TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

If it's a title unification match, shouldn't they save that sorta gimmick until Royal Rumble or something?

To me, TLC is a spot-fest PPV, like Extreme Rules, and angles should be saved for the more important PPVs. They really missed the boat with Survivor Series.

If it's a title unification match, shouldn't they save that sorta gimmick until Royal Rumble or something?

To me, TLC is a spot-fest PPV, like Extreme Rules, and angles should be saved for the more important PPVs. They really missed the boat with Survivor Series.
Well, just look at the first time they merged the World Heavyweight/WWE titles, it was at Vengeance 2001. Which was a pretty boring PPV to fill the spot between Survivor Series & Royal Rumble PPVs.

Like mentioned above, it'll probably end with each one of them grabbing a title just to tease an Undisputed title. Although it would be nice to go back to just one world title, as there are too many belts in the company at the moment. Plus it'll give a better chance to some mid-carders to feud with the guys that main event PPVs.

Just seems like a ploy to give Cena the WWE championship. If they do the ending where they both grab a belt I predict Cena will end up grabbing the WWE Championship and Orton the World Championship.

Are you ready for another non-finish at TLC? They'll do a rematch at the Rumble. Also Xavier Woods is hot garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with a third person stealing both belts/taking Orton's spot as Triple H's favorite.  Maybe Sheamus if he's ready to return? 

Something weird has to happen to cause a stir for that long gap between TLC and the Rumble.

Also Xavier Woods is hot garbage.
Bro, it's only been 2 weeks since he was on TV. He had a great character in NXT. Remember all that negative hype Fandango faced when he was first hyped and introduced to TV?

....Wait a minute... Fandango actually IS garbage. Gawd, Don't go that way, Xavier Woods!

I caught Xavier Woods' debut and barfed in my mouth a little.  Too much was going on.

Here's all of the forced, over-the-top rub they were trying to give him:

- An enthusiastic introduction from R-Truth.

- They gave him Brodus Clay's entrance music and valets.

- Comedy dancing.

I was waiting for Shitswoggle to waddle out and hug his leg.

Oh, yeah.  His catch phrase is a DBZ reference???

I was cranking down on the Corn Alert.

-

Also, Fandango is awesome.

Last edited:
03_dean_Ambrose.jpg

Do you like what you see?

Bro, it's only been 2 weeks since he was on TV. He had a great character in NXT. Remember all that negative hype Fandango faced when he was first hyped and introduced to TV?

....Wait a minute... Fandango actually IS garbage. Gawd, Don't go that way, Xavier Woods!
You know what? That's fair. But his debut has been awful.

tumblr_mwupyhGlSR1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

The Brodus theme and valets actually fit Xavier Woods 10 times better than Brodus Clay himself.

I hope they take this opportunity and run with it, and turn Brodus into a monster heel. It's gotta be better than what they are doing with him now (see: nothing).

The Brodus theme and valets actually fit Xavier Woods 10 times better than Brodus Clay himself.

I hope they take this opportunity and run with it, and turn Brodus into a monster heel. It's gotta be better than what they are doing with him now (see: nothing).
You are right. At this point the Funkadactyls are way more relevant than Brodus is in the WWE. Them being teamed up with Xavier Woods Can give him a bit of an edge into getting over with the crowd. Heck even Tensai seems to be moving on He is rugularly doing commentary in NXT and heck i like him there better than with Brodus.

Heck according to the interwebs:
there might be signs of change coming up with Brodus on Smackdown Friday. Might be what we've all been hoping for.

My fantasy booking would have Daniel Bryan and CM Punk coming out during the TLC match, dumping Cena and Orton, grabbing the titles and Yesing until the PPV goes off the air.  Real booking probably either has the double finish or Big Show "shocking" the world yet again with heel turn # 91,231.

My fantasy booking is going to have Bray Wyatt turn Bryan heel against CM Punk at TLC. This will lead to a match at the Rumble. Bryan will lose. Punk will win the rumble and face Randy Orton for the WHC at Wrestlemania. Bryan will be berated by Wyatt for losing the match and turn on Wyatt. At Elimination Chamber, Bryan will nearly beat Wyatt when HBK will interfere setting up Bryan / HBK at Wrestlemania.

