Tiger Woods 12: The Masters $45 @ Amazon

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Hopefully she didn't misunderstand you because she should know that we do not receive those promo credits until 1-2 days after the game ships. And if you're in the same boat as me your game didn't ship until an hour ago which means we won't get the pre order credit applied until the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped at 535EST based on when I got the email. And I agree she SHOULD know the credit comes later, but maybe she didn't. It's the only way I can explain her reluctance. I wasn't trying to game the system or anything, it's their own policy that I be charged the lowest price before it ships and the price was flat out lower than what they billed me.

I shall eagerly watch for the $25 credit.

What next, you get a 9 iron and a putter when you buy the game. Then 160 points for each club extra...oh crap, I hope I didn't give them idea's.

Of course if you don't want all the courses you can play the game as is but then I have to question what kind of golf fan you are

Wow, that's some real "Richie Rich"/Silver Spoons bullshit right there. Way to play into the 'quintessential golfer' stereotype.

This is the response I got in the chat.

Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

If you don't receive an e-mail confirmation about the refund within 24 - 48 hours, you can contact us. We'll issue you a refund.

From this, since the game shipped this afternoon after the price drop, there should be a refund. I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']WTF? Cut in half?

The fans have been asking for years for the DLC courses to be part of the career so the team had to bust their collective asses to get the game done PLUS all the extra courses that are normally on sale for months after the game launches.

This was a demonstration of a dev going above and beyond for it's fans, now people who aren't that interested in golf and this series can bypass the DLC courses by doing the Masters challenge. This move wasn't for the casual fan, it was for the golf die hards that watch the sport and play the games. Casuals can still do the Masters Challenge and get to the same point in the game doing it fantasy style.[/QUOTE]

I've played T woods for as long as its been around and play real golf. I would not call myself a casual golf fan. If they wanted to make the DLC part of career mode it should have been optional events, not ones that impact your ranking and make it difficult for you to compete in the masters.

The bolded part of your post is hysterical. The only thing this is a demonstration of is a desire to make money.

Thanks for the heads up, it took 2 failed attempts but the third rep I got in chat gave me the credit.

[quote name='dreo2k']Thanks for the heads up, it took 2 failed attempts but the third rep I got in chat gave me the credit.[/QUOTE]

which proves my point, inconsistent.

First EA game I've purchased in years. Now I remember why after hearing about this DLC b.s.

Was just on Live Chat and able to get my pre-order adjusted to the current $45 price, so that takes away some of the sting. Honestly though, if I heard about all the DLC business sooner, I wouldn't have pre-ordered PGA 12 in the first place.

[quote name='jollydwarf'] Of course if you don't want all the courses you can play the game as is but then I have to question what kind of golf fan you are

Wow, that's some real "Richie Rich"/Silver Spoons bullshit right there. Way to play into the 'quintessential golfer' stereotype.[/QUOTE]
Really?

I didn't know that 50 bucks puts you among the elite when it comes to riches

Hardcore golf fans wanted this for years, they'd buy DLC (at higher prices I might add) and not have it fit into the game at all. Sure they'd be able to play on their favorite courses not on the disc but it was just freeplay.

This move is for golf fans, people who follow the sport have their favorite courses and favorite moments on those courses. For the casual golf fans there's still a way around it.

[quote name='norkusa']First EA game I've purchased in years. Now I remember why after hearing about this DLC b.s.

Was just on Live Chat and able to get my pre-order adjusted to the current $45 price, so that takes away some of the sting. Honestly though, if I heard about all the DLC business sooner, I wouldn't have pre-ordered PGA 12 in the first place.[/QUOTE]
All you had to do was see that every single year there's a ton of DLC courses for Tiger Woods

This is nothing new

[quote name='Jaysonguy']All you had to do was see that every single year there's a ton of DLC courses for Tiger Woods

This is nothing new[/QUOTE]

I don't check the DLC history of games I never buy, so I wouldn't know.

