ihhmTciVuvZnr.gif
ird0l3UlX08eI.gif
ifU1Pis4I3fFp.gif
ibsOgGOFLpQ89m.gif
ibr6DfymGetfGc.gif
iUIh0KiFJBB9j.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching ROH Final Battle 2013.

It is really fucking weird to see the ROH fans treat The Young Bucks as super faces when in PWG they are mega heels. And ROH's house bands are good, but, man, The Young Bucks without "Mmmbop" is like The Sandman without "Enter Sandman." It's just wrong.

One minor closing note: While I enjoyed him in the ring, and some of his promos, Nigel McGuinness is exceptionally bland on commentary. So monotone. At least Kevin Kelly tries to change it up.

Seems that an advertisement for a WWE live event in Las Vegas in Feb. 2014 might've screwed up and leaked that
Batista
is coming back.
Bro-tista or bust.

I enjoyed Bro-tista a lot.

LOL at Hogan-Lesnar. Try "Hogan makes an appearance that's just like his Wrestlemania 21 run-in, with Swagger and Cesaro playing the parts of Hassan and Daivari."

But if you compare the two, Hogan was far more entertaining and colorful than Orton has ever been.
Wait. Was this actually a debate? It's like saying "if you compare the two, chocolate ice cream tastes better than dog shit."

On the other hand, Orton's a much better worker than Hogan, apart from the match Hogan had with Undertaker.
Don't know what dream Hogan-Undertaker match you're referring to. The Judgment Day title switch was coma-enducing aside from the hilarious non-chokeslam towards the end, and as much as I love it for the pro-heel reaction and the fact that I was in attendance, the '91 Survivor Series match was pretty limited just like all Undertaker matches were for the first several years. The TiT rematch wasn't much better either, maybe a bit more to it but none of those 3 are as good as the best Orton-Taker matches (which weren't incredible either, but come on).

LOL at Hogan-Lesnar. Try "Hogan makes an appearance that's just like his Wrestlemania 21 run-in, with Swagger and Cesaro playing the parts of Hassan and Daivari."

Wait. Was this actually a debate? It's like saying "if you compare the two, chocolate ice cream tastes better than dog shit."

Don't know what dream Hogan-Undertaker match you're referring to. The Judgment Day title switch was coma-enducing aside from the hilarious non-chokeslam towards the end, and as much as I love it for the pro-heel reaction and the fact that I was in attendance, the '91 Survivor Series match was pretty limited just like all Undertaker matches were for the first several years. The TiT rematch wasn't much better either, maybe a bit more to it but none of those 3 are as good as the best Orton-Taker matches (which weren't incredible either, but come on).
Replace Hogan's name with Batista.

lol.

Steve Corino at Final Battle: "I wish I could kick fans in the face."

:rofl:  Kelly and Corino are just great on commentary.  They're the closest anyone has come to Monsoon and Heenan.

I finally finished Final Battle yesterday.  That was just a great PPV.  Two moments in particular that were very surprising to see that both had me marking out a bit.  I absolutely recommend it to anyone who may be on the fence.

Sooo what does this mean for Wrestlemania?

Well if Vince and Co. were trying to put on the biggest card they could, these are the matches they'd run.

Undertaker / Cena

HHH / Punk

HBK / Bryan

Hogan / Lesnar

Orton / Sheamus

Cody / Goldust

AJ Lee / ?

Shield / ?
I agree with most of this except for a few I'd swap around... (story notes being in parentheses)

Undertaker / Lesnar (Lesnar tells Heyman that he will do what "The Best and the rest" couldn't do: beat the streak)

HHH / Bryan (revenge for Bryan being 'buried' all this time)

HBK / Punk (the obvious dream match)

Orton / Sheamus / Cena (with Hogan as special enforcer) for the "WWE World Heavyweight Championship"

Cody / Goldust (obviously doesn't need any notes)

Shield / Usos & Big E

AJ Lee / token diva of the month

If Batista actually wrestles, you could change up some of that. Maybe just have Hogan be "the host of WM XXX", and Batista in the WHC match to make it a fatal four way.

/end my fantasy booking for the day

I agree with most of this except for a few I'd swap around... (story notes being in parentheses)

Undertaker / Lesnar (Lesnar tells Heyman that he will do what "The Best and the rest" couldn't do: beat the streak)

Orton / Sheamus / Cena (with Hogan as special enforcer) for the "WWE World Heavyweight Championship"

Shield / Usos & Big E

If Batista actually wrestles, you could change up some of that. Maybe just have Hogan be "the host of WM XXX", and Batista in the WHC match to make it a fatal four way.

