Shining Tears
Wild Arms 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Thread of Fate
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Anthology

sd533745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postaboy']Hit the Jackpot. 22 games for $110.

Lunar
Skies of Arcadia
Growlanser Generation Boxset (SEALED)
Saga Frontier 1 & 2
Vandal Hearts 1 & 2
.Hack//Quarantine
Star Ocean
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (SEALED)
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Legend of Mana
Baten Kaitos Origins (SEALED)
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Grandia Xtreme
Shining Tears
Wild Arms 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Thread of Fate
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Anthology

sd533745.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Man my jaw fucking dropped when I saw your pic. I hate you, lol

Finally had what I consider a good find at Goodwill tofay, saw a stack of PS1 titles, and amongst some crap I found:

Crash Bandicoot GH
Crash Badicoot 2 GH
Crash Bandicoot 3 GH
Crash Team Racing Black Label
Croc GH
Croc 2 Black Label

The only other game they had which I considered, but ended up leaving there was Crash Bash. They were labled $4 each, but I guess they were 50% off because the guy rang them up for $2. Everything is mint with the original cases and manuals too. Not the greatest score, but still a good deal on some great classics.

Found a boxed in mint condition neo geo pocket color with all the manuals for $5, a boxed worm light and battery accessory and 2 games that i got for an additional 25 cents each. They also had a bunch of other games from which I picked out what I did not have they were genesis games and atari games, the lady only charged me half price for the atari games since "they were so old" (the games were only priced $1 each anyways). The person in front of me had a boxed sega master system and boxed menacer gun.. Considering I NEVER see games at this thrift it was very unusual.

The neo geo pocket color sure does feel cheap & light but plays like its brand new...

I also went to a bunch of thrifts, picked up 3 pairs of really nice jeans at half price and oddly enough found a fire escape arcade game being operated in some thrift (I guess its a rare mechanical arcade game from 1984), I don't think it was for sale though. Not surprisingly when I posted a picture of it to facebook someone on my friends list declared it as their holy grail and instantly wanted to buy it.

[quote name='moop2001']Got an unbelievable steal at a thrift store. It's a new bar/hutch. Paid about a $100 and valued it at about $2500. I might sell it but, hot damn, it looks good.

[/QUOTE]
That's quite expensive, aren't thrift stores supposed to be.. well thrift stores? Half the time I can find new items for cheaper, and half are alright deals depending on which store.

Although I must say that's a good deal, plus it's looks nice. :applause:

they actually had a 320 gb PS3 slim at my goodwill. it was opened and $299.99. i know its $350 new but i dont see anyone buying a $300 anything from Goodwill.

Normally when I hit up the Salvation Army stores down the line from me I find the usual 6 year old sports games and scratched to crap kiddie games for PS1.

But yesterday I found two SEALED copies of :ps2:We ♥ Katamari. They have what looks like Amazon stickers on the back of the case on top of the shrinkwrap. They were marked $3.99 each, but since it was 'clearance day' at the thrift yesterday they were only $2 each.;)

Score again at the same thrift shop. Everything's complete except for Symphonia, Chrono Cross, and Windwaker.

16 games + 1 wavebird for $86

Tales of Destiny 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dino Crisis
Vagrant Story
Arc the Lad
Suikoden IV
Paper Mario
Zelda Wind Waker
Tales of Symphonia
Super Mario Sunshine
Haunting Ground
Luigi's Mansion
Mark Kart
Mega Man X Collection
SuperSmash Bros Melee
Chrono Cross (sold to roommate)
Wavebird Controller

sd534676.jpg

well another succesful trip today I picked up blast corps for $3 and friday the 13th NES for $2. I kinda wanted it to see how bad it really was. I also picked up the cuponk ball throwing game for $5 seems pretty fun.

I scored a major haul again today. I love thrift stores! Pics are incoming....
- 2 Wavebird Dongles -$1
- 1 Official Gamecube Component Cable - $3
- Complete Atari Flashback 2 - $5
- D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router - $12
- Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly Xbox Complete - $5
- Tron 2.0 Xbox Complete - $5
- Unopened Narnia Stratego - $6
- Unoped MOC Sorceror's Stone Snape Action Figure - $6
- Complete Green N64 Limited Edition Donkey Kong w/ Yellow Cart Donkey Kong, Goldeneye, and Ocarina of Time - $19 (WOW!!!)

