Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon 3 (PS3) Back to $50 Shipped @ Amazon.com

[quote name='MorPhiend']Either call and get it price adjusted or re-buy and refuse the original shipment when it arrives.

Anyone know if older games are compatible with the GC3? I assume this wouldn't be compatible with older GC's though...[/quote]Backwards compatibility is a big fat NO.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Alright, you guys convinced me...I'll get one...its going to be weird to own a PS3 game without a PS3 though :whistle2:s[/quote]Do you know how many years I have had PS/PS2 games sitting around until I bought a PS3 in August? I would buy the good deals on the awesome games over the years, always planning to buy a PS/PS2 when the hardware stopped breaking. It never did until it was too close to the time I knew I would be getting a PS3 eventually.

Now I can finally play Lunar:SSSC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Backwards compatibility is a big fat NO.[/quote]For GC3 and the older games? Wow, that is a big fat LAME.

Oh well. Great deal here. :)

[quote name='rodeojones903']I thinking about buying another just for the second gun, and then trading the game in.[/QUOTE]
Might not be a bad idea since it's at $50...how much do you think GC3's will cost separately when they come out?

[quote name='whoknows']Might not be a bad idea since it's at $50...how much do you think GC3's will cost separately when they come out?[/quote]

Namco came out and said to get two player you will need to buy two sets. No extra GC3s anytime soon.

I bought one because I remember that it took years for the price of Time Crisis 2 & 3 to drop. The price on Guncom games only had a major drop in price when the PS3 can out. I have a feeling that people waiting for a cheaper price will be waiting until the PS4 comes out.

I'm really torn whether to get this. Ugh. I don't need to spend another dime on games, but it looks like a decent deal. I'm going to sit here and contemplate. Hopefully, the deal will pass, and my decision will be made for me.

[quote name='opportunity777']I'm really torn whether to get this. Ugh. I don't need to spend another dime on games, but it looks like a decent deal. I'm going to sit here and contemplate. Hopefully, the deal will pass, and my decision will be made for me.[/QUOTE]
Buy it.

Almost clicked the "submit order" button, but resisted. Let's hope I can resist until it's gone. I've spent an awful lot of money lately...

[quote name='rodeojones903']I thinking about buying another just for the second gun, and then trading the game in.[/quote]

I did just that. I think TC4 is reselling for 20-25 bucks at gamestop so the gun itself ends up being around 20-25 bucks which means...a 20-25 dollar GC3.

not bad since if the GC3 was sold separately, it probably might go for around 30 bucks.

thanks for the heads up OP, I definitely wouldn't have seen this deal

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wonder why these games never show up on XBOX/XBOX360[/QUOTE]
Kinda weird. You'd think Namco would want to make as much money as possible by having it on as many consoles as possible. Maybe Sony paid for it to be exclusive?

ordered one that i will return to Overstock that i brought for $83.00 using the Paypal promo...$50 is too cheap and the game is decent...my only ps3 game at the moment

[quote name='whoknows']Buy it.[/QUOTE]

You're an enabler to my addictions! :lol:

How do you add this to your cart? It says "claimed" next to it? Does that mean I can't get it? If I can't get it, then it might be better for my wallet.

[quote name='whoknows']Buy it.[/QUOTE]

You're an enabler to my addictions! :lol:

How do you add this to your cart? It says "Claimed" next to it? Does that mean I can't get it? If I can't get it, then it might be better for my wallet.

[quote name='opportunity777']You're an enabler to my addictions! :lol:

How do you add this to your cart? It says "Claimed" next to it? Does that mean I can't get it? If I can't get it, then it might be better for my wallet.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

I just did it through the goldbox page, I think that's how you have to do it.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Either call and get it price adjusted or re-buy and refuse the original shipment when it arrives.

Anyone know if older games are compatible with the GC3? I assume this wouldn't be compatible with older GC's though...[/quote]
Already emailed them, but I have a feeling that they're going to give me a hard time. :(

Just tried calling them as well, but they claimed to not be able to hear me.

Called a second time and got someone in the US or at least that didn't have an accent and got it changed. :)

i went ahead and jumped in on this deal. i was going to buy it at BB, with the sale going on now, plus the $10 coupon, that only puts it at $69, this is a whole $20 more..

now, what i have to resist is buying two. rather, one more. because at a this price, its almost like getting two for one, so now i can have a two player game going. yay.. but.. no.. must resist.

