Tons (100+) of clearance games $0.96-8.96 @ circuitcity.com

wlau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
A ton of games from the past few Circuit City clearances are currently available online. Prices range from $0.96 - $8.96. There are way too many titles to list individually, so please use the links below to browse by system.

Shipping = $1.99 + $0.50 for each additional item.

PS2
XBox
GC
DS
GBA

Notes:
[quote name='"evanft"']Oftentimes it doesn't say that the game is OOS right on the page, you have to click on the game and bring up its page to check if it's OOS.[/quote]
[quote name='"ultra6160"']Before you add an item to cart, click on the item description, it will tell you right there whether the game is in stock or not.[/QUOTE]
At the time of this post, most of the games were in stock. I was able to get just about everything I wanted. I imagine the stock on these games were very low to begin with, so they sold out quickly.

[quote name='eurenix']What about the near sacrilegious act of buying a new, full game, opening it, and then immediately using it as a frisbee? Is that worth $0.25 to you?[/QUOTE]

LOL

I dunno -- between Backyard Wrestling and Tao Feng, I've got two nice frisbees already :)

[quote name='WTFer']DAMMMNNNNNNNNNNN

I submitted my order with me entered my hotmail account, I checeked my account after I submitted the order & found that it EXPIRED!!!!!!!

&*#%
:mad:

I immediately reactivated it, but will this mess up my order?
as when I ordered the stuff, the email I entered did not exist.
[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't matter. Worst case scenario is that you won't get the order confirmation, because it bounced.

My CC restocked 5 copies of Suikoden Tactics. CC corporate must have bought a shitload of them from some liquidation closeout ;)

I just grabbed POP: Warrior Within(xbox) on the CC.com for $3.96. I don't remember it being that cheap last time I looked....or in stock. Looks like they may also have had a few other xbox price drops.

It was $3.96 a while ago, then they raised the price up to $8.96 in June I think. Same for a lot of other games like Midway Arcade 3 for PS2, it is now $3.96 again

[quote name='eau']My CC restocked 5 copies of Suikoden Tactics. CC corporate must have bought a shitload of them from some liquidation closeout ;)[/quote]

Yeah my CC had 5 of them. I bought two and left the others for more bargain hunters. Is the game bad or what???

Thanks for the heads up on Prince of Persia. I wanted it, but $8.96 was still a little high for me. But $3.96 was the magic number!

[quote name='maccabee72']I just grabbed POP: Warrior Within(xbox) on the CC.com for $3.96. I don't remember it being that cheap last time I looked....or in stock. Looks like they may also have had a few other xbox price drops.[/quote]Thanks for the heads up, grabbed one too.

It's funny how a game like Suikoden Tactics can get by, just because it has Suikoden in the title and because it's one of very few SRPG's on PS2. Reminds me of when people had to buy Legend of Alon D'ar or Tsugunai or even Ephemeral Fantasia just to play an RPG on the PS2. Those were the bad old days...

[quote name='maccabee72']I just grabbed POP: Warrior Within(xbox) on the CC.com for $3.96. I don't remember it being that cheap last time I looked....or in stock.[/quote]

How do you get $3.96? For me its $6.44 with shipping and taxes (this kills the deal for me... yeah I am a true CAG :booty:)

Ah crap it it was like 8.96 when I ordered it, when this started, and I think I pitched any shipping thing or whatever when I opened the package. -_-

[quote name='oasisboy']How do you get $3.96? For me its $6.44 with shipping and taxes (this kills the deal for me... yeah I am a true CAG :booty:)[/QUOTE]

You can't get it for $3.96 total unless you find it in store.

[quote name='anarchyburger']all i got was socom 1 and primal for 5 bux a piece i wish i couldve got some gba games tho.....[/quote]

eh? was there a restock...is that why circuitcity.com wont reload?

looks like a restock...

ordered:

Primal PS2 5.96
Conflict: Desert Storm PS2 2.96
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 PS2 3.96
XIII PS2 3.96
Conflict: Vietnam XB 3.96

Yeah, they just recently restocked, because I checked a couple of days ago, and Conflict: Desert Storm was 5.96 and I just picked it up for 2.96.

