Tons of FREE TV shows on Xbox Live Market place

Sacsquash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this late yesterday night, and forgot to post on CAG. I did attempt to search to see if this was already posted somewhere, but it was a very brief search.

I guess NBC is promoting a bunch of their television series including sister companies such as Sci Fi channel and USA and their giving a way a bunch of free episodes approx. one from each series I'm about to list. Most episodes are from the most recent season airing this year.

9/22/2008
Chuck
(episode 1, season 2) HD NOT AVAILABLE

Life (episode 1, season 2)
Gemini Division (episode 1, season 1) HD NOT AVAILABLE
Gemini Division (episode 2, season 1) HD NOT AVAILABLE
9/18/2008
30 Rock (episode 8, season 2)
edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Heroes (episode 1, season 2) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Psych (episode1, season 3) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Monk (episode 1, season 7) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Knight Rider(2008) (episode 1, season 1)
Battle Star Galactica (episode 1, season 4)
Eureka (episode 1, season 3) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The Office (episode 1, season 4) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Lipstick Jungle (episode 1, season 2)

Enjoy all the free HD content, I know I will :lol: edit: NO IDEA WHEN THIS DEAL EXPIRES (according to DaftPunkFan37 looks like the deal has a set number of downloads per episode)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, that Knight Rider is the WORST hour of TV ever put on Screen, ever. I almost pissed myself the first 10 minutes I was laugh so hard at the bad story, effects and acting. I give it 3 episodes at the most.

just a quick note on hulu:

Hulu.com is a joint venture of NBC/Universal and Fox/Newscorp. However, Viacom/Paramount/comedy central/mtv also uses it, as the released the Daily Show and Colbert Report on it.

Recently Warner Brothers tried to release a similar site, theWB.com, but the format and searching abilities are pretty poor when you consider the glorious creation that is hulu.

Chuck's season 2 premiere will be on nbc.com and live early (this Monday, I think?), but I don't know it'll be free on live. The premiere actually airs the 29th. And NBC is definitely not owned by MS as a previous poster stated.

None of these 'free' shows were valid when I try to download them on iTunes*, so I'm very happy to see they actually work on the 360.

*just errored out, despite being listed as free

[quote name='ezytarget']Seriously, that Knight Rider is the WORST hour of TV ever put on Screen, ever. I almost pissed myself the first 10 minutes I was laugh so hard at the bad story, effects and acting. I give it 3 episodes at the most.[/quote]

The Babes are HOT, though! ;)

Sarah Mmmmm!!! :D

It'd be nice if you could bundle pack some of the seasons on xblm and singles. 22 bucks is good for heroes season 2, instead of 35 @ BB. But 3520 for 22 eps if thats how much is it. Isn't a fair cheap price for season 1.

[quote name='menikmati']Downloading Heroes.[/quote]

Same, thanks op.

edit: is 30 rock the kind of show you want to start from the beginning?

[quote name='Foo228']Same, thanks op.

edit: is 30 rock the kind of show you want to start from the beginning?[/quote]
Ya, they picked a bad episode to put for free, as it is in the middle of a guest stint of C.C. For the most part it is easy to pick up, as I basically stopped watching midway through season 1, and didn't miss much when season 2 started

[quote name='RBH']When you download the shows, if you go to "Account Management" and then click "Download History", the shows should be listed under "Videos". You should be able to just re-download them once you get a new 360 hard drive.

I just downloaded the HD versions of all of the shows and then deleted them from my current 20GB hard drive, so when I get a 60GB hard drive, I can just re-download them and have more space available.[/quote]

don't forget to do your license transfers as well via xbox.com

[quote name='von551']don't forget to do your license transfers as well via xbox.com[/quote]
can someone explain what this means and how it works!

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']can someone explain what this means and how it works![/QUOTE]

When you purchase DLC on xbox live you get two licenses. One for your Console, and one for your gamertag. If you get a new xbox you only have the gamertag license remaining which means you HAVE to be logged into xbox live to use that downloaded content. The license transfer tool online will transfer all of the console licenses to the site and then you can apply those licenses to your new xbox (and thus play your content offline).

You can only transfer your licenses once per year.

[quote name='x_fiddle']When you purchase DLC on xbox live you get two licenses. One for your Console, and one for your gamertag. If you get a new xbox you only have the gamertag license remaining which means you HAVE to be logged into xbox live to use that downloaded content. The license transfer tool online will transfer all of the console licenses to the site and then you can apply those licenses to your new xbox (and thus play your content offline).

You can only transfer your licenses once per year.[/quote]
Okay, so this only affects people who upgrade their xbox. I'm thinkign about getting a 120GB Hard Drive eventually.

So this automatically happens when I download it correct. So when I delete it i'll still have it correct?

30 Rock (episode 8, season 2)
Heroes (episode 1, season 2)
Psych (episode1, season 3)
Monk (episode 1, season 7)
The Office (episode 1, season 4)

^Shows I ended up downloading and watching. Thanks op, now I've got an urge for more free things/videos.

Guess I'll start watching random things on hulu lol.

The office is sooo good.

FYI these same shows (and some others) are free on your Tivo too (through Amazon video). Promotional thing for the new season I presume.

