Thrift Store Thread 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Now I'm annoyed that I turned down the idea of buying an old pair of Air Jordans at a Salvation Army about 20-25 minutes from me about a month ago.

I think they were about $6 or so.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I would say 75% of jordans are fake at any thrift stores. I'll post some pics of valuable jordans Ive found later tonight

I love when electronics are on sale at Goodwill. 40% off today- Dreamcast with 2 controllers, 2 VMUs, rf adapter, no power cable, and a Ranger II N 2 Channel RC Controller for $16.18.

DC stuff all works, tested with my PS3 slim power cable and my universal svideo cable. Dont have any rc boats or cars but this controller turned on when I put 8 (yes 8) AAs in it. Its apparently missing a few things but its a $40+ RC controller and I paid $3 for it.

I came across Paperboy and Beetlejuice complete for the NES today for $5 each. both going into the NES collection

IMG_0176.jpg

[quote name='juangrande386']I love when electronics are on sale at Goodwill. 40% off today- Dreamcast with 2 controllers, 2 VMUs, rf adapter, no power cable, and a Ranger II N 2 Channel RC Controller for $16.18.

DC stuff all works, tested with my PS3 slim power cable and my universal svideo cable. Dont have any rc boats or cars but this controller turned on when I put 8 (yes 8) AAs in it. Its apparently missing a few things but its a $40+ RC controller and I paid $3 for it.[/QUOTE]

Was this a deal? Cool buy if it was something you wanted to play for yourself, but last time I looked Dreamcast stuff was worth jack squat. Although I did sell a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 for 20 bucks a few weeks ago....

[quote name='spmahn']Was this a deal? Cool buy if it was something you wanted to play for yourself, but last time I looked Dreamcast stuff was worth jack squat. Although I did sell a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 for 20 bucks a few weeks ago....[/QUOTE]

Uhhhm Ive always been able to get $20-$40 for Dreamcasts on Ebay depending on whats included. At the moment I dont plan on selling it till I have some games to throw in.

[quote name='juangrande386']Uhhhm Ive always been able to get $20-$40 for Dreamcasts on Ebay depending on whats included. At the moment I dont plan on selling it till I have some games to throw in.[/QUOTE]

Damn only that much! I bought Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (both of them in mint condition, no scratches whatsoever) for $20 shipped through a seller from another forum, hoping that it would go up on price.

sd536565.jpg

Found these at Goodwill today. All in fantastic condition and complete unless noted:

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey(PS1) - $2
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus(PS1) - $2
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1) - $3
Mechwarrior 2(PS1) - $3
Half-Life(Missing Manual)(PS2) - $3

Went thrifting with my girlfriend today and had a pretty nice haul:
Dreamcast with one controller and a Generator vol. 2 disk inside - $10
SSPX0108.jpg
Pokemon starter gift box - $2
The deck boxes didn't actually have the decks in them, but all the inserts were there, including the Eevee coin and the damage counters, as well as the playmat which looks like it's never been used. The 2-Player deck box, however, had those 12 holo rares from the first 3 sets, all in those super expensive thick plastic card holders and all immaculate.

Dunno if there's even a market for it, I grabbed it for nostalgia's sake.
SSPX0105.jpg

SSPX0107.jpg

I haven't been to Goodwill or any thrift store for that matter in at least three weeks. This thread has been itching to hit up a few. I just may do that tomorrow. My Goodwill almost never has any video games, other than 96-97 sports games for PC. >_>

[quote name='TheHelix']Got FF12 for 4.49 with student discount at Goodwill.[/QUOTE]
Student discount? I wasn't aware of that. Can you elaborate?

[quote name='aptanor']Went thrifting with my girlfriend today and had a pretty nice haul:
Pokemon starter gift box - $2
The deck boxes didn't actually have the decks in them, but all the inserts were there, including the Eevee coin and the damage counters, as well as the playmat which looks like it's never been used. The 2-Player deck box, however, had those 12 holo rares from the first 3 sets, all in those super expensive thick plastic card holders and all immaculate.

Dunno if there's even a market for it, I grabbed it for nostalgia's sake.[/quote]
You would've been the man amongst the Pokemon TCG fans about 14 years ago. Three Zapdos, Atricuno, Clefairy, and Ditto...

[quote name='Tsel']Student discount? I wasn't aware of that. Can you elaborate?[/QUOTE]

It's store specific. Each store is run fairly independently from each other, although regional goodwill organizations may have some standardization.

Between last night and today, we had a few good finds at the GWOC.
A few highlights:

• A fat PS2, seal was broken, but I tested and it plays great.
  • A CIB Super Scope 6
  • Halo 3
  • Fallout 3 Art Book
  • Halo 3 Soundtrack
  • 3 Sonic Plushies: Super Sonic, Knuckles and Amy Rose
  • A small mountain of various CDs and DVDs

my goodwill had a good amount of PSX games...i scored...