[quote name='oasisboy']How do you get $3.96? For me its $6.44 with shipping and taxes (this kills the deal for me... yeah I am a true CAG :booty:)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was actually $6.20 for me, but I was on the fence about buying it for $8.96 + shipping and tax when I made an earlier order, so I figured paying for shipping for just this one game (something I rarely do) would be worth it now.

I wish they'd just get rid of the Tak JuJu GBA listing already. Damn tease is never going to put out.

They cancelled my Tak 2 PS2 claiming distributor couldn't fulfill. Bah! AND they sent me Shadow of Colossus with the ugly Greatest Hits bruise. :cry:

Any ideas on exchanging it anywhere, or suck it up and just play the game? Funny thing is all the other games sent were the original versions when they've been GH forever. Of course the one I REALLY wanted, wasn't. Such is life.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I pulled the trigger on Primal blind, you guys better be right. :p[/QUOTE]

Same here. The comments here about Primal made me look into the game, and from what I've read it sounds like one I'd like.

[quote name='OpTiMaL']Same here. The comments here about Primal made me look into the game, and from what I've read it sounds like one I'd like.[/QUOTE]

Its good because its cheap

[quote name='paintballers']Its good because its cheap[/QUOTE]
It's good because it's good, but being cheap makes it even sweeter. I found it to be a pretty long game too. I don't think you will be disappointed. Not for ~$6 anyway...

[quote name='Hibiwa']

Any ideas on exchanging it anywhere, or suck it up and just play the game? Funny thing is all the other games sent were the original versions when they've been GH forever. Of course the one I REALLY wanted, wasn't. Such is life.[/quote]

Ummmm the game works, right? Who really cares if it's got the greatest hits logo on the cover? Seriously, why is that such a big deal?

Well, $8.xx with shipping is a tough act to swallow on my CAG budget, especially when firing blind.

Hudson "The ultra-hot Callisto" Leick as the main character sold it for me.

By the way, while we're all here, guys, get Gun. At 8.96, you won't be disappointed IF (Big if, but that's like saying "You'll only like this pizza if you like eating pizza!") a wild west third-person shooter sounds good to you. It came out of the production oven undercooked, but the terrain is gorgeous, the gameplay solid (if a smidge insubstantial), and the characters (Voices, dialogue, and designs) are impeccable. And once you beat it, you can hold it for 3for10 trade fodder if you cannot find it worthy of keeping.

Also, get Def Jam: FFNY if that sounds at all interesting. Half-wrestler/half-fighter all brutal fun.

Also, Unreal Championship 2 needs no introduction. Show me ANYONE on this forum who didn't enjoy the game (Except that the story mode levels that aren't deathmatch can get unbalanced at times, but tis a very minor quibble to such a solid game.).

[quote name='RollingSkull']Well, $8.xx with shipping is a tough act to swallow on my CAG budget, especially when firing blind.

Hudson "The ultra-hot Callisto" Leick as the main character sold it for me.

By the way, while we're all here, guys, get Gun. At 8.96, you won't be disappointed IF (Big if, but that's like saying "You'll only like this pizza if you like eating pizza!") a wild west third-person shooter sounds good to you. It came out of the production oven undercooked, but the terrain is gorgeous, the gameplay solid (if a smidge insubstantial), and the characters (Voices, dialogue, and designs) are impeccable. And once you beat it, you can hold it for 3for10 trade fodder if you cannot find it worthy of keeping.

Also, get Def Jam: FFNY if that sounds at all interesting. Half-wrestler/half-fighter all brutal fun.

Also, Unreal Championship 2 needs no introduction. Show me ANYONE on this forum who didn't enjoy the game (Except that the story mode levels that aren't deathmatch can get unbalanced at times, but tis a very minor quibble to such a solid game.).[/QUOTE]
I thought I did like western shooters but then I played Red Dead Revolver and I hated it so I don't want to take a chance on GUN. Is Def Jam playable online? (for PS2). If it is, it might be worth it. I would also definitely buy UC2, but alas I only have a PS2 and I'm not buying an X-BOX just for it. But thanks for the recommendations, anyway.

