TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

Probably. Didn't they yank him off TV for a while for being flabby or whatever?

Too bad, but no big deal I guess. Any fans that actually care about this news are probably dedicated enough to follow him to the smaller promotions.

He actually got himself into the best shape of his life. I've never seen him look better. Here is his last match.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bC0JW-jhpI[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he looks good.  Leaner and trimmer than I've ever seen.  However, I can see how he doesn't fit the WWE ideal.  If you don't have layers of muscle or definition (or a unique body type), you're handicapped.  Sure, there are exceptions but they're just that.

So do you guys think Corporate Kane is purely story or do you think Kane might be getting ready to stop being a full time wrestler? He is 46 and is older than Tripple H and JBL. I'm pretty sure he's also older than both the Undertaker and HBK when they stopped wrestling full time.

I'd guess he's winding down, sure. I think they'll eventually re-mask / face-turn him when he's finishing up, but as much as the current character is so slapped together and nonsensical, it actually does suit him well. They want his face out there for when that sure-to-be cinema classic hits theaters, and every time you see him on a talk show or whatever he's always discussing politics and is capable of being a suit and tie guy. In a way I guess this kind of reminds me when they decided to go with JBL as the rich Texan gimmick, since he was already kind of doing it anyway. I still don't like it, but it does kind of fit.

Kane has a movie coming out. Can't market a movie with out a face. In fact, the last time he took his mask off, wasn't it for See No Evil?

see-no-evil-2.jpg

The movie reason makes sense, but he's also being cast as the "Directing of Operations." I was just curious if anyone thought that he might actually be moving out of the wrestler role or something.

We had the stupid "May 19th" angle when the first "See No Evil" came out. Amazing how Zen Davis HeroToTheMasses forgot that.

Shame about Hero not getting more WWE money. He deserved it.

However, his personality is not quite sports entertainment friendly. With Punk, you had an outspoken guy who easily made the transition. If you have ever seen Danielson's Hybrid Dolphins promo with London, you can see why his personality took off in WWE.

Hero is sort of an "old school" 1980s NWA guy. Similar to Tommy Rich. While he's quite capable in the ring, he's not overly charismatic or entertaining. He's just enough—and WWE is looking for more than that—especially if you're not some Mason-Ryan-type physical monster.

And I read about Bully Ray "invading" House of Hardcore 3 and challenging Tommy Dreamer. At least TNA is trying. I'll give them that. Though it would have been a bigger spectacle if this angle were with PWG or ROH. Let's be honest here.

All I can say is that I'm perfectly okay with WWE releasing Chris Hero now that I get to see him at my local indy promotion. This card is stacked.

d8K1IFU.jpg

Colt Cabana wrestles for that promotion quite a bit.
Yes he does. It's a fantastic promotion. Consistently great shows month in and month out. I rarely miss shows and I've actually gotten to the point where I'm pretty close with a few of the wrestlers, mostly Matt Cage, Reed Bentley, Christian Rose, and company.

Bad NXT news... Enzo Amore is out 6 months with a broken leg and Scott Dawson has a torn ACL...probably explaining the quick change in direction for Rusev/Lefort

Really liked that ending..just teasing that crowd with something besides the same old got them fired up.  If they go with one big ass Survivor Series match out of that it should be a lot of fun watching the heel side attempt to work together. Hopefully this doesn't knock the Real Americans out of their Goldust/Rhodes feud though.

Plus it heralded the death of the CM Punk pocket universe and included 2 instances of quality Ryback burial.

So far for Survivor Series it's...

Big Show vs. Orton

Cena vs. Del Rio

so locking up 12 guys in one match might be a bit much.  Other than that the only things they seem to be pushing towards are Bellas vs. AJ/Tamina, and maybe Axel vs. Ziggler (or Axel vs. Ziggler vs. Big E since Big E is supposedly going back to that feud)

Good crowd. Plus they finally teased a Wyatt/Shield feud like I've wanted. Only watched the last 5 minutes or so but I may go back and watch the show if it was that excited a crowd.

