TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

Check out this pretty neat trailer for Ted DiBiase Jr's documentary on his pops. It looks pretty touching although that could just be the trailer music. 

https://vimeo.com/80565056

Also as a reminder. There's NJPW iPPV tonight on Ustream at 4:30am. It's $15 and you can order it here: http://www.ustream.tv/njpw. They're doing a run of tag team shows right now to determine a number one contender for the their IWGP tag belts on their final World Tag League 2013 show.

Ustream has been a great partner for NJPW as there haven't been any broken stream issues like those that have consistently plagued iPPVs from ROH. Their streams are HD and pretty much broadcast quality. Much better than what you might find from an iPPV here in the States since those are usually reserved to indie companies. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CassXSU4OzQ&list=PLgqDyJZN9OYnn7vg3J47NLLjpuNrIhraR

Last edited by a moderator:
Word is out that Mistico is gone as Sin Cara and Hunico is replacing him under the mask once again. It's a shame because I really like Mistico and his floaty offense. Seemed though like he never really grew out of the lucha style like Rey has. Also Rey Mysterio is the most underrated wrestler in this community. 

So is Sin Cara going back to being called "Sin Cara Negro" with Hunico taking over the role again?

Triple H is probably pissed that the first guy they signed under him did nothing but botch spots and repeatedly got injured.  Seems like he had more injuries than Christian has in recent years.

Rey Mysterio is the most underrated wrestler in this community.
I dunno about that. Over the years, I have always put over Rey Jr. and his time in WCW.

I never did become a fan of him adopting the WWE ring style, tho. But that's more of a commentary on how I dislike WWE's ring style than Rey Jr.

-

Been keeping up with ROH over the last few weeks. I will try to continue so long as Corino stays on commentary. He adds that Cyrus vibe—but Kevin Kelly is no Joey Styles.

I dunno about that. Over the years, I have always put over Rey Jr. and his time in WCW.

I never did become a fan of him adopting the WWE ring style, tho. But that's more of a commentary on how I dislike WWE's ring style than Rey Jr.

-

Been keeping up with ROH over the last few weeks. I will try to continue so long as Corino stays on commentary. He adds that Cyrus vibe—but Kevin Kelly is no Joey Styles.
How are the new talents like Tommoso Ciampa or Matt Taven? Neither has really drawn me to ROH but it feels like that's what the company is working towards.

iccXgQTnEux7W.gif

Okada with a beautiful elbow drop. Makin' it rain!

If they are going to do the permanent switch I hope they change up how Sin Cara works for Hunico's sake.  Let him have a personality now instead of just goofy lighting and pointing at stuff.

I like Rey's WWE work just fine - it's different than it used to be but that was probably best for his own health ( and even then his knees are still fucked).  

Though I do still hate the 619 setup nearly as much as I hate how they have to throw Orton's rope hang DDT into every match.  It never looks like it occurred naturally in the course of the match.

I really enjoy Corino as well. Kevin Kelly isn't the very best but I think he definitely holds his own. He's certainly better than I thought he would be when they first brought him in. I think the two of them have a bit of a Monsoon/Heenan vibe.

How are the new talents like Tommoso Ciampa or Matt Taven? Neither has really drawn me to ROH but it feels like that's what the company is working towards.
Ciampa has gotten considerably better. He's not a great wrestler who is going to have five star matches but he's alright as a midcarder. Taven I'm not that impressed with. I just watched his TV Title defense against Zack Gowen (yes THAT Zack Gowen) tonight on ROH's site. It was a dull boring match that also had several really bad botches. Heck if it wasn't for the excellent Jay Lethal vs Eddie Edwards main event I'd have to say that particular episode of ROH TV was one of the worst I've seen out of them (which by TNA standards would be an very good episode of Impact).

Raw is coming to Omaha in Feb, regretfully passed on Smackdown tickets when it was here a few months ago.

This will be my first WWE attendance but Im fairly excited. I got in on a presale deal, however I found out later that they only release some seats in each section during this.