Looks like they screwed up wording the match at TLC during Raw and corrected it judging by SD's spoilers.  Because now WWE's site isn't mentioning title for title anymore.  They updated it with an "interview" with Triple H that mentions that they're unifying the titles(saying it's because the brand extension is done and only need one world champion).   So it is going to be for the Undisputed WWE Championship.

Oh, yeah. His catch phrase is a DBZ reference???

-

Also, Fandango is awesome.
You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

I don't know about awesome, but he's definitely good in the ring. He even had a good series of matches with the returning Tyson Kidd.

You are right. At this point the Funkadactyls are way more relevant than Brodus is in the WWE. Them being teamed up with Xavier Woods Can give him a bit of an edge into getting over with the crowd.
Agreed. How are Woods' mic skills? I think that's what is holding Kofi Kingston back and it would be shame to see it happen to another talented guy.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

I don't know about awesome, but he's definitely good in the ring. He even had a good series of matches with the returning Tyson Kidd.
You're right. I am making it sound like a bad thing. Decade+ old Internet memes should only be seen in the Wal-Mart shirt department.

I actually like Woods, though. That debut was just funny because of how hard they were trying to rub him up super shiny.

My fantasy booking is Hogan coming out to Gangrel's theme and hitting Cena and Orton with a double hurricsnrana while they are standing on top if the ladder.

493197-gobbledy_gooker.jpg

Happy (American) Thanksgiving Day, CAGers! My family don't like turkey that much, so we're just gonna celebrate with some Boston Market chicken.

I like how on CAG 3.0 you can type Goobledy Gooker without the "gook" part getting censored.

*Obviously that's the only reason I'd ever use that term.

This show was a lot of fun. Ion as the BroMans personal DJ rules - as does their ramp-running fist bumping. The horn effect is great and Dewey and Barnes as a turkey-suited tag team could work in a Mulkeymania kinda way...maybe at best. IT'S THE TITLE NO ONE WANTS cracked me up to no end. The Aces burial skit was amazing - it wasn't quite on par with the Team 3D funeral, but was nearly as good and way better than I thought it would be. TNA may not be all that good at big picture booking, but they're goddamned great at booking funerals...The main event was fun, and the show-ending skit was a hoot.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/

Screens -

I thought that was held by Big E?

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/7lrmmpj8kwpjrt3mdrntdu4bh9jcugj1

Has the WWE Shop really had any decent sales this week? I know I usually pick up at least a couple DVD sets for under $10 total, but I've not seen anything good at all.

Observing New Japan adopt the "sports entertainment" ideology has been interesting.

So fashionable. WWE should take notes.
tumblr_mw3mxmNkAV1qj1jhno1_500.jpg

Now I'm not gay, but those are some well dressed Japanese men.

Full card:

1 Daniel Gracie and Rolles Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba and Yuji Nagata Tag team match

2 The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Forever Hooligans(Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero) vs. Suzukigun (Taichi and Taka Michinoku) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley and Kushida) Four-way tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

3 Prince Devitt (c) vs. Kota Ibushi Singles match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

4 Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi Singles match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship

5 Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito Singles match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Show is January 4th, 2014. Starting time is 4am EST.

Was there ever any more news on his neck injury? I saw something about it maybe happening during the NXT match, but never heard anything on the severity of it.

Richards has a history of being unprofessional and not showing up to shows he has agreed to. PWG fans know what I'm talking about. He vacated both their World and Tag Titles by not showing up for shows. He's even stolen money from promoters and ran off without wrestling the match he was hired to do (he gave the money back later). 

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/7/30/3204724/davey-richards-allegedly-takes-350-and-runs-before-planned-indy-match

I'm not surprised that he is bailing on Ring of Honor.

You mean Davey's side of the story where he admits he stole $350 from a promoter, didn't perform, and left? Man I know you got a stick up your ass when it comes to me, but don't let it get to the point where you're defending thievery.

Richards was also stripped of the NJPW tag titles as well after he missed shows for them. I imagine that he will do good in the WWE for a time being. If he does get over, he will get an attitude and they will BURY him hard. I'm far more interested in Eddie Edwards. He is a better promo and his matches are always more interesting. They're setup like Punk's in a lot of ways. He will be a good tier-two guy like Jericho. He's got a great hired goon look.

KENTA vs. Eddie Edwards - This one's for you Scorch. Pretty straightfoward match though. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkTgQs1cqc[/youtube]

SPOILERS
1461406_423000437829352_1156915359_n.jpg

Although this is months away, I applaud WWE for apparently going strange places with their storylines.

