TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

Some Walmart stores have a ton of older WWE DVDs for $5 or less. Lots of documentaries and PPVs, if anyone is interested. Check your local stores for a varied selection. One of my local stores has quite a few, while the other has nothing.

HeroToTheMasses, on 29 Dec 2013 - 7:03 PM, said:
I didn't want to be the one to throw that out there that so thanks for asking. :)
I had mentioned in one of these threads how awful I thought WWE 13 was and that I regretted getting it. It's important for the story to note that THQ was still in business at this point, so the game was still pretty recent. He said he wanted to get it and to CML. Nothing really interested me except Borderlands 2 because I wanted to play co-op with a friend. At this point, BL2 was $40 new as compared to $60 new for WWE 13 but I didn't really care. He flipped the hell out by calling it an uneven trade and that my game wasn't worth anything because I didn't like it. I told him to go eat dicks for trying to screw over a fellow CAG and he's been blocked since.

Not sure what to think of that. Cynical side says they are pissed he got over without permission above the REAL top guys and this is their way of fixing that. I guess it could also be a swerve where Brysn is infiltrating them just to get at Wyatt since he can't do it normally, but either way it seems like it's going to derail him.

At least the reasoning is well done ("No matter how over I am, the company will never put me at the top" mentality)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Bray as a catalyst for changing someone's character.  Maybe this gets the unhinged Bryan back that the crowd got really into in the first place.

Since Cena/Orton is likely ending in bullshit anyway, why not have the Wyatts/Bryan destroy them both and ruin Triple H/Stephanie's main event.  Make good on all of that "Take down the machine" talk.

Finally, something fresh!

Too bad it's happening during Wrestlemania season, though. A Royal Rumble victory for D-Bry would be nice on the resume.

Yeah, it was quite an ending. It really doesn't matter where they put Daniel Bryan. He'll find a way to make sure that he delivers. I think 2014 looks good at this point. Take the good with the bad.

I like Bray as a catalyst for changing someone's character.
Why am I suddenly dreading a redux of the Nexus angle (and to a lesser extent the Kane angle) where someone tries to corrupt Cena, only to be turned away and defeated because Cena has too much Hustle Loyalty Respect to be corrupted?

I do like the idea of the Wyatts now just being disruptive tweeners (since Vince says there are no more heels/faces anyway) who wreck the Orton/Cena match. Pretty much the same approach as the dream scenario from last month of Punk and Bryan wrecking the unification match. The way Steph and the announcers kept pushing the RR match as a pure one on one with no gimmicks sort of furthers that possibility.

1241842_o.gif

(since Vince says there are no more heels/faces anyway)
To Google!

*searches*

Vince needs to die already. This is the wrasslin business. He will just overcomplicate things by having everyone in the grey. This is like when Jericho had that great Anton Chigurh gimmick, and then, seemingly, Vince forced The Miz and Jack Swagger to adopt similar personas. He did the same thing when Steve Austin blew up with the Stone Cold gimmick. Afterwards, everyone wore black, leather, had shitty C-level rock entrance music, and tried to mimic the Stone Cold attitude. All aboard the train to oversaturation city.

Seems there were reports that Ultimate Warrior was trying swindle money from people selling his merchandise on ebay.   Looks like there were mentions of him wanting 30% of the sale.  Although there's supposedly a comment by him on his site mentioning that's wrong.  It's 110%(100% of the sale, plus another 10% for the trouble of contacting the seller)..   wtf? :wall:

He keeps it up and he will literally be a "one warrior nation".  Bet WWE doesn't like him doing this either.

I'm kinda disappointed that AJ Styles decided to go to ROH... I have nothing against the promotion, but I really wanted to see if he could make it in the WWE. WWE may not always be the greatest, but the scale of the crowds is just so much larger and I thought it would have been neat to see him in a WWE ring and maybe even Wrestlemania. 

I'm kinda disappointed that AJ Styles decided to go to ROH... I have nothing against the promotion, but I really wanted to see if he could make it in the WWE. WWE may not always be the greatest, but the scale of the crowds is just so much larger and I thought it would have been neat to see him in a WWE ring and maybe even Wrestlemania.
They were paying him like $250 a week. He decided that wasn't enough to feed his family. Probably right too.