Crash Bash
Syphon Filter 2
Tomba 2
Gex 3
Croc Legend of the Gobbos
Gex 2
Crash Nitro Kart

total spent...$7 ($1 each)

Went to check out the local Goodwill for the first time ever. Picked up

Playstation 1 (no cables/power cable/controllers, Metal Gear Solid Disc 1 inside) --- $5

Black Nintendo Gamecube (no cables/power cable/controllers) --- $5

Mario Kart Double Dash, Gamecube (complete) --- $2

I need to get some cables to see if the systems are functional, any advice on where I can get them? (Besides of ebay), and how much they usually cost?

Since this is my first time scouring for deals, how did I make out?

Thanks!

Some of my recent pick ups

Seasons 1,2, and 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm---$6 for all 3 Seasons
Def Poetry Jam Season 3 ----$2
Nintendo Monopoly ----$2
Call of Duty 2 PC Pre-Order Promo Tshirt Sealed in box----$5(anyone have a value idea on this)
Windows 98 2nd Edition Sealed---$3
Yamaha DD-5 Digital Drum Machine ----$6
Roland ED U-8 USB Digital Studio-----$6

Dropped by GoodWill after work.

Picked up:
GAMECUBE AR Action Replay MAX version 1.0 (disc only) with Manual for $1.99
XBOX Shenmue 2 (complete) $5.99
XBOX Dino Crisis 3 (complete) $5.99
XBOX Star Wars Knight of Republic (complete) $5.99

Does anyone know how much the Action Replay Max goes for on eBay? I did a complete listing and saw a few of them sold between $50 to $300+.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAG90210']Went to check out the local Goodwill for the first time ever. Picked up

Playstation 1 (no cables/power cable/controllers, Metal Gear Solid Disc 1 inside) --- $5[/QUOTE]

Funny. Last week I got a GH version of MGS, complete except it's missing disc 1. Everything else is near mint. Where are you located?

[quote name='Pirate331']You would've been the man amongst the Pokemon TCG fans about 14 years ago. Three Zapdos, Atricuno, Clefairy, and Ditto...[/QUOTE]
One of the Zapdos was Japanese B)

I had found MGS at a pawn shop a few days ago as well, picked it up for 5. It had the manual and both disks, but they had tossed the case out and put the two disks in separate jewel cases thinking it was 2 games or something >:I

Also you got lucky on that Gamecube. There's one at mine but they want 30 for it :/

Went out of town for a couple of days but couldn't resist snooping around for stuff. Eventually I came back home with the following.

2mha8id.png

15gv6t0.png

x0xq28.png

ZX Spectrum with power brick, in the box with styrofoam. Now to find the rest of what's supposed to be in there.
Also, a bunch of PlayStation magazines, yay!

Went to a Good Will since we were a block away after visiting a plant nursery. They had some long box games for $4.99, so I didn't bother. After looking at books, and seeing that they raised the prices, I made one more quick look around the knick-knacks.

Found this portable bluetooth keyboard:

I found a used one of these about a year ago, and sold it for $100. This one's sealed.

3ac70bf8.jpg

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']It's a Dell mini 9 and it fits in my pocket! Best $160 I've ever spent.[/QUOTE]

That's one big ass pocket. ;)

Found a few things today 03/20/2011:

Guides:
Donkey Kong Country
Castlevania 64
Perfect Dark
Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution
Phantasy Star Universe
Sword of Mana

PC Game-
Tribes 2 (Jewel Case)

Star Wars:
The Power of the Force Grand Moff Tarkin -Sealed
Episode I Burger King Promotional Item -Sealed
Episode IV Burger King Promotional Item -Sealed
Episode VI Burger King Promotional Item -Sealed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60367565@N03/sets/72157626310791044/

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Picked up a sealed copy of DJ Hero for $6.37!

18Gxql.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice. I found a used, but still in great shape, DJ Hero 1 turntable bundle for $12.99 a couple weeks ago. I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Today at GW i found a Shoei RF 1000 all white motorcycle helmet for 4.95 thing is in great shape hopeing for a nice flip on it after looking at ebay prices

[quote name='Tsel']Student discount? I wasn't aware of that. Can you elaborate?[/QUOTE]

My local Goodwill offers 10% off with valid student ID, Military ID, or if you are Age 55 or older.

I found a boxed up, but super dirty sega genesis for $15 in a local goodwill. It's suppose to come with a sonic the hedgehog 2 game, but the store separated them and is selling the game for $1. It has the full case and manual. It's funny because on the case of the game, it even says "not for resale"

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to purchase the system and game?