My copy hasn't shipped yet and the CSR I got said the price would be automatically lowered when it does, or I would be credited within 48 hours.

Something tells me I probably should just try another CSR, lol...

I really hate to be that guy, but why exactly are you guys entitled to both the pre-order credit and the lower rate on the day AFTER the release date, when it explicitly states on the page, check-out process, confirmation, email notification, and order status that Amazon has a RELEASE date price guarantee.

Is it simply because you can? So why not?

That's all.
Flame away :hot:

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']I really hate to be that guy, but why exactly are you guys entitled to both the pre-order credit and the lower rate on the day AFTER the release date, when it explicitly states on the page, check-out process, confirmation, email notification, and order status that Amazon has a RELEASE date price guarantee.

That's all.
Flame away :hot:[/QUOTE]

We like the deals...so we try to get our moneys worth...

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']My copy hasn't shipped yet and the CSR I got said the price would be automatically lowered when it does, or I would be credited within 48 hours.

Something tells me I probably should just try another CSR, lol...[/QUOTE]

why? They already said they would grant you the lower price.

Was looking at getting the collector's edition(PS3) eventually for the $10 difference and owning 5 extra courses contained in the the birdie pack that would cost $15 on PSN and Live($3 per DLC course vs. the courses on the collector's edition would only be $2 each then) But with the drop to $45 for the standard edition and the collector's edition stuck at $70 it would now cost $5 per course for those extra 5 courses instead of $2 yesterday when the game was at $60. See my point?

A way to stick it to EA, sort of, and get these DLC courses at a discount is to buy the game for 360 at $45 for the "16" courses on disc, then get some 4000 Microsoft points cards cheaper(I know PSN cards rarely go on sale, a bonus for being a 360 owner) through good ole' CAG instead of paying the MSRP on them, then spending 2800pts for 13 courses and another 1200 for 5 which would get you the 18 DLC courses on LIVE for a bit cheaper that the $50 that a 4000 pt card would cost.

Or just wait and get the collector's edition used down the road and hope that the DLC drops during the week of the Masters on TV(doubt it though).

My copy hasn't even shipped yet, emailed csr and he said he will "make an exception" and give me 15 credit. So I don't think it's automatic

i got my copy and the 25$ credit yesterday, but was still able to get a rep on chat to give me a 15$ refund for the price difference. he originally said no but you can always get it pretty easily if you state an intelligent case.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']I really hate to be that guy, but why exactly are you guys entitled to both the pre-order credit and the lower rate on the day AFTER the release date, when it explicitly states on the page, check-out process, confirmation, email notification, and order status that Amazon has a RELEASE date price guarantee.

That's all.
I agree with this for the most part. If you feel you are entitled to this and it's their policy, you need to reread the policy. You are not entitled to both the credit and the price drop under their preorder (or post order) price guarantee in this case, plain and simple. There really is no arguing this. If you do argue it, just realize you are wrong in advance.

Now if you just want to try for the discount anyway, great. I hope you get your discount.

That's all.

Do you realize what website you're at right now?

We are CAGs for a reason lol. I realize it isn't exactly their policy, but when there is some wiggle room and a small case to argue, it never hurts to try to get the best deal possible. I'm not saying I'm entitled to both discounts, I realize they are doing me a favor. It's not like I went to CS and ranted and raved about how I deserve both the promo and the discount. You just simply ask polite questions and sort of direct them toward your goal of getting both. If I didn't get the price drop I would've just shrugged and moved on because, as you said, that's their policy.

The questions I would ask you is: if you had the opportunity to get a pre order credit deal along with a price drop, why not go for it?

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Do you realize what website you're at right now?

We are CAGs for a reason lol. I realize it isn't exactly their policy, but when there is some wiggle room and a small case to argue, it never hurts to try to get the best deal possible. I'm not saying I'm entitled to both discounts, I realize they are doing me a favor. It's not like I went to CS and ranted and raved about how I deserve both the promo and the discount. You just simply ask polite questions and sort of direct them toward your goal of getting both. If I didn't get the price drop I would've just shrugged and moved on because, as you said, that's their policy.