I am in row 2 behind the announcers but wanted to try and get seen on TV side.

They finally made a little progress in the Joseph Park/Abyss thing tonight.  Actually a pretty good segment with Park and Bad Influence. 

Looks like they are going towards Abyss actually being the secondary personality of Joseph Park rather than the other way around.  Plus any excuse for Kaz/Daniels to ham it up is always good.

I have been waiting for them to drop Mystico in place of Huncio for a long time now. Thank god.

I TRIED to watch this Sting: Moment of Truth DVD that someone gave me. It was flat-out the worst wrestling related thing I have ever seen. Had more pointless shots than Manos: Hands of Fate.

Raw is coming to Omaha in Feb, regretfully passed on Smackdown tickets when it was here a few months ago.

This will be my first WWE attendance but Im fairly excited. I got in on a presale deal, however I found out later that they only release some seats in each section during this.

I am in row 2 behind the announcers but wanted to try and get seen on TV side.
When they pan to the announcers, hold up a sign that says SHUT UP, ZEN DAVIS so we know it's you.

So is Sin Cara going back to being called "Sin Cara Negro" with Hunico taking over the role again?

Triple H is probably pissed that the first guy they signed under him did nothing but botch spots and repeatedly got injured.
Not to mention his second pet project came in as a monster, then got pregnant and left for a year before being fired.

Zen Davis actually showed me that match via PM a longtime ago. :lol: (this is Brak btw)

It's a 5 star match. The pinnacle of one of many styles of pro wrestling.

Last edited:
I had wondered what happened to you. Name-changing on the sly, huh?

Agreed, arguably two of the very best at their particular style (which is probably my personal favorite style of wrestling).

Here's a KENTA/Low-Ki match from Ring of Honor.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg0MjY2NzQw.html
I put it in the same league as HBK/ Undertaker and Rock / Hogan. Years later the match absolutely holds up. I can honestly say that as a pro-wrestling fan, it's one of the greatest BALLS TO THE WALLS contests I've EVER seen.

I like to think that what makes this match SO great is the fact that as fast the Low-Ki and KENTA strike each other, none of the blows look restrained. It's just full impact and the crowd goes crazy for it. It's arguably the best match Ring of Honor ever put on in their run of Edison, NJ shows and what made the company so exciting to watch back then.

Here is a five star match from October featuring Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada. Tell me what you think. The two guys have had as good a rivalry against each other as any this past decade. It's not balls to the walls like KENTA / Ki but is a very good pro-wrestling match in vein of Punk/Lesnar, although you may like this better. P.S. Okada's "Rainmaker" entrance is so awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzrNdUP6tNU[/youtube]

Holy shit. So another month goes by which means another Dreamwave Wrestling show. I got to witness Chris Hero vs. Prince Mustafa Ali which was a hell of a match. I also met and hung out with Hero which was awesome as well. Then we got to announcing some of the matches and guests for the upcoming show in February. 

So guess who's coming to my little city and my local promotion? AJ STYLES. And there's even more. The American Wolves, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards will be there. I'm fucking pumped.

Anyone have any retro merch laying around? Like early 90's or prior (ie anything pre-"New Generation")? Found a crate that had a Ricky Steamboat headband a Hulk Hogan foam finger, both from WM3 when I was 7. I used to take that finger to house shows and tapings in the late 90's-mid 2000's and people would flip out. WWF put out some real corny merch in that period. Glad I never begged my parents for the George Steele "I'm An Animal Lover" shirt.

I read this little gem this morning and had a good chuckle.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/436889-unusual-live-report-from-last-nights-wwe-live-event-in-vancouver-fan-attends-show-on-drugs-full-story-included

Wrestling fan and Reddit user "illmurray" attended WWE's live event at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, BC last night, but he and a friend did not experience the show quite like thousands of other WWE fans in attendance did. According to his hilarious and detailed live report, featured below, the fans took "about two grams of mushrooms" before arriving at the Coliseum.