And the ultimate mother load, a box of about 3,000 Pokemon, Yugioh, and Chaotic playing cards. - $7

This isn't just throw away commons either. Ton's of holos and ultra rares. I know shit about Pokemon and those other games, but so far I've gone through about 1000 of the cards and am looking at wholesale value of about $100. If anybody wants some cards let me know, as I'm willing to make some deals.

I haven't felt the same way about Pokemon cards since I traded for a Raichu holo one day in 7th grade and then I got beat up for it by a bunch of black kids in the showers after gym.

/debbiedowner

[quote name='Martinmz']well another succesful trip today I picked up blast corps for $3 and friday the 13th NES for $2. I kinda wanted it to see how bad it really was.[/QUOTE]

It's really not. I would have taken it in a heartbeat for $2. People complain that the map is backwards but that's how it is in a lot of current-gen games they go gaga for. Plus Jason wears a purple J-Lo track suit.

[quote name='moop2001']I scored a major haul again today. I love thrift stores! Pics are incoming....
- 2 Wavebird Dongles -$1
- Complete Green N64 Limited Edition Donkey Kong w/ Yellow Cart Donkey Kong, Goldeneye, and Ocarina of Time - $19 (WOW!!!)

And the ultimate mother load, a box of about 3,000 Pokemon, Yugioh, and Chaotic playing cards. - $7

This isn't just throw away commons either. Ton's of holos and ultra rares. I know shit about Pokemon and those other games, but so far I've gone through about 1000 of the cards and am looking at wholesale value of about $100. If anybody wants some cards let me know, as I'm willing to make some deals.[/QUOTE]
The one SA store here had 3-4 boxes loaded up with baseball cards a while ago. Either a store went out of biz or some collector died and their family donated them. The boxes had to hold about 1-2k cards each, but they wanted $20 a box for them.:cry:

Otherwise I would've grabbed all dem shitz and resold them for $5 for a certain number of cards.:D

[quote name='Survivalism']I haven't felt the same way about Pokemon cards since I traded for a Raichu holo one day in 7th grade and then I got beat up for it by a bunch of black kids in the showers after gym.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty goddamn nerdy, having your Pokemon card in the shower with you..sounds like you deserved the beating.

[quote name='sgaldis']That's pretty goddamn nerdy, having your Pokemon card in the shower with you..sounds like you deserved the beating.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't Raichu be able to kick some ass in a water environment?

Last week, got King of Fighters '97, a beat up Castlevania: SotN, and Pocket Fighter (all Saturn imports) for $4 each at a thrift store near my house! The next day, I picked up Street Fighter III W (import) and the soundtrack to Akira for $4 each, as well!

[quote name='bergen2']never knew you could get sweet stuff at a thrift store :)[/QUOTE]

It can be very hit or miss, with better luck at certain cities over others. I've found some "good" stuff (relatively speaking) where I've lived, but not as well as others. The keys to finding gold is persistence and knowledge. To what degree you know what things could be worth determines a lot of your success.

[quote name='aniousjoe']It can be very hit or miss, with better luck at certain cities over others. I've found some "good" stuff (relatively speaking) where I've lived, but not as well as others. The keys to finding gold is persistence and knowledge. To what degree you know what things could be worth determines a lot of your success.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, for every jackpot find for me it seems like there's been at least six or seven trips where I spent 30 minutes reading every CD on the rack to look if there's anything worth getting only to come up empty handed.

[quote name='blindinglights']Definitely, for every jackpot find for me it seems like there's been at least six or seven trips where I spent 30 minutes reading every CD on the rack to look if there's anything worth getting only to come up empty handed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my favorite Goodwill has the CDs stacked sideways so I crane my neck for 10 minutes reading labels until my head hurts.

The best finds for me are usually PC games. Sometimes there will be nonsports PS1 or PS2 game, or an impulse purchase such as the soundtrack for Starship Troopers that I bought today. For 1.97, why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pilotwings, NHL94, Donkey Kong Country 1, and an N64 rumble pack for $13.70 today. Have had DKC2 and 3 for awhile, been lookin for DKC1 for awhile.

[quote name='salty tbone']Yeah, my favorite Goodwill has the CDs stacked sideways so I crane my neck for 10 minutes reading labels until my head hurts.[/QUOTE]

I do the exact same thing.

