Third Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios In Post #203)

[quote name='swetooth9']my friend is actually going...lucky bastard...

anyway, what happens if people are tied for a place for the prizes?[/quote]
I have an idea, but I'll post about it if Florida wins since that means there's a 75% chance of that happening. If UCLA wins, we're in the clear. ;)

[quote name='Backlash']That rewards upsets so much that you could probably win just by picking all upsets even if all your teams were out by the third round. Another way would be to just give a fixed bonus per upset, like maybe the round score again (e.g. get an extra 2 points for upsets in the second round, etc).[/QUOTE]
Not even close. The multiplier ensures that later rounds are so valuable that you can't afford to lose high seeds (who are more likely to go farther). While there is some incentive to pick upsets early, you're out of the running in the later rounds if you eliminate the top seeds.

Florida wins, Ohio State wins:
t-1. nymanium's choice - 136
t-1. Mathrandir - 136
3. Cow_Tipper - 133

After that, if Florida wins:
1. Cow_Tipper - 165
2. Phantoms - 153
t-3. Tyga24 - 152
t-3. Boston College FTW!!! - 152

Or Ohio State wins:
t-1. nymanium's choice - 168
t-1. Mathrandir - 168
3. nyyanksfan20 - 162

Our current scenarios with the Ohio State win (woot!) and Florida win.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Florida wins, Ohio State wins:
t-1. Mathrandir - 136
3. Cow_Tipper - 133

1. Cow_Tipper - 165
2. Phantoms - 153
t-3. Tyga24 - 152

Or Ohio State wins:
t-1. Mathrandir - 168
3. nyyanksfan20 - 162

UCLA wins, Ohio State wins:
1. luffy_kun - 133
2. rmb - 129
3. DomLando - 128

After that, UCLA wins:
1. DomLando - 160
2. Romis - 155
3. The Axl Roses - 145

Or Ohio State wins:
1. luffy_kun - 165
2. rmb - 161
3. slidecage - 155

Our current scenarios with the Ohio State win (woot!).[/QUOTE]

come on UCLA BEAT THEM I WANT TO FINSH IN 3rd WOOOOOO (no chance in hell though

[quote name='swetooth9']:(

c'mon florida..win the whole damn thing, dammit! haha[/quote]

QFT Go Florida! I'm surprised that I'm still in this thing after how many games I got wrong earlier.

t-1. Mathrandir - 136
3. Cow_Tipper - 133

1. Cow_Tipper - 165
2. Phantoms - 153
t-3. Tyga24 - 152

Or Ohio State wins:
t-1. Mathrandir - 168
3. nyyanksfan20 - 162

UCLA wins, Ohio State wins:
1. luffy_kun - 133
2. rmb - 129
3. DomLando - 128

After that, UCLA wins:
1. DomLando - 160
2. Romis - 155
3. The Axl Roses - 145

Or Ohio State wins:
1. luffy_kun - 165
2. rmb - 161
3. slidecage - 155

Our current scenarios with the Ohio State win (woot!).[/QUOTE]

out of the running to win anything : (

ohio state wins if im counting it right i should have 155 pts ??? if i added right. no where near what i need to win

florida wins i should have 107 pts way off

if yahoo has it right right now ranked 15th... how florida is just rolling over teams and ohio state almost knocked off twice already i doubt Ohio can take down florida

o well

[quote name='swetooth9']one more win FL...cmon..i want some free stuff :p[/quote]

I'm with you there. Florida played pretty good, and UCLA got ripped off by a bunch of fouls; some cheap, some legitimate.

I've got a 50% chance of getting some stuff! Yay! \\:D/

t-1. Mathrandir - 136
3. Cow_Tipper - 133

1. Cow_Tipper - 165
2. Phantoms - 153
t-3. Tyga24 - 152

Or Ohio State wins:
t-1. Mathrandir - 168
3. nyyanksfan20 - 162

Our current scenarios with the Ohio State win (woot!) and Florida win.[/quote]
It's almost gametime! I added the final prize to the pool listing in the OP.

So it looks like:

1. Cow_Tipper - 165
2. Phantoms - 153
t-3. Tyga24 - 152

Congrats to the winners, thanks for running this yet again frisky, and thanks to everyone that tossed in a prize!

Awesome! I won! Thanks for setting this up, Frisky.

I'm wondering, how do I choose my prizes? Should I just pm frisky with the six I want and a shipping address?

I got second and need the same info. And how many prizes do I get? Is it 6-4-2? So 6-4-1-1 since we had a third place tie? Or what?

Yeah, I think it gave Boston College FTW!!! the tiebreaker, because it has him listed as 3rd by himself, and Tyga listed as 4th, instead of showing them both as being 3rd, like it did earlier in the tournament before the tiebreaker.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Yeah, I think it gave Boston College FTW!!! the tiebreaker, because it has him listed as 3rd by himself, and Tyga listed as 4th, instead of showing them both as being 3rd, like it did earlier in the tournament before the tiebreaker.[/quote]

yea, b/c i saw before when people were tied, their position numbers were actually teh same...for example, there were 2 10th place people before

Yeah, it seems that the tiebreaker through Yahoo determined the order. Sucks to finish in 4th place the last two years (especially with as close as this years' was), but that's how it goes I guess. Thanks for the hard work Frisky and to all those that donated the games.

Congrats to our four winners (fuck Yahoo and their "tiebreaker," Tyga has the same score as swetooth)! I'll send out PMs shortly to the winners to let them choose their prizes so we can hopefully get the prizes sent out ASAP.

bread's done
Back