Third Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios In Post #203)

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Am I silly to think that Florida can repeat?[/quote]

Nope, they are my favorite to play Ohio St. in the championship game.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Nope, they are my favorite to play Ohio St. in the championship game.[/quote]
Thats my pick in my main bracket (OH St.). After looking at theentire bracket, and picking some of the most possible upsets, I had TAM beating them in the Elite 8;that's the only scenario in which I believe that OH St will lose on their road to the Championship game. Unless they get Georgetown in the Final 4 that is.

That's a very good final 4. That is one of the more logical ones actually. The only problem I have is Kansas, it seems to me that they have one too many upset chances for me to solidify them as a final 4 team.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']That's a very good final 4. That is one of the more logical ones actually. The only problem I have is Kansas, it seems to me that they have one too many upset chances for me to solidify them as a final 4 team.[/QUOTE]

I badly wanted to pick Kansas over Florida, but I think Florida's experience will push them past.

I filled mine out. I have to go with Oregon (GO DUCKS!). Hard to root against them after the Pac-10 Tournament and the fact that I am alumni from there. And doing graduate work there. Probably not the best idea, but I can't help myself.

Can someone PM me or something with my yahoo user ID so I can log in and make my choices :)

They need to make it easier to recover a lost ID, it's like they expect people will use yahoo for anything other than brackets or fantasy sports.

Thanks

I'm in and my bracket is crazy, as usual.

I don't think I have any 1 seed making it, for now.

And as of now it consists of Wisconsin vs Southern Illinois and Louisville vs Georgetown in the Final Four. With SIU and Louisville playing for the Championship and SIU winning. Just a rough guess for now. :rofl:

Also, if I didn't state it already, same name as here for the brackets.

Tis complete, this is my year, I feel it (but im going to change up my selections alot in all my different pools, so the chances of it being my year are better)

I've done 3 different brakets so far, and in every one I have Florida in the finals. Winning 2 of them, the other one the tar heels win.

just to let everyone know, i quit the bracket with my current old email (l1tewingedan9e1) cause its full of junk and crap and made another email (v1etr1ce) and signed up under that. just telling you guys so i dont get accused of cheating ;)

[quote name='neudog']How many brackets are we allowed for this contest? I though it was one.[/quote]
It's just one per CAG, why? Only one bracket can be submitted to a group per user.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's just one per CAG, why? Only one bracket can be submitted to a group per user.[/QUOTE]

I only ask because of mr ryles comments about 3 brackets. Also I thought I saw somewhere on the bracket site about filling more than one bracket

[quote name='neudog']I only ask because of mr ryles comments about 3 brackets. Also I thought I saw somewhere on the bracket site about filling more than one bracket[/quote]
You can have up to five different brackets, but each one can only be associated to one group. So you could have one for the CAG contest group, one for your favorite team's(s') group, and any other group you see. He can only have one bracket in the group unless he's trying to cheat by having separate usernames, which I doubt he's doing.

In under my CAG name. Already it's a lot bigger than last year's group! Thanks for setting this up and donating games Frisky.

Let's keep the entries coming. There's less than one day left!

Everybody that's already in, make sure your brackets are filled out so you don't forget about it before the first tipoff. I'll be confirming all of the entries tonight.

OK, went with the speed method - filled my bracket in about 2 minutes, without much thought to the process. We'll see how it goes ;). It worked pretty well for me last year (3rd place).

[quote name='io']OK, went with the speed method - filled my bracket in about 2 minutes, without much thought to the process. We'll see how it goes ;). It worked pretty well for me last year (3rd place).[/quote]
I was wondering if this would be another photo finish for you. ;)

a little off topic, but anyone know what time CBS will star airing the games? I am off work the next 2 days so there will be plenty of basketball to watch.

[quote name='mr ryles']a little off topic, but anyone know what time CBS will star airing the games? I am off work the next 2 days so there will be plenty of basketball to watch.[/quote]
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/scoreboard;_ylt=ApBlZbyV440vZTTbyYaJ0Cw5nYcB?d=2007-03-15&refresh=60

The schedule says that the earliest games start just after noon EDT, so adjust that for your region and show up a little earlier for the pre-game stuff.

As for the pool, I have a few brackets that I'm not able to link to CAGs:

Shormen - jrzsure01
CAGBrack - coitcannon
go gators - cheezhead430

Please let me know who you are, either by PM, a post here or in the pool, or by changing your current bracket name (go to My Bracket, then Edit Bracket Info).

I'll be posting this in the pool's message boards, as well. If I don't see a response, I'll be forced to boot you guys at 6 AM on the west coast (9 AM EST). Feel free to sign back in if you're booted as long as you fix that problem.

bump

I don't see any movement on these, so I may give it a little while longer.

Everyone else, we've got three hours to go, so hurry up for final entries.

bread's done
Back