Toys R Us 3DS: Sunday, buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games

megax11

CAGiversary!
Thought I would post this.

I keep checking here to see if anyone knows of any sweet deals coming next week, for the 3DS, but I see nothing.

I namely am hoping that TRU gives a gift card or something.

I don't know if they are, but I DO KNOW, that TRU is having a promotion with the games next week.

The promo is buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games, starting Sunday.

If anyone catches wind of any places giving away gift cards, feel free to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='integralsmatic']a ton of don't buys from that list. Man...i guess its just Ghost Recon/Pilot Wings/SSFIV but that leaves me with one more to get. have no clue at this point.[/QUOTE]

pilotwings/steeldiver/ssf4/lego star wars for me.

Not sure if you like lego star wars games but the new one was pretty fun on the 3ds and is apparently a port of the wii version with added bonuses.

[quote name='Snake2715']Does best Buy typically match a buy one get 1 scenario?[/QUOTE]

They did for the normal DS B1G1 half off sale a few weeks ago....at least mine did. Got Pokemon White and Mario&Luigi BIS.

So I'm not liking what I keep hearing about Super Monkey Ball... maybe I'll just stick with Pilotwings and Lego Star Wars III for now. My fighting game will be Dead or Alive, not Street Fighter, and I'm not too interested in racing games....considering maybe getting Ghost Recon, but I hate the graphics in that game.

I'll be waiting until Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and E3 come in June before I purchase a 3DS. I really can't believe they didn't launch with an actual Mario/Zelda/Starfox/Metroid game of some type as an instant system seller.

I was told at a Best Buy I happened to stop in at today that they would NOT match the TrU deal; of course it seemed like I was the first person to ask. Part of me thinks, given this is a launch and all, BB might do the casual "memo" that if someone specifically asks about PMing the deal that they will. (seems like when deals like this come up that are likely to draw a big amount of business away that they'll do it)

I'm planning at least trying to pull the "Do you really want a premier silver RZ member to walk next door and give my money to TrU instead of just matching this?" line tomorrow at BB when I'm picking up my 3DS pre-order... see what they say. (likely, "Yep, have fun braving the line next door" :p)

Yeah, im gonna try a PM too. I already reserved 3 of the four games i wanted, if they say no, im driving up to TRU. (And if they happen to sell out, atleast i still have my reserves)

Also not sure if its worth a try at BB, but if they say no to a PM, im gonna try to use that 10% off Coupon

[quote name='Penguin1084']pilotwings/steeldiver/ssf4/lego star wars for me.

Not sure if you like lego star wars games but the new one was pretty fun on the 3ds and is apparently a port of the wii version with added bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks penguin. I liked the lego star wars series and the trailers look great but may opt for the console version instead. still a consideration though

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I'll be waiting until Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and E3 come in June before I purchase a 3DS. I really can't believe they didn't launch with an actual Mario/Zelda/Starfox/Metroid game of some type as an instant system seller.[/QUOTE]

I retract my previous statement. I went down to the midnight launch at Best Buy tonight, since there was one in my area just to see how many people this thing would draw in. I figured I would get in line, in case they sell out maybe I could give my spot to someone who wouldn't get one otherwise. (I remember the Wii launch, I did this same thing) there was a local radio station there having a raffle for BB gift cards, 3DS games, and two 3DS systems. I ended up winning on of the 10 $50 BB GCs, and my friend won Rayman 3D. Right before we got into the store, the radio host guy was right there next to us. He asked casually what game we should get out of all the launch titles. Almost instantly some guy said "Starfox!" and then like 3 seconds of silence. I then just randomly said "Street Fighter 4" and then he handed me the game. That was pretty fun. Also got a Nintendo 3DS shirt, throwbag, and some CAPCOM Shot Glasses. I feel like I made out so well, I decided to just buy the system tonight, lol. The actual GOOD games can't come soon enough.

Any of you guys who are looking to pick it up tomorrow morning, the line at BB tonight was probably 50 people only. I'm sure there will be more in the morning due to it being a decent hour for the majority of people. However, even after all 50 people bought their systems at BB tonight, there was still like 40 more of each color just sitting there, with probably more in the back. I don't think there will any stock issues if you arrive early enough and are in a populated area.

btw this thing is sick!