At around a quarter to seven PM, I took about two grams of psilocybe cubensis mushrooms with another redditor at an undisclosed location. We then took the #135 bus deep into east Vancouver to see WWE live at the Agrodome [aka Pacific Coliseum].

The effects hit me strong when we get off the bus at Hastings and Renfrew. The mild stomach discomfort becomes a peculiar warm and cuddly sensation all over my body. We are both giggling as we walk towards the searchlights in the distance.

When we get into the arena, the opening match is already in progress and literally everyone in the arena is chanting 'Axel sucks.' We can't figure out how to get to the floor and end up walking up and down the stairs several times before we find our seats. I see an elderly Indian woman in a John Cena t-shirt and my eyes start watering for some reason.

Xavier Woods enters the ring wearing a sparkly jacket. His entrance video looks like an animated gif image. He becomes my favourite wrestler. During the match, I experience severe time dilation as Hunico gives him a backdrop and then puts him in a chinlock again and again. I feel as though the match is stuck in an infinite loop and Hunico will continue to backdrop Xavier Woods forever. They do this spot for what feels like five or six times before Xavier finally backflips out of it and takes Hunico to the woodshed. Someone behind me yells that Xavier Woods looks like Richard Pryor and I spend a lot of time thinking about whether that was racist or not, considering he doesn't.

There is a divas match. I am looking at AJ standing on the apron and it strikes me how before these people were characters on a TV show, electron pulses on a screen, and now I can see the light reflecting off AJ's midriff and I can see the texture of her skin in infinitesimal detail down to the pores. Tamina doesn't tag her in. I count AJ's ribs.

I look over at my friend and he is slowly waving his hand in front of his face and at first I think he is doing the Cena thing but then I realize he is also really high.

During Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton's match, Daniel elbows Orton in the face so hard that, swear to god, a bloody tooth flies out of his mouth. I feel like these two could wrestle eachother again and again for the next thousand years and it would never not be amazing. Orton does so many little things in the ring that are so perfect that you really have to watch him closely to pick up on, and it kills me that I have to boo him on principle because he's so good but Daniel Bryan is from the Pacific Northwest and weird looking and therefore My Guy.

I yell 'dishonourable discharge' at Orton when he's near my corner but he doesn't hear me.
Any time anyone goes on the microphone, all I can hear is 'womp womp womp womp womp womp.' Tony Chimel goes on the microphone and says 'womp womp womp womp womp fifteen minute intermission.'
I go to buy a Fandango t-shirt but they don't have any.

It is when Los Matadores come out around nine o'clock that I realize I am peaking. El Torito comes out and I begin screaming. I have never been as excited by anything in my life. I cannot put into words the elation I am experiencing watching him run down the rampway. I feel as though millions of years of human evolution and history have led to me being here, watching a small man in a bull costume jump on the ropes and wave at people. I start tearing up again and try to start an El Torito chant, but then 3MB comes out and all the brown kids freak out over Jinder Mahal. He has never, ever been more over than he was tonight.

My friend is disappointed that there are no other mini wrestlers to fight El Torito, but I say it was enough just to be blessed by his presence.

Fandango comes out. He is wearing a purple satin shirt, which I begin wilding out over, but not as hard as I was wilding for El Torito. Great Khali comes out and again the crowd goes crazy, but I am staring at Fandango as he teases taking off the satin shirt. I am losing my mind. Finally he takes off the shirt and the light hits his abs. I swear to god Fandango's body is sparkling, glowing. His abs are crystalline. I almost start crying for a third time because his body is so f***ing beautiful. We make eye contact and I become bonded to him in eternity.

'His face is shaped like a Pringle,' my friend says of Great Khali.

Fandango gets on the microphone. 'Vancouver womp womp womp womp womp dance,' he says. Fandango is a really great wrestler because his selling can actually create the illusion of Khali moving around.

The main event is CM Punk vs. Luke Harper. CM Punk is my favourite wrestler and the entire arena is chanting his name but I am already exhausted because I have marked out so severely and completely over Fandango's shirt and El Torito.