Well supposedly the rumor going around with the World title match at WM is

Batista entering the Royal Rumble as a surprise entry, winning it and facing Orton for the title at WM

Which I hope isn't true, as that title match would probably be boring as hell.

As for dream matches, kinda hope that rumor of them trying to get Goldberg for a match at WM 30 is true. That way they can do a Ryback/Goldberg match and put it to rest.

Kinda want Bryan/Undertaker - if he's not going to wrestle Triple H or HBK then he should try to do the one thing they couldn't.  Then Lesnar/Punk or Lesnar/Cena 2.

I'm wondering if Money in the Bank will be moved back to Wrestlemania since there's only one title now.  Either that or with Triple H's tag team love we'll get the return of the multi-team ladder match.

Something like..

Orton(c)/Cena/Sheamus/Batista (if he's going to wrestle)

Bryan/Undertaker

Punk/Lesnar 2

Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins - US title

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

AJ vs. ??? (I'd like to say Mickie James returning for a bit..but there's no fucking way she'd get a WM payday over Cena's Bella twin)

Plus a tag title match and/or a MITB.

Forgot to post this, the other day, after watching/GIF-ing ROH Final Battle 2013.

This is basically the show summed up in one spoiler-heavy GIF. You're welcome.

AvSSWQ0.gif

I'm wondering if Money in the Bank will be moved back to Wrestlemania since there's only one title now. Either that or with Triple H's tag team love we'll get the return of the multi-team ladder match.
I would love this. It never should have been its own PPV to begin with, but it's just like WWE to take a good thing and drive it into the ground thanks to oversaturation (hi HiaC and Elimination Chamber!)

Jeff Jarrett, who co-founded TNA Wrestling with his father in 2002, announced this afternoon via Twitter that he has parted ways with the promotion.

"On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful," Jarrett wrote.

Following his television role departure in December 2011, Jarrett maintained a behind-the-scenes job with the company.
Seems like TNA keeps losing people that actually know wrestling. As much crap as Jarrett got during his booking days, it's still better than this lame "Dixieland" crap they're doing right now.

Batista hype video was just shown on Raw - returning January 20th.  At least they didn't just ignore that everyone knows already.

Shield / Usos & Big E

I like the card. The only thing that kind of irks me is that I've never really had an affinity for the old Lesnar / Taker matches. They had a good feud where Taker put Lesnar over clean a number of times but the matches themselves... well lets just say they never did much for me.

I know that the way they were planning on booking this Wrestlemania with Rock and Lesnar involved some kind of build between the Movie Star and the Fighter. I honestly think they could get something similar out of Batista / Lesnar. But I think you're right. We're going to get Lesnar / Undertaker.

I imagine Batista is more interested in being champion and cementing a legacy than he is in fighting Lesnar. Going back to his match against Undertaker, he's been about being the best in the company and proving people wrong. He set out to steal the show and he actually managed to do it, providing fans with a better match at Wrestlemania with Taker than HBK and Cena. He then went to Hollywood to prove people wrong again and actually made it there as well (appearing in two movies with Vin Diesel - as many as the Rock (Riddick / Guardians of the Galaxy).

At his age, He's now back in what is probably guaranteed to be his final WWE run. I don't know who he'll put over on his way out at Summerslam. Maybe Cena. Maybe Punk. But when it comes down to the match he would choose to be involved in, I think he's of the school of thought that the Championship match is the main event. Going against Lesnar would be an attraction and a draw, but it wouldn't be the main event. It wouldn't HEADLINE Wrestlemania. And most importantly, It wouldn't carve out Batista's legacy.

Still, Batista/Lesnar is the match I want to see. It's been a long time since Lesnar went up against a good big man. His matches are usually centered around DOMINATION. But what happens if the other guy is just as big as he is? I feel like the big fight feel would be electric leading into Wrestlemania. Movie Star vs. MMA Fighter! Hollywood vs. UFC! The Beast vs. The Animal!