The questions I would ask you is: if you had the opportunity to get a pre order credit deal along with a price drop, why not go for it?[/QUOTE]

Answering your question first: Why not? How about integrity? You know going into the conversation that you are asking for something that is against the stated policy. Moreover, there are people posting on here that they are talking to multiple reps fishing for the response they want.

It's akin to going into Burger King and and requesting a free burger with the argument "your policy says I can have it 'MY WAY'. Well I dont want to pay for it." You'd know that was wrong while you were saying it.

(BTW: I actually did once say that in college and it did land me a free Bacon Cheeseburger. It was effective, if not 'right'. ;))

[quote name='ShockandAww']I agree with this for the most part. If you feel you are entitled to this and it's their policy, you need to reread the policy. You are not entitled to both the credit and the price drop under their preorder (or post order) price guarantee in this case, plain and simple. There really is no arguing this. If you do argue it, just realize you are wrong in advance.

Now if you just want to try for the discount anyway, great. I hope you get your discount.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, spot on. I know, im wrong. But someone isn't doing their job right in explaining it to other customers. My argument has been on fairness. your giving it away to other people why you refusing to give it to me? Is it because I'm black?

[quote name='hostyl1']Answering your question first: Why not? How about integrity? You know going into the conversation that you are asking for something that is against the stated policy. Moreover, there are people posting on here that they are talking to multiple reps fishing for the response they want.

It's akin to going into Burger King and and requesting a free burger with the argument "your policy says I can have it 'MY WAY'. Well I dont want to pay for it." You'd know that was wrong while you were saying it.

(BTW: I actually did once say that in college and it did land me a free Bacon Cheeseburger. It was effective, if not 'right'. ;))[/QUOTE]

To the people criticizing those asking for a refund, please remember Amazon's policies:
[quote name='Amazon']
Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

If you don't receive an e-mail confirmation about the refund within 24 - 48 hours, you can contact us. We'll issue you a refund. [/Quote]

The Pre-order guarantee applies on all pre-orders in addition to the $25 GC option. If the price drops before the end of the day the game ships (release day and shipping day are supposed to be one and the same) they will give you the lower price since your card is not charged till it ships (all websites do this to protect themselves from accidental price mistakes).

Thus a refund is not actually given, but the lowest price is charged. Amazon knows this policy was in place and also knew that the game had not shipped when they lowered the price to $45 this morning. Odds are the system would have done an automatic refund of the price difference (i've had this happen before), but like many others I wanted to be sure it went through and requested it today instead of having to explain the whole situation 3 days later when it appears more like the customer trying to pull a quick one. It was clear today the price dropped before I shipped and that I should be billed the lower price per their policies. The addition of the Gift Card bonus just makes it a very good deal - NOT a scam.

Amazon knew all the policies/offers in place before they lowered the price and was well aware of the status of pre-orders having shipped out or not and still went ahead and dropped the price $15. The price adjustment is not a scam, but an expected adjustment.

It ends up being a VERY good deal, which is likely why people feel it's ripping Amazon off, but in reality it is a fortunate intersection that I suspect is due to Amazon trying to be competitive with different stores at the same time.

[quote name='prateeko']To the people criticizing those asking for a refund, please familiarize yourself with Amazon's policies.

The Pre-order guarantee applies on all pre-orders in addition to the $25 GC option. If the price drops before the end of the day the game ships (release day and shipping day are supposed to be one and the same) they will give you the lower price since your card is not charged till it ships (all websites do this to protect themselves from accidental price mistakes).

