Titan Quest Thread

Maybe if this game is successful enough, it will piss Blizzard off enough for them to hurry up with Diablo 3 to prove they are still the best at those types of games. Just got done playing hte demo, and like everyone else said, it's no Diablo. It's darn close though.
I think the mods are what will keep this game alive and doing well past it's expiration date. I look foward to playing the whole game in a few days.
I agree it would be cool to get all the CAGers together and play co-op.
Maybe we could work out some classes before hand in order to create a well balanced group.

I miss the D2 mod servers. :cry: The communities where heaven. People didn't care about loot or hoarding or any of that crap. Everyone would just get along and wouldn't scam or grief or just be stupid in general.

RIP ES & ZyEl :cry:

[quote name='Roufuss']Game is coming TOMMORROW.

I'm excited![/quote]

Thats great an all... but when are you coming out? :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']Thats great an all... but when are you coming out? :lol:[/quote]Actually... Roufuss said the game was COMING on a certain day... so shouldn't you be asking him when he'll be coming? Not coming out? Either way.. gross :)

So far this game is great. Now at Sparta, some things have been cleared up and/or tweaked.

1) It seems to me that the enemies don't drop as much shit as the demo, but it might be just personal experience.
2) Framerates haven't made dips like in the demo, like in the cave

I'm enjoying this game. The new unlocked abilities not available in the demo are sweet. Storm for the win!

[quote name='Moxio']So far this game is great. Now at Sparta, some things have been cleared up and/or tweaked.

1) It seems to me that the enemies don't drop as much shit as the demo, but it might be just personal experience.
2) Framerates haven't made dips like in the demo, like in the cave

I'm enjoying this game. The new unlocked abilities not available in the demo are sweet. Storm for the win![/QUOTE]

Um, where did you find a copy? No Gamestop / EB or Best Buy in a 30 mile radius from me have this game, they all say tommorrow.

[quote name='Moxio']What do you mean?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/titanquest/index.html?q=titan quest

Release date is today. I got it at a store.[/QUOTE]

Ok...? Gamestop has it as shipping today and being in stores tommorrow (and this is what they said in store as well) and Best Buy's website says the release is tommorrow. Let's stop with the little show and name a retail store you got it at or if you just decided to pirate it... it makes no difference to me, but if an actual store got it in today I'd like to get it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ok...? Gamestop has it as shipping today and being in stores tommorrow (and this is what they said in store as well) and Best Buy's website says the release is tommorrow. Let's stop with the little show and name a retail store you got it at or if you just decided to pirate it... it makes no difference to me, but if an actual store got it in today I'd like to get it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Damn you guys are good, you caught me. ;)

If you want the story PM me. I can't post it.

EDIT: hmm seems Chumbo.com has it in stock + ready to ship.

Well, I've never gotten any other artbook to compare it to, but it seems surprisingly small. Theres 40 pages of art, all nicely done. Its got a few of the main character but its mostly the monsters. Theres certainly some groovy stuff, and if you're going to buy the game anyway, may as well get some free art. If its not against some law or something I can scan a few pieces from it. Oh and theres a cat girl at the end ;)

Just an FYI. I picked up the demo disk at BB about a week ago and there is a $10 off coupon attached to it valid on the actual game. Can't remember when the coupon expires, sometime in July I think. I'm hoping the game drops for a sale between now and the expiration. And no, I don't have a scanner.

[quote name='clariste']Just an FYI. I picked up the demo disk at BB about a week ago and there is a $10 off coupon attached to it valid on the actual game. Can't remember when the coupon expires, sometime in July I think. I'm hoping the game drops for a sale between now and the expiration. And no, I don't have a scanner.[/QUOTE]

Was said demo disc free? I assume it was in the PC section or whatever... and it just had a $10 coupon? Because it that's true I'm heading there right now.

[quote name='Chacrana']Was said demo disc free? I assume it was in the PC section or whatever... and it just had a $10 coupon? Because it that's true I'm heading there right now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, same here, I was heading there anyways because my BB already has them in, and the wall scroll looks pretty nice (and I'll just get the artbook for free from EB / GS anyways in a few days).

I can't even find a mention of this $10 coupon anywhere on the net.

[quote name='Kayden']this would be sweet as a new BB just opened down the block. Can you use it with the GGC?[/QUOTE]

Very YMMV, the register will lock up if you try and use more then one coupon... the second coupon won't scan, they'll call a manager, it'll be a big hassle. Sometimes the manager will just override the second coupon and get it to work, though.

Ok, my girlfriend is off to BB right now looking for this coupon... I told her to look in the PC games and to ask an employee about any free demo's, because while it would be nice saving $10 I'm gonna get this game regardless.

That's another reason I get it at Best Buy, because I know SOMEONE will put it on sale in the coming month, so I'll just price adjust it down... you can't do that at EB / GS.

[quote name='Chacrana']Was said demo disc free? I assume it was in the PC section or whatever... and it just had a $10 coupon? Because it that's true I'm heading there right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the demo disc was free, and sitting in the PC section. They even had a sign up that said FREE Titan Quest Demo on the shelf. It just comes in a cardboard sleeve that looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4468-0524042?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=468642

...and it's wrapped in plastic. The coupon is actually a sticker stuck to the plastic. Don't have it with me so I can't describe it any more than that.

[quote name='Kayden']this would be sweet as a new BB just opened down the block. Can you use it with the GGC?[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful, as you'd be combining two coupons.

If you guys (Chacrana, Kayden) can be patient for a little while, my girlfriend found a whole stack of them and she's going to use one, and grab another one so I can make a scan.