---------------------------------

NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 8 HYPE POST!
12 Days To Go!
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada
King of Pro Wrestling
2013 Match of the Year Candidate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AzrNdUP6tNU​
Learn more about Wrestle Kingdom 8 here: http://www.ustream.tv/njpw
So a little bit of context about the above match and why it's so highly rated by people. Okada and Tanahashi have gone up against each other multiple times. Each time they've delivered a four star or above performance. This is considered their best match against each other.​
One of the key things to remember going into this is that Okada / Tanahashi isn't really a spotfest. Just like Punk / Lesnar wasn't a spotfest. Instead it's a story of competition between two guys trying to prove to the other who is better. The selling is handled beautifully by Tanahashi and Okada and there are a ton of perfectly rendered reversals that have you guessing at which wrestler is going to prevail in any given exchange.​
Dave Meltzer has described the feud as being the best in-ring feud of our generation. It's inherently like a Flair/Steamboat kind of feud where's it not only for the belt but to see who can go the distance and be better than the other man. If you enjoy professional wrestling, set some time apart, don't look at the length of the video, and just start watching WrestleCAG. I think you'll like what you see.​

h9kRObA.gif

Do you really need me to spell why I posted this GIF out for you?  :whistle2:$ I guess based on past responses you do. 

I find this GIF funny because as a wrestling fan I know that Vince McMahon has a history of pushing wrestlers that have a huge body building physique. This GIF makes fun of that aspect of Vince McMahon's proclivities by mixing footage of a body builder with scenes of Vince McMahon looking like he is experience an orgasm. I hope this is context enough for WrestleCAG. 

h9kRObA.gif

Do you really need me to spell why I posted this GIF out for you? :whistle2:$ I guess based on past responses you do.

I find this GIF funny because as a wrestling fan blah blah blah
I found it funny when it was posted by pitfallharry, since it did not require a 1999 AOL 'Rasslin Analysis Newsletter-level of explanation..

So all this Wrestlemania talk and no one suggests Punk-Austin?

Raw was bad but at least they didn't try to kill Santa like last year.

Everything about this Brodus Clay turn seems extremely similar to when they gave Shad his fake-push after the heel turn..but at least it gave Xavier something to do as his intro to the main roster.

That'd definitely make the show more relevant.

I was kind of shocked by Cena / Rollins. Cena gave Rollins way more than I ever dreamed of. He spent 80% of the match on his back getting his ass whooped. A lot of really cool back and forth. Nothing on the level of Punk or Bryan but the third ROH champion in the main event looked really, really good. Announcers put over Rollins like crazy as well.

Yep. Then he SuperCena'd Rollins for the win. Cena also pulled out this neckbreaker that I don't think I've seen him do before.

Ambrose took a hard shot to the face from Reigns' boot when Henry threw Reigns over the announce table.

I saw Ambrose bleeding. 

The difference between Cena being whooped on by Henry and pulling out SuperCena is a world of difference from Seth Rollins who holds less single victories than Sin Cara 1.0. 

Used With Due Credit to Bootaaay over at NEOGAF: 
 ​
iejcVUHAdHF2j.png
icVMcbjCRiAJE.png
...huh?

For the uninitiated, New Japan Pro-Wrestling (the oldest professional wrestling company in Japan) are hosting their annual Tokyo Dome show on January 4th. In October 2012 New Japan offered their PPV's to international customers for the first time and, since then, we've seen a spike of interest in the promotion within the WrassleGAF community. New Japan are considered by many to currently be the premier wrestling product in the world and, as we head towards New Japan's biggest show of the year, we thought it would be a great opportunity to introduce some potential new fans to the promotion.

So, this is just Japanese WWE?

Not quite. Despite the roster including a number of ex-WWE superstars (Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Harry Smith, Lance Hoyt, etc) New Japan has a much greater focus on in-ring action. The presentation is decidedly sports based, from the national press photographers scampering about at ringside to contract signings and the post-show press conferences. Although there are interviews and promos, the emphasis is on largely on in-ring storytelling between larger than life characters who are regarded as some of the best wrestling talents in the world today. See the GIFs & Media section below for examples.

When does this all happen?