[quote name='Bootes']Already emailed them, but I have a feeling that they're going to give me a hard time. :([/QUOTE]

By the time you get a response the deal will be over with. Have them call you.

[quote name='whoknows']:lol:

I just did it through the goldbox page, I think that's how you have to do it.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me, thanks!

Unfortunately, you pushed me to use more CAG crank. I'm putting myself in the poor house with these games :lol:

hard to pass on $49, plus I happened to have a $10 promo certificate from somewhere. OH well ended up being $39. Hope it doesnt suck bad.

[quote name='opportunity777']It worked for me, thanks!

Unfortunately, you pushed me to use more CAG crank. I'm putting myself in the poor house with these games :lol:[/QUOTE]
At least you'll have the guncon to defend yourself with when you're living on the streets :lol:

[quote name='Zoglog']hard to pass on $49, plus I happened to have a $10 promo certificate from somewhere. OH well ended up being $39. Hope it doesnt suck bad.[/quote]

definitely a sweet deal if you're even remotely a fan of TC games. I paid full price when it came out, no regrets but $39 bucks wow

[quote name='whoknows']At least you'll have the guncon to defend yourself with when you're living on the streets :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I can imagine pulling out the orange beast. He better paint it black so people take him seriously. *cough*

[quote name='soliddragon']sigh. last game purchase for the YEAR![/quote]

Yeah, with 21 more days left.. I would like to believe that for me... but who knows.... hopefully no other deal comes along.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I ordered mined for $50 shipped! If I don't like this game
*removed by mod - no fraud talk*[/quote]

haha, good point. Though I need a second guncon 3:cry: Does anybody know how much credit you get for TC4 gat Gamestop? I need two guns but not two copies of the game. I'll prob just trade the game in if the credit is decent.

[quote name='shrike4242']Backwards compatibility is a big fat NO.[/quote]

Which is absolutely ridiculous. This lack of backwards compatibility is the one thing keeping me from buying this. I need an HD compatible gun for Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, and those are pretty hard to find for a reasonable price. Does anyone know why it's not backward compatible? It would seem like a very logical thing to implement.

Man I bit, Amazon needs to quit doing this to me, those 10 days of deals that start tomorrow better suck lol, my wallet can't take it anymore

[quote name='whoknows']Kinda weird. You'd think Namco would want to make as much money as possible by having it on as many consoles as possible. Maybe Sony paid for it to be exclusive?[/quote]Most likely how they did it, paying off for exclusivity.

The lack of BC for the older games is a real issue for me, and it's what's stopping me from getting it. Most of the reviews besides the IGN review have been lukewarm at best, and even at $50, it's a hard sell.

[quote name='shrike4242']Most likely how they did it, paying off for exclusivity.

The lack of BC for the older games is a real issue for me, and it's what's stopping me from getting it. Most of the reviews besides the IGN review have been lukewarm at best, and even at $50, it's a hard sell.[/QUOTE]
BC made me not want it (at $90, and even $70) but $50 is less than a new next gen game so I think it's worth it for that much even if it isn't BC (which yes, is ridiculous).

This is so tempting, but it's hard to justify spending $50 when I already have Time Crisis 2, Point Blank 2 and 3 and Silent Scope Complete all of which I don't play that much except Silent Scope. Great price though

In for 1...Had just decided to go with the Wii Zapper and Ghost squad instead of TC4 2 weeks ago...Oh well...More light gun game goodness I guess...

[quote name='prmononoke']Which is absolutely ridiculous. This lack of backwards compatibility is the one thing keeping me from buying this. I need an HD compatible gun for Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, and those are pretty hard to find for a reasonable price. Does anyone know why it's not backward compatible? It would seem like a very logical thing to implement.[/QUOTE]

Probably, Namco figures most people will buy a GC3 for PS3 games only. It wasn't worth their time, money or effort to make it BC for the seldom few who want it. Unfortunately, the seldom few are their core customer base for this type of game, so I think it was a stupid move on their part.

Caved in and bought it as well. Figure if I don't like it, I can sell it and it would essentially cost a rental.

I hope it gets more support. I'd love a RE Umbrella Chroinicles port. If I had a wii I'd be all over that.

I tried for the past hour to convince myself not to buy it but I ended up doing it anyway. I figure I can get $60-$65 dollars for it on ebay anyway and I have not purchased a lightgun shooter since HOTD 2 for the Dreamcast. I really miss good old lightgun shooters.

bread's done
Back