Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon 3 (PS3) Back to $50 Shipped @ Amazon.com

Still to much if you ask me. Unless Namco really supports the gun; I have my Guncom from PS1 and PS2, and didn't get much use from them. Not gonna fall for it again...

[quote name='RobertEffenHorry']Now by $20.00 off the regular price....does that mean the game will be $49.99 since it is now priced at $69.99??[/quote]

Same question here.

[quote name='RobertEffenHorry']Now by $20.00 off the regular price....does that mean the game will be $49.99 since it is now priced at $69.99??[/quote]

It's been $20 off for a while now. I'd imagine $49.99 since this is a lightning deal (once every Friday), if it were $69.99 it wouldn't really be a deal.

The only problem I have with this game is if you want to play multiplayer with this game, you have to buy a second bundle since they don't sell the gun by itself.

Apparently, according to the site: "Amazon Lightning Deals appear on the hour throughout the day. This tool shows you the upcoming deals based on the JavaScript that Amazon.com exposes via the Web."

I can definitely tell you that Time Crisis 4 will be the lightning deal - look at the goldbox - under Video Game Deal, it says:
"Upcoming Video Games Deal
Gift giving Crisis? It's almost Time 4 a great video game deal."

Everything is right there. I do not think the $20 off is off the regular price - that is just a coincidence. I think it is $20 off $69.99 (i.e. Time Crisis 4 will be $49.99). If you look at the other items on that page, the savings do not correlate. For example, the Pantone huey calibration thing is $30.36 off right now. It does not make sense that they would lower the savings to $24.64 as reported on the site above. It will probably be an additional $24.64, which will bring the savings to $60 - that makes a lot more sense. It is kinda strange to have $30.36 off of an item.

avoid this game, if you're an old school TC fan like me, this game is a huge disappointment.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I still haven't checked to see whether these guns would even work on my TV...[/QUOTE]

I think it works with any TV. It comes with a Wii "sensor bar" (ie infrared light emitter) style thingy.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I still haven't checked to see whether these guns would even work on my TV...[/quote]
it comes with a sensor bar like the wii. so it will work on projection/lcd/plasma tvs

[quote name='Wario64']is this spam? why is it linking to a differnet site?[/quote]

Good question...I will edit the OP.

I am a big gun game fan, and bought TC4 for $80. I love the game, and the accuracy of the GC3 is terrific. Being able to play it on my 57" HDTV is the icing on the cake for me. Like others have said, I only hope that Namco and other developers (Capcom, Sega, etc) support the gun. I would love to see a Time Crisis anthology for the PS3, and maybe a House of the Dead/Virtua Cop anthology from Sega (including the latest games in those series), as well as Ghost Squad and some other shooters. Maybe a new Point Blank as well. Or at least make the classic gun games available as downloads from the Playstation Store, and make sure they are compatible with the GC3.

Even if they don't release another gun game for the GC3/PS3, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth, but I definitely understand that, for most people, the price is too high. If I knew I could sell the game only for about $30, I'd pay $50 for a second copy just to get another GC3 for 2-player.

[quote name='cleaver']To those who have played it - is it worth it if you like gun games? Better/worse than Umbrella Chronicles?[/QUOTE]

Is Umbrella Chronicles actually like a gun game since it has to use the Wii's controller? And for that matter, is this any better, given that it's using similar technology?

Umbrella Chronicles actually sounds like fun, but $50 is outrageous for it IMO.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is that sensor someone mentioned tethered to the console by USB for power or is it wireless?[/quote]

It uses 2 USB ports.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is Umbrella Chronicles actually like a gun game since it has to use the Wii's controller? And for that matter, is this any better, given that it's using similar technology?

Umbrella Chronicles actually sounds like fun, but $50 is outrageous for it IMO.[/quote]

Umbrella Chronicles is a game that I believe should be played with the Wii Zapper after having my friends forcing me to borrow it and having played it myself with one.

I may consider getting the Time Crisis 4 if it's $50, but I doubt I'd touch it until I bought a second Guncon for it...

