TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

WWE shop has a pretty big discount on DVDs and Blu Rays going on.  Code WINTER gives an additional 20% off on $40 or more.  Unfortunately the 5.99 Mankind and 14.99 Mid-South blus are sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Cage of Death and Final Battle both happened tonight. Seemed like a good showing for both companies. Won't post results due to spoilers, but I think we can expect decent things from CZW and ROH in 2014.

PWG's All Star Weekend 10 is next week. I'm excited for that show... to come out on DVD next year.

She was told by a producer to cut a promo on Beadle for WWE app only the producer didn't tell anyone else. Now her & Punk being punished for it.

Dead crowd, uneventful PPV, topped off by a maybe-something-is-actually-going-to-happen...oh-guess-not main event conclusion. I guess WWE was going for a "this is the first time in 50 years this has happened, except for the last time we did it - it's too important to stain with an angle at the end" feeling.

Shocking that a PPV would be dull, I know.

...but fuck is Cena's usual somber/humble promo after a loss tomorrow going to be great. I can't wait. I bet he'll never give up!

Outside of the Divas title match that PPV was very dull and boring. Even the main event had no real energy or momentum to it. Just felt flat to me. Funny how the WWE keeps acting like this is the first time they've done some kind of title unification match. Nevermind that one they did 12 years ago that Jericho won.

I read the Final Battle 2013 results.

I now have to make time to watch Final Battle 2013.

You win this time, ROH, since I have caught up with PWG. *shakesfist*

Yeah I'm hoping ROH will have Final Battle up by tomorrow night. I'll be watching that instead of RAW for sure. And no I have not read the results as I want to watch it fresh and not knowing what's going to happen.

Wyatts/Bryan was the only one I was really thrilled by.  Everything else was just kinda there.  Pretty telling that I would say Miz/Kofi was my 2nd favorite match on the card.

Wyatts/Bryan was the only one I was really thrilled by. Everything else was just kinda there. Pretty telling that I would say Miz/Kofi was my 2nd favorite match on the card.
I thought both of those matches were terrible. Wyatts/Bryan felt like a very prolonged beat down that eventually in the last few minutes turned into SuperBryan overcoming the odds to win. Miz/Kofi felt emotionless and I have not a single damn to give about the match. Obviously the live crowd felt the same as I did with the very loud "boring" chant.

Maybe I'm too used to watching indies like ROH, DGUSA, etc that for the most part book wrestling matches to be wrestling matches instead of "entertainments" with "sports entertainers." Or maybe I've drifted far enough away from the typical WWE demographic that I simply find whatever that was I watched tonight that the WWE tried to pass off as "entertaining" to be dull. I dunno to be honest but whatever it was.... did not encourage me who has probably watched only a few hours of WWE all year to start watching more often.

Oh, look, someone must have taught Vince what a "selfie" is this week.

Come to think of it, it has been long enough. I fully expect to see a fresh new character show up on Raw at any moment now. The only question is what cutting edge, top-of-mind pop culture trend will the hot young newcomer's gimmick be based on:

High School Musical?
Wardrobe Malfunction?
Snakes on a Plane?
iPods (2nd gen)?

290833_1349949629_large.jpg

^I don't know, bro. You look past the awful angles and what you have is a solid episode of Raw, full of great wrestling. I was pleased to be able to catch this one on TV last night.

a5kWbju.png

Not the way I expected RAW to end .. disappointing.

Even a Wyatt Family run-in with Cena making the save would have been better than what they did. Yeesh.
Not mad. It's just like having a wife that used to be cool but suddenly had a couple of kids, got fat, hates herself and decides she wants to be a constant miserable bitch. It gets tiresome. But hey HBK might fight Punk instead of Bryan... so you got that going for you.

^I don't know, bro. You look past the awful angles and what you have is a solid episode of Raw, full of great wrestling. I was pleased to be able to catch this one on TV last night.
So much of this. That main event was delicious. Orton and Bryan have such great chemistry.