Thus a refund is not actually given, but the lowest price is charged. Amazon knows this policy was in place and also knew that the game had not shipped when they lowered the price to $45 this morning. Odds are the system would have done an automatic refund of the price difference (i've had this happen before), but like many others I wanted to be sure it went through and requested it today instead of having to explain the whole situation 3 days later when it appears more like the customer trying to pull a quick one. It was clear today the price dropped before I shipped and that I should be billed the lower price per their policies. The addition of the Gift Card bonus just makes it a very good deal - NOT a scam.

Amazon knew all the policies/offers in place before they lowered the price and was well aware of the status of pre-orders having shipped out or not and still went ahead and dropped the price $15. The price adjustment is not a scam, but an expected adjustment.

It ends up being a VERY good deal, which is likely why people feel it's ripping Amazon off, but in reality it is a fortunate intersection that I suspect is due to Amazon trying to be competitive with different stores at the same time.[/QUOTE]
I realize I'm going on and on so i'll delete all this crap later but dude what in the merry mother fuck are you people reading? Here is the pertinent part of what I see when I read the preorder price guarantee:

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date.

That's all.

$25 credit didn't only apply to preorers though. Some people ordered it on release day and the $25 credit was still there. Just thought I'd mention that.

[quote name='finstersucks'] My argument has been on fairness. your giving it away to other people why you refusing to give it to me? Is it because I'm black?[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows black people dont play video games.

[quote name='hostyl1']Everyone knows black people dont play video games.[/QUOTE]

Lol, they do if they want to get a partial refund. Pulling the race card on an Indian Call Center employee, because I can.

This Jaysonguy CLEARLY works for EA. What a joke. The Wii version has ALL of the courses on the disc, because there is no DLC option.

They didn't do all those DLC and make them ready on RELEASE DAY as an added bonus to fans. DLC started after the game is complete is one thing, but to make a normal amount of content and then withold it for micropurchasing is the very definition of evil and deceptive corporate bullshit tactics

I used to hate on EA, until I realized they are just a company like any other. But to me, this is worse than overpriced map packs. One or 2 courses as DLC on day one, maybe. But to literally make the game almost unplayable unless you shell out almost the price of another video game to get the content that should be on the disc?

fuckING DISGRACEFUL BUSINESS TACTICS. I AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER TIGER WOODS GAME IF THEY KEEP THIS SHIT UP. ILL KEEP TW2011 UNTIL THEY GIVE ME A REASON NOT TO

[quote name='hostyl1']Answering your question first: Why not? How about integrity? You know going into the conversation that you are asking for something that is against the stated policy. Moreover, there are people posting on here that they are talking to multiple reps fishing for the response they want.

(BTW: I actually did once say that in college and it did land me a free Bacon Cheeseburger. It was effective, if not 'right'. ;))[/QUOTE]

Well you can keep your integrity and I'll keep my extra $15.

It doesn't sound like you are understanding my point. If I wasn't given both deals, I would have been fine with it because I understand that technically, that is how their policy works. But, I'm going to at least try (which I did, and succeeded). I don't know why this is turning into an issue lol, this is what CAG is all about. The same applies with stacking coupon code glitches, etc. We are all guilty of it. If you are having ethical issues then I don't think CAG is the right place for you. Not saying that we are all thieves or anything, but all of us try to cut corners to find the best deals. Idk maybe I'm taking what you said the wrong way but I feel like I'm getting judged for taking advantage of the system but that happens all the time on this site.

There is somewhat of a practical reason not to request too many adjustments from Amazon. It is very unlikely, but in the past Amazon has allegedly banned people for having too many "concession incidents" which apparently includes price adjustments along with returns. I don't know if they actively ban people now, but I remember it being a fairly big story a few years ago.

