This decade needs less OTT and more internet radio revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had any issues with Sprint, and I'm currently on SERO (I realize I'll probably be giving that up when I get the EVO), so I'm really happy with Sprint.

They honestly have the best coverage around here, judging from how often my friends complain about their providers.

I miss Sprint coverage.

Maybe it's a 'grass is greener' situation, but I don't recall as many dropped calls as I have with AT&T.

[quote name='prmononoke']I've never had any issues with Sprint, and I'm currently on SERO (I realize I'll probably be giving that up when I get the EVO), so I'm really happy with Sprint.

They honestly have the best coverage around here, judging from how often my friends complain about their providers.[/QUOTE]

Sprint has become a distant 3rd here, with VZW and ATT being the premiere providers for the area.

Whoa

[quote name='Daily Star']A WOMAN has gone from Nintendo to nympho after a fall from her Wii Fit board turned her into a sex addict.

Randy Amanda Flowers needs 10 sex sessions a day after the slip-up.

And now the slightest of vibrations, from mobile phones to food processors, turns her on.

The catering worker said: “It began as a twinge down below before surging through my body. Sometimes it built up into a trembling orgasm.”

A doctor diagnosed her with persistent sexual arousal syndrome due to a damaged nerve.

Single Amanda, 24, from Harpurhey, Manchester, said: “With no cure I just have to try to control my passion by breathing deeply. Hopefully one day I’ll find a superstud who can satisfy me.”[/QUOTE]

holy shit at the GAF thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392810 :rofl:

[quote name='manthing']I miss Sprint coverage.

Maybe it's a 'grass is greener' situation, but I don't recall as many dropped calls as I have with AT&T.[/QUOTE]

Had Sprint for seven years and never had a problem with coverage; billing on the other hand was a whole other problem.

They could never get my bill correct and if you looked at it, it'd be weird things like double-charged, adjusted, extra charges added and then removed randomly - all on the same bill. I thought it was just me until I saw an article in 2600 where someone else posted his bill and it was messed up like mine.

And then, every couple months, my service would be shut off for non-payment (even though I mailed my payment weeks prior). I'd check my bank and the check went through and so I would call Sprint and get the runaround. Finally started paying over the phone so I'd get the confirmation number. Which would lead to the following telephone calls:

Sprint CSR: "Yes, we're showing that your service was suspended due to non-payment, but if you pay..."
Me (interupting): "Confirmation #638749979" (rattling off whatever the confirmation number was that month.)
Sprint CSR: "Yes, I see that you have paid. Let me apply this to your account. Your balance will be zero and you'll be re-activated."

This happened about 7 times over 1.5 year period (Around about the time of the Nextel merger). The last time it happened, I told the CSR I just wanted to cancel my account; I gladly paid the ETF on two accounts.

I suspect it had to do with using a work discount, since everything seemed to be billing issues. I'd never go back to them, though.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Had Sprint for seven years and never had a problem with coverage; billing on the other hand was a whole other problem.

They could never get my bill correct and if you looked at it, it'd be weird things like double-charged, adjusted, extra charges added and then removed randomly - all on the same bill. I thought it was just me until I saw an article in 2600 where someone else posted his bill and it was messed up like mine.

And then, every couple months, my service would be shut off for non-payment (even though I mailed my payment weeks prior). I'd check my bank and the check went through and so I would call Sprint and get the runaround. Finally started paying over the phone so I'd get the confirmation number. Which would lead to the following telephone calls:

Sprint CSR: "Yes, we're showing that your service was suspended due to non-payment, but if you pay..."
Me (interupting): "Confirmation #638749979" (rattling off whatever the confirmation number was that month.)
Sprint CSR: "Yes, I see that you have paid. Let me apply this to your account. Your balance will be zero and you'll be re-activated."

This happened about 7 times over 1.5 year period (Around about the time of the Nextel merger). The last time it happened, I told the CSR I just wanted to cancel my account; I gladly paid the ETF on two accounts.

I suspect it had to do with using a work discount, since everything seemed to be billing issues. I'd never go back to them, though.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my last experience with Verizon. Hopefully this one will be better.

Taxes are done, our final quarterly is a ridiculous amount (next year's are going to be a nightmare). After my wife finished my brother's we found both are getting the EITC and the MWP tax credits- each getting more back than they paid in. Welcome to the new welfare; I'm beyond pissed. On top of everything, I chipped my glasses after tossing them in disgust.

I love how no matter how much I talk to my roommates about it and they "agree" with me, they keep turning off the A/C and making it ridiculously hot in my room.

If my first online FPS experience was Halo 2, I would probably be just like DMK decrying everything that wasn't NES fanservice.

Enjoy the tea party h3ll!

