The_Continental trivia contest #6 - Marginal and greendj27 win it!

I'm amazed that this contest was going on for two weeks... and it all came down to seconds.

I'm sure green would've typed faster if he knew I was lurking in the shadows.

I was fairly hesitant to read it at first - it's one of these family, love, caring, grief kinda books - and I usually stick to 50's era sci-fi (Matheson, Knight, and Jerome Bixby) - but TLB was one of teh finest reads I've had in a while, until the final third that is, when the story just turns ludicrous.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='The_Continental']OH btw, I totally thought more people here would have read The Lovely Bones - it was a bestseller for a lot of months.[/quote]

Maybe I'll check out the audio book. I commute 3 hours a day, so I'm always looking for good books.[/quote]

It's cool and generous of you to run contests like this, Continental.
That said, I read the entire thread...and it was really hard!

[quote name='The_Continental']I was fairly hesitant to read it at first - it's one of these family, love, caring, grief kinda books - and I usually stick to 50's era sci-fi (Matheson, Knight, and Jerome Bixby) - but TLB was one of teh finest reads I've had in a while, until the final third that is, when the story just turns ludicrous.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='The_Continental']OH btw, I totally thought more people here would have read The Lovely Bones - it was a bestseller for a lot of months.[/quote]

Maybe I'll check out the audio book. I commute 3 hours a day, so I'm always looking for good books.[/quote][/quote]

That actually sounds like something that would put me to sleep in the car. :)

Oh, and I don't plan on posting what I know is a correct answer next time until I have the complete answer. That's probably what screwed everything up. But if the next prize is Donkey Konga, I plan on winning that bad boy.

Thank you for the nice compliment, but believe me, the CAG community has given me a whole lot more than these contests give back.

Great users here - even the ones I occasionally get into political fistfights with.

[quote name='Run4Fun']It's cool and generous of you to run contests like this, Continental.
That said, I read the entire thread...and it was really hard![/quote]

[quote name='The_Continental']OH btw, I totally thought more people here would have read The Lovely Bones - it was a bestseller for a lot of months.[/quote]

Yeah I've never heard of it, and I read quite a bit. Mostly only in certain genres, though, which probably screwed me. I had read Guns of the South before (from your other contest) but forgot about it.

I also didn't know Christopher Pike was well known :p I guess all the Trekkies know him

[quote name='The_Continental']It's your call...

Honestly, I didn't predict that the end of this contest would turn into such a clusterfuck. Sorry about that.

I guess I'm too used to Kaw winning these things, and that dude posts paragraphs for his answers. No one is more thorough than him.
[/quote]

:lol: See what happens when you ask me to give other people a chance? I'll try to make the next contest easier for you. :wink:

bread's done
Back