TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

One thing I'm confused about Wrestle Kingdom 8, is the IC championship match the last match, and not the Heavyweight championship? Is it because they are trying to establish the fight with a bigger backstory and rivalry in Nakamura/Tanahashi as compared to Naito/Okada? Maybe my mentality in establishing the importance of belts is too old-school, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
TNA has been garbage for years.

They have the occasional spark such as Austin Aries and A&8s but usually they've been about a garbage promotion as much as CZW. Bryan's matches on RAW alone are better than anything on TNA. It's a 2nd rate promotion run by 3rd rate owners.

How some of ya'll continue to be in loveless marriages with the Vince or Dixie renders me speechless. You deserve better. You deserve NJPW. It's a fantastic promotion. The fact that you're overlooking it is confounding.

I imagine you've been trained by Vince to think all Japanese guys look alike so you let the same underlying racism in his blood float through yours.
Wait, wait, wait... You tune into EVERY WWE broadcast. Think about that for a minute.

One thing I'm confused about Wrestle Kingdom 8, is the IC championship match the last match, and not the Heavyweight championship? Is it because they are trying to establish the fight with a bigger backstory and rivalry in Nakamura/Tanahashi as compared to Naito/Okada? Maybe my mentality in establishing the importance of belts is too old-school, but...
The fans voted to decide who would main event between Naito / Okada and Tanahashi / Nakamura. More voted for Tanahashi / Nakamura so that got the main event spot because that match has the bigger star power. So yes, the IC match is the main event.

Wait, wait, wait... You tune into EVERY WWE broadcast. Think about that for a minute.
That's a fair point. But what I do is I skip Raw / Smackdown until I can download the torrents. While the torrents download I'll read forum feedback for about 10 minutes and watch through the stuff with good feedback and skip the rest. Raw and Smackdown usually both end up being 80 minutes for me, give or take. Raw is up around 2am. Smackdown is up Thursday evening around 11pm.

More to the fact, I'm not the one usually bemoaning the WWE. Most other people are. My philosophy, and maybe this is just me, is that if you're a fan of wrestling, and the current product isn't appealing to you, it makes sense to find alternative products. People in this thread bitch about how bad things are but have trouble moving on beyond what's on cable television. They have the world at their fingertips for Christ's sakes.

It's like having a wife you hate and not getting a divorce. If you hate the relationship you share with the product, move on, find other fish in the sea. ROH. PWG. CZW. NJPW. DDT. AJPW. NOAH. DGUSA. EVOLVE. There is greater access today than ever before. Brand loyalty needs to die. Especially if you're sick of Vince and HHH being the only game in town.

But they liked Stone Cold in 1999 so it's either Vince or bust for them in 2014. It's foolishness to the max. And if some people watch other stuff, or if they're happy with what they're watching, then what I'm saying doesn't apply to them.

iejcVUHAdHF2j.png

Wrestle Kingdom 8, the SECOND biggest wrestling show in the world is on tonight!  50,000 people in attendance at the Tokyo Dome! If you're interested in checking it out, send me a PM. I understand dropping $25 on a unknown show can be tough so let me know and I'll help you out. Show starts at 2:30am EST tonight! Be Hyped!
 ​
 ​
ibufEwz9g5BEpD.gif
iXOdFVRLLyMZ5.gif
ipI8y4uHvfkMv.gif
iqlH2A3kEj5Fj.gif

I imagine you've been trained by Vince to think all Japanese guys look alike so you let the same underlying racism in his blood float through yours.
Well, that's an incredibly stupid thing to say. I have no problem with you promoting NJPW, especially since I watch some of it (gasp!) but things like your post above are just moronic. And that picture you posted of the woman? No spoiler tags on that was just brain dead. Fix it.

HeroToTheMasses, I really admire your love with professional wrestling. 

Do some of us a favor though, please? The double and triple posts are getting way out of hand. The spoiler tags have already been brought up so I won't harp on that topic any further.

We get the fact you adore Japanese wrestling. Seriously. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to see someone so passionate about something that deviates from the norm and all, but it's giving me a headache. Tone it down a bit? Spam about things that you think are amazing is still spam.

I am fully aware that you are free to do whatever you please but please consider my requests.

Well, that's an incredibly stupid thing to say. I have no problem with you promoting NJPW, especially since I watch some of it (gasp!) but things like your post above are just moronic. And that picture you posted of the woman? No spoiler tags on that was just brain dead. Fix it.
You're entitled to your opinion. I already said if you watch alternative stuff from WWE because you're not happy with it, then what I wrote doesn't apply to you. If you still think it's stupid, we agree to disagree. The fact that people can so adamantly hate on the WWE, and yet have it be the only wrestling they watch makes they think they're retarded.

That's Eva Marie. You may not be following the Divas division but she is a Diva so it's wrestling related. There's nothing to fix.

HeroToTheMasses, I really admire your love with professional wrestling.

Do some of us a favor though, please? The double and triple posts are getting way out of hand. The spoiler tags have already been brought up so I won't harp on that topic any further.

We get the fact you adore Japanese wrestling. Seriously. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to see someone so passionate about something that deviates from the norm and all, but it's giving me a headache. Tone it down a bit? Spam about things that you think are amazing is still spam.

I am fully aware that you are free to do whatever you please but please consider my requests.
Wrestling related content in a wrestling thread is not spam. If wrestling related content gives you a headache, I don't know what to say, except again we agree to disagree. Why does it give you a headache?

2AwYcxj.gif

WWF vs. Memphis - "Macho Man Randy Savage" Promo with a Southern Accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrBB3KA1Ky0

That's Eva Marie. You may not be following the Divas division but she is a Diva so it's wrestling related. There's nothing to fix.

Wrestling related content in a wrestling thread is not spam. If wrestling related content gives you a headache, I don't know what to say, except again we agree to disagree. Why does it give you a headache?
I'm sure we all appreciate the eye candy, but I think what he was getting at was that it's pretty NSFW. Lots of CAGs surf this site during work hours, so spoilering it makes sense.

And by spam, well... posting several times about the same thing (with little or no discussion about it from any of us) could be categorized as spam. I personally don't care either way, so whatever. Just trying to make sense of it. haha

I applaud your enthusiasm for pro wrestling (or should I say puroresu). Really, I do. As much crap as I give you, seriously -- I've been there. Maybe not quite that deep, but still.

Just... sometimes, this is what it appears to be:

WRESTLE KINGDOM! EFF YEA!!!!!!!
GUYZ? WRESTLE KINGDOM!! F'REAL.
CMON SRSLY GUYZ WRESTLE KINGDOM!!! GET HYP'D!!!!!!!

Ambrose on commentary tonight is fucking glorious. 

On uniting the IC and US titles "I don't want to carry a second belt around.  I like to pack light when I travel"

Also - I'll watch parts of Wrestle Kingdom later when they pop up.

I'm sure we all appreciate the eye candy, but I think what he was getting at was that it's pretty NSFW. Lots of CAGs surf this site during work hours, so spoilering it makes sense.

And by spam, well... posting several times about the same thing (with little or no discussion about it from any of us) could be categorized as spam. I personally don't care either way, so whatever. Just trying to make sense of it. haha

I applaud your enthusiasm for pro wrestling (or should I say puroresu). Really, I do. As much crap as I give you, seriously -- I've been there. Maybe not quite that deep, but still.

Just... sometimes, this is what it appears to be:
To be fair, I don't only post puro stuff. Just really excited and to be frank, today's the last day anyway. Show airs in a few hours.

bread's done
Back