Edit: Oh my god, I just noticed...MAY 19TH. It all makes sense now?

Enjoy man. The match is from before Edwards and Richards started tagging and Edwards became a name on the independent system. It's mostly a showcase for KENTA but there are a couple of cool spots there against the gaijin. 

Adam Pearce is heading to Florida for developmental as a guest trainer. Eddie Edwards is still booked for Final Battle 2013.  

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m23aFZ7gCuQ[/youtube]

Also NJPW has a show on Tuesday at 4:30AM on Ustream. Their revenue has gone up like 500% thanks to opening their up their shows to iPPV, Ustream, and streaming in Japan. The fact their product is absolutely brilliant probably helps. Apparently companies using Ustream have almost no problem with their iPPVs. 

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw#allp

Full Card: http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=790

Kota Ibushi vs. Prince Devitt sounds utterly amazing at Wrestle Kingdom 8. I'll definitely be ordering it. 

As reported recently, WWE’s newly released History of WWE DVD and Blu-ray features a peculiar edit as the historic WrestleMania III match pitting Hulk Hogan against Andre the Giant is strictly shown from a singular camera angle (there is also no commentary present in the match). According to WrestlingDVDNews.com, there is a “major reason” for this oddity.
The reason is spoilered because it's a lot of text:

The website, which receives firsthand and leaked news from sources within WWE concerning video releases, is claiming that according to a “reliable source,” the bout is being shown from the “hard cam” point of view due to the presence of former ring announcer and behind-the-scenes worker Mel Phillips in the background.

For those unaware, Phillips was exposed as a pedophile who frequently took advantage of underage males he supervised setting up rings at live events, who came from broken homes and troubled backgrounds. Tom Cole, who worked for WWE as a ring attendant in the 1980s and 1990s when he was underage through young adulthood, hurled charges against his former employer that resulted in the resignation of three longtime employees and helped fuel a sex scandal that plagued the company for years. He went public in 1992 with claims that wrestler-turned-front-office employee Terry Garvin attempted to seduce him two years earlier when he was nineteen and that he had been sexually harassed at the age of thirteen by Phillips. WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart claimed in his 2007 autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, that both Garvin and Phillips, as well as Pat Patterson, resigned in March of that year, “as a result of the allegations of sexual conduct.” Only Patterson was ever re-hired.

Stating the following as a rumor, the website is claiming that one alleged victim of Phillips continues to watch WWE programming today and says he suffers “flashbacks” when seeing his face again in old footage. It is said that this individual has threatened a lawsuit against WWE if Phillips isn’t removed from future presentations of old footage. Phillips, who appeared as a ring attendant at WrestleMania III, sat ringside during the Hogan vs. Andre match and can been seen on camera during the original airing. It was suggested to the website that WWE opted to feature the match from the “hard cam” so that Philips is not visible.

Cole addressed his past as recently as 2011 in an interview with Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier, where he recalled Phillips having an unhealthy fascination with his feet.

“When you’re twelve or thirteen-years-old and you think this guy is wrestling with you, and then he grabs your foot, maybe part of you doesn’t want to believe it or part of you wants to block it out,” Cole said. “I just didn’t have an answer for it. Who would have told you at that age that some guy wants to play with your feet?”

Cole also noted of Phillips in this interview with Wrestling Perspective, “When you started getting older, he started calling less. Once that happened, he started calling less, but I still went to the shows at [Madison Square Garden]. I’d just show up. But he was like trying to get rid of you. He liked the younger kids who couldn’t give him a problem about it or didn’t realize that there was something wrong with it.”

In the interview with Mooneyham, Cole also discussed declining Garvin’s sexual advances, as he recalled spending a night freezing in a van after doing so. “Listen Terry, I came from nothing and I can go back to having nothing,” Cole recalled telling Garvin. “If this is what this job entails, then I don’t necessarily need the job. And I didn’t have the job after that.”

Garvin died in 1998, while the whereabouts of Phillips are currently publicly unknown. Phillips was in the news as recently as 2008 as it was reported on some websites that Hulk Hogan’s former WWF Championship belt, which Mr. Perfect destroyed on a 1989 episode of Saturday’s Night Main Event, was being auctioned off on eBay due to a Phillips estate sale.