[quote name='CAG90210']I found a boxed up, but super dirty sega genesis for $15 in a local goodwill. It's suppose to come with a sonic the hedgehog 2 game, but the store separated them and is selling the game for $1. It has the full case and manual. It's funny because on the case of the game, it even says "not for resale"

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to purchase the system and game?[/QUOTE]

Nope, pass on it, way too much to pay. I just sold a Genesis in the box with like 9 games and barely got $10 for it on eBay. Genesis stuff holds zero value and are extremely common

Anyways, I had some great finds at Goodwill today. Picked up the following for $3 each:

Complete Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast (Flips for $30)
Complete Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast (Flips for $10 - $15)
Silent Hill for PS1 Disc and Case, No Manual (Flips for $25 without the manual)
Cart Only Star Fox for SNES (Only flips for $5, but I wanted this for my personal collection more than anything else)

Passed on Street Fighter Alpha 2 for SNES because it had a big blockbuster sticker covering up the label, a complete Star Wars Jedi Power Battles for Dreamcast, and a complete copy of A Bugs Life for PS1. They also had a large stack of original X-Box games, but nothing caught my eye, and I'm not aware of anything on that console that has any value as a flip. Are there any?

[quote name='spmahn']Nope, pass on it, way too much to pay. I just sold a Genesis in the box with like 9 games and barely got $10 for it on eBay. Genesis stuff holds zero value and are extremely common

Anyways, I had some great finds at Goodwill today. Picked up the following for $3 each:

Complete Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast (Flips for $30)
Complete Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast (Flips for $10 - $15)
Silent Hill for PS1 Disc and Case, No Manual (Flips for $25 without the manual)
Cart Only Star Fox for SNES (Only flips for $5, but I wanted this for my personal collection more than anything else)

Passed on Street Fighter Alpha 2 for SNES because it had a big blockbuster sticker covering up the label, a complete Star Wars Jedi Power Battles for Dreamcast, and a complete copy of A Bugs Life for PS1. They also had a large stack of original X-Box games, but nothing caught my eye, and I'm not aware of anything on that console that has any value as a flip. Are there any?[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true on the Genesis value comment. I flipped a copy of Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis for ~$40 a month or so back. I paid maybe $.50 for it.

As far as Xbox games, the only ones of value that come to mind are Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Knights of the Old Republic 2.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not entirely true on the Genesis value comment. I flipped a copy of Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis for ~$40 a month or so back. I paid maybe $.50 for it.

As far as Xbox games, the only ones of value that come to mind are Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Knights of the Old Republic 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're absolutely right, I should have been so general. There is SOME Genesis stuff that has value, but that's mostly the exception and not the rule.

[quote name='spmahn'] They also had a large stack of original X-Box games, but nothing caught my eye, and I'm not aware of anything on that console that has any value as a flip. Are there any?[/QUOTE]

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Fatal Frame
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy
Steel Battalion if you got the whole set up
The Halo combo/triple pack game is worth like $50 still, usually.
Sniper Elite
Baldur's Gate 2
Outrun 2006

[quote name='mission42']Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Fatal Frame
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy
Steel Battalion if you got the whole set up
The Halo combo/triple pack game is worth like $50 still, usually.
Sniper Elite
Baldur's Gate 2
Outrun 2006[/QUOTE]

Also:
Star Wars Knights of the Republic 1 & 2 (together = $50 on eBay)
Star Wars Battle Front 1 & 2 (together = $45+ on eBay)

Picked up the following:
Mario kart 64 - 1.99
Donkey kong 64 - 1.99
Diddy kong racing - 1.99
Gameboy Game Genie - .32 cents

photo61.jpg

Found a few things today 03/24/2011:

Guides:
Prince of Persia Collector's Edition
Resident Evil 3 (Versus)
Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 3 Super Mario Bros. 3

GEN-
Sonic 2 (complete)

PS2-
Suikoden Tactics w/ Limited Edition Soundtrack (complete)

DVD-
Knight of Day (Disc Only)

Others-
Star Wars Episode I Racer Nintendo 64 system w/ memory expansion missing controller (I got a couple laying around so now it is complete in box)
Official Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Edition Controller Ryu (complete in box)
Official Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Edition Controller Akuma (complete in box)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60367565@N03/sets/72157626343498734/

You like profit? I do.

Scored 3 "demo units" of Jandy Spa/Pool controllers. Each demo unit consists of 3 separate controllers and a "motherboard". The demo units are glued in, so they are going to be a bitch to separate, but they are full units, not "non-working" dummy units.

Each demo unit cost me 10.00 each. Once separated and resold, I'll make roughly 1000.00 per unit.

[quote name='Cmosfm']You like profit? I do.

Scored 3 "demo units" of Jandy Spa/Pool controllers. Each demo unit consists of 3 separate controllers and a "motherboard". The demo units are glued in, so they are going to be a bitch to separate, but they are full units, not "non-working" dummy units.

Each demo unit cost me 10.00 each. Once separated and resold, I'll make roughly 1000.00 per unit.[/QUOTE]
Well done, sir. :applause:

It was all about controllers today

4 N64 controllers for $16 (blue, yellow, purple, gray)
2 snes contrllers $6
2 sega master system controllers $7

[quote name='wheels']It was all about controllers today

4 N64 controllers for $16 (blue, yellow, purple, gray)
2 snes contrllers $6
2 sega master system controllers $7[/QUOTE]

Same here. At the Goodwill outlet, I picked up 2 regular NES controllers, 2 NES Max controllers, 1 genesis controller and a Menacer gun for the genesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back