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=908910

[quote name='mcdaking84']the wii has the best version and only $37. great buy[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zeddic']can you elaborate as to why it is the best version? I have all 3 consoles as well ...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mcdaking84']"On Xbox 360 and PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features 16 courses on the disc, and 20 available as DLC. The game finally incorporates DLC courses into the career mode, though in an awkward way. As you play the career, you'll try to enter a tournament attached to a DLC course. The game will stop you and inform you to go purchase the course from the store, or skip the event. Having a good chunk of my career mode blocked off sucks, and comes off as crass. By comparison, the Wii version of the game, which features no DLC, comes with 25 courses. If course amount is a deciding factor in your purchase, the cheaper Wii version has nine more courses than its HD counterparts."[/QUOTE]
Plus doesn't the Wii version have mini-golf?

As far as this EA DLC nonsense goes, what a joke. What a bunch of fucking assholes.

[quote name='caltab']There is somewhat of a practical reason not to request too many adjustments from Amazon. It is very unlikely, but in the past Amazon has allegedly banned people for having too many "concession incidents" which apparently includes price adjustments along with returns. I don't know if they actively ban people now, but I remember it being a fairly big story a few years ago.

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=908910[/QUOTE]
This is true. Almost happened to me last year for too many concessions. I feel very lucky to have just gotten off with a warning. And I had probably 15 in a year for anyone wondering.

Everything worked out great for me. I got the $25 credit for pre-order bonus. Then Amazon.com sent me an email saying that they would award a $5 credit to my account because the DLC putter would not ship, but promised me both $5 credit plus shipment of the code with in the next week. And then I set up a customer service chat and I will be refunded the $15 price difference. Here is how my chat went down.

You are now connected to Anand from Amazon.com.
Me:price Change The Same Day Item Shiped
Anand:Hello, my name is Anand. I'll be happy to help you today.
Can I get the order number?
Me:Hello my name is Kyle, I recently purchased Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, for the Playstation 3
order number is xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx
Anand:Thanks.
Let me check the details.
Me:When I placed my order I payed $59.99. And now the item is on sale the day it was shipped to me for $44.99.
thank you
Anand:Kyle are you concern about ( Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters )?
Me:yea
Anand:Thanks for the confirmation, as the order is in departure scan Once the order get delivered we'll issue the refund of $14.96 on the card. In the mean time I'll follow up the order. Will that be fine?
Me:That would be great. Thank you for your corporation.
Anand:You are welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:That is all, thank you for your excellent customer service.

Welp, i got the free $5 promo credit from not getting the putter DLC, and today i got the $15 credit to the order - but I went to use the $5 promo credit code, and it says it cant be applied. Not a big deal since I got the $25 preorder promo + the $15 back in cash.

Despite his downward slide into crap golfing, I can easily see why EA kept the Tiger Woods name. This game is every bit as sleazy as he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't understand why an earlier posted tried mentioning integrity in regards to those lobbying for both discounts. You do realize the site you are on correct? You made it sound like we repackaged TW11 and shipped that back in a TW12 case or something. We saw a potential deal and went for it. Isn't that the basic theme for this website?!

why cant they introduce a "RockBand" style option for the courses we a) own on another disk or b) downloaded as DLC. maybe a 10 dollar export fee? I could see charging an upgrade fee ala pro guitars and drums also, but the price they are charging for each year is a fucking joke

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Well you can keep your integrity and I'll keep my extra $15.

It doesn't sound like you are understanding my point. If I wasn't given both deals, I would have been fine with it because I understand that technically, that is how their policy works. But, I'm going to at least try (which I did, and succeeded). I don't know why this is turning into an issue lol, this is what CAG is all about. The same applies with stacking coupon code glitches, etc. We are all guilty of it. If you are having ethical issues then I don't think CAG is the right place for you. Not saying that we are all thieves or anything, but all of us try to cut corners to find the best deals. Idk maybe I'm taking what you said the wrong way but I feel like I'm getting judged for taking advantage of the system but that happens all the time on this site.[/QUOTE]

Truth be told, I dont care either way. YOU asked a question

if you had the opportunity to get a pre order credit deal along with a price drop, why not go for it?

