This OTT is far more entertaining than the Superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too laid back for a suit all the time. I just go with an untucked button up shirt with the sleeves rolled way up, dress pants, and dress shoes/flip flops (depending on the weather).

Still, suits = $$$.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']So budge is a pimp?

Nice.[/quote]

I wish... not really.

Also @ WSB, I totally forgot about that :lol:.

I usually start with a full suit and as the day goes on it slowly comes off, sometimes the other way around.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm too laid back for a suit all the time. I just go with an untucked button up shirt with the sleeves rolled way up, dress pants, and dress shoes/flip flops (depending on the weather).

Still, suits = $$$.[/quote]

See that is the thing, after wearing them for awhile they are no longer constrictive. I do everything I might do in casual clothes in a suit. In fact I even played basketball with a dress shirt and pants on, no suit jacket or tie of couse, because I was waiting with my friends and they started play Basketball and I had nothing to do so I played with them.

Also @ Liquid. I listened to some World's End Girlfriend on Last.fm does it ever have singing or get faster? I really like lyrical music.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Liquid: Did you ever listen to the Depreciation Guild? That shit is so good.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Haven't listened to them since I first did though. Maybe I'll do that later today.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Indeed. Haven't listened to them since I first did though. Maybe I'll do that later today.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I got my friend, who loves shoegaze, too, into them. I have a problem with getting satisfaction out of people liking my recommendation.

[quote name='Dkellar']senorwoohoo, I'll mail you these vegetable seeds one day. lol[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Take your time. ;)

[quote name='darthbudge']Noice. My dad just gave me three Designer Italian suits. Two will have to tailored but the last one is fits almost perfectly. Finally I can wear a different suit each week.[/QUOTE]

wait....Designer Italian is the brand name? :lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']Also @ Liquid. I listened to some World's End Girlfriend on Last.fm does it ever have singing or get faster? I really like lyrical music.[/QUOTE]
Their beauty and power is in how they don't need lyrics to convey emotion. You're looking in the wrong place if you're looking for lyrical music.

But yes, some parts of some songs speed up in tempo drastically for a brief period of time.

[quote name='Senorwoohoo']Sounds good. I got my friend, who loves shoegaze, too, into them. I have a problem with getting satisfaction out of people liking my recommendation.
[/QUOTE]I've got the same "problem." :lol:

It just makes me recommend the best of the best though, so everyone wins. :lol:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Their beauty and power is in how they don't need lyrics to convey emotion. You're looking in the wrong place if you're looking for lyrical music.

But yes, some parts of some songs speed up in tempo drastically for a brief period of time.

I've got the same "problem." :lol:

It just makes me recommend the best of the best though, so everyone wins. :lol:[/quote]
Sorru, not dissing them or anything, but I guess that just isn't my type of music.

EDIT: He is mod who used to be a trading Guide I think.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Their beauty and power is in how they don't need lyrics to convey emotion. You're looking in the wrong place if you're looking for lyrical music.

I've got the same "problem." :lol:

It just makes me recommend the best of the best though, so everyone wins. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both parts.

Darth, maybe you should try some other post-rock like Explosions in the Sky or Do Make Say Think to ease into this kind of stuff. Unless you already listen to them, of course.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Agreed on both parts.

Darth, maybe you should try some other post-rock like Explosions in the Sky or Do Make Say Think to ease into this kind of stuff. Unless you already listen to them, of course.[/quote]

I have listened to some Explosions in the Sky and I have never heard of Do Make Say Think. I will look more of there stuff up tommorow. I gotta get off soon, gonna go do some stuff and then go to a Super Bowl Party with Friends.

To the Suit Closet! Cya guys later

I've been listening to a lot less hip hop lately, and a lot more ambient/post-rock/etc music.

I kinda regret wiping my last.fm stats, as it would have been interesting to see the shift in musical taste.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Agreed on both parts.