[quote name='spauldingfan']It looks like pre order games work for the b1g1 on the website.... but the only one up is Lego Pirates of the Carribean.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks, would've been nice to get dead or alive half off.

[quote name='sunghost']Damn that sucks, would've been nice to get dead or alive half off.[/QUOTE]

I just realized that now....dammit that would have been awesome

I don't get the sale.

The add on the Toys r us website says "select 3ds games only", and the one that I really uber wanted Street Fighter IV, isn't listed as being eligible for this promotion. Is this not the case in the actual store if I went there?

Checking the ones near me for in store pickup, Lego is a go, but the only other one I'd maybe be interested is any of the nintendogs which I've never bought, but naturally they're all listed as sold out already. Would hate to make a 30 minute trip only to find out that SF4 isn't in fact part of this promotion. Anyone know one way or the other?

[quote name='Neg']I don't get the sale.

The add on the Toys r us website says "select 3ds games only", and the one that I really uber wanted Street Fighter IV, isn't listed as being eligible for this promotion. Is this not the case in the actual store if I went there?

Checking the ones near me for in store pickup, Lego is a go, but the only other one I'd maybe be interested is any of the nintendogs which I've never bought, but naturally they're all listed as sold out already. Would hate to make a 30 minute trip only to find out that SF4 isn't in fact part of this promotion. Anyone know one way or the other?[/QUOTE]

Just tried adding it to the cart and you are right didn't work. Something screwy is going on cause Lego Pirates works and doesn't come out till May and they also advertise free shipping on pre orders , but it doesn't work on Pirates. Also they are missing some games on the website. I'm thinking just going in the store and trying my luck there.

Also they claim ALL 3ds games on the website, so I wonder whats up with Street Fighter

Yeah, I was hoping that since my Toys r us doesn't open til 10am, that I would place an online order and pick it up without problem. As you said, the front page lists ALL 3DS games, yet when you add SSF4 to the cart, or even look at the game page, it's the only 3DS game that the "Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 Off!" thing doesn't pop up on.

I mean, I pre-ordered the system from Amazon so I get $25 credit from them that I can then turn on SSF4 is there's a problem I guess, but games like Lego and SSF4 for a promotion like this is just too good to pass up, ya know? Especially since I've never played any Lego game before, nor have I touched Super SS4 yet either.

[quote name='Neg']Yeah, I was hoping that since my Toys r us doesn't open til 10am, that I would place an online order and pick it up without problem. As you said, the front page lists ALL 3DS games, yet when you add SSF4 to the cart, or even look at the game page, it's the only 3DS game that the "Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 Off!" thing doesn't pop up on.

I mean, I pre-ordered the system from Amazon so I get $25 credit from them that I can then turn on SSF4 is there's a problem I guess, but games like Lego and SSF4 for a promotion like this is just too good to pass up, ya know? Especially since I've never played any Lego game before, nor have I touched Super SS4 yet either.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a glitch or something on the website. The ad makes it pretty clear that the sale is for ALL 3DS games. I'm sure it'll work in-store, but if it doesn't you can show the ad to the manager and he should adjust the price accordingly.

I actually played both of those earlier tonight at the launch party in Hollywood and not to twist the knife...yeah they were pretty damn awesome! I never really cared for street fighter before, but once I held it in my hand and had the "dynamic mode" turned on I almost dropped the system when Ballrog charged at me. Lego Star Wars was also impressive. I'm planning on just going to toys r us and grabbing those two titles while everyone else fights over the systems.... in store pick up would have been easier but oh well.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Does toys r us not carry samurai warriros chronicles?[/QUOTE]

Yup, most store should have all the launch titles.