[quote name='moop2001']I scored a major haul again today. I love thrift stores! Pics are incoming....
- 2 Wavebird Dongles -$1

This isn't just throw away commons either. Ton's of holos and ultra rares. I know shit about Pokemon and those other games, but so far I've gone through about 1000 of the cards and am looking at wholesale value of about $100. If anybody wants some cards let me know, as I'm willing to make some deals.[/QUOTE]
An official gamecube component cable?!?! I have been pulling my hair out trying to find one of these and for $2 that is an absolute steal. I want to play my gamecube again but $80 for the cable is way out of my league. Lucky lucky you.

[quote name='doodmandood']:applause:

photos and also a price?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately it's in awful shape and it's one of the less valuable versions. I'll post some pics though. There are a few valuable one's in the stack but going through them is daunting. I'm thinking of just selling the lot wholesale to a website that sells them.

I had two first editions way back when the base set first came out. If I knew what I did with all of those cards, I might throw them up on eBay.

Goodwill $15 - Guitar Hero 5 Sealed. The box had stickers on it. The game was sealed. =]

[quote name='Lugi']Goodwill $15 - Guitar Hero 5 Sealed. The box had stickers on it. The game was sealed. =][/QUOTE]

Probably a Target clearance item. My Goodwill always has a ton of clearance stuff from Target that didn't get sold.

Ooh, ooh, I have a great Charizard story.

Ok, so in my town there was this store, RST. I think they were originally a baseball card / comic book shop or something but when they realized they could get rich off of Pokemon crap it basically became the only thing they sold including many imported toys and stuff. It was pretty amazing being a 10-year-old kid and having a store that only sold Pokemon shit right in your town.

So anyway, they also sold individual holographic cards. Charizard was the most expensive, it was $40 for a non-first-edition. My brother and I (he was 7 or 8 - somehow, we were great with sharing) saved up the cash and I went in to buy one with my dad. They didn't have any so for some reason I decided to get booster packs instead. They were like $6-8 each (really) so I couldn't have bought more than 5 or 6. This was before there was a holographic in every pack too so in hindsight I should've just kept my money.

Long story short, I took half the packs for myself and opened them in the car on the way home. HELL YES, CHARIZARD. When I got home I gave my bro the other half of the packs and...HELL YES, CHARIZARD AGAIN. One of the luckiest things that ever happened to me. (/lame) I still have mine around here somewhere.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Ooh, ooh, I have a great Charizard story.

Ok, so in my town there was this store, RST. I think they were originally a baseball card / comic book shop or something but when they realized they could get rich off of Pokemon crap it basically became the only thing they sold including many imported toys and stuff. It was pretty amazing being a 10-year-old kid and having a store that only sold Pokemon shit right in your town.

So anyway, they also sold individual holographic cards. Charizard was the most expensive, it was $40 for a non-first-edition. My brother and I (he was 7 or 8 - somehow, we were great with sharing) saved up the cash and I went in to buy one with my dad. They didn't have any so for some reason I decided to get booster packs instead. They were like $6-8 each (really) so I couldn't have bought more than 5 or 6. This was before there was a holographic in every pack too so in hindsight I should've just kept my money.

Long story short, I took half the packs for myself and opened them in the car on the way home. HELL YES, CHARIZARD. When I got home I gave my bro the other half of the packs and...HELL YES, CHARIZARD AGAIN. One of the luckiest things that ever happened to me. (/lame) I still have mine around here somewhere.[/QUOTE]

If only I could have been so lucky when the Pokemon TCG was at its height of popularity during middle school... of course, the cocksuckers that always found it necessary to pick on us probably would've stolen and/or destroyed any Charizard I was naive enough to let out of my hands.

Back on topic: found a heavily used white wireless 360 controller for $5; came with a recharge pack, but it doesn't seem to want to charge for more than about 10 seconds and dies as soon as it's unplugged...probably why they dumped it at GW. Also picked up a nice "official NFL gear" Cleveland Browns t-shirt. Looks like it was hardly ever worn; silkscreening on the front isn't cracked at all.