You mean Davey's side of the story where he admits he stole $350 from a promoter, didn't perform, and left? Man I know you got a stick up your ass when it comes to me, but don't let it get to the point where you're defending thievery.
It's more because the article you linked to only told ONE side of the story. The promoter's side. Therefore I linked to Davey's side which clearly you the poor CAG's Dave Meltzer wouldn't have done. Do I agree with what Davey did? No. Especially because it took away a chance the fans who paid money to see him. But in all fairness his side of the story is worth taking into consideration even if you disagree with it.

On that note I will agree with you on Davey's issues. And now with him burying the ROH title in a recent interview I can't see him lasting in the WWE if he pulls that kind of immaturity backstage. ROH at least tried to be polite in how they wrote him out of the company instead of outright saying why.

The reason is spoilered because it's a lot of text:

The website, which receives firsthand and leaked news from sources within WWE concerning video releases, is claiming that according to a “reliable source,” the bout is being shown from the “hard cam” point of view due to the presence of former ring announcer and behind-the-scenes worker Mel Phillips in the background.

For those unaware, Phillips was exposed as a pedophile who frequently took advantage of underage males he supervised setting up rings at live events, who came from broken homes and troubled backgrounds. Tom Cole, who worked for WWE as a ring attendant in the 1980s and 1990s when he was underage through young adulthood, hurled charges against his former employer that resulted in the resignation of three longtime employees and helped fuel a sex scandal that plagued the company for years. He went public in 1992 with claims that wrestler-turned-front-office employee Terry Garvin attempted to seduce him two years earlier when he was nineteen and that he had been sexually harassed at the age of thirteen by Phillips. WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart claimed in his 2007 autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, that both Garvin and Phillips, as well as Pat Patterson, resigned in March of that year, “as a result of the allegations of sexual conduct.” Only Patterson was ever re-hired.

Stating the following as a rumor, the website is claiming that one alleged victim of Phillips continues to watch WWE programming today and says he suffers “flashbacks” when seeing his face again in old footage. It is said that this individual has threatened a lawsuit against WWE if Phillips isn’t removed from future presentations of old footage. Phillips, who appeared as a ring attendant at WrestleMania III, sat ringside during the Hogan vs. Andre match and can been seen on camera during the original airing. It was suggested to the website that WWE opted to feature the match from the “hard cam” so that Philips is not visible.

Cole addressed his past as recently as 2011 in an interview with Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier, where he recalled Phillips having an unhealthy fascination with his feet.

“When you’re twelve or thirteen-years-old and you think this guy is wrestling with you, and then he grabs your foot, maybe part of you doesn’t want to believe it or part of you wants to block it out,” Cole said. “I just didn’t have an answer for it. Who would have told you at that age that some guy wants to play with your feet?”

Cole also noted of Phillips in this interview with Wrestling Perspective, “When you started getting older, he started calling less. Once that happened, he started calling less, but I still went to the shows at [Madison Square Garden]. I’d just show up. But he was like trying to get rid of you. He liked the younger kids who couldn’t give him a problem about it or didn’t realize that there was something wrong with it.”

In the interview with Mooneyham, Cole also discussed declining Garvin’s sexual advances, as he recalled spending a night freezing in a van after doing so. “Listen Terry, I came from nothing and I can go back to having nothing,” Cole recalled telling Garvin. “If this is what this job entails, then I don’t necessarily need the job. And I didn’t have the job after that.”

Garvin died in 1998, while the whereabouts of Phillips are currently publicly unknown. Phillips was in the news as recently as 2008 as it was reported on some websites that Hulk Hogan’s former WWF Championship belt, which Mr. Perfect destroyed on a 1989 episode of Saturday’s Night Main Event, was being auctioned off on eBay due to a Phillips estate sale.
Weird, WWE themselves released the full entire match on its Youtube channel and it wasnt from a single camera angle and it had commentary too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOCqV23VkXU

It's more because the article you linked to only told ONE side of the story. The promoter's side. Therefore I linked to Davey's side which clearly you the poor CAG's Dave Meltzer wouldn't have done. Do I agree with what Davey did? No. Especially because it took away a chance the fans who paid money to see him. But in all fairness his side of the story is worth taking into consideration even if you disagree with it.

On that note I will agree with you on Davey's issues. And now with him burying the ROH title in a recent interview I can't see him lasting in the WWE if he pulls that kind of immaturity backstage. ROH at least tried to be polite in how they wrote him out of the company instead of outright saying why.
Fair enough. You're right.