Wrestle Kingdom 8 itself takes place on January the 4th, while there are a couple of FREE pre-show events on Friday, January 3rd;

01/03 - Wrestle Kingdom - Battle of the Past: 2008 ~ 2013 | FREE: www.ustream.tv/njpw
17:00 CET | 16:00 GMT | 11:00 EST | 08:00 PST

01/03 - Wrestle Kingdom - Ring Construction | FREE: www.ustream.tv/njpw
21:00 CET | 20:00 GMT | 15:00 EST | 12:00 PST

01/03 - Wrestle Kingdom - Battle of the Past: 2008 ~ 2013 | FREE: www.ustream.tv/njpw
00:00 CET | 23:00 GMT | 18:00 EST | 15:00 PST

01/04 - Wrestle Kingdom VIII | BUY: ¥3,000 with Japanese commentary, $35 with Spanish commentary
17:00 JST | 09:00 CET | 08:00 GMT | 03:00 EST | 00:00 PST - VOD available until 01/13

• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) vs TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

• IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) © vs BULLET CLUB ('Machinegun' Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)

• NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway © vs Satoshi Kojima

• Special Challenge Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie

• Grudge Match: CHAOS (Toru Yano & X) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)

• King of Destroyer Match: Togi Makabe vs Bad Luck Fale

• Goto Return Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata

• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt © vs Kota Ibushi

• IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs Tetsuya Naito

• IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

iHm10ZRDa14uK.png

iPziCTNs3rvw5.png

• Pre-Show Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & BUSHI vs Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask

A throwaway 8-man tag with random faces usually opens pre-show of New Japan's big events and this year is no exception. Should be fun for what it is. Also, the bi-annual appearance of the legendary Super Strong Machine, who's always been a big fan favourite in recent years.

i7EhiirrC41k4.png

• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) vs TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

2012 & 2013 saw the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles switch hands on a number of occasions between just a handful of teams. All four participating teams here held the titles at least once in 2013 and with no no.1 contender to the belts, New Japan decided to hold a 4-way match between the teams to decide things once and for all. The current champions are Nick & Matt Jackson, known as The Young Bucks. They represent Prince Devitt's BULLET CLUB faction and are one of the top tag team on the US indie circuit, holding belts in promotions such as PWG & Dragon Gate USA.

First among their challengers are the Suzuki-gun team of TAKA Michinoku & Taichi, who held the titles for just 26 days before losing them to The Young Bucks. TAKA & Taichi are the dirtiest of heels, pulling every trick in the book to one-up their opponents, but still fell short to the Bucks, who had outside assistance from their BULLET CLUB team-mates.

Next, representing CHAOS, the Forever Hooligans of Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov. An unconventional tag team, Romero & Koslov's contrasting styles led them to tag title runs on two occasions and, despite technically being heels, they are fairly popular with the New Japan crowd.

The fan favourites, however, have to be TIME SPLITTERS of Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA. Shelley, formally of TNA's Motor City Machineguns, has a mixture of technical ability and explosive speed at his disposal, while his Japanese partner KUSHIDA is an exciting, pacey and very agile member of the Jr. Heavyweight roster.

The Jr. Tag Title matches have been a regular highlight of New Japan's PPVs for the past year and with this match it certainly looks like New Japan will kick 2014 off in good style.

ib1KTLQUjjMJJ7.png

• IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) © vs BULLET CLUB ('Machinegun' Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)

The Killer Elite Squad of Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. have taken the New Japan heavyweight tag scene by storm since their formation in 2012. Representing the Suzuki-gun stable, they've held the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles on two occasions, feuding mostly with legendary tag team TenKoji of Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima. Smith & Archer's size and strength has set them firmly as the monsters of the heavyweight tag division and, with age and injuries catching up on TenKoji, it seemed as if there were few worthy challengers left for their championships.

That was until the World Tag League this past month, when BULLET CLUB vice-captain Karl Anderson & the imposing Doc Gallows emerged victorious after a gruelling two-week tournament. Throughout the event Anderson & Gallows showed the sort of power and teamwork that could pose a serious threat to K.E.S. and their titles, so it's sure to be a very hard-hitting affair with no love lost between these members of opposing heel stables when they face off at the Tokyo Dome. 

010413_AJStyles_Returns8db8aa.jpg

"The Phenomenal One" is back! A true Ring of Honor pioneer and one of the greatest wrestlers in the sport today, AJ STYLES, has been signed to compete once again in an ROH ring on January 4th, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee!  

AJ Styles helped put ROH on the map in its early years by displaying his own unique blend of high-flying wrestling and hard hitting strikes. Styles has gone on to be recognized as one of the best wrestlers of our time and recently became the most sought-after free agent in pro wrestling.

After finalizing the deal within the last couple hours we can now officially confirm that the long awaited return of AJ Styles to ROH will kick off 2014 in only 1 week at the Nashville Fairgrounds!