Darth, maybe you should try some other post-rock like Explosions in the Sky or Do Make Say Think to ease into this kind of stuff. Unless you already listen to them, of course.[/QUOTE]

Oh post-rock...Del Rey, A Silver Mt. Zion, God Speed You Black Emperor, and Mono used to rule my life.

[quote name='Brak']frost, do you have a spare minidisc recorder? (Of the portable variety.)[/quote]
I have a MD-walkman type deal -- it came with sony's jukebox software for managing files. It's gold and a bit beat up, as I used to use it for running trails (and I took a couple spills here and there. I'm not sure I have the original headphones any longer (I think I replaced them with something I liked better). I have a bunch of MD discs too. I could probably take a few photos if you like.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I've been listening to a lot less hip hop lately, and a lot more ambient/post-rock/etc music.

I kinda regret wiping my last.fm stats, as it would have been interesting to see the shift in musical taste.[/QUOTE]

That's why I haven't reset mine. My only reason for wiping 'em would be to fix some mistagged artists like "Danger Doom," which should be DangerDOOM. Also, I hate that blink-182 is still in my Top 50 on my overall charts. :cry: :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']Oh post-rock...Del Rey, A Silver Mt. Zion, God Speed You Black Emperor, and Mono used to rule my life.[/QUOTE]

I have the chance to see A Silver Mt. Zion in a few months. Might have to do that.

T shirt and jeans for the win. That's all I wear when I'm out anywhere. Shorts at home.

Just beat rank 6 fight. That shit was crazy. Hard, too.

Just checked my rep, I have 60% good or no answer, 40% bad.

50% is trash talk, 50% is aggressiveness. That's funny, since I never talk with anyone but CAGs. Guess I'm just tooooo good. :cool:

[quote name='Rocko']T shirt and jeans for the win. That's all I wear when I'm out anywhere. Shorts at home.

50% is trash talk, 50% is aggressiveness. That's funny, since I never talk with anyone but CAGs. Guess I'm just tooooo good. :cool:[/quote]
Rep? On what?

[quote name='Rocko']T shirt and jeans for the win. That's all I wear when I'm out anywhere. Shorts at home.

50% is trash talk, 50% is aggressiveness. That's funny, since I never talk with anyone but CAGs. Guess I'm just tooooo good. :cool:[/quote]

It was all TFN.

Lol I think I have a perfect record, however my little bro has a horrendous record because of being really agressive, not listening to people and yelling random shit into the microphone. I feel bad for the people he plays with.

I want Bioshock, but all I've played on TOB is Portal. After I beat Mass Effect, I suppose I should try out TF2 and HL2.

Played only a couple of levels of Half-Life. Do I need to finish that first?

How come there aren't any single-player games on the Xblox that has headset support? I know you could give orders back in the day on Rainbow Six and SOCOM.

Well, my estimated ship date has come and gone, and yet it still says "processing."

I think i'm going to call it quits with YF360G after this. The shit is broken.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I want Bioshock, but all I've played on TOB is Portal. After I beat Mass Effect, I suppose I should try out TF2 and HL2.

Played only a couple of levels of Half-Life. Do I need to finish that first?[/quote]

I have never played HL but I have played all the HL2's. You don't need to play the first at all really. They explain most of it, the rest can be obtained on Wikipedia.

Want shittier rep? play fighting games.

I have a low ranking for "aggressiveness" after playing SFII:Hyper Fighting. Yeah...knocking someone for "aggressiveness" in a fighting game is probably the weakest sauce evar....

[quote name='senorwoohoo']

I have the chance to see A Silver Mt. Zion in a few months. Might have to do that.[/QUOTE]

Do it. They're pretty damn good live.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, my estimated ship date has come and gone, and yet it still says "processing."

I think i'm going to call it quits with YF360G after this. The shit is broken.[/quote]

GHIII, right? It's backed up. You have to wait. Just be patient, you're going to get it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Rep? On what?[/quote]

XBL.

I really want to file a Non-Paying Bidder report soon. If I don't get a reply from the buyer by tomorrow I think I will. that'll be a week and two days with no payment, and no reply to my email from yesterday. :/

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, my estimated ship date has come and gone, and yet it still says "processing."