My primary consideration was that his side of the story never disavows or excuses the fact that he showed up for a show, took the money, and left. He gave it back and he said he felt mistreated by the promoter, but he never addresses why he thought it was okay to steal the money in first place.

That said, I need to see the interview he gave about the ROH titles. I've jumped off the ROH bandwagon about two years ago. With PWG and Japan making inroads, I've seen no reason to go back.

Fair enough. You're right.

My primary consideration was that his side of the story never disavows or excuses the fact that he showed up for a show, took the money, and left. He gave it back and he said he felt mistreated by the promoter, but he never addresses why he thought it was okay to steal the money in first place.

That said, I need to see the interview he gave about the ROH titles. I've jumped off the ROH bandwagon about two years ago. With PWG and Japan making inroads, I've seen no reason to go back.
I'm thinking he probably justified stealing the money was some kind of "well you mistreat me so I'll take something from you in return so you know how it feels to be mistreated." Right thing to do? No. Even if you are mistreated by a boss at work you still have to do the job you are hired to do. Especially more so when it's an entertainment one where people are paying to see you.

Here's a recent news article that mentions said interview and more in regards to Davey Richards. I put it in spoilers it since it's a bit longish.

Source = http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/305550/UPDATED:whistle2:-What-Led-to-Davey-Richards-Parting-Ways-with-Ring-of-Honor?.htm

ORIGINAL:

- PWInsider reports that Davey Richards issued his announcement of his parting of ways with Ring of Honor after he was informed that he would no longer be booked with the promotion for Final Battle on December 14. The belief among wrestlers is that Richards made his farewell on his own and not part of a planned ROH angle.

Richards was also reportedly "unbooked" from the last set of ROH shows in Ohio and Michigan because the promotion was upset about comments he made in the British magazine, Total Wrestling, saying the ROH titles were not as important as they were previously portrayed.

Following this, Richards was said to have gotten himself back on the dates and made it a point to claim in front of the locker room that his comments from the magazine were incorrect and taken out of context, per several ROH talents. Richards was also reportedly unhappy with the plans for his last scheduled appearance at the Final Battle event, which could have factored into ROH removing him from the show. The report also states that according to a number of sources, the tryout Richards had in WWE with NXT did not have any bearing on the situation that led to his exit.

Richards' tag team partner, Eddie Edwards, is still set to appear at Final Battle on December 14 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

UPDATE:

- Wrestlezone.com reports that according to several sources in ROH, many within the company believe Davey Richards is a habitual, pathological liar. One person reportedly said, "Davey Richards lied about quitting wrestling a million times. He's burned bridges in Japan because he's a liar. He lied to New Japan about being in a car wreck. He lied to [Pro Wrestling] Noah about a neck injury."

Someone noted on the retraction of his aforementioned comments from Total Wrestling Magazine, "it's the only time he was honest. He really thinks badly of ROH, never wanted to lose to Steen and none of the boys like him. His locker room speech was a joke because he said he doesn't lie, but that was a lie."

ROH reportedly tried to protect Richards and not reveal the "real" reason of why he was not booked at Final Battle. However, the interview where he buried ROH was the last straw

Also while Edwards is finishing up with Ring of Honor, the report indicates that while the locker room is happy to see Richards leave, many ROH employees will miss not having Edwards as part of the company because he was generally well liked. It's also possible Edwards could return to ROH if WWE decides to pass on him, whereas Richards mentioned that he was "gone for good" when he talked about parting ways with the promotion.

Thanks for that update. I'm not surprised that people didn't like him in the back. Now that I think about it, Davey also bailed on the Evolve promotion as well. I honestly doubt he'll make it in the WWE. He seems like he's going in with more baggage into development than any other talent signed by the WWE in recent memory, other than someone with an arrest record. 

As much as I've enjoyed watching Richards, there's always been a nagging feeling of an undercurrent of disingenuousness about him.  I've always had a hard time buying him as face because he's always come across to me as someone who wouldn't have any problem at all being a dick heel.

Has the WWE Shop really had any decent sales this week? I know I usually pick up at least a couple DVD sets for under $10 total, but I've not seen anything good at all.
25% off today with CYBER and free shipping on $15 or more. Not a hell of a lot but the Punk Second City Saint Shirt is $7.50 after discount and I also ordered a Macho Man purple shirt for about $12.

bread's done
Back