TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

I wouldn't. They made their own bed, years ago (when they chose to push names instead of talent), and now they have to sleep in it.
So they should just roll over and die? Leaving tons of talented names out of job, WWE as the sole option for non-Indy wrestling (don't act like ROH is anything more than king of the Indys)?

fuck that. Say what you will about the general shittyness of TNA for well the last 8 years or so, but there have been genuine moments of greatness. Theyre hit (Bully) or miss (Sabin) as for successfully building up new main eventers, but they've tried. The people running the company in the past (Russo, Jarrett, Hogan, Bishoff) have all been pretty shitty, but I'm always willing to give them another shot. Granted, by this point it's a wait and see mentality, but the AJ thing is kind of interesting and the tournament for the secondary-world champion seems like it could go somewhere. Hopefully they stick around another 6 months. I'd like if they can put together some interesting TV by then.

So how would you guys turn TNA around?
It's pretty easy. Have AJ defend the belt in ROH / Japan / Mexico. Have him basically go on a world tour for like 3-4 months. Meanwhile, have someone (doesn t really matter, but probably a face) win the belt and then drop it to Bully in those 3-4 months. Then have Bully call out AJ and have them blow off the feud at an actual PPV, with actual buildup. Probably should be some kinda ECW-level, brutal blowoff. Get as R-Rated as possible. TNA going forward should appeal to the older, attitude/ECW fan. They should make WWE look tame and cute. "Where wrestling matters" right?

To that extent, use the X-Division to build up newer stars. Like in the past, open it to all weight-limits. Like a pseudo-hardcore title, just without the over-abundance of gimmick matches. The older X stars like Sabin and Aries should give the rub to newer more proven dudes and then move onto the main event. When AJ returns, that same PPV should be the end of a "season" with all the story lines reset after. They should have writers writing out the next year+ worth of ideas. And they should definitely retcon some aspects of previous storylines. Don't just ignore Aces, and the horrible Joseph Parks shit, just address and move on. Shared continuity is hot right now, as evidence by the Marvel movie franchise.

Lastly, build the tag team and KO division back up. Theyre should be 5-7 contenders per division. Bring in outside teams and women. Make it seem like TNA is more Worldwide than the so-called World Wrestling Entertainment.

They can't match the WWE no matter what. They'll likely never be Number 1 or even close, but they can be the de-facto number 2 company. They can be everything the WWE isn't, appealing to those nostalgic for the late 90s, as well as those who are hardcore indy fans. Take it slow and steady and I bet by 2020 TNA pulls in some bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Rat In A Six-Sided Cage: Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan Is Reportedly Buying TNA Wrestling
By Brandon Stroud / 11.04.13
| Tweet
| Like 100

Concert_1383577466.jpg
(via Getty Image)
Here’s something you may not know: Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins loves pro wrestling and runs his own independent wrestling promotion. He’s even made local furniture commercials about it.

The reason I say you may not know this is because Corgan’s involvement in wrestling gets discovered by someone at a mainstream sports blog every few months, they write it up as a breaking story and it circulates as Hot Newz until people start tweeting me with OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? Yes. Yes I can. I watched his promotion’s match at National Pro Wrestling Day this year. It was horrible. (Yes, National Pro Wrestling Day is a thing.)

So, speaking of Billy Corgan and horrible wrestling, today’s big rumor is that Corgan is interested in purchasing TNA Wrestling, aka Impact Wrestling, aka The Place Where All The WWE Guys Go When WWE Doesn’t Want Them Anymore, And Also Samoa Joe Is There. Catch the news the first time it goes around!

Via Alternative Nation:

“I have heard from a second hand source who is close to a key figure in the rumored TNA Wrestling sales discussions who has verified that Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan is far along in his talks to purchase the company. This source went as far to say that he believes it is a “done deal” that Corgan will buy TNA, though the source didn’t know what percentage Corgan will be purchasing or the specifics of the deal. The source also says that Corgan has recently made a connection to somebody very wealthy, though it is not known if this party would have anything to do with the deal.”

I’ve been following up with various “dirt sheets” that report wrestling news to see if anyone has any additional information, but “report” in the wrestling journalism world means “copy and paste whatever paragraphs you can find and add nothing,” so here we are. Personally I think Corgan’s ability to book a wrestling show is pretty suspect — Resistance Pro’s match at NPWD was built around how hilarious it is to beat up women and got “domestic violence” chants from the sweatiest, loneliest guys you can imagine — but ANYTHING would be a good change of pace for TNA. They’ve been a company defined by putting all of their eggs in one basket and then curb-stomping the shit out of the basket, so who knows? I just want the next Smashing Pumpkins album to have someone yelling STAY TUNED FOR BELLATOR in the middle of songs.

