TheGiveAway.com

i wonder if we got something and didnt really want it we could get something for equal or lesser value. i know thats not how this works but it could be possible

UPS actually left the box on my front door while I was asleep...was so glad one of my neighbor's didn't snatch it! Got to play around with it for about an hour before work tonight, can't wait to jailbreak it and load XBMC onto it when I get the free time this weekend.

Thanks a lot, chad :D

725e1k.jpg

I see they have the Star Wars Prequel trilogy coming up on BD. I wonder if this is a mistake or if it's a preorder item, because I thought that wasn't scheduled to come out till the fall?

[quote name='gvamp']I see they have the Star Wars Prequel trilogy coming up on BD. I wonder if this is a mistake or if it's a preorder item, because I thought that wasn't scheduled to come out till the fall?[/QUOTE]

That is weird. Amazon says it comes out in September.

[quote name='Calinks']Come on. Someone win this apple thing so we can get on to the other stuff![/QUOTE]

I actually would have won that, too, if I was just an instant faster on the recaptcha. I clicked on the link, got an easy recaptcha, submitted, then the item was gone.

Just a fraction of a second quicker and I would've won twice in one day. :(

Well I kinda won twice but not really.
I won a watch for my girlfriend and then she won God of War III for me, which I asked Chad to exchange for Dead Space 2.

Dead Space 2 is on its way! Can't wait.

Get both of them man. The first Dead Space is like $20 now - new - and was completely worth the $60 that I paid for it.

Playing the first Dead Space will make playing DS2 so much better for you.

[quote name='Dranawor']LMAO.

Maybe you can contact Chad and ask him to change the box set to another one that you like. People have contacted him about changing their video game wins before and he accepted. He's a nice guy so you should really ask.

Anyways, I also received my tracking number today so I'll probably get the PS3 move bundle in a few days.[/QUOTE]

I took your advice and contacted Chad about it. He offered me a 4000 point XBL card, so I took that instead. ;D Thanks for telling me I could switch out a prize!

Well guys I just recieved my watch - to further ensure you all that this isn't a scam, it really has no strings attached, and it didnt cost me a single penny.

Just got my flip camera from TheGiveAway.com
Thank You Chad!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a pic
24osfnb.jpg

I got it in one day!
Fast shipping, and it was free!

Thank you again Chad!
WHOO-HOO!

Go thegiveaway.com =D

I feel weird then because I'm still waiting on my game and the tracking info hasn't update in two days and I won on the 26th and it seems like people have won after me and already gotten their stuff. *sadface*

Cool! I just won the ipod shuffle! Thanks op for pointing out this site! It was kind of weird, cause I was just clicking away on my phone while watching tv, and I wasn't paying attention to the clicking...then I looked down and saw it had switched to 'winner: Tom' and my first thought was dang, that's weird someone with the same name won! lol. I didn't see a winner screen though...was it a pop up maybe? maybe that's why my phone wouldn't show the pop up... anyway, I clicked on my profile, and it was listed under prizes I'd won, so that was how I realized I'd won. :bouncy:

hmm..I see lots of talk here about people trading prizes...I wonder if Chad would let me trade for one of those XBLA points cards...

add another CAG to the winners list!

[quote name='Blade']I took your advice and contacted Chad about it. He offered me a 4000 point XBL card, so I took that instead. ;D Thanks for telling me I could switch out a prize![/QUOTE]
Glad to hear you got something you wanted. I see the Glee box set up in the list of upcoming prizes, I wonder if its the same one? :lol:

Also, according to firefox I've visited the site 7894 times. I found out about it a week ago so that's over 1000 clicks a day. I'm so glad its the first week of the semester so I can just sit in class and click on this instead of paying attention.

Honestly, I think Chad is really going to get pissed off if people keep requesting prize switches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I try to make an account it tells me my email is invalid >:I

Edit: Nevermind it decided to take when I refreshed the page. strange.

[quote name='Calinks']Honestly, I think Chad is really going to get pissed off if people keep requesting price switches.[/QUOTE]

i agree. if people are not interested in the prize, don't play. wait until something you want is there. if i was him, i wouldn't do it because eventually he's going to have an abundance amount of the same prizes. i am thankful for what i won. it was FREE. so how can anyone complain.

I am guessing that he doesnt even buy the prizes til they are sent out. So as long as Chad is willing there shouldnt be a problem ^^ Many of them are sent from different places so he probably just orders them as they are won ^^

Wow! You guys are so lucky. The only portable device I have is a psp but the internet sucks so bad on it that I am not able to log in that website to do any clicks. And besides, I wouldn't be able to surpass the captcha screen so back to my pc.

