Titan Quest Thread

fucker Kayden stole my (his) lewtz!

Alright.. heres a helpful hint from a Hunter/Pyro..... don't choose this line. Hunter is so weak, the range isn't worth it, it takes me 20mins or so to kill the spider boss in the grove at level 15. Just got to the... uh... Telkine I think it was called.. could not damage it, and the 4 statues took about 10 mins to kill. You have to run the whole time doing slivers of damage with weak arrows.

Save yourself the trouble.

[quote name='crystalklear64']fucker Kayden stole my (his) lewtz!

Alright.. heres a helpful hint from a Hunter/Pyro..... don't choose this line. Hunter is so weak, the range isn't worth it, it takes me 20mins or so to kill the spider boss in the grove at level 15. Just got to the... uh... Telkine I think it was called.. could not damage it, and the 4 statues took about 10 mins to kill. You have to run the whole time doing slivers of damage with weak arrows.

Save yourself the trouble.[/quote]

:lol:

It was late and my GF was tugging at me. Next time you catch me in game I'll give them to you.... again.

Ultra ugh....
I installed TQ on my laptop today in preparation for some gaming at college, and I got a damn Graphic's Engine failed to Initialize error. The tech thread at THQ says they don't support integrated graphics, which I don't have, and the only other mention is the MX series, which is also not what I have.

So... I get the shaft almighty.

Going to be picking myself up a copy soon, played the demo and had a blast even though it was a little easy. I have been looking for the cheapest price around, to bad i missed the compusa thing but i did find this:

http://www7.cd-wow.us/detail_results_3.php?product_code=369539

but I've never heard of them, anyone have any experiences with them? If not, then I will just wait for sunday and use the $10 coupon at bestbuy to get it for $35.99.

The 3.0 shader model is required to play the game. However, I heard they're removing that check with the patch.

Honestly, this game couldn't have been more poorly designed. The graphics are detailed enough to use in an FPS or something, but they aren't really warranted in this game as you spend most of the time zoomed way out.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Ultra ugh....
I installed TQ on my laptop today in preparation for some gaming at college, and I got a damn Graphic's Engine failed to Initialize error. The tech thread at THQ says they don't support integrated graphics, which I don't have, and the only other mention is the MX series, which is also not what I have.

So... I get the shaft almighty.[/quote]

Just picked this up today... on a sidequest having to do with poisoned water in Sparta, and every time I get close to the water nymph, my screen goes black and my monitor stops getting a signal. It's happened three times... updated my video drivers to Catalyst 6.6... nothin. No problems except for right there.

I'm running on a Radeon 9800Pro, any ideas what's going on?

Can someone please PM me their serial key so I can make another one?. I won't use your serial key of course because it is taken, but I would like to play multiplayer and have figured out a sequence which allows me to make multiple keys out of 1. thanks.

-Cheap Motherfucker

[quote name='Cheap Mofo']Can someone please PM me their serial key so I can make another one?. I won't use your serial key of course because it is taken, but I would like to play multiplayer and have figured out a sequence which allows me to make multiple keys out of 1. thanks.

-Cheap Motherfucker[/quote]
Yes, let us help you pirate a great game. Go fuck yourself.

[quote name='Cheap Mofo']Can someone please PM me their serial key so I can make another one?. I won't use your serial key of course because it is taken, but I would like to play multiplayer and have figured out a sequence which allows me to make multiple keys out of 1. thanks.

-Cheap Motherfucker[/QUOTE]
Ew.. come on now. If you're going to pirate something do it right! Don't just grab the game and THEN worry about a key, that's just silly.

[quote name='Logain8955']Just got this game today, going Storm/Spirit. Seems pretty high damage. I'd totally love to get some MP goin.[/quote]

'CAG' is up.

CK, gimme your AIM so we can track eachother more easily.

Kayden told me that the Thane is the strongest class there is, maybe overly powerful, so no wonder the game is so easy for me.

I almost wish they'd nerf the warfare tree just a little bit in the coming patch.

[quote name='Roufuss']Kayden told me that the Thane is the strongest class there is, maybe overly powerful, so no wonder the game is so easy for me.

I almost wish they'd nerf the warfare tree just a little bit in the coming patch.[/quote]

:lol:

Go to Titanquest.net and read up at the forums.

The warfare tree is actually whined about being one of the most helpless. Its that damn storm tree that equals rapage.

[quote name='Kayden']:lol:

Go to Titanquest.net and read up at the forums.

The warfare tree is actually whined about being one of the most helpless. Its that damn storm tree that equals rapage.[/QUOTE]

I only use the right half of the storm tree... namely that one power I can turn on that adds either cold or lightning to my attacks.

I put all the rest of my points into dual wield, that power that I get stronger the more people I fight (is maxed), battle rage, and some other stuff. All my stuff is passive so it's just click click click.

Well, the patch is out, and it seems to be a total fuckin failure.

I should say its 50/50. If the game ran well before, it runs better; if it ran like crap before, its worse now. :roll:

I'm done playing this until 2.0, GW:F should arrive tomorrow.

