Tony Hawk's Project 8 - General Discussion

Holy shit I've never seen a game look so good. The slow-mo moves are awesome but the more complex moves are harder to perform. Still plays like the old THPS other than the slo-mo which is okay.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Oh man, I want this game so damn bad. I have to get a 360 NOW. RIGHT THIS VERY fuckING INSTANT.[/quote]

You should go get one. At least this verison has full online support unlike a certain other console that is getting this game (let the flame wars start)

They need to take out the move where you can link combos by walking. That ruined the game for me. It's all about staying on your board.

The game feels basically like old Tony Hawk nothing crazy new(I think I'll have a lot of fun with the Wii Downhill Jam though) , still a very fun game cause I love Tony Hawk Series. The graphics are really nice and the nail the trick is pretty cool(Hard to get hang of , but a nice addition to the game). I know this game is running off a old build of the game and hope all the glitches I hit are fixed by now. I don't know if you guys had same problems as me , but sometimes while I was grinding I seem to just trip over myself and itsn't cause my balance was bad. So I'm not really sure what is up with that.

I thought the demo was good. Haven't played a TH game since the first THUG so it's great to see the series going back to it's roots.

the only think i don't like, is for some reason whenever im doing a combo, and my score gets past 100k or so, it goes into slo-mo, and then once the slo-mo ends, it immediately takes me out of my combo, so the highest i can get for now, is like 500k.

[quote name='hootie']This demo is awesome, and I found a glitch where you can fly hundreds of feet into the air[/quote]

i got that too....hitting the ramp near the green tent area.

[quote name='elsnow77']the only think i don't like, is for some reason whenever im doing a combo, and my score gets past 100k or so, it goes into slo-mo, and then once the slo-mo ends, it immediately takes me out of my combo, so the highest i can get for now, is like 500k.[/QUOTE]

Are you clicking in the left thumbstick?

I went into slo-mo when I clicked that.

downloading as we speak...

btw THUG I think was the best game. Then again I'm for lets-get-a-14907125719280-combo-move. It makes it more fun and intense.

I hope this game focuses on the skating, not the crazy stunts and shenanigans involved in the past games. If it's like THPS2 or 3, I'll buy it in an instant.

I like the demo, however the camera seemed wonky in parts. The physics model needs a bit of work after a crash, but otherwise seemed pretty solid. I'll pick this one up regardless.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I like the demo, however the camera seemed wonky in parts. The physics model needs a bit of work after a crash, but otherwise seemed pretty solid. I'll pick this one up regardless.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The ragdoll physics backfire, in that the falls - often times - look insanely unnatural.

[quote name='slickkill77']thats the point i think....i was getting nice hospital bills ala 81,000 large[/quote]

High I hit was over 200k it was super burtal and sweet looking

[quote name='MrX']High I hit was over 200k it was super burtal and sweet looking[/QUOTE]

scary and off topic... I'm listnening to Johnny Cash ATM and just saw your avatar.

[quote name='Erillian']Would you like your cookie now?[/quote]
cookie.jpg

Seriously, I thought the hardest thing to do in any Tony hawk game since 4 was to raise your stats. But the difficulty of the sick goals in the demo gives me the feeling: "IM IN UR PANTS RISIN U FROM THE DEAD"!:):):):)

Ranked 93 globally in Nail The Trick With Varitey. But I seriously dont know how people are pulling off tripple digits in that challenge.

[quote name='moojuice']Ranked 93 globally in Nail The Trick With Varitey. But I seriously dont know how people are pulling off tripple digits in that challenge.[/quote]
Chetz/Botz

I just played the demo and came away very impressed. This is the first TH game I have played since Pro Skater 3. The new dual-stick trick controls are awesome. The game seems to be massive with a ton of replay value. This is the last thing I need, ANOTHER GAME IN NOVEMBER!!! Can I actually buy 5 GAMES IN LESS THAN A MONTH???

Well, it's time for me to head off to work so I can start paying for November. :lol:

How does the the dual analog create your own trick in slow mo work? I can't so you just hold a direction and hope to hit it right?

