares.[/QUOTE]
He and his fam might own the lions share now....but just like a lot of public companies...the cracks in the wall can lead to watersheds

[quote name='strongpimphand']He and his fam might own the lions share now....but just like a lot of public companies...the cracks in the wall can lead to watersheds[/QUOTE]

yeah...wait, huh?

Takeovers happen in public companies much more frequently than it would in a privately held company

bwa. ha. ha.

[quote name='Brak']WWE Vince McMahon makes movies so Vince McMahon can say he makes movies.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't a famous quote of his from "Beyond the Mat" something along the lines of "We're not in the 'rasslin business: we make movies"? (I distinctly recall the smarm in his voice when he said 'rasslin' as if he were cutting a promo and not being interviewed for a film.)

I think I get your distinction, that he wants to make film so he can call the Dubya Dubya a "multimedia entertainment empire" or somesuch. At least I think that's what you're trying to convey.

Speaking of multimedia empire, whatever happened to them releasing albums of entrance themes? Or embarrassingly bad hip-hop crossover albums. I'm waiting on WWF Aggression II: Entertainment Boogaloo.

ok.. being that it is halloween time. What was the guys name that was that "opposite undertaker" the guy that was in all white and stuff... he was around maybe a couple of years ago for a short time. whats his name again?

[quote name='Purple Flames']Hey now, I liked Snoop's and Run DMC's respective covers of Stone Cold and DX's themes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXwfljLT3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSfRWlee7Ww[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one that remembers the music video for the Run DMC version of the DX theme? They pushed that one on a raw one night and had everyone switch over to MTV to see the "World Premiere" of it at the end of RAW. I do believe this was in the fall of 2000 if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, it was the full McMahon/Helmsley era DX, with Tori. All I remember about the video was H holding up flaming baseball bats in an X

In case you haven’t heard, this Tuesday during the election the WWE will be offering free WWE merchandise 75 feet away from select polling places around the state of Connecticut in what is in no way a highly illegal attempt to bribe WWE fans to come to the polls and vote for Linda McMahon, a person with practically no connection at all with WWE. No sir, not in any way, shape, or form.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/10/30/a-way-too-brilliant-idea-for-connecticut-voters/

[quote name='strongpimphand']Takeovers happen in public companies much more frequently than it would in a privately held company[/QUOTE]

nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back