EDIT: Bah, typo.

[quote name='Oxygen']It uses 2 USB ports.[/quote]

Wrong, the sensors only use one usb slot. The other usb slot is used for the gun.

TC4 is fantastic if your a fan of the series. If it's $49.99, I'm purchasing a second copy of TC4 for the GC3. Two GC3's two player = funnn.

[quote name='leehom']Wrong, the sensors only use one usb slot. The other usb slot is used for the gun.[/quote]

Oops, good call. I was thinking of the game in general. My bad.

[quote name='leehom']TC4 is fantastic if your a fan of the series.[/quote]
Can anyone elaborate on how the FPS portion of the game is? The guys on the Hotspot were saying it was just OK but I'd rather hear some other impressions.

[quote name='leehom']Wrong, the sensors only use one usb slot. The other usb slot is used for the gun.

TC4 is fantastic if your a fan of the series. If it's $49.99, I'm purchasing a second copy of TC4 for the GC3. Two GC3's two player = funnn.[/quote]Oh, it's tethered. Pass.

Pretty good deal, it ends up being cheaper than a regular PS3 game, and you get a guncon with it. I'm not even a fan of the series, but i'll bite for $50.

Any amazon coupons or promotional codes going on as well?

awesome, i'll be checking back at 2 for this deal. i'm a big time crisis fan. i loved every one of 'em, but i've only had the very first one for the ps console at home. all the others i had to pump quarters into at the arcade.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I am a big gun game fan, and bought TC4 for $80. I love the game, and the accuracy of the GC3 is terrific. Being able to play it on my 57" HDTV is the icing on the cake for me. Like others have said, I only hope that Namco and other developers (Capcom, Sega, etc) support the gun. I would love to see a Time Crisis anthology for the PS3, and maybe a House of the Dead/Virtua Cop anthology from Sega (including the latest games in those series), as well as Ghost Squad and some other shooters. Maybe a new Point Blank as well. Or at least make the classic gun games available as downloads from the Playstation Store, and make sure they are compatible with the GC3.

Even if they don't release another gun game for the GC3/PS3, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth, but I definitely understand that, for most people, the price is too high. If I knew I could sell the game only for about $30, I'd pay $50 for a second copy just to get another GC3 for 2-player.[/QUOTE]

That is good to hear. The manual says 50" sets or smaller. I was playing on a 50" TV, but have a larger set I would prefer to play on. I will have to try it.

[quote name='portcityplaya']The only problem I have with this game is if you want to play multiplayer with this game, you have to buy a second bundle since they don't sell the gun by itself.[/QUOTE]

For fuck's sake. They ship on December 20th. Check Play Asia. I love blog media. Someone posts information then 10 other blogs repost it without doing any research.

i've been looking at reviews and i don't think i'm that interested anymore. there's so many other games i'll be playing now that my 3rd 360 is back from repairs :) i've missed out on the entire month of november!! i suggest you check the reviews for this game before you buy. it changed my mind and i'm a big time crisis fan :)

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']i've been looking at reviews and i don't think i'm that interested anymore. there's so many other games i'll be playing now that my 3rd 360 is back from repairs :) i've missed out on the entire month of november!! i suggest you check the reviews for this game before you buy. it changed my mind and i'm a big time crisis fan :)[/quote]

if you're a big time crisis fan, the reviews shouldn't matter...just don't play the FPS portion of the game :cry:

[quote name='bobthecat23']does it have online ?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it does not.

It would be pretty hot if Time Crisis 5 had online co-op and some sort of duel mode, Clint Eastwood style.

Hell, it'd be awesome if internet enabled arcades could hook up to the PSN...think of the Tekken and Street Fighter competition.

[quote name='WebScud']I'm pretty sure it does not.

It would be pretty hot if Time Crisis 5 had online co-op and some sort of duel mode, Clint Eastwood style.

Hell, it'd be awesome if internet enabled arcades could hook up to the PSN...think of the Tekken and Street Fighter competition.[/quote]

That would be innssaaannneee

bread's done
Back