CM Punk gets on the microphone. 'Womp womp Vancouver womp womp womp womp womp,' he says. Everyone goes home happy. I feel exhausted. I get on the bus and go straight back downtown to eat a triple cheeseburger at A&W.
It was delicious.

The El Torito and Fandango parts were my favorite.

Anyone have any retro merch laying around? Like early 90's or prior (ie anything pre-"New Generation")? Found a crate that had a Ricky Steamboat headband a Hulk Hogan foam finger, both from WM3 when I was 7. I used to take that finger to house shows and tapings in the late 90's-mid 2000's and people would flip out. WWF put out some real corny merch in that period. Glad I never begged my parents for the George Steele "I'm An Animal Lover" shirt.
I have an old Macho Madness bandana. If I have an old Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy still, it's in storage. Old LJN figures are in my mom's basement.

Wrestling buddies were awesome.
I had an Ultimate Warrior one. I read somewhere that the newer ones are a lot smaller.

Aside from a ton of LJN stuff I have in storage, I don't have any merchandise from the 1980s. In regards to 1990s stuff, I had the Road Warriors spikes and Undertaker urn until a few years ago when they disintegrated. I still have my Bret Hart glasses, tho. One of my treasured possessions. My dad got them for me when WWE came to Hawaii in the early 1990s.

AJ Styles news.... be warned yes I spoil things so if you don't want to know then don't read.... YOU HAVE BEEN ULTRA SUPER DUPER WARNED TO THE MAX....

He's reportedly done with TNA. He finished his run during the last TV tapings which ended with him losing his version of the TNA title to the winner of the "new" TNA title Magnus (who won it in the "Dixieland" match in a week or two on TV). Apparently they can't come to terms on pay and what not. This tells me TNA isn't long for this world if they aren't willing or can't afford to keep one of their biggest home brew names in the company. Either that or someone massive really does buy TNA up but at this rate I'm getting a feeling that might not be happening.

AJ Styles news.... be warned yes I spoil things so if you don't want to know then don't read.... YOU HAVE BEEN ULTRA SUPER DUPER WARNED TO THE MAX....

He's reportedly done with TNA. He finished his run during the last TV tapings which ended with him losing his version of the TNA title to the winner of the "new" TNA title Magnus (who won it in the "Dixieland" match in a week or two on TV). Apparently they can't come to terms on pay and what not. This tells me TNA isn't long for this world if they aren't willing or can't afford to keep one of their biggest home brew names in the company. Either that or someone massive really does buy TNA up but at this rate I'm getting a feeling that might not be happening.
supposedly

TNA is trying to offer him less than what he's making now. Which would probably piss anyone off. So I can see why he's probably done with the company.

Another one that also might be done with TNA

TNA taped an angle on Wednesday night to air on the December 26th episode of Impact Wrestling where Jeff Hardy was written out of the storylines for the time being. Hardy said he had wrestled his final match with TNA and thanked the fans, appearing to be done with the company.

Speculation is that TNA just wrote Hardy off TV because he can't attend the UK tour that takes place in late January. Hardy is not being advertised for that tour.

Hardy signed a new deal with TNA that reportedly takes him through February 2015 although it's possible the second year on his contract was an optioned year. Hardy is signed with TNA at least through January 2014, depending on how the contract was structured.

Also TNA continues to promote Hulk Hogan on their upcoming european tour. Despite the fact that his contract expired in October and that he's showed up at a WWE event hinting at doing something for Wrestlemania 30.

supposedly

TNA is trying to offer him less than what he's making now. Which would probably piss anyone off. So I can see why he's probably done with the company.

TNA taped an angle on Wednesday night to air on the December 26th episode of Impact Wrestling where Jeff Hardy was written out of the storylines for the time being. Hardy said he had wrestled his final match with TNA and thanked the fans, appearing to be done with the company.