AJ Styles will face "Mr. ROH" Roderick Strong in Nashville in a huge match that will air on ROH TV the weekend of February 1st! It has been 8 years since Styles competed in ROH while Strong has been one of the most consistent competitors in ROH for the last 10 years. We are excited to welcome AJ back but not too sure that Strong will feel the same way.

"I'm excited to return to ROH and the Nashville Fairgrounds.  Lots of history made that I was made that I was part of in both.  Expect more on January 4.  Hope Nashville fans fill that asylum," said AJ

In addition to the return of AJ Styles, January 4th marks the return to ROH action of Chris Hero who battles "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen! Plus Wrestling Legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper will be on hand for a very RARE Meet & Greet Autograph Signing!

ROH is starting 2014 off with bang and we are not slowing down! Don't ever pass up the opportunity to experience ROH live! See why we are the best pro wrestling on the planet with the greatest fans in the world.
Tickets to the biggest television taping in ROH history are available HERE!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

...and I just saw HTTM's teaser video post.  Oh well, more info doesn't hurt.  I'm legit excited for this match.  Roderick Strong is one of the most underrated wrestlers on the planet and these two are certain to put on an incredible show.  Now if only I could have had a Styles/Edwards match...

ibyXOYwt52Zdys.png

• NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway © vs Satoshi Kojima

At the beginning of the year New Japan surprised many fans by announcing a working partnership with the NWA. Although the NWA's stature has fallen greatly in the US, on Japanese shores the name and, more importantly, the NWA World Heavyweight Title still hold some weight. That April, New Japan was promptly invaded by the maniacal Bruce Tharpe-des, NWA President, and former WWE superstar Rob Conway, the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Tharpe's goal has been to simply prove that the NWA is greater than New Japan and that the NWA World Heavyweight Title holds more prestige than the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, but so far Conway's defences have been restricted to lower card matches against veteran workers.

One of them, Satoshi Kojima, came up short in Conway's first defence of the title, but only due to interference from Bruce Tharpe, and now on the biggest stage of the year Kojima looks to add the NWA World Heavyweight Title to his long list of accomplishments. While Conway's performances haven't exactly lit the world on fire, he's a solid worker and if anyone can get a great match out of him, it's Satoshi Kojima.

iKp0SyNQmR305.png

• Special Challenge Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie

This is an odd one. The Gracie Family is one of the most recognisable names from the world of MMA, as is Kazushi Sakuraba who is known as The Gracie Killer. Sakuraba, a veritable MMA legend, returned to pro-wrestling in 2012 with his protoge and former graduate of the NJPW dojo Katsuyori Shibata. Collectively they are known as Laughter7 and made it clear that they don't approve of the flashy, exciting style employed by many New Japan wrestlers, a point emphasised by Shibata's brutal strongstyle wrestling and Sakuraba's dangerous shootstyle techniques.

In a tag match against Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi, Sakuraba took a nasty spill from a backdrop driver and dislocated his elbow. As dictated by the rules of Japanese pro-wrestling, when he returned to fitness he had to face off against Nagata, the man who injured him. After a good contest, Nagata came up on top, but respect was found between the two competitors who first faced off waaaay back in 1995 as part of the famous NJPW vs UWFi feud.

Nagata & Sakuraba then began teaming together to fight mutual enemy Takashi Iizuka of the CHAOS stable, and after securing victory against Iizuka at the World Tag League earlier this month, they were unexpectedly challenged by Daniel & Rolles Gracie, who watched the match from ringside. No one quite knows what to make of this match, or how it will fare compared to the rest of this high-quality card. Also, pro-wrestling & MMA mixtures can often be awkward, messy affairs, but they're usually fairly interesting and there's a chance the stars align and this match ends up surprising everyone. Or, it'll be pretty awful.

I was going through my ignore list and saw that Spyder187 got banned. Wonder what he did other than be a shitstain.
He wrote a blog bitching about Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck. I don't know if that's what got him thrown out but it wouldn't surprise me. He'd been around long enough that I guess he decided cordiality was for suckers.

I remember him trying to act chummy with me via PM just because we both post in this thread and then subsequently trying to screw me out of WWE 13. Good riddance.

I noticed a lot of cheap WWE DVDs at FYE the other day. A lot of good compilations for $12.99 but since I'm out of the loop I didn't really know how recent/old they were.

bread's done
Back