TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

I tried to watch that Bo Dallas video for 10 seconds but due to its horrible 1995 video on CD-ROM quality (hey Wing Commander 3 says hello by the way) I quit watching. You'd think Zen Davis HeroToTheMasses could at least post videos that are of quality and are watchable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, was just coming to post the same thing. I probably have everything I need already but just wanted to look through themes for any I may have forgotten about. On a related note, I fucking hate Goldberg's WWE theme. It's like Flair's WWF theme from the early 90's. Crappy soundalike that comes off like total amateur hour.
Someone needs to let Scorch out of the CAG cellar.

I thought Scorch left, not a fan of CAG 3.0.  It seems like several regulars here decided to move on with the site downgrade upgrade.

Yeah we lost quite a few regulars since the switch to CAG 3.0. Most notably mykevermin and of course Scorch. Too bad we can't also lose the Zen Davis clone to at least balance things out.

Too bad we can't lose the people with a stiffy for "Zen Davis". I'd rather have someone who contributes actual wrestling material to a wrestling thread, even if I don't care about it.

Scorch is missed but Myke had a "it's still real to me!" type breakdown when he realized that CM Punk's anti-authority storyline was a gimmick.

On Topic: I hope All Japan survives. It's been beat down by politics so much over the years and I'm honestly not even sure who wrestles exclusively for them any more.

Too bad we can't lose the people with a stiffy for "Zen Davis". I'd rather have someone who contributes actual wrestling material to a wrestling thread, even if I don't care about it.

Scorch is missed but Myke had a "it's still real to me!" type breakdown when he realized that CM Punk's anti-authority storyline was a gimmick.

On Topic: I hope All Japan survives. It's been beat down by politics so much over the years and I'm honestly not even sure who wrestles exclusively for them any more.
I'm not this Zen Davis guy people keep talking about.

And the gifs I post aren't really random or meant to troll either. I visit the wrestling thread on Neogaf and people there put a lot of time and effort into making those gifs. I just post them here to share.

I'm legit shook some people take the gifs to heart so much. Everyone at GAF just takes them as is and is cool as hell about it. I know there'll be the inevitable "Get out of here and stay at GAF cause here at CAG we don't go for that shit" comment someone throws my way, but I know people don't have time to scour every site on the net so why not post here.

I personally chalk the asshole ehavior of people like Spyder to internet bullying, which is why I'm going out of my way to ignore them. They're not going to get a reaction from me because I honestly don't care. Back to topic - What are some good All Japan matches to check out?

I personally chalk the asshole ehavior of people like Spyder to internet bullying, which is why I'm going out of my way to ignore them. They're not going to get a reaction from me because I honestly don't care.
be-a-star-logo.jpg

I don't know what those guys at GAF are doing that make their GIFs so difficult to make, but I regularly make GIFs, and it takes 10-20 minutes dependent on if I have to edit pieces into them.

Just a straight-up GIF transfer, about three to five minutes. And that accounts for the time it takes to capture, open programs, upload, and possibly take a piss.

KjraADe.gif

I do more elaborate ones for tennis, where I do frame-by-frame edits, and those have taken maybe 20 minutes tops.

Myke's departure is the most felt. I respect him as much as I can a person on the Internet in a wrasslin thread on a video game deals forum.

-

http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

It had been a while since I last watched ROH.

Glad to hear Steve Corino back on commentary. He makes Kevin Kelly tolerable. Example: Corino referring to a neckbreaker as "The Sorensen Special" made me chuckle.

Eddie Kingston and Homicide make one heck of a team. I love their gimmick with the masks and business casual attire. Good imagery.

And Paul London and Roderick Strong put together a fantastic match. Must-see. Probably one of the matches I've seen this year.

I really respect neocisco and I wish he would post more often.  He provides thoughtful insight along with the occasional bon mot.  I just think he's the bee's knees.

I'm around. I occasionally catch Raw, but that's about it. Now that Bryan and Punk are out of the title picture and the focus is on Cena and Orton (AGAIN), it's just not that interesting.

I've been playing a lot of WWE '14, though. It's fantastic.

Regarding themes.. I don't know of any site that regularly posts themes anymore. As someone suggested, using Youtube to find a theme then converting it through a site seems to be the way to go. The only additional step I took after using a site to get a theme was running it through Audacity and changing a few things to give it that arena echo that they started adding since '12. Some people on YouTube are uploading themes with arena effects already applied to them, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbciWWb8hGw for Primo and Epico Los Matadores. Here's a good one for Goldberg, because, I agree, his WWE theme is terrible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dda7MlCPRkM. On YouTube, just search for "(wrestler) theme arena effect".

I'm around. I occasionally catch Raw, but that's about it. Now that Bryan and Punk are out of the title picture and the focus is on Cena and Orton (AGAIN), it's just not that interesting.