Speculation is that TNA just wrote Hardy off TV because he can't attend the UK tour that takes place in late January. Hardy is not being advertised for that tour.

Hardy signed a new deal with TNA that reportedly takes him through February 2015 although it's possible the second year on his contract was an optioned year. Hardy is signed with TNA at least through January 2014, depending on how the contract was structured.

Also TNA continues to promote Hulk Hogan on their upcoming european tour. Despite the fact that his contract expired in October and that he's showed up at a WWE event hinting at doing something for Wrestlemania 30.
From what I've read, those reports about Hogan are false.

PWInsider.com reached out to several people in TNA, and they said that Hogan has never been advertised for the tour. One talent forwarded the only e-mail they had received regarding the tour thus far, which features the following list of talent: Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, Magnus, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, Manik, James Storm, Gunner, Gail Kim, Rockstar Spud, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Brooke, ODB, Knux, Robbie E and Jessie Godderz.

One TNA wrestler joked of Hogan, “Hulk has some imagination when he has nothing to do. If he and his friends were that creative when he was here, he’d still be there.”

Only thing that comes to mind are a stack of trading card stickers and some sealed Hasbro figures: L.O.D, Andre, Slaughter (Spanish Version) , Samu and Snuka.

Loved the smirk on Bret's face when the crowd was going nuts for Bryan and shitting on the supposedly important HHH/Cena/Orton focus.

Hilarious as always to hear the announcers scramble to come up with an excuse for the crowd reaction. "Oh, they're having so much fun! Haha!" No, they're shitting on people they're sick of.

I know it has been mentioned a few times already, but having Bryan wind up fucking up the match on Sunday would be the best thing they could do. Yeah, people get pissed over non-finishes, but considering how over the guy is I doubt anyone would be that upset.

supposedly

How far in advance are these spoilers? I'm curious but not enough to potentially spoil upcoming episodes.

That was a great ending to RAW. Much better than the last two months worth of builds for a PPV. The brawl with all relevant former World Champions (HHH, Cena, Orton, Punk, and Bryan) getting involved in the brouhaha was fantastic and exciting.

I loved Orton facepalming Punk. There was a genuine sense of "Uh oh! No way Punk's gonna' put up with that shit!".

It's been a LONG time since I sat up in my seat and felt that way. It all worked wonderfully! In one small segment they built up their entire main event scene, and although the undercard is still shit, it catapulted Punk and Bryan back into the main event where they belong.

Now we've got a complex build going between Punk/Orton, Punk/HHH, Punk/HBK(!!!!), Bryan/HBK, Bryan/Orton, and HHH/Orton. Now I don't believe for a second anything is going to come out of it but damn if that wasn't refreshing!

That was a great ending to RAW. Much better than the last two months worth of builds for a PPV. The brawl with all relevant former World Champions (HHH, Cena, Orton, Punk, and Bryan) getting involved in the brouhaha was fantastic and exciting.

I loved Orton facepalming Punk. There was a genuine sense of "Uh oh! No way Punk's gonna' put up with that shit!". It's been a LONG time since I sat up in my seat and felt that way. It all worked wonderfully! In one small segment they built up their entire main event scene, and although the undercard is still shit, it catapulted Punk and Bryan back into the main event where they belong.

Now we've got a complex build going between Punk/Orton, Punk/HHH, Punk/HBK(!!!!), Bryan/HBK, Bryan/Orton, and HHH/Orton. Now I don't believe for a second anything is going to come out of it but damn if that wasn't refreshing!
So Bryan/HBK is still on for Mania, right?

I agree though, great ending. Steph taking a ref bump at the end was a pretty lame end to the brawl, but hey, gotta keep the focus on "The Authority", regardless. Yeah?

So Bryan/HBK is still on for Mania, right?

