Tony Hawk's Project 8 - General Discussion

[quote name='Michaellvortega']It's been said time and time again Marketplace Content will not be posted up on Friday unless it's absolutely necessary. If some nubs hear else wise on a mssg board and get dissopointed then that's their own fault.[/QUOTE]

Um, Activision sent out a fucking press release captain.

[quote name='JDMxB']I can't find anything that says no demo tonight in all your links...[/QUOTE]

Second link in update #2.

Scroll down to the bottom of the comments and it should be there.

mndg8.jpg

Lame.

Maybe it will be up tomorrow, as they made PSU available on a Saturday.

Probably not.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']is it just me or does majornelson seem like a huge douchebag?[/QUOTE]

I think he's in douchebag mode due to all of the problems they have been having lately.

Maintenances taking way longer then it should have, accidentally releasing a game that wasn't suppose to come out for a month (hooray sitting on finished games), publishers releasing press releases when they don't know the release schedule.

Add all of that on top of all of the traveling he's been doing and yeah.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']is it just me or does majornelson seem like a huge douchebag?[/QUOTE]

how is he a douche? Did he promise the demo would be up tonight? No. Has he told people on numerous post and also verbally in podcast that for the most part marketplace content would NOT be posted up on a Friday, YES.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']how is he a douche? Did he promise the demo would be up tonight? No. Has he told people on numerous post and also verbally in podcast that for the most part marketplace content would NOT be posted up on a Friday, YES.[/quote]

did I say it was because of that? No. He just seems like a douchebag that's all.

Microsoft has seriously been messing up lately though.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']is it just me or does majornelson seem like a huge douchebag?[/quote]I concur. Also I been waiting for this demo all day.

[quote name='Bazz']I concur. Also I been waiting for this demo all day.[/QUOTE]
Is he a douche because he didn't deliver something he didn't promise?

[quote name='Brak']Is he a douche because he didn't deliver something he didn't promise?[/quote]No cause he didn't promise this. He just sometimes has this tone in his voice. Like gets angry at veiwers for somthing he said. He makes it like his job has nothing to do with XBL yet he really does.

Demo is out now. I had to find it by going under the all demo section and search by genre then click sports and on the buttom their are 2 downloads for same demo. Size is - 342.53MB.

Thanks Bazz, I tried using the same technique to find UMK3, but no luck.
Edited OP and and thread title.

[quote name='CheapyD']Thanks Bazz, I tried using the same technique to find UMK3, but no luck.
Edited OP and and thread title.[/quote]UMK3 is not there yet , I had gotten mine yesterday , been waiting for it to go back up so I can buy it the right way. So no idea whats going on.

Update : I was just in the middle of downloading half way done and it was removed. I'm really getting pi$$ed at MS they need get their $hit straight.

And just like UMK3, it's gone. What the hell is going on?

Wait, wtf? I'm seeing all these advertisements for UMK3 now, and when I clicked the banner, it takes me to the download tab, but all I can see is "more info". Damn it, all I wanna fuckin do is play the new Tony Hawk and I can't!

!@(*#$!*@&#$*&!@#^#$*^!@%$^%!@#

Okay I was able to get it back through Download History and re-downloading it now , but sucks I lost all that time I already wasted downloading it.

Updated OP with proper procedure for finding it. I'm downloading now.
Xbox Live Marketplace -> Games -> All Game Downloads -> Tony Hawk Project 8

OR

Xbox Live Marketplace -> Games -> Games Download by Genre -> Sports -> Tony Hawk Project 8

I just saw it listed twice in the action genre, but not in the all downloads section. My download is currently pending, Splinter Cell is taking forever.

I let it download while I was in the shower and gave it a spin before I had to leave for work...which is roughly now. ;)

It's hard to tell from such a short demo if this is the huge push forward that a lot of people feel the series needs, but I'm still pretty content with a couple new mini-innovations and new levels every year (provided I wait for a sub-$20 price). The whole level looks really good- what you'd expect from the 360, clean and well-modeled. I think the Nail the Trick thing works pretty well, but I don't know if I'll be using it all the time or if it will just be another gimmick that I throw onto the end of a huge combo because I've already used most of the other tricks.

Also, if I were Rodney Mullen, I'd be pretty pissed off with the way they modeled me in the game. He looks like the losing boxer after a round of Fight Night.

Downloaded it and gave it a shot. To me it's just like any other TH game, however I do like the new trick system with the analog sticks. I won't be buying this on launch but might pick it up down the line when its cheaper.

I cleaned up the first post.

I just got the demo in so I post some impressions after I'm done playing.

- edit I haven't played a Tony Hawk game since 2X but I'm having a blast with this demo.

Here are the songs in the demo.

Bad Religion - Social Suicide
Charizma and PB Wolf - Devotion
Gnarls Barkley - Done Daddy Gone
Hieroglyphics - At The Helm
The Hold Steady - Your Little Hoodrat Friend
Nine Inch Nails - Getting Smaller
Primus - American Life
The Ramones - I Wanna Live
Revolution Mother - Second Thoughts
VanStone - Skate Town
Wild Child - Wonder Years

man this demo was fun, hopefully the story/missions aren't as dumb as they were in the last 4 versions of this

I played the demo and it was lots of fun. I hope to pick it up on the cheap, a la Play Asia if it is region free. When does it come out?

Very addicting. I keep tryingto get that grind combo to the third spraycay. I think I got it once but it didn't record do you have to do them on a certain path or is any path acceptable?

[quote name='Kendal']I played the demo and it was lots of fun. I hope to pick it up on the cheap, a la Play Asia if it is region free. When does it come out?[/QUOTE]

November 7th

Founnd the demo to be extremely fun, better than the last TH game I played (THUG).

I'll probably consider picking this one up upon release.

I have been a die hard THPS fan since game 1 and this to me is the best since game one(unless they are just pulling the wool over our eyes with the demo). Very smooth and not all Jackass like, which was really starting to get on my nerves. It was ok the first time but I really did not need to play it 2 more times......

[quote name='MrX']I have been a die hard THPS fan since game 1 and this to me is the best since game one(unless they are just pulling the wool over our eyes with the demo). Very smooth and not all Jackass like, which was really starting to get on my nerves. It was ok the first time but I really did not need to play it 2 more times......[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!!

Way better than the American Wasteland series from what I could get from the demo. I didn't like the semi-deformed/cartoon characters of the past few games. I hope they get rid of the horrible "other-wheeled" vehicle missions though. Those were hard to stomach.

bread's done
Back