And I gave an answer for it. For some, it's not worth $5-$10 to ask for something they know they are not entitled to under the guise of a price policy that they are clearly "mis-reading" at best.

You are correct in saying that there is no difference between this and the several *clear* glitches that pop up from time to time. And I'm sure there are those that dont want to take advantage of those for moral reasons as well. In fact, there was a whole dust-up over the TellTale games glitch when you could get just about everything free. There were CAGs who didnt take advantage because they didnt want to hurt the developer.

There is a certain level of dishonesty in one requesting a discount they know they're not entitled to under a policy that one is clearly mis-interpreting.

BTW: My personal ethics are not of any real relevance to the convo. Whether I'm okay with it or not, there is a certain level of wrong associated with 'stretching' a policy to use it in a clearly unintended way as is taking advantage of clear glitches (is even funnier when ppl get mad that the clear glitches arent honored).

And while you, AirMcLauren, would just ask once and move on, at least one other posted here that they asked, were denied, and simply asked other CSRs until they got the answer they wanted. If a person is okay with this, that's their choice. But I dont think it can be argued that it is not at least a little dishonest.

Your Ethics May Vary.

I'll stick with 11 on the Move for now (which I bought used, HA). EA is getting ridiculous with their DLC...online pass was the last straw for me, and $50 for courses is just stupid.

I just chatted with a CSR @ Amazon and got a refund for the difference in price.
I pre-ordered it, but they didn't ship it until yesterday (when the price dropped), so by their policy they should give a refund because the price dropped before it shipped.

so glad I didn't buy this game. I love golf, but I also love complete games.

swing & a miss EA

My dad wanted this for his bday a few weeks ago, but didn't want it at full price. Finally picked it up this morning at the discounted price and he's happy about it lol. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Fans wanted to be penalized for not buying the DLC? Really? Wow.......

Someone at Gamespot stated that if you play through all the courses and get first place in them you will be ranked 101. Think about that, and how intentional it was by EA. You need to be in the top 100 to make the cut for the masters. Plus if you happen to skip any DLC tournament that's incorporated in career mode, you go down even further.. Yeah that's just what fans have been wanting!

Read:
http://www.videogametalk.com/reviews/1213/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-the-masters/[/QUOTE]

Wow, fucking bullshit. I had been getting tempted to get this with all the good deals bouncing around on it but to deliberately do such an underhanded trick to make you buy the DLC is garbage.

This is way worse than project $10/online pass. At least in those situations new purchasers of games are getting their single player experience.

In this situation, they're essentially locking out single player content by this. Not only that but what about people who don't have their consoles on the internet?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, fucking bullshit. I had been getting tempted to get this with all the good deals bouncing around on it but to deliberately do such an underhanded trick to make you buy the DLC is garbage.

This is way worse than project $10/online pass. At least in those situations new purchasers of games are getting their single player experience.

In this situation, they're essentially locking out single player content by this. Not only that but what about people who don't have their consoles on the internet?[/QUOTE]
If you bothered to read what I said the people who refuse to buy any DLC but still want to play fantasy world golf can get to the Masters as long as they complete all the Masters Challenges.

So yeah, there's that

[quote name='Jaysonguy']If you bothered to read what I said the people who refuse to buy any DLC but still want to play fantasy world golf can get to the Masters as long as they complete all the Masters Challenges.

So yeah, there's that[/QUOTE]

You're quite the EA apologist. You also come off as a condescending douchebag and a total jackass in case you weren't aware :bouncy:

[quote name='Jaysonguy']If you bothered to read what I said the people who refuse to buy any DLC but still want to play fantasy world golf can get to the Masters as long as they complete all the Masters Challenges.

So yeah, there's that[/QUOTE]

I like how you term it as if its the consumer refusing to do something, rather then the developer refusing to provide value for msrp. You cannot fully complete a PGA season without buying DLC. To me, that's absurd and I will not demonstrate approval of this practice by buying the game new.

bread's done
Back