I honestly think if the company portrayed Orton as a badass like Taker or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, he could totally pull it off. In the first few weeks after he got the belt at Summerslam, the matches he put on with Cody and Goldust were damn good. The clean wins Orton was picking up were going a long way to legitimizing the guy. He spent the next two months playing chickenshit heel hiding behind HHH and it totally killed his momentum.

I'm happy with the clean victory over Cena at TLC. His promos the last two weeks have solid too. The main event was a good twenty minute PPV quality match-up on Free TV that ended with a no-finish because it plays into Orton's character. He was never in any real danger of losing the match.

It'd be one thing if Orton was like, "Damn! I'm going to lose this match! What do I do?! What do I do?!" Instead he just had enough of Bryan's shit and low-blowed him to be done for the night, which I found hilarious.

-------------------

Nikke Bella nearly lost a tooth last night. Bloody mouth and all.

rIAG1gx.gif

HDLYvHF.png

The matches were entertaining, but the ending to the show (generic Cena run in, checks on Bryan, gets RKO'd, aaaaand show's over) was what disappointed me.

Not mad. It's just like having a wife that used to be cool but suddenly had a couple of kids, got fat, hates herself and decides she wants to be a constant miserable bitch. It gets tiresome. But hey HBK might fight Punk instead of Bryan... so you got that going for you.
I was going to bring that up, but I figured you've eaten enough shit sammiches.

Wait, I mean....

"bitch bitch bitch, nag nag nag."

WWE is looking to license all of its programming at the same time and greatly increase their fees.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/wwe-aims-to-pin-down-rich-new-tv-rights-deals-exclusive-1200966579/

I just hope that WWE is somehow able to get Raw and Smackdown to air Live on Playstation 4. Or at the very least be able to retain a deal to continue to air their programs on Hulu Plus.
Nice thing I saw in the story was that they're willing to ditch taping Smackdown and do live shows. Which would be nice, as the edits do kill pacing sometimes. Plus since they've replaced Sin Cara, they don't need to heavily edit his matches anymore. :roll:

Looks like the main reason they're trying to get more money is because Nascar just got a big deal. Which is kinda stupid to compare as Nascar doesn't just put boring races on network tv like WWE does with their 3rd rate shows(Saturday Morning Slam, Main Event).

Weird how people get so salty about people actually contributing wrestling talk to a wrestling thread. First Jay and now HTTM? Facebook chat or some shit because the Mean Girls routine got old when Myke and neocisco used to do it.

Aw, that's so sweet. Care to give an actual example to back up your claim?
Weird how people get so salty about people actually contributing wrestling talk to a wrestling thread. First Jay and now HTTM? Facebook chat or some shit because the Mean Girls routine got old when Myke and neocisco used to do it.
It's only some of the insanos in this thread. I don't see this kind of behavior ANYWHERE else. It's like... they're embarrassed to be wrestling fans or something.

Actually, my post was in response to davo's claim that I'm a Mean Girl.  It's easy to make a claim like that when you don't bother to back it up with troublesome facts.  BTW, if I am a Mean Girl, I'm, like, totally the Lacey Chabert character.

It's not the contributing wrestling talk it's the huge ass pictures/gifs/etc that gets highly annoying. Especially when in one post sometimes there's a ton of pics/gifs/etc which drags even my fairly moderate quad core system down quite a bit. So show some restraint or at least put it in a spoiler tag so at least the crap won't auto load in our browsers until we open the spoiler tag.

Jay posted his huge reviews. Myke and company shit ALL over him. People gave Myke and company a total free pass. That had nothing to do with GIFs and videos. 

iXobeDmpxLZqH.gif

The problem with Jay was that the reviews and pictures were huge posts.  The solution was to put them in spoiler tags, not entirely do away with them.  Once he started doing that complaints were few and far between.  HTTM, this same solution has been presented more than once to the large pictures and multiple gifs you post.  Just use the spoiler tags.  You get to post what you want and the people that want to see them get to and those don't, don't.