If you don't want to wait, she said she found them in the PC section on the bottom shelf and they had lots of them.

[quote name='Roufuss']If you guys (Chacrana, Kayden) can be patient for a little while, my girlfriend found a whole stack of them and she's going to use one, and grab another one so I can make a scan.

If you don't want to wait, she said she found them in the PC section on the bottom shelf and they had lots of them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure I'll be going today. A scan would probably be helpful though... hmm... I wish somebody would post the Fry's ad.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm not even sure I'll be going today. A scan would probably be helpful though... hmm... I wish somebody would post the Fry's ad.[/QUOTE]

It's going up now... $40 and the free wall scroll, after Best Buy fucked me over on it being there.

Employee told my gf "It's not here, it's not here", and I knew it was since I could do in store pickup, this dude wouldn't even check the back. Did in store pickup, it was there, I complained, got a free $10 gift card which I used on a CD for my girlfriend.

Link to the $10 off coupon:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1994565#post1994565

Awesome. I'll prolly pick it up tomorrow... of course, I won't be starting the game for a while, but it'll be good to have it for when I get back.

PS: The wall scroll at Best Buy isn't a pack-on, so make sure you ask for it.

So far, the game is awesome, but sometimes the speech (and I guess the music?) will cut out for like 5 - 10 seconds, and then pick up right were it left off.

Any game with an environment like this has to be awesome... so yeah, I can't wait to try this. It really does seem like a perfected Diablo II.

928126_20060602_screen009.jpg

[quote name='crystalklear64']Accursed UPS doesn't get to EB Games till 1-2 :([/QUOTE]

In this regard, my local Best Buy blows them out of the water everytime... they get their new games in hours before the local EB / GS does. My advice is to go to Best Buy and get it for $40 ;)

I messed up my template, so I must start over :( I was only an hour in though.

Currently level 12 and at the Pernassus Caves. Pretty sweet. Here's some screens.

At Mycenean Ruins, about to fight the 3 princes I think.

Those crazy skeletons.

Zombie killing spree!

NOOB CYCLOPS! (Actually, he's a real booger to beat. Took me like 5-10 potions)

You guys might want to check your best buy store locater. It wasn't showing up for me when i checked it earlier, and now I just checked it and it lists like 3 stores out of 7 that have it in stock now.

*Edit* Thanks Clariste for the coupon heads up! Scored mine for 43 and some change after tax! Thanks!!!

It seems you gain experience slower then in the demo, and the enemies drop less stuff, so overall I'd say its vastly improved over the demo (which felt like you leveled too fast and too much stuff dropped).

At the demo, I was level 6 before I even hit Sparta, and now I'm close to level 6 while fighting the centaurs.

Ok, some more minor complaints:

It seems like I've been using the same weapons for a LONG time now... and I still have no problem killing everything in two - three hits barring some bigger stuff (like Brutes). The weapon selection is kind of boring, same with the armor (though some armor is awesome).

I went for a Warfare / Storm combination, and I am demolishing everything in my path. Game is still pretty awesome, though, just when I get bored with Satyr's they throw some new shit at me.

[quote name='Shayde']So hows the online work (I guess compared to D2..), do you have seperate characters for off/online?[/quote]

Theres no closed system =(

I think theres only P2P.

[quote name='Roufuss']It seems you gain experience slower then in the demo, and the enemies drop less stuff, so overall I'd say its vastly improved over the demo (which felt like you leveled too fast and too much stuff dropped).

At the demo, I was level 6 before I even hit Sparta, and now I'm close to level 6 while fighting the centaurs.

Ok, some more minor complaints:

It seems like I've been using the same weapons for a LONG time now... and I still have no problem killing everything in two - three hits barring some bigger stuff (like Brutes). The weapon selection is kind of boring, same with the armor (though some armor is awesome).

I went for a Warfare / Storm combination, and I am demolishing everything in my path. Game is still pretty awesome, though, just when I get bored with Satyr's they throw some new shit at me.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I'm a Thane too. Nice combo, ya? I'm curious about Earth now though.

Level 14 studmaster, baby. :)

[quote name='Moxio']Are you serious? I'm a Thane too. Nice combo, ya? I'm curious about Earth now though.

Level 14 studmaster, baby. :)[/QUOTE]

Totally serious, all the shit on the right hand side of the Storm combo (the weapon procs and the shields) go perfectly with the warfare stuff.

I love it :D

The combinations are brilliant.

Nearly level 17 now. More pics!

Hmm... which kickass shield to use? ;)

Lmfao! Looks like human practice for the monsters.

Now THAT is one awesome monster.

Has anyone else noticed this game is really easy? I'm just kinda breezing my way through the game now. I did find my second blue (rare) item just now, though.

I actually haven't started playing yet. I'm going to try the coupon again today on my way home. If that fails, I DL'd it last night. :oops:

[quote name='Roufuss']Has anyone else noticed this game is really easy? I'm just kinda breezing my way through the game now. I did find my second blue (rare) item just now, though.[/QUOTE]

It is rather easy. I've got about 5000 kills now. However, I do have like 6 blues.

New pics! Level 18, nearly 19.

I'm finally in Egypt and am going to kick some mummy ass at the Pyramids!

Jeez these are pretty intimidating... robots?! Wtf?!

Wow that's one big Minotaur.

The rest are spoilers. Once everyone reaches this part I'll post them.

The frequency of blue drops is a bit depressing, I have alevel 8 guy with 2 and a level 11 guy with none. It's all luck it looks like. Bosses don't always drops greens and blues.

bread's done
Back