I think i'm going to call it quits with YF360G after this. The shit is broken.[/quote]

did you do GH2? If you're still up for hooking a CAG up with the game from that eventually, I still needs it.

Here is one of the post-rock songs I like:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okLCurB1lJw[/media]

EDIT: Not sure if that really qualifies as Post-Rock or not though.

[quote name='Rocko']GHIII, right? It's backed up. You have to wait. Just be patient, you're going to get it.

[/QUOTE]

For fuck's sakes. I knew some shit like that would happen. I hate trainn.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'll have to find someone to join me, then.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could, I haven't seen a decent show in forever. Ever since I moved out to Wisconsin...coincidence? I think not. supposedly my town has a great local music scene...too bad it's all college rock and nothing experimental at all.

[quote name='Rocko']GHIII, right? It's backed up. You have to wait. Just be patient, you're going to get it.

XBL.

I really want to file a Non-Paying Bidder report soon. If I don't get a reply from the buyer by tomorrow I think I will. that'll be a week and two days with no payment, and no reply to my email from yesterday. :/[/quote]

No, GH2.

Frost, at this point, lets just assume i'm not getting it, just to be on the safe side. I get the feeling that i'll probably get it at some point, but who knows when. You might not want to wait around for it.

[quote name='Apossum']I wish I could, I haven't seen a decent show in forever. Ever since I moved out to Wisconsin...coincidence? I think not. supposedly my town has a great local music scene...too bad it's all college rock and nothing experimental at all.[/QUOTE]

The scene around here is average, but Boston gets a lot of great shows so I'm lucky it's only an hour away.

[quote name='darthbudge']Here is one of the post-rock songs I like:

EDIT: Not sure if that really qualifies as Post-Rock or not though.[/QUOTE]

Sure does. Sigur Ros = beautiful.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Rock Band on YF360G is a rip-off. They should have made the SE version 4 offers.[/quote]

Chroo. Though I'm fine with picking up the drums for free and then potentially getting RockBand with trade ins or something at GS.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Doesn't Sigur Ros record in an empty swimming pool or something for acoustics?[/QUOTE]

If they do, that's pretty interesting. Either way, I

[quote name='Apossum']Want shittier rep? play fighting games.

I have a low ranking for "aggressiveness" after playing SFII:Hyper Fighting. Yeah...knocking someone for "aggressiveness" in a fighting game is probably the weakest sauce evar....

:[/QUOTE]

The people who play SFII are so AIDS. Wack $$$$as play that game. People always wanted to shit talk me after playing that game for some reason.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The people who play SFII are so AIDS. Wack $$$$as play that game. People always wanted to shit talk me after playing that game for some reason.[/quote]

Hopefully it's better for HD Remix. Also, hopefully HD Remix isn't AIDS on Live.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']The scene around here is average, but Boston gets a lot of great shows so I'm lucky it's only an hour away.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I saw on last.fm that you go to the Middle East a lot. I'm jealous, that place rules! I used to go to a place in Chicago called the Empty Bottle that is a lot like it--tiny, cramped, and tons of awesome bands.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
The people who play SFII are so AIDS. Wack $$$$as play that game. People always wanted to shit talk me after playing that game for some reason.[/quote]

Truth. playing quarter matches with the fighter thread guys was fun, but if we only had 3 people in the room, some douche would inevitably take the 4th spot. The E.Honda spammers were the worst. PSA XBL: the hundred hand slap is not invincible. :lol:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']No, GH2.

Frost, at this point, lets just assume i'm not getting it, just to be on the safe side. I get the feeling that i'll probably get it at some point, but who knows when. You might not want to wait around for it.[/quote]

No hurries, I think. Don't even have my GH3 yet, so playing GH2 game only would be no fun. No rush, but since I just sold my GH2 (PS2) I need to replace it for sure with the 360 version.

Chevelle is playing at the chance w/ the sick puppies on 3/14... I'd kind of like to see Chevelle at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back