[quote name='Maynard']How does the the dual analog create your own trick in slow mo work? I can't so you just hold a direction and hope to hit it right?[/QUOTE]

???

Left stick controls your left leg and the right stick controls your right leg.

You hold the stick(s) in the direction you choose to keep your legs out of the way.

If the trunks or grip tape are facing up you can move the stick which will alter your move.

When the grip tape is facing up you can let go of the stick(s) and your guy will land it.

--------

It's quite fun once you get use to it.

[quote name='Sporadic']???

You hold the stick(s) in the direction you choose to keep your legs out of the way.

If the trunks or grip tape are facing up you can move the stick which will alter your move.

When the grip tape is facing up you can let go of the stick(s) and your guy will land it.

--------

It's quite fun once you get use to it.[/QUOTE]

it's definitly enjoyable especially to people who actually skate or use to skate. Adds more of a relaistic level to the game design than before.

[quote name='Sporadic']???

--------

It's quite fun once you get use to it.[/quote]
thanks dooder

I can't seem to land any of the slo-mo tricks... The demo is pretty good but it still feels like any other THPS game... I'll probably wait for a price drop or something...

It seem really fun, but I didn't like how it booted me out after a while. I guess it makes sense why (so you can't just play for hours), but they should at least give you a timer or something.

[quote name='RudyPants']It seem really fun, but I didn't like how it booted me out after a while. I guess it makes sense why (so you can't just play for hours), but they should at least give you a timer or something.[/quote]

They do. Hit pause and it's on the bottom of the screen counting down.

Bump for this, since the game is out Wednesday... can get it on Outpost.com right now for $44 shipped.

I bit, I hope the demo is indicative of the full game.

[quote name='Roufuss']I hope the demo is indicative of the full game.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I just pre ordered this since I had some extra EB/GS credit. If it wasn't for the demo I was gonna pass on this!

With GoW and CoD3 getting all the hype, did anyone pick this up today? All three aren't coming in until tomorrow for me, so I have another day to wait.

I read their reviews, their problems aren't really my problems... I enjoyed the level from the demo and I'm glad they are going back to a real world type of level structure.

The gameplay is solid and the goals look to go back to the days of early THPS, so I'm not going to cancel my order for this game anytime soon.

I'm not quite sure what IGN expected... I love how the reviewer says the game is "better than the dark days of THUG" but IGN themselves gave THUG 1 a 9.2 and THUG 2 an 8.4.

I'm going to go pick this up in 30 mins. I'll give a mini review about 11pm or so.

[quote name='Roufuss']I read their reviews, their problems aren't really my problems... I enjoyed the level from the demo and I'm glad they are going back to a real world type of level structure.

The gameplay is solid and the goals look to go back to the days of early THPS, so I'm not going to cancel my order for this game anytime soon.

I'm not quite sure what IGN expected... I love how the reviewer says the game is "better than the dark days of THUG" but IGN themselves gave THUG 1 a 9.2 and THUG 2 an 8.4.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said.

Overall I say wait for a price drop. Nail the trick is fun. The story is okay-decent, the game does offer a challenge, Unlike THAW. But $60 is way to much for a game thats only 50% new. This btw is coming from a Tony Hawk fan.

Its pretty, its on 360, but at the same time its still the same old same old. Good game play as always with Tony Hawk.
I'm not disappointed, or mad that I bought it, but was excepting more. Create a skater sucks (which of everything pissed me off the most) Create-a-skater is more like edit these 6 characters. Also the physics are alright. Sometimes I'll fly 30 feet down the road on a botched kickflip, but only fall on my face when trying to do a front flip off of a kicker.

Thats my mini review for right now. Now take what I say with a grain of salt. Due to the fact that I'm not far into the game. These are just my first impressions.

I agree with CitizenB's impressions. I've stayed away from the series after part four, so at first I liked it a lot. After the first hour or so, the "been there done that" feeling came over me. In this case it's not a bad thing, but it's not a good thing either. Some of the goals are gonna take some practice to accomplish so I'll be playing it for a while. If you're a fan of TH the Play Asia price is right, otherwise rent it or wait for a price drop.

bread's done
Back