Not if you keep talking like that. :lol:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Zomg Noob. Anyway.. aim is crystalklear64. I play Factions too, so we can still chill and be bro's and play toast right?[/quote]

Does anybody know exactly where to find the Eye of Chaos. I've searched near the Oasis as stated in the quest notes but I cant seem to find it. I've explored the whole of the Fayum desert with no joy. I've got the staff.

If anybodies interested I'm a level 23 Pyromancer and have fully maxed the Core Dweller uoto level 24 spells. He seems to wipe out anything and I think this is the way to go with the game.

A definite Diablo II clone but the story and fear factor is not as deep. I don't think anything will surpass Diablo II as the mould was broken when they made this game. Does everybody remember the impact of meeting Andariel for the first time?

Hardware is a dual core X24800 with 2Gb Corsair Pro RAM and 750Gb of SATA raid. Graphics cards are 7800GTX is SLI mode on a dell 24" monitor. The best resolution for this setup seems to 1600 x 900 with everything fully maxed except shadows on medium. Very little slowdown and no crashes so far.

[quote name='Kayden']Well, the patch is out, and it seems to be a total fuckin failure.

I should say its 50/50. If the game ran well before, it runs better; if it ran like crap before, its worse now. :roll:

I'm done playing this until 2.0, GW:F should arrive tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
The game runs crap because your hardware is not up to the job- pure and simple. If you play the game on the correct hardware it is fabulous.

[quote name='taharqua10']The game runs crap because your hardware is not up to the job- pure and simple. If you play the game on the correct hardware it is fabulous.[/quote]

:rofl:

Have you by chance looked at my signature?

My PC runs O-fucking-blivion at 1680x1050 with maxed settings. Believe me laddie, tis not my hardware.

If you would go to the forums at titanquest.net you'd notice that a lot of the people having problems are people with top end PCs.

TQ does not like dual core pcs or 7800GT-7900GTX.

So I just got back from being in Europe for a week so I'm out of the loop. What's the consensus on this? Roufuss said I either shouldn't buy it or should just wait but I wanna see what other CAG's think... I'm really wanting a good action RPG, but is this a game I'd want to hang onto for a long time or is it just a decent distraction?

[quote name='Chacrana']So I just got back from being in Europe for a week so I'm out of the loop. What's the consensus on this? Roufuss said I either shouldn't buy it or should just wait but I wanna see what other CAG's think... I'm really wanting a good action RPG, but is this a game I'd want to hang onto for a long time or is it just a decent distraction?[/QUOTE]

I just find the game incredibly too easy, and I don't feel like wasting the time of mindlessly going through Normal to unlock another difficulty level. I wish normal difficulty meant normal and not easy.

Alot of people on CAG loved it, but I though it had boring weapons / armor, was too easy, story is kind of "meh", boss battles are kind of cool but something about the game just feels off. Maybe it's the fact I can plow through anything save bosses in 2 or 3 hits for the last 6 hours I've played it.

Like someone else wrote, Blizzard nailed it with Diablo 2 and at this point I don't think anyone will surpass them or even come close. It's not bad, it's just not as great as I expected. I mean, cmon, I've used the same weapons and armor for the last seven levels.

Maybe I will fire it up again, but it was around the end of Greece / beginning of Egypt where I started getting bored.

Hmm... after reading more comments, it seems like the game is really that buggy... I'm definitely going to take a wait and see approach here. Definitely disappointing.

As for Blizzard nailing it with Diablo 2, that's probably right. Though I personally think that Divine Divinity was the best action RPG ever... if you don't mind playing offline that is. Anyway, that's my benchmark for action RPGs and from what I'm hearing it seems as though Titan Quest falls short of that... hopefully not by too much though.

But yeah, if the difficulty is as easy as you're saying it is, that's a huge turn-off.

TQ is better than DD for me. Its not D2, but then neither was D2 when it launched. Exactly how many patches did Blizzard put out?

The game is good, but it needs a bit of work here and there. If you have a really good system, don't get it. If you have a moderate system, you should be ok. The main problems seem to be top end Nvidias and dual core AMDs.

As for it being too easy- Yea, normal is pretty easy, but the difficulty starts to pick up in China. Additionally, the main reason Roufuss things it mind numblingly easy is because he picked what is arguably the more over powered character in the game. Storm/warfare eats things alive.

So wait on it then? I have a high end computer (pretty similar to yours) and I experienced some of the issues you had when I played the demo. Well, I guess I'll give it a few months or a year or something and see how it fares then.

[quote name='Chacrana']So wait on it then? I have a high end computer (pretty similar to yours) and I experienced some of the issues you had when I played the demo. Well, I guess I'll give it a few months or a year or something and see how it fares then.[/quote]

I have to play with everything set to low. However, since I play at max zoom out, I really don't notice either way. The only real crippling issue I have is fire and some transparencies.