They were paying him like $250 a week. He decided that wasn't enough to feed his family. Probably right too.
I don't know the details of the developmental deal he was offered, but Main Roster guys do not make $250 a week (assuming he would have made it onto the main roster). If he really made it in the WWE, he would have been making millions a year. As a fan, I would have just liked to have seen if he was capable of doing it like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

If he decided that the risk was too great, then that's fine. Still, it would have been interesting to see.

I don't know the details of the developmental deal he was offered, but Main Roster guys do not make $250 a week (assuming he would have made it onto the main roster). If he really made it in the WWE, he would have been making millions a year. As a fan, I would have just liked to have seen if he was capable of doing it like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

If he decided that the risk was too great, then that's fine. Still, it would have been interesting to see.
He wasn't going to make it to the main roster. They wanted him on NXT for God knows how long. He decided he was worth more now rather than chancing NXT and being Chris Hero'd.

(It's all an elaborate awesome work, though. Can't you see it was what the Smmer of Punk angle should've been?)

He wasn't going to make it to the main roster. They wanted him on NXT for God knows how long. He decided he was worth more now rather than chancing NXT and being Chris Hero'd.
I read that as "Chris Howard," and thought to myself how that could have very well been his "WWE Random Name Generator(TM)" name.

I can't believe WWE would just send AJ Styles to NXT in the first place.   I guess they would want him to tone down his work rate and go WWE style. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8OG1qW7eAE

Some great work from Brodus here...tying the cut Wrestlemania match/Total Divas to his heel turn and acknowledging the Albert chants that Tensai kept getting. 

Plus I like changing the breakaway tracksuit to just a breakaway pinstripe suit.  Hopefully the King Kong Bundy gear goes next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8OG1qW7eAE

Some great work from Brodus here...tying the cut Wrestlemania match/Total Divas to his heel turn and acknowledging the Albert chants that Tensai kept getting.

Plus I like changing the breakaway tracksuit to just a breakaway pinstripe suit. Hopefully the King Kong Bundy gear goes next.
Agreed... I watched this video this morning out of boredom and felt it was a really well done segment .. ruined only by The Miz's tacky mic skills.

This is easily a segment that should have been done on Smackdown, to help Brodus out a little bit. Nobody will see it because it's buried away on Main Event.

The fact you guys are talking Brodus Clay instead of NJPW and Wrestle Kingdom really puts a damper on the new year. Vince McMahon marks, the lot of you!

Apparently Trips don't want the American Pitbulls. I know it was a long shot, but what does Davey have left other than the Evolve shows? Everyone loves Eddie (hi, Eddie!) but Davey's burned too many bridges this past month...

Agreed... I watched this video this morning out of boredom and felt it was a really well done segment .. ruined only by The Miz's tacky mic skills.

This is easily a segment that should have been done on Smackdown, to help Brodus out a little bit. Nobody will see it because it's buried away on Main Event.
It's even worse, because of the holiday yesterday the episode is only available via WWE.com. Wasnt even shown on tv.

I'll be surprised if all of the Styles booking isn't an elaborate work.

Apparently Trips don't want the American Pitbulls. I know it was a long shot, but what does Davey have left other than the Evolve shows? Everyone loves Eddie (hi, Eddie!) but Davey's burned too many bridges this past month...
HHH's track record has been stellar (wink) since he's had a hand in running things so the Pit Wolves probably would be over huge using this standard.

I'll be surprised if all of the Styles booking isn't an elaborate work.
Go to eWrestlingNews.com and check out the comment section on any AJ/TNA or Dixie Carter news post.

The full blown childish WWE marks think its 3,000% real because they want it to be real.

I can't help but ROFL when I see JohnCenaFan77 wishing, with child-like wonder, that AJ Styles would join WWE.

What we have here are WWE marks rooting for TNA's top babyface. Because they don't watch TNA, they don't know how phenomenal he truly is - so they're gonna megaton mark out when they see him on ROH. In their mainstream Fisher Price worlds, they heard of this magical ROH only after or during the time CM Punk and DB rose to fame in the WWE, then checked out some ROH stuff online and pretended like they've watched for years.