I can offer some breaking news: Billy Corgan’s lending a Smashing Pumpkins song to the intro video for TNA Lockdown 2009.

Kinda miss that wacky ring, not gonna lie.

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/11/rat-six-sided-cage-smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-reportedly-buying-tna-wrestling/#ixzz2jiH3g7WR
Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook

The wheels have completely come off this storyline and have Wrestlecrap spewing from the tailpipe.

TNA and Corgan both have said the sale isn't happening. Rather if this is truthful or not we'll see. Personally I don't want Corgan to own TNA. Especially after seeing that match from National Pro Wrestling Day which was pretty bad. Man on woman violence is wrong.

What match?
Jay Bradley & Darcy Dixon vs. Robert Anthony & Thunderkitty on the evening show. There was multiple man on woman (and woman on man) spots including an ending where Bradley beat down Dixon post match. There was also as noted above a ton of "domestic violence" chants during the match too. It was very Russo like booking and it was pretty terrible.

After seeing that video I am glad Joey Ryan is no longer in TNA.
You know in certain circles, women would claim you're being sexist. I'm assuming you don't think women should be in the military either?

BTW, Candice La Rae has one of the most beautiful diving DDTs in the business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HlRVMG1MneM

You know in certain circles, women would claim you're being sexist. I'm assuming you don't think women should be in the military either?

BTW, Candice La Rae has one of the most beautiful diving DDTs in the business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HlRVMG1MneM
I'm sexist because I think Joey Ryan blatantly groping a woman is in piss poor taste? Also, I have absolutely ZERO problems with women in wrestling or serving their country in the military. I don't see what that has to do with Joey Ryan groping women though...

Oh damn, I allowed myself to get dragged into a "debate" with Zen Davis, the king of trolls.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Jim Duggan has an Indiegogo up for shoulder surgery: http://igg.me/p/566920

For the price of two fast food value meals, you can help someone get their career back. 
Even though the WWE should be paying for it...

On the Playstation Network, there is a 99 cent movie rental for a wrestling documentary called Bloodstained Memoirs. Has anyone seen it?

With all this talk about TNA, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Knockouts division which, compared to the WWE divas, is like night and day. To have enough confidence in them to main event an episode (possibly more) of TNA Impact and have a ladder match [that was actually good] really showed me how much confidence they have (had?) in them. If there is no buyout, then I hope WWE can hire the person or persons responsible for that talent.

Dutch Mantell was a big part of the peak of the Knockouts division from what I remember.  Not sure who has been in charge since.  It's a shame they couldn't work something out with Mickie James as the division was just getting interesting again.

TNA and Corgan both have said the sale isn't happening. Rather if this is truthful or not we'll see. Personally I don't want Corgan to own TNA. Especially after seeing that match from National Pro Wrestling Day which was pretty bad. Man on woman violence is wrong.
Nonsense. Many women, nicluding Natalia, Tamina, and Beth Phoenix are as strong as men. Not to mention, it's all scripted. They aren't likely to get hurt. It's stuff like this that spawned the monster known as PG era WWE.

Spyder, if Candie La Rae is okay with it, who are you to tell her what she can't do with her body? Other examples of women and sex in wrestling.

Bobby Dempsey becomes a man! Jump to 7 minutes in. Sweeney encourages Bobby Dempsey to take advantage of a knocked out Allison Danger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v25plt4OzKE

Spyder, if Candie La Rae is okay with it, who are you to tell her what she can't do with her body? Other examples of women and sex in wrestling.

Bobby Dempsey becomes a man! Jump to 7 minutes in. Sweeney encourages Bobby Dempsey to take advantage of a knocked out Allison Danger.

ph2xi.jpg

What the heck is Zen Davis? That's like the thirtieth time people here have referred to that.

Look man. If you are going to take things from the perspective of the man (Joey Ryan) instead of the woman's (Candice) you are ignoring a critical part of the equation. Whatever blame you are laying at the feet of Ryan has to be laid at the feet of La Rae. There is nothing trolling about that. The logic is straightforward.

After dealing with 3 years of women's right classes, the basic idea is that women should be able to do any job that a man can do. The other side of this is that wrestling isn't real. Its a broadway show no different to Cirque De Soil or a Burlesque midnight show. These are two performers who play off your expectations of sexuality and morality to perform a spot that draws an audible reaction from audiences.

If you think I am trolling you, I assure you I am not. The comparison to the military was made to point out that one of the complaints people levy against women joining the military is that men, upon seeing women get killed, would be put in a mindset that would render them unable to do their job. I felt the comparison was apt because regardless of how uncomfortable something may make a man, it's not his call to judge whether a woman can or cannot perform that job. It is the woman's. If Candice was okay with that spot, and it's a spot she has been doing for years, do you have any right to tell her different?