My dated comp. runs it on medium with the 1024x..7 something fine. Its just network issues for me that makes multiplayer frustating. As for too easy..the class choice certainly does affect the difficulty. I started with a Hunter/Pyromancer and it was hella hard. Then I made a pure storm and everything died VERY quickly. I was able to beat the game in a very short amount of time. However, now that I've gone into the next difficulty, I find that I die very quickly >

[quote name='crystalklear64']My dated comp. runs it on medium with the 1024x..7 something fine. Its just network issues for me that makes multiplayer frustating. As for too easy..the class choice certainly does affect the difficulty. I started with a Hunter/Pyromancer and it was hella hard. Then I made a pure storm and everything died VERY quickly. I was able to beat the game in a very short amount of time. However, now that I've gone into the next difficulty, I find that I die very quickly >

Jealous?
:bouncy:
hot8rq.png

Patch Released... couple days ago :)

Patch Version 1.11 is live!

There have been a few new additions since I posted the patch notes last week. Again I want to remind everyone that one of the big additions in this patch is the new “Exceptions.txt” file that will be generated on game crash. This should help you help us identify the cause of some of the crash bugs that people have been reporting.

General:
- Fixed NPC dialogue fading when bumped by pets
- Fixed crash when loading a custom map in-game that contains a sheep herder
- Fixed a word wrap error in monster and NPC name dialogs that appears in some languages
- Changed mouse input to swap left and right buttons when the option is selected in Windows
- Implemented Time Smoothing to reduce hitches and decrease blur when the player character is moving
- Implemented logging system to track crashes in Titan Quest™. Upon a crash, Titan Quest™ will create a log file named "Exceptions.txt" in the My Games\Titan Quest directory.

Video:
- Fixed crashes and graphical corruptions related to low video memory on PCs
- Fixed a 'Fatal Error' message appearing when the game is booting up after the update process on a system with a Mobility™ Radeon® 9200
- Improved video memory test to correctly identify 128 MB ATI Radeon® x300 and ATI Mobility™ Radeon® 9200 cards
- Fixed graphic elements becoming corrupted when running NVIDIA® 6600 series card over a long period of time
- Implemented Triple Buffering to allow smoother gameplay and less blurring with V-Sync enabled.

To enable Triple Buffering, go to the My Games\Titan Quest\Settings directory and open the options.txt file after changing any option in game. Find the setting called "tripleBuffer" and change its value to true. If the setting does not exist, add the line “tripleBuffer=true” to the end of the options.txt file. Note that enabling triple buffering uses more Video memory, so you may have to try it both ways to find the correct setting for your system.

Multiplayer:
- Fixed slow down in gameplay due to large amounts of player chat
- Fixed items being lost in the trade window if the server shuts down while the trade window is open

Editor:
- Portal selection with the portal link tool can now be selected from the front and the back. Previously some portals required 180 degree rotation to be selected.
- Portal status colors will now render properly with the portal link tool
- Impassable terrain and sector layers will now be visible when using ATI cards
- Fixed issue where building the mini-maps could discard unsaved work
- Fixed the sector layer list not properly updating when deleting a sector type
- Fixed system modal dialogs showing up behind the Editor window

Other Notes :
This patch updates the Miles Sound System drivers in the game. If you have manually altered or updated these files previous to this patch you will need to restore the drivers that the game installed initially for the patch to install properly.

There have been a lot of posts about people editing the main game database, code, and character files. You should always back up your original files when you make these changes or when you install someone’s mod (unless it is a custom map mod). While making mods as Custom Games is supported, editing the main game .exe and campaign database archive is not officially supported and altering those files can result in your game being unpatchable in the future, which would require a reinstall.

Just want folks to keep that in mind and remind everyone to backup any files that they are making changes to. It will save everyone a lot of headaches when they try and patch the game and can’t because they have modified the main executable or the database archive for the main game.

This game got really freaking boring halfway through... I'm still in Egypt fighting the same 4 monster types over and over and over, and I haven't upgraded my armor / weapons since Greece and I'm still breezing through the game :(

I doubt I'll pick up the expansion.

As long as the thread is bumped, just letting anyone know (that hasn't seen this info elsewhere) Best Buy (and the .com) have CD and DVD versions priced at 19.99 now.

lol I didn't even know that this thread existed. I have played and beaten TQ and am now about 1/4 of the way thru The Immortal Throne. This game is totally awesome and is the best game like this since Diablo II IMO. And it looks FANTASTIC with everything cranked up to the max.

[quote name='cgarb84']lol I didn't even know that this thread existed. I have played and beaten TQ and am now about 1/4 of the way thru The Immortal Throne. This game is totally awesome and is the best game like this since Diablo II IMO. And it looks FANTASTIC with everything cranked up to the max.[/QUOTE]

X100

I am still in Act 1 with a Dream/Warrior type thing for real this game is better then WOW, guild wars, Oblivion, any of them.

Kick ass game.

I play while listening to books

Right now, Game of Shadows.

[quote name='crystalklear64']If people are still playing, I can certainly be persuaded to join you. : )[/QUOTE]

I am not very far, plus my copy is a little "strange" if you get my meaning, but I would be down for playing, I really dig this game.

bread's done
Back