While we're on the topic of Charizard let me throw my story in the mix. My friends and I saved up some serious cash and bought a whole 1st edition booster box from Electronics Boutique. I'm not sure what the price per booster pack was back then, but I'm pretty sure we dropped around $25 each. We were in fifth grade at the time (I think I was 11) so $25 each was a lot. We divvied up the boosters and I wound up getting a 1st Edition Charizard AND a 1st Edition Blastoise. Somehow I was a lucky bastard and managed to get another Charizard later on (not 1st edition), so in order to fund my Pokemon habit (and recoup my $25 investment) I signed up for eBay (had no idea 11 year olds weren't allowed to sign up) and popped my 1st edition Charizard up for auction. I wound up getting $375.00 for the card in the end, needless to say that bought me a SHIT TON of Jungle booster packs when those hit in the summer.

Then I got to sixth grade and got made fun of for liking Pokemon on the first day of classes so I sold out and dropped Pokemon to be a "cool" kid. I posted the rest of my cards on eBay to buy a Dreamcast and a bunch of games, which was the best decision of my life. I think most (if not all) of the cards I sold at the time became completely worthless within a year. Even a 1st edition Charizard is worth pittance now compared to what I got for mine in '99.

picked up Zelda Collectors Edition for the Game cube today at SA for $5 still has all its inserts with no scratches on disc every thing on the inside is in almost perfect condition

Didnt know they carry some good stuff (Never shop in a Thrift store). I notice there is a new store that opened by Shady Grove, MD Best Buy. Anyone been to that store? Do they carry video games?

[quote name='Doomstink'] I signed up for eBay (had no idea 11 year olds weren't allowed to sign up) and popped my 1st edition Charizard up for auction. [/QUOTE]

I loved eBay and Yahoo auctions back in middle school. Just click the box that I'm over 18 and off I went. I bought a lot and sold a lot of Pokemon stuff back then. Of course I didn't see any reason not to shove a few dollar bills and coins into the envelopes and mail them off. I'm sure the people had to know I was about 11 years old from my e-mails and the way I would hand write everything.

My favorite thing I got back then was also the first. I ordered an official Chono Trigger sound track from some company advertised in one of the video game magazines. They had a website I went on there and wrote down the item info pulled out like my 50 bucks or whatever I had saved and taped the extra coins to an index card and dropped it in the mail box. A few weeks later my fantabulous Chrono Trigger CDs arrived.

Saw a Sega Saturn for the first time ever in a thrift store, but, instead of putting it behind the counter like other high-value items, they ripped the top off of the retail box it came in and then taped it over a thousand times with masking tape. Everything was in it for $20.20; I don't know how to buy a Saturn but I figured I probably could do better elsewhere, plus the only games were two copies of Wing Arms for $4.99 each.

Then at the Goodwill there was a black Gamecube for $30, get real. Tied to the handle of Gamecube was a bag full of PS2 controllers and a N64 power brick. *shrug*

Also, some douchebag hipster was walking towards me with his trashy girlfriend and a fucking Starbucks cup and as I passed them he said "tsh, he could be a hipster if he tried." About a thousand things went through my mind all at once but what I finally decided on was "hey, did you want your ass beaten in front of your woman?"

[quote name='Survivalism']Saw a Sega Saturn for the first time ever in a thrift store, but, instead of putting it behind the counter like other high-value items, they ripped the top off of the retail box it came in and then taped it over a thousand times with masking tape. Everything was in it for $20.20; I don't know how to buy a Saturn but I figured I probably could do better elsewhere, plus the only games were two copies of Wing Arms for $4.99 each.

Then at the Goodwill there was a black Gamecube for $30, get real. Tied to the handle of Gamecube was a bag full of PS2 controllers and a N64 power brick. *shrug*

Also, some douchebag hipster was walking towards me with his trashy girlfriend and a fucking Starbucks cup and as I passed them he said "tsh, he could be a hipster if he tried." About a thousand things went through my mind all at once but what I finally decided on was "hey, did you want your ass beaten in front of your woman?"
[/QUOTE]

$20 wouldn't be a bad price for a Saturn if, and here's the key word, it works. Alright you got me, that's two words.

Yeah, and considering how many semi-functioning and non-functioning systems I've dumped on Goodwill; they've got to be kidding themselves to jack those back up to full price when they have either A) no return policy, or B) a very sketchy return policy when it comes to electronics.

Always bundle it up I say; never pay for a system that you can get for free.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yeah, and considering how many semi-functioning and non-functioning systems I've dumped on Goodwill; they've got to be kidding themselves to jack those back up to full price when they have either A) no return policy, or B) a very sketchy return policy when it comes to electronics.[/QUOTE]

What a good-hearted, charitable soul you are. :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back