I agree though, great ending. Steph taking a ref bump at the end was a pretty lame end to the brawl, but hey, gotta keep the focus on "The Authority", regardless. Yeah?
Damn right it is! I was wondering who I was arguing about that with. Thanks for reminding me. They teased it again tonight. With HBK/Bryan and the Superstar of the Year Slammy award and with Bryan kneeing HBK in the face.

tumblr_mxkprzdQzI1qkz8azo1_500.png

Love the NJPW sign in the background. Okada > Cena indeed. You guys need to jump on that NJPW match it's good stuff :)

tumblr_mxkqquV7xk1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

LOL. Punk @ Stephanie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544iIesuny0[/youtube]

Post Raw Spinoorine Contest! Nearly naked CM Punk has Stephanie McMahon run away from him.

tumblr_mxkx0t7raP1r2h5who1_500.jpg

supposedly

Seems like TNA is now being forced to do what they should have done instead of signing the Matt Morgrans, Billy Gunns, Hulk Hogans, and Stings of the wrasslin world: Focus on utilizing good indie talent and build them up into names. While I think he's uninteresting, they have done well with Magnus.

And, to be fair, that's what they did at the start, but they took the wrong fork in the road, and now it's coming back to bite them on the ass, now that they have stagnated and have seemingly grown tired of bleeding money.

I check out their stuff on YouTube, from time to time. I honestly don't know what can be done at this point. Their talent pool is kiddie-sized. WWE is signing a significant amount of the best indie talent to NXT contracts. I think now would be the time to consider a serious push to co-promoting with PWG, ROH, or New Japan, though New Japan's analogue is more WWE level right now. Looking at TNA's ratings over the last month, and I have no idea how they're even on air considering they barely manage to stay above 1.0.

Sorry for the length of this post. I would love to see someone step up and make WWE compete, but that is so unlikely, since WCW died, that I honestly don't ever see that happening again.

I'm not interested in seeing anyone compete with the WWE. That's what Hogan and Eric tried to do and they failed miserably. TNA needs to establish its own identity and be different from the WWE. 

Back in 2005 when the company was worth watching, it was doing everything to differentiate itself from the WWE and it was very much worth watching. TNA gave independent wrestlers a national spotlight to work their asses off and make a name for themselves. Dixie then got in her litttle head that she had to hire all the WWE released talent to try becoming WWE Lite and it killed fans' enthusiasm for the company. I know it did mine. The death knell in my opinion being Joe putting over Angle in their first match-up. Such a shitty move. Joe going over would have legitimized the company. Instead it sent the message that the TNA guys were worse than the WWE guys. So stupid!

What let TNA work back then and doesn't work now is the difference between 2013 WWE and 2005 WWE. The main event scene in 2005 consisted of Batista, Cena, HHH, JBL, Show, Angle, and Orton. You've now got Bryan, Punk, Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro, and Luke Harper on the show plus guys like Richards, Edwards, Zayn, and Adrian Neville in developmental. That indie wrestling style has been absorbed by the WWE so the stuff that seemed so special back in 2005 doesn't seem so special anymore. The WWE product still isn't the same as what goes on in ROH, PWG, or in Japan but its a lot closer to them than it was eight years ago.

The truth is that the highs the WWE has hit have been higher than TNA in 2013. Punk/Cena from earlier this year. Punk/Undertaker. Punk/Lesnar. Bryan/Cena. Bryan/Cesaro. All matches that are MOTYC. You're completely selling the WWE short if you don't think they're not doing great stuff. In pure match quality, they're number two in the world compared to almost any other company in the world beind NJPW. 

What are the best matches of the year from TNA? If anyone can fill me in, I'd love to know. The craziness from a RAW in this last month of 2013 can't be matched by anything that's happened in TNA in the first eleven. It's sad. TNA needs a proper booker. Someone attuned to the times and able to properly build up talent the way Daniel Bryan and CM Punk have been built. You can argue that the WWE has squandered both guys by putting them in the wrong programs but the truth is that both guys are massively over and more over than ANYONE in TNA. 

Only then will TNA be worth watching. Man who thought ninjas kidnapping Joe was a good idea... 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHAnESNhwd8[/youtube]

bread's done
Back