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']i agree. if people are not interested in the prize, don't play. wait until something you want is there. if i was him, i wouldn't do it because eventually he's going to have an abundance amount of the same prizes. i am thankful for what i won. it was FREE. so how can anyone complain.[/QUOTE]

This website is called Cheap Ass Gamer. So forgive me for even attempting to switch my God of War III for Dead Space 2 - because I prefer Dead Space 2.

Don't you get it? It's not like Chad has his living room filled to the ceiling with all these prizes waiting to go to people.

It really doesn't even make a difference to him to begin with - whether or not people want the prizes listed - because he ORDERS the stuff off of amazon or other online stores. So if you make an exchange fast enough, he'll just order something else (of equal or lesser value I would assume) which isn't a big deal at all - because he still made his money regardless - and by making the exchange he is satisfying customers.

Thegiveaway.com hasn't been around for that long. Right now, what he is trying to do, is to get as much publicity with the website as possible - while making the few people who he has right now happy.

After that - he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Chad obviously knows what he's doing with this website. If he's getting pissed about it - he'll put up a note on the website that says "No exchanges" or just deny each and every one.

Well said. Though I'd like to add that it seems like he does have a small number of the prizes already at his location. My prize is being shipped from the same zip code as the PO box listed on the Contact Us page. Its going through USPS rather than UPS+Amazon unlike most of the other winners.

[quote name='Jack-Hunter']This website is called Cheap Ass Gamer. So forgive me for even attempting to switch my God of War III for Dead Space 2 - because I prefer Dead Space 2.

Don't you get it? It's not like Chad has his living room filled to the ceiling with all these prizes waiting to go to people.

It really doesn't even make a difference to him to begin with - whether or not people want the prizes listed - because he ORDERS the stuff off of amazon or other online stores. So if you make an exchange fast enough, he'll just order something else (of equal or lesser value I would assume) which isn't a big deal at all - because he still made his money regardless - and by making the exchange he is satisfying customers.

Thegiveaway.com hasn't been around for that long. Right now, what he is trying to do, is to get as much publicity with the website as possible - while making the few people who he has right now happy.

After that - he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Chad obviously knows what he's doing with this website. If he's getting pissed about it - he'll put up a note on the website that says "No exchanges" or just deny each and every one.[/QUOTE]

what's this site have to do with exchanging a free prize that you won because you tried winning that specific prize? i didn't call you out specifically. why are you whining? all i did was give my opinion. you should be thankful for what you tried to win and won. instead of bickering that you don't want that prize, that you want another one. this isn't 2nd grade,bro.

Been clicking like crazy trying to win, stopped for a literally a minute to go to the bathroom and the 50 dollar PSN card was gone :( guess I shouldn't expect to win this, I never win these sweepstake type things.

[quote name='Calinks']Honestly, I think Chad is really going to get pissed off if people keep requesting prize switches.[/QUOTE]

^^ This ^^

I am in no way trying to be an a$$hat, but I was in the same position. Won a copy of Reach that I didn't need, and didn't want to bother Chad with a request.

The funny part is I wasn't really planning on trying to win it, just trying to show my friend the site, "Check this out Joe, just signup and click here: Get It Free, then hit Try Again, then hit Get It Free, then BAM! :lol: Oh, um ok, see Joe it's that easy!"

I got in the mail about a week later and took it to my local BB and just swapped it there for the last :ps3: AC: Brotherhood CE, since they were marked down to $60.

So in the end thegiveaway gave me a new copy of the CE Brotherhood!

My girlfriend won a Coach bag two weeks ago and was sent the wrong bag (description did not match and she knows her Coach bags).

She asked Chad if they sent the wrong model and it appeared that they did. He was quick to fix the problem, so she sent the bag she received back and the correct one is on the way to her!

Great service and now I noticed they read my email to specifically put in the description a model # or S/N # so people can search the item to verify what the item really is...

Thank goodness we won when it was somewhat possible to win!

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know that I got my nephew's controller today and, if he's reading, to thank Chad for running a great, honest site. I wish I could post pics, but unfortunately, I don't have a camera or a web cam.

Oh well, maybe I'll win that too.

I was clicking away yesterday for the shuffle and then today for the Kinnect..both of them gone within seconds of me clicking :(
I'll keep trying tho, after beauty and the beast is gone tomorrow lol

P.S. what is secret to winning?!?! lol
Congrats tho!

I was just clicking every couple of seconds while I was watching TV/talking on the phone, no secret...

I take forever on those dang captcha codes because I can only half-assed read them hah. In all honesty, I'm not sure how the website works, but I'm assuming it goes after a certain number of total clicks... rather than a certain time slot like other contests?

bread's done
Back