Good crowd. Plus they finally teased a Wyatt/Shield feud like I've wanted. Only watched the last 5 minutes or so but I may go back and watch the show if it was that excited a crowd.
Crowd was dead all night. Don't bother.

Fandango vs. Tyson Kidd was alright, and Axel/Ziggler wasn't bad, but not much else worth watching.

Bad NXT news... Enzo Amore is out 6 months with a broken leg and Scott Dawson has a torn ACL...probably explaining the quick change in direction for Rusev/Lefort
Guess I won't be watching NXT for the next 6 months ... shit is gonna be ESS-AYE-DUBYA-EEF-TEE -- SAWFT!

Well the crowd certainly sent a message about what they think of Orton and Del Rio.  I don't remember the last time I saw a wrestling crowd resort to doing the wave in the middle of the match.

I'm not 100 percent on him either but I like them paired up as a variation on the big man/little man tag team.  It's something missing from the main roster of tag teams at the moment.

He's certainly not "big man" built but the height works in his favor compared to a lot of guys on the current roster.

I'm not 100 percent on him either but I like them paired up as a variation on the big man/little man tag team. It's something missing from the main roster of tag teams at the moment.

He's certainly not "big man" built but the height works in his favor compared to a lot of guys on the current roster.
Understood and agreed. They make a good pair together, but without Enzo, "Big Cass" is future endeavored material unless he puts on some serious bulk.

After their last match..have to say I'm sold less and less on The Ascension every time I see them.  Rick Victor has forgotten which one is the legal man after their finisher multiple times now. 

O'Brien seems like he's getting better at least but doesn't seem to have found a style to match his build. Why is the 6'5 270 pound guy doing a leg sweep as part of a team finisher?

Last night I watched the Paul London/Roderick Strong match from this week's ROH.  It was an incredible match and I highly recommend it to everyone.  It will be available for free to everyone tomorrow on ROH's site.

After their last match..have to say I'm sold less and less on The Ascension every time I see them. Rick Victor has forgotten which one is the legal man after their finisher multiple times now.

O'Brien seems like he's getting better at least but doesn't seem to have found a style to match his build. Why is the 6'5 270 pound guy doing a leg sweep as part of a team finisher?
Haha, I noticed this too. Mind boggling that it hasn't been brought up by DeMott or someone in NXT development.

Funny, was just coming to post the same thing. I probably have everything I need already but just wanted to look through themes for any I may have forgotten about. On a related note, I fucking hate Goldberg's WWE theme. It's like Flair's WWF theme from the early 90's. Crappy soundalike that comes off like total amateur hour.

Funny, was just coming to post the same thing. I probably have everything I need already but just wanted to look through themes for any I may have forgotten about. On a related note, I fucking hate Goldberg's WWE theme. It's like Flair's WWF theme from the early 90's. Crappy soundalike that comes off like total amateur hour.
I know I dislike it too... especially when its dubbed all over this Bluray WCW matches...

Funny thing you mention flair, I liked his old WWF theme and wondering why they didnt use it in this game for his first WM match... I have the newer 'Whoooo' version..

Well got my WrestleMania tickets and hotels booked, lets see if I'm wasting my money like last year, heh.  Actually, I enjoy the WrestleMania trip for all the other stuff like the Hall of Fame, WrestleCon, and the indy shows.  Even if Mania itself sucks it should be a fun time.

Bo Dallas is freaking amazing. He's the best heel in the WWE. Otherwise why would they make those gifs?

You gotta' BO-lieve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQOz4RCN40&feature=player_detailpage

Side news: I hear the Punk / Bryan tag team is going to be called "The Beard and the Best".

*cringe*

I used to like Bo Dallas, but the annoying heel gimmick just isn't working for him. Time to toss him in the Wyatt Family as a Spike Dudley-type. haha

bread's done
Back