HTTM you do provide some great commentary around here. But as many of us have said just spoiler tag the gifs and stuff. Not trying to be mean or anything to you okay. Sorry if you are taking it the wrong way and sorry if we seem like "Mean Girls" about it.

(neocisco I get Amy Poehler okay... remember she was in that movie)

It's a wrestling thread!

Most of the time is place is dead unless someone's coming down on me. It's happened multiple times where the thread will go days without a post and I'll throw a image / two or three gifs and you guys just lose your minds. It's silly as hell. The whining is worse than Hart Foundation whiny Bret Hart circa 1997.

Literally every wrestling thread in the WORLD has been cool with this stuff. The only thing that gets spoilered are actual spoilers. The tag exists to hide spoiler information. Not huge posts. Not gifs. Not videos. Its for spoilers. I don't get why it makes you lose your shit. I really don't. And multiple other people have said the same thing. I'm contributing content. Then there's the botchamanias that come through here. Other than that the joint is dead. 

So much of this. That main event was delicious. Orton and Bryan have such great chemistry.

I honestly think if the company portrayed Orton as a badass like Taker or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, he could totally pull it off. In the first few weeks after he got the belt at Summerslam, the matches he put on with Cody and Goldust were damn good. The clean wins Orton was picking up were going a long way to legitimizing the guy. He spent the next two months playing chickenshit heel hiding behind HHH and it totally killed his momentum.

I'm happy with the clean victory over Cena at TLC. His promos the last two weeks have solid too. The main event was a good twenty minute PPV quality match-up on Free TV that ended with a no-finish because it plays into Orton's character. He was never in any real danger of losing the match.

It'd be one thing if Orton was like, "Damn! I'm going to lose this match! What do I do?! What do I do?!" Instead he just had enough of Bryan's shit and low-blowed him to be done for the night, which I found hilarious.

-------------------

Nikke Bella nearly lost a tooth last night. Bloody mouth and all.
Caught a foot with my mouth, that's the breaks, that's the breaks.

You know if she did lose the tooth and DB and her had a kid, I'm pretty sure that baby would be the return of Crispin Wah.

If he was at the taping,  he may have just gotten tired of Twitter. Never know with WWE though.

I'm greatly anticipating the next thread  being titled The Mean Girls Wrestling Thread.

"There is no talk of doing HBK vs. CM Punk and no talk of a potential tag match with HBK and Triple H vs. Punk and Daniel Bryan. If Shawn agrees to come out of retirement, WWE wants it to be for only one match and that match would be against Bryan. The segment with HBK and Punk on Monday's RAW was done so they could save the Punk-HHH confrontation."

Looks like you could be right after all, Zen Davis. Kudos.

I think I'd much rather see Punk-HBK than Bryan-HBK, but that's only because I'd love to see Bryan win the belt at WM and an entire stadium chanting "YES!" to close the show on "the grandest stage of all".

Thanks. The only reason I mentioned it is is that Shawn angles are built up in very specific ways. Usually it involves setting up a history with a person and then letting the matches take place from there. 

Example: HBK/Jericho: Jericho always wanted to be HBK. / HBK/Batista: HBK retired Flair. / HBK/Undertaker: Shawn had to make up for his loss.

Whenever they tie history to an angle involving Shawn Michaels, especially when the promos showed Bryan copying Shawn's moveset at Hell in a Cell, it was clear to see that there was something more to it. No other stories involving wrestlers do this. 

I agree though that I think I might enjoy HBK/Punk more. The two had surprisingly good chemistry on RAW.

I look forward to the inevitable Justin Roberts vs Daniel Bryan feud. You cannot tell me that the necktie choke out was not foreshadowing.

bread's done
Back