I've been playing a lot of WWE '14, though. It's fantastic.

Regarding themes.. I don't know of any site that regularly posts themes anymore. As someone suggested, using Youtube to find a theme then converting it through a site seems to be the way to go. The only additional step I took after using a site to get a theme was running it through Audacity and changing a few things to give it that arena echo that they started adding since '12. Some people on YouTube are uploading themes with arena effects already applied to them, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbciWWb8hGw for Primo and Epico Los Matadores. Here's a good one for Goldberg, because, I agree, his WWE theme is terrible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dda7MlCPRkM. On YouTube, just search for "(wrestler) theme arena effect".
Shut up, Zen Davis.

Oh, wait... 8-[

Not impressed with this DGUSA stream so far. Tons of buffering. Major let down.

Edit: Much better the last few matches. Did have one or two very brief pauses but I can live with that.

The DGUSA card looked pretty good. I may have to buy it later.
The first half of the iPPV was okayish outside of the Elimination Match. The second half of the iPPV on the other hand... just..... WOW! Easily worth ordering it on demand just for the second half. Three amazing matches where it just felt like each match was playing a game of "can we top the previous match" and somehow each match did exactly just that.

Done with 2k14 after a week (bought it during the Target sale). Man, Yukes is lazy. Speed things up a bit and re-skin Attitude Era as a WM mode. Not that this is a different approach than any other sports game, but I don't buy those so I have no reason to complain about 'em.

Universe mode still feels totally pointless even with the middling additions (oh, last time they shook hands after the match, but this time they attacked each other!) They need to figure out a way to make that mode have purpose. Right now the "purpose" seems to be me simulating 90% of the matches and seeing a bunch of news feeds telling me that "the feud between Jinder Mahal and Big John Studd has gotten out of control!!!!!1!!1"

Fortunately I didn't even use my online pass so I'll probably get a decent amount of my money back.

I hope they're starting over a bit for the new consoles, because this shit is so tired.

Done with 2k14 after a week (bought it during the Target sale). Man, Yukes is lazy. Speed things up a bit and re-skin Attitude Era as a WM mode. Not that this is a different approach than any other sports game, but I don't buy those so I have no reason to complain about 'em.

Universe mode still feels totally pointless even with the middling additions (oh, last time they shook hands after the match, but this time they attacked each other!) They need to figure out a way to make that mode have purpose. Right now the "purpose" seems to be me simulating 90% of the matches and seeing a bunch of news feeds telling me that "the feud between Jinder Mahal and Big John Studd has gotten out of control!!!!!1!!1"

Fortunately I didn't even use my online pass so I'll probably get a decent amount of my money back.

I hope they're starting over a bit for the new consoles, because this shit is so tired.
Pitfallharry: You owe me an apology and a handshake! You can keep the apology but I'm not leaving this ring until I get my handshake... and I want my handshake NOW!

The first half of the iPPV was okayish outside of the Elimination Match. The second half of the iPPV on the other hand... just..... WOW! Easily worth ordering it on demand just for the second half. Three amazing matches where it just felt like each match was playing a game of "can we top the previous match" and somehow each match did exactly just that.
How was Hero/Gargano?

Xavier Woods debut may have been the highlight of the night for me. The nerds are invading the main roster.

Yeah, definitely happy to see him on the main roster even if it was with no hype.  Hopefully the crowd will take to him.

I need to catch the replay but it looked like one of the Usos completely cleared the Wyatt Family on the dive to the outside and landed on his face Undertaker/Sim Snuka style.

I watched another KENTA match, this one against Bryan Danielson.  These two are, iMO, pretty much the best when it comes to combining hard-hitting and high-flying styles.  Give it a watch if you feel so inclined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOXflTy9weQ

How was Hero/Gargano?
I was at both DGUSA shows, and Hero/Gargano was really good. To me, Trent Baretta vs. Rich Swann was MOTN at the moment, but after a few days of reflection, I think Hero's was better at telling a story. The crowd went crazy when Gargano gave Hero a Pedigree, and when Hero immediately kicked out at one. Many, including myself, legit believed that Hero could win the title off Gargano, since the Young Bucks losing the titles to the Bravados the night before was not a match that was planned in advance (Hero appearance and Horiguchi absence shuffled much of the card), and thought the same could happen the next day. The crowd, the match, the drama was all there. I'll probably buy this DVD... when it comes out in 2015 (lol).

Last night's Raw was fun, albeit marred heavily by the Divas Musical Chairs segment and the awful (to me) musical guests. I guess Big E's IC title win, Xavier Woods (Ph.D) and the 30 minute long (!) 12-man tag including the return of Rey Mysterio almost (and I stress, ALMOST... It was just that bad) offsets that. And who wouldn't love a guy shoved into a big drum and getting kaBONGed with a guitar?