[quote name='mxpowar']I thought I did like western shooters but then I played Red Dead Revolver and I hated it so I don't want to take a chance on GUN. Is Def Jam playable online? (for PS2). If it is, it might be worth it. I would also definitely buy UC2, but alas I only have a PS2 and I'm not buying an X-BOX just for it. But thanks for the recommendations, anyway.[/quote]

I hated Red Dead as well, so I almost didn't give Gun a chance.

I loved Gun. I wouldn't pay 50, but less than 10 bucks is perfect.

[quote name='mxpowar']I thought I did like western shooters but then I played Red Dead Revolver and I hated it so I don't want to take a chance on GUN. Is Def Jam playable online? (for PS2). If it is, it might be worth it. I would also definitely buy UC2, but alas I only have a PS2 and I'm not buying an X-BOX just for it. But thanks for the recommendations, anyway.[/QUOTE]

If you prefer your shooters on a PC, Target had Gun for the PC on clearance for $4.98.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ummmm the game works, right? Who really cares if it's got the greatest hits logo on the cover? Seriously, why is that such a big deal?[/quote]
The game is still sealed so I don't know if it works. The assumption is yes.

It's all personal degrees of reaction to that GH moniker. I think it mars the artwork and it bugs me somewhat. And no, printing my own cover won't be the same. Of course gameplay is unaffected and I don't hypnotically stare at the cover and disc for kicks. IMO, it's just nicer looking without it.

As a CAG, I waited for a bigger price drop, but didn't time the transition from orginal to the newly minted GH versions. Went to BB last week and passed on the red faced ones and could have gotten it slightly cheaper with price match. The gamble that CC online might have some old stock left didn't pan out.

I'll live with it, but I may still cringe every now and again. Of course it's not so detrimental as to be worth 5 bucks more for the original I saw at EB. :lol: Such a fine blurry line.

You are free from this affliction. Good on you.

[quote name='Hibiwa']I wish they'd just get rid of the Tak JuJu GBA listing already. Damn tease is never going to put out.

They cancelled my Tak 2 PS2 claiming distributor couldn't fulfill. Bah! AND they sent me Shadow of Colossus with the ugly Greatest Hits bruise. :cry:

Any ideas on exchanging it anywhere, or suck it up and just play the game? Funny thing is all the other games sent were the original versions when they've been GH forever. Of course the one I REALLY wanted, wasn't. Such is life.[/quote]

I agree with you about the "GH Bruise" as you called it. It's a shame that they chose to put an ugly red stripe on the cover of the best selling games. It really takes away from the hard work someone did in designing the cover art. It's too bad that they didn't borrow from Playstation Europe. The PS2 GH games are called Platinum Hits , same as XBox. Check these out:

http://www.citydisc.ch/pix/art/gross%5C1319217.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0009RF806.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm sure many CAGS out there don't care about the box, but to each his own. Some of us do.

[quote name='eaglebeak']I'm sure many CAGS out there don't care about the box, but to each his own. Some of us do.[/QUOTE]
I certainly do. I won't buy a game, no matter how cheap, if it doesn't come with it's case (or box, if it's a cart) and artwork. That's part of it.

[quote name='amusedtoe']At least the PS2 GH aren't in bright silver cases that don't match with the rest of my green collection.[/QUOTE]
Preach it, Brother toe!! Fable the Lost Chapters is the freaking thorn in my game collections' side.
cigar.gif

(yay, an excuse to use one of my favorite smilies)

[quote name='amusedtoe']At least the PS2 GH aren't in bright silver cases that don't match with the rest of my green collection.[/QUOTE]

I agree! I've always thought that the PS2 GH versions were the least annoying out of the three by far. I've had a couple of the Xbox platinum hits and got rid of every one. And the Gamecube Player's Choice bright yellow (and all those damned `Best Seller' logos and other crap) also drive me nuts (not to mention the cheaper paper they print the manuals on).

bread's done
Back