:wave:

I had an accident in DC. :whistle2:( My car took some cosmetic damage to the front end, but his car got f'd up. I have his bumper :cool:. No tickets--the cop decided I shouldn't have been where I was and he shouldn't have sped through the intersection around another car. It made for a hell of an adventure.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Android 2.x web browser supports flash lite 4.0.[/QUOTE]

Which sadly still leaves at least several sites that I frequent with "Download Flash" prompts that leads to "your device is not supported." Oh well.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Which sadly still leaves at least several sites that I frequent with "Download Flash" prompts that leads to "your device is not supported." Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Adobe is also developing an Android flash player to support regular flash, I believe. Not sure if it will be a plugin for one of the Android browsers though.

Morning, OTT

[quote name='munch']I'm bidding on DJ Hero on ebay. I kind of don't know why.[/QUOTE]

It's on Clearance at Target FWIW.

Why is Halo 2 MP still working?

[quote name='Number83']
It's on Clearance at Target FWIW.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen the :ps2: version on clearance at Target for as low as $40.

Which other version did you see on clearance?

[quote name='manthing']Why is Halo 2 MP still working?

I've only seen the :ps2: version on clearance at Target for as low as $40.

Which other version did you see on clearance?[/QUOTE]

I think it was the PS3...or at least it was in the PS3 section on Monday, so it might have been for the PS2. I will have to go check again.

[quote name='Eviltude']INo tickets--the cop decided I shouldn't have been where I was and he shouldn't have sped through the intersection around another car. It made for a hell of an adventure.[/QUOTE]
Was the cop a sheriff from the wild west? How did no one get a ticket?

I wanted to watch his new show, but never got the chance.

I thought he was ominously awesome in The Girl Next Door.

It doesn't say anything for its quality (actually detracts) but I really enjoy it. It's no Deadwood but its entertaining. A good mix of humor and action. I like the rural Kansas setting too.

There's a pinball group gathering to play at a bowling alley with 30 machines, 6 of them from the Pinball hall of Fame williams collection.

I kind of don't want to go because Survivor's on. Why can't they do these things on Wed?

[quote name='Number83']I think it was the PS3...or at least it was in the PS3 section on Monday, so it might have been for the PS2. I will have to go check again.[/QUOTE]

DJ Hero is $49.99 at TRU. Why not just buy it there?

[quote name='2DMention']There's a pinball group gathering to play at a bowling alley with 30 machines, 6 of them from the Pinball hall of Fame williams collection.

I kind of don't want to go because Survivor's on. Why can't they do these things on Wed?[/QUOTE]

dee
vee
arr

I'm hoping to catch the 11pm showing, but if it's too packed guess I'll settle for 12am.

The Losers next week, and Iron Man in 3 weeks...so awesome!

[quote name='prmononoke']DJ Hero is $49.99 at TRU. Why not just buy it there?[/QUOTE]

It wasnt for me, it was for Munch. I bought it for my son, and he played it for all of Christmas Day.

Oh....My.....God.

I just watched the worst movie ever, Nine Dead. Its like a work shop in horrid acting. Melissa Joan Hart must be slumming it hard.

Chip Bent should never be in another movie again.

[quote name='TheRock88']I fucking knew it, my ps3 crapped out again. fuck this shit.[/QUOTE]

Your PS3 does not double as a fleshlight. I'm pretty sure that's in the warranty somewhere.

[quote name='munch']Sell me that copy cheap, 83. I really want it.[/QUOTE]

Ill ask him if he doesn't want it anymore. If he doesn't, I'll send you a PM.

The one at Target was, in fact, for the PS2 and it was $40 like you said, Manthing.

[quote name='tiredfornow']any deals on any tvs? I have a buddy wanting to buy two lcd tvs around 37-42", and a 26".[/QUOTE]

you can usually get some fly as shit panel TVs for great prices at wholesale clubs these days.

it made me cry, the other day, when i saw for the ~$900 I dropped on my TV a few years ago, I could have bought a 40" 1080p ultra thin/slim LED Samsung ($999) at BJs in April (with coupon). Worse yet, when that deal expires, a 50" 1080p Samsung plasma was set to replace it for the same price.

unless there's an obscene deal elsewhere, that's where I'd start looking (costco/BJs). The $40 you'd have to drop on a membership would be negligible in the final cost of a larger/nicer TV there. plus you'd get to go back for other shit for a whole year... (and the warranty policy for costco is fucking bonkers. "Hi, my ps3 died. Can I exchange it?" "you sure can!")

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey crave_case, where you been?[/QUOTE]

Attempting to do homework. Slacked this semester. Then today has been insane, since my daughter hasn't let me set her down to do anything. It has allowed me to start watching Extract...Mila Kunis :drool:

[quote name='Maklershed']She was exceptionally hot in that. They way they explained away her character though kinda reminded me of Poochy.[/QUOTE]

Kristen Wiig isn't too bad looking in it either.........

Gene Simmons, WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back