[quote name='ezytarget']Seriously, that Knight Rider is the WORST hour of TV ever put on Screen, ever. I almost pissed myself the first 10 minutes I was laugh so hard at the bad story, effects and acting. I give it 3 episodes at the most.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the show, or the movie from last season? I was really, REALLY unimpressed by the movie, though hoped the show was better. The girl in it was okay, if she had been the main character, and David Hasslehauf (SP) was cool, in his five second cameo, but beyond that it was pretty bad. The writing was boring, and the lead was...boring, generic, and unlikable. It made me want them to just air an old episode of Knight Rider in it's place, or please use David Hasslehauf as the lead. Geez, is your 50's too "old" to be an action hero? :roll:

Also, I remember before the TV movie came out that supposedly this was just rushed to market because the guy who made the original show wanted to do a film based on it, and NBC wanted to steal his thunder (some kind of weird "who owns the rights?" situation), and that this was just to deflate his ability to do a film...which it would certainly do if people don't know it's a totally separate project.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Heroes TONIGHT Baby!!! :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

I can't wait :bouncy:

I'm so far behind on my shows though. I've got TWO Terminators sitting there, 'cause I watch shows I love last, so that and Heroes are going to be sitting for a while. Soooo glad Terminator and Heroes aren't on opposite each other, cause otherwise I'd have to see about getting a newer Tivo with two tuners, or something.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm, wonder if this deal is ending. The pilot of Life is no longer free, and I can only download the SD version of Psych[/quote]

The pilot for Life was never free on the Xbox Live Market Place, everything that should be free is listed in the original post.

I don't know if it's still up as Free but there was a couple of cartoons that were free

The SouthPark Ninja Episode

Voltron Season 1 Episode 1 - probably most of you don't even know what Voltron is, but I'd say check it out to see some classic toon footage from the 80's. Voltron was one of the best cartoons on Saturday Morning, next to Transformers, Tiger Sharks, and Thundercat!

How can anyone now know what Voltron is? That honestly seems impossible to me :D

I...don't actually like it though. I actually like Super Senti/Power Rangers way more :D Something about it being live action somehow makes it...I don't know...

[quote name='Sacsquash']The pilot for Life was never free on the Xbox Live Market Place, everything that should be free is listed in the original post.[/QUOTE]
Someone else mentioned it was, in the first page.
Also, Eureka does not show up as free-- and the HD version of Psych is not free anymore, opposite of what the OP indicates. Probably changed sometime last night for whatever reason...

There was a seperate page for these in the Marketplace if you clicked on one of the ads, and I think all of the free episodes were set to expire sometime this week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']There was a seperate page for these in the Marketplace if you clicked on one of the ads, and I think all of the free episodes were set to expire sometime this week.[/QUOTE]
That sucks. Oh well, got mostly everything.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Someone else mentioned it was, in the first page.
Also, Eureka does not show up as free-- and the HD version of Psych is not free anymore, opposite of what the OP indicates. Probably changed sometime last night for whatever reason...[/quote]

That sucks... I'll change the original post to indicate this

Probably the set download limit for those series has been reached. My guess is that they allowed a lot of 30 Rock and Office DL's since Thursday is a very tough night in TV, and didn't allow as much for the cable series as I think they are all not airing new eps rite now

[quote name='schultzed']They charge money for TV shows??? Does anyone actually buy them?[/quote]
I have actually bought one once or twice; missed an episode of lost and had a ton of cheap MS points so I thought why not. It was cool (minus paying for it) to see it in HD as the network channels are not available in HD for this area (via DirecTV).

[quote name='schultzed']They charge money for TV shows??? Does anyone actually buy them?[/quote]

I only have a HD antenna (no pay TV) so right now I'm buying TNA Impact and the World Series of Poker shows. Soon I will also be downloading How I Met Your Mother and Terminator The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

$2-$3 per episode (depending on if it's HD or not) is fine for me.

Knight Rider was just awful. I have no problem watching "campy" stuff, but that was beyond campy and corny. The truck parts were bad enough, but then that guy "passing out" was the icing on a past overdue, rotting cake. Just horrendous.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Looks like everything is gone except Knight Rider :([/quote]

Updated the original post to reflect this, Thanks

[quote name='howjudoin']They added the season premieres of Chuck, Life, and Lipstick Jungle (all free btw)[/quote]

Will check this out and edit original post, Thanks a bunch

[quote name='Sacsquash']NEW EPISODES:

Chuck (episode 1, season 2) HD NOT AVAILABLE
Life (episode 1, season 2)
Thanks a bunch howjudoin
and these are also available:
Gemini Division (episode 1, season 1)
HD NOT AVAILABLE
Gemini Division (episode 2, season 1) HD NOT AVAILABLE

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=148880[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'll go check it out. I really wanted to see Life. Hope it lasts till I get home.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Knight Rider was just awful. I have no problem watching "campy" stuff, but that was beyond campy and corny. The truck parts were bad enough, but then that guy "passing out" was the icing on a past overdue, rotting cake. Just horrendous.[/quote]

I'll second that. The guy they've got playing the Michael Knight stand-in sucks ass. Oh, and the computer graphics are totally bogus. Absolutely not worth the download.

bread's done
Back