They won't watch TNA, but they will watch the legitimate place their heroes Punk and DB came from. LOL

The WWE marks are rooting for the secret TNA top guy in a mythical land of amazing technical wrestling - and will be blown away by his abilities as they dream of him joining WWE.

I'm speculating that TNA has worked out a partnership with ROH where they will also be recreating The Invasion angle and possibly cross-promotional PPVs.

Why wouldn't the distant second and third wrestling companies work together to gain a large share of the wrestling audience.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why they still haven't cut guys like JTG and Yoshi Tatsu?  It's like WCW where they hire someone and then they sit on their sofas at home for 2 years.

There ya go.
Xavier Woods is black, and I'm pretty sure Brodus Clay is too. JTG literally has zero reason to be employed. If they just wanted a black guy on the roster, they should have kept the way better than that Shelton Benjamin on the payroll.

Maybe H is gun shy since he's not exactly flawless on his track record for who he's hiring/backing. Too bad, but if they would have been used horribly anyway it's probably better that they didn't get brought on.

The fact you guys are talking Brodus Clay instead of NJPW and Wrestle Kingdom really puts a damper on the new year. Vince McMahon marks, the lot of you!
Does this mean you're leaving?

Maybe H is gun shy since he's not exactly flawless on his track record for who he's hiring/backing. Too bad, but if they would have been used horribly anyway it's probably better that they didn't get brought on.

Does this mean you're leaving?
I'm just pointing out that sometimes WrestleCAG loves being piss-drunk miserable like they're an ant with a parasite inside their brains making them want to feed themselves to a bird. And I'm like the crow saying, "Don't feed yourself to me. You're an ant. Go do ant things."

iX3WCDxohr3xV.gif

Also Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards aren't getting contracts. HHH said they were too small.

Xavier Woods is black, and I'm pretty sure Brodus Clay is too. JTG literally has zero reason to be employed. If they just wanted a black guy on the roster, they should have kept the way better than that Shelton Benjamin on the payroll
Not to mention Mark Henry and Big E Langston.

TNA has been garbage for years.

They have the occasional spark such as Austin Aries and A&8s but usually they've been about a garbage promotion as much as CZW. Bryan's matches on RAW alone are better than anything on TNA. It's a 2nd rate promotion run by 3rd rate owners. 

How some of ya'll continue to be in loveless marriages with the Vince or Dixie renders me speechless. You deserve better. You deserve NJPW. It's a fantastic promotion. The fact that you're overlooking it is confounding.

I imagine you've been trained by Vince to think all Japanese guys look alike so you let the same underlying racism in his blood float through yours.

FREE NJPW PPVS leading into Wrestle Kingdom 9.
 ​
iHkflTCbXXJS1.gif
 ​

I've been watching a lot of Katsuyori Shibata matches recently... it's pretty epic. Every single time I see his corner dropkick and that no-guard headbutt, I cringe. I saw the one vs. Isshi on Youtube and it's pretty wild.

And RAINMAKER has one of the best entrances in wrestling today. Friggin' awesome dropkicks.

I've been watching a lot of Katsuyori Shibata matches recently... it's pretty epic. Every single time I see his corner dropkick and that no-guard headbutt, I cringe. I saw the one vs. Isshi on Youtube and it's pretty wild.

And RAINMAKER has one of the best entrances in wrestling today. Friggin' awesome dropkicks.
tumblr_mk8qb0Uvk11qkz8azo1_500.gif

Thank you. Thank you so much. Shibata's/Ishii blew me away. I'm watching the rematch later today today. I adore Shibata's look. He's kind of got Punk's body but he's leaner and hits harder then hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dYgVr7XN7I

Here is Shibata / Goto. It's a fantastic match by all accounts and they'll be diong the rematch TONIGHT at WRESTLE KINGDOM 8! I'm taking a nap early this afternoon so I can be up at night to watch it live. So EXCITED!

ipWq6emJ8AeuZ.gif

RAINMAKER!

bread's done
Back