I was at both DGUSA shows, and Hero/Gargano was really good. To me, Trent Baretta vs. Rich Swann was MOTN at the moment, but after a few days of reflection, I think Hero's was better at telling a story. The crowd went crazy when Gargano gave Hero a Pedigree, and when Hero immediately kicked out at one. Many, including myself, legit believed that Hero could win the title off Gargano, since the Young Bucks losing the titles to the Bravados the night before was not a match that was planned in advance (Hero appearance and Horiguchi absence shuffled much of the card), and thought the same could happen the next day. The crowd, the match, the drama was all there. I'll probably buy this DVD... when it comes out in 2015 (lol).

Last night's Raw was fun, albeit marred heavily by the Divas Musical Chairs segment and the awful (to me) musical guests. I guess Big E's IC title win, Xavier Woods (Ph.D) and the 30 minute long (!) 12-man tag including the return of Rey Mysterio almost (and I stress, ALMOST... It was just that bad) offsets that. And who wouldn't love a guy shoved into a big drum and getting kaBONGed with a guitar?
Fantastic review man! Thank you! :) Will definitely give it a look!

New Coltcast up, this week is Steve Austin.  Also, Colt gives a bit of news info as well.

I watched another KENTA match, this one against Bryan Danielson. These two are, iMO, pretty much the best when it comes to combining hard-hitting and high-flying styles. Give it a watch if you feel so inclined.
Just watched! Hell of a match! Thanks for the link.

I've watched a few other KENTA / Danielson bouts and it feels like Danielson has never beat KENTA in Japan.

American-Pitbulls.jpg

Guess who is moving up to the big leagues. "The American Pitbulls" make their NXT debut.

It's crazy but but between Punk, Daniel, Ambrose, Rollins, Harper, and Usos, Reigns, Rhodes brothers, and Bray Wyatt, the main event at Raw was filled with nothing but indie talent or second generation superstars. The only new WWE bred talent they had was Erick Rowan. That Lyger Bomb spot was AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwSM1FEi3cs

Bo is awesome. I always love the delusional heels.

-

Anyone remember these action figures?

2hd5mbm.jpg

If anyone has any and wants to sell them, PM me. I'm trying to boost my collection.

Last edited:
Bo is awesome. I always love the delusional heels.

-

Anyone remember these action figures?

2hd5mbm.jpg

If anyone has any and wants to sell them, PM me. I'm trying to boost my collection.
High-five man! Bo knows. :)

What are those action figures by the way? Sorry. I don't know if I've ever seen them before.

Looks like William Regal personally went to HHH and convinced him to hire The American Wolves. They've been brought on for a short three month contract and it looks like they'll be brought over to Smackdown eventually to see if they can get themselves over. I'm fucking excited!

I don't know what it is but something about that match just seemed off. No one stopped even for a second to milk the reaction and a lot of the spots just seemed slow.

I don't know what it is but something about that match just seemed off. No one stopped even for a second to milk the reaction and a lot of the spots just seemed slow.
I think that's a product of the numbers...basically not being able to use most of the ropes or two of the corners because of all the guys on the apron. Bryan even had to get a cameraman out of the way so he could get up to the top in his own team's corner.

Not surprising?  Bland renames.  Very surprising?  WWE pushing an actual tag team.

Muta, as much as they'll be missed in PWG, they'll be missed even more, at least IMO, in ROH.  But yes, they definitely deserve hefty paychecks.  Here's hoping they don't have to water down their moveset too much (but I won't hold my breath).

Davey only wrestles one style of match. That seemed to be the problem Hero suffered from.

But Eddie could do very well because his pacing already feels like a WWE match. His Boston accent is also unmistakable and would help him definitely get over in MA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jWdJCvgJnPY

Tonight marks 20 years since I started watching WWF/WWE full time. Back then, Survivor Series took place on Thanksgiving Eve.

My first PPV was where Owen Hart turned heel. It was also Bobby Heenan's last pay per view before he left for WCW.

John Cahill (Davey Richards) and Eric Philbin (Eddie Edwards). Not the worst WWE has done.
Johnny Cahill works better for Richards, I think.

As for Edwards,

qtfdAGu.jpg

Not surprising? Bland renames. Very surprising? WWE pushing an actual tag team.

Muta, as much as they'll be missed in PWG, they'll be missed even more, at least IMO, in ROH. But yes, they definitely deserve hefty paychecks. Here's hoping they don't have to water down their moveset too much (but I won't hold my breath).

Fair point. :)

I've watched a lot of ROH, but, these days, only have time for PWG.

-

And Goldust hit an Infrared on Castagnoli. Now I've seen it all.

bread's done
Back