By shifting all the blame on Ryan, you're saying Candice was either taken advantage of by Ryan, or worse yet, is incapable and irrelevant as a woman of deciding to be okay with a spot like that.

A troll does what he does for a reaction. Like I said before, ignore me. Don't respond. Leave me alone. But I just spent time writing out a reasoned and thought out explanation, built up on years of Women's Rights and Third Wave of Feminism classes, on why you should rethink your position. If you don't care though, I don't care, because if your capacity for discussion is limited to text on images, I don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone.

ibx8fvDkPrjFtw.gif

I'm sexist because I think Joey Ryan blatantly groping a woman is in piss poor taste? Also, I have absolutely ZERO problems with women in wrestling or serving their country in the military. I don't see what that has to do with Joey Ryan groping women though...

Oh damn, I allowed myself to get dragged into a "debate" with Zen Davis, the king of trolls.
What it should get him is a swift kick in the balls or a testicular claw. Whether that applies to Joey Ryan, Zen Davis, or both is up to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3qR0H-1GZ44

Vince McMahon on commentary is hilarious!

"Oh my the abdominals"

What the heck is Zen Davis? That's like the thirtieth time people here have referred to that.

Look man. If you are going to take things from the perspective of the man (Joey Ryan) instead of the woman's (Candice) you are ignoring a critical part of the equation. Whatever blame you are laying at the feet of Ryan has to be laid at the feet of La Rae. There is nothing trolling about that. The logic is straightforward.

After dealing with 3 years of women's right classes, the basic idea is that women should be able to do any job that a man can do. The other side of this is that wrestling isn't real. Its a broadway show no different to Cirque De Soil or a Burlesque midnight show. These are two performers who play off your expectations of sexuality and morality to perform a spot that draws an audible reaction from audiences.

If you think I am trolling you, I assure you I am not. The comparison to the military was made to point out that one of the complaints people levy against women joining the military is that men, upon seeing women get killed, would be put in a mindset that would render them unable to do their job. I felt the comparison was apt because regardless of how uncomfortable something may make a man, it's not his call to judge whether a woman can or cannot perform that job. It is the woman's. If Candice was okay with that spot, and it's a spot she has been doing for years, do you have any right to tell her different?

By shifting all the blame on Ryan, you're saying Candice was either taken advantage of by Ryan, or worse yet, is incapable and irrelevant as a woman of deciding to be okay with a spot like that.

A troll does what he does for a reaction. Like I said before, ignore me. Don't respond. Leave me alone. But I just spent time writing out a reasoned and thought out explanation, built up on years of Women's Rights and Third Wave of Feminism classes, on why you should rethink your position. If you don't care though, I don't care, because if your capacity for discussion is limited to text on images, I don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone.
I don't really agree with the military comparison, but that's a good point man. Despite everyone being dead set on hating you, at least you're starting discussions.

Shifting gears,

I'm planning on attending HoH3 show this weekend. Wanted to go on the fan bus, but work schedule wouldn't let me. Card sounds exciting. Hopefully it's more like HoH1 and not HoH2. 

Also contemplating if I should go to one or both of the DGUSA shows next weekend, or save up and go to ROH's Final Battle instead.

Shifting gears,

I'm planning on attending HoH3 show this weekend. Wanted to go on the fan bus, but work schedule wouldn't let me. Card sounds exciting. Hopefully it's more like HoH1 and not HoH2.

Also contemplating if I should go to one or both of the DGUSA shows next weekend, or save up and go to ROH's Final Battle instead.
Tough, tough choice. FB2013 has the better main event imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7YjEh10iYTU

Rape sequences are never okay. :/

Rape sequences are never okay. :/
Unless it's Heidenreich and Cole.

Saw this on WWE Memes's facebook and I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. Top botch WWE 2K14 gameplay starring the Masked Botchador, Sin Cara.

tumblr_mvv9a8ZfYd1qzh5jro1_250.gif

It's just like real life!

That ladder assisted Swanton Hardy did looked great tonight...can't recall him actually doing it that way before.

This was a good night of wrestling and really easy to get through. Nothing too amazing though, but the divas tag was surprisingly decent after Cameron got hit with thepowerbomb.com - and Khali-Alberto overachieved. Harper-Bryan was quite good, but actually outshined by Ryback-Cena. That wound up being the best match on the show and easily Ryback's best one yet.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/11/wwe-sd-11-8-13.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r1kwm9pcy705oywvg813eou89bcu6ufx

bread's done
Back