Just a heads up, Super Street Fighter 4 is NOW showing as fully eligible for this promotion online. Got that + SSF4 for $65. Gogo. :p

[quote name='Neg']Just a heads up, Super Street Fighter 4 is NOW showing as fully eligible for this promotion online. Got that + SSF4 for $65. Gogo. :p[/QUOTE]

You got super street fighter 4 plus SSF4 for 65 dollars? did you mean another game? I still cant the deal to work in my cart :\

Yeah, ALL 3DS games are working with the promo on the website now. However, the site limits you to one discount only, so you can only get two games. The sales flyer doesn't show any such restriction.

Also, in-store pickup works. Does anyone know how long it typically takes them to prepare an order for in store pickup?

When I placed it before the store opened, i got an email saying to pick it up before it opened to, so like 45 minutes. Of course if they're open, I can imagine it possibly being longer.

And yeah, picked up SSF4 and Lego Batman for $65. :)

Now I have to figure out what to do with the $25 amazon credit from the system.

I just went over there without doing the online ordering. I got there almost an hour after opening, and they still had tons of all the games behind the counter. Picked up SF4, Pilotwings, Ridge Racer, Bust A Move, and some accessories. Now I just have to wait for Gamestop to open so I can go pick my system up!

I picked up steel diiver and por evolution soccer 2011. The videos looked good on that one. I am still on the fence about Ghost recon and lego star wars

Lol, my friend called me this morning and told me how crowded it was (He called around like 9:20, and said there was like 15 people there already). So i said screw it and went straight to Best Buy. Even though my Price Match failed (And i nearly cussed out a manager over how she handled it), i still brought the games.

5 Launch Titles for barely 160$ ftw ^_^. (SSF4, Samurai Warriors, Ridge Racer, Ghost Recon, Pilot Wings)

They had a whole area for a line cordoned off and everything, but nobody was there. Cashier said they had hardly anybody come for the 3DS. Oh well, I got Nintendogs+Cats (Golden Ret.) and Pilotwings. They had plenty of everything.

[quote name='Triz']I had Target Price match the ad with no problems.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get your ad? Is it available online?

Best Buy will price match the ad. I got 4 games, 2 of them 50% off. I even got $20 in gift cards free (their own deal is buy 2 games, get $10 giftcard) although they said afterwards they weren't supposed to do that.

Either way, it's still a great deal. :) I can also confirm that Target price matches it as well. Hit them up first just to have a backup plan in case Best Buy didn't, and they would have.

[quote name='_woLf']Best Buy will price match the ad. I got 4 games, 2 of them 50% off. I even got $20 in gift cards free (their own deal is buy 2 games, get $10 giftcard) although they said afterwards they weren't supposed to do that.

Either way, it's still a great deal. :) I can also confirm that Target price matches it as well. Hit them up first just to have a backup plan in case Best Buy didn't, and they would have.[/QUOTE]

Lol, i called ALL 4 stores in my area. And all of them said the same thing "We dont match 50% off deals", and even when i got her to admit they should, she said "We cant combine offers, and ours takes priority"

When the employee almost sold it to me (Before the manager shut it down), it showed up as like 110$+20$ Gift Card.

Not sure if i should try again tommorow with different employees, or just raise hell to a district manager or something

Just got back from my TRU in hb CA, there was only 3 other people lined up a few mins before opening so that was pretty good considering some of the other earlier post reporting big lines. Got my 4 games : SF:IV, Rayman, GhostRecon, and Pilot Wings for 130 and change. After that, i took my shot at BB down the street for a PM and ended up picking up 2 of the same games with 2 RZ vouchers ($15) they sent me last week for a total $48! The deal with the $10 GC went through and shows on the receipt but the Manager came by to strike it down and only offered me one or the other. Even though i gotta do a return on two of the games, Still got a pretty sweet deal, happy hunting CAGs.

TRU
Ghost Recon - $39.99
Pilot Wings - $19.99
+
BB
SF:IV - $39.99
Rayman - $19.99
RZ cert. - -$15.00
+tax
----------------------------
Total $114.14

I bought SSF43D with my 3DS at GS. But I'm getting Ghost Recon & Ridge Racer at TRU tomorrow. I might get Pilotwings and if I was able to go to TRU today instead of tomorrow, I'd got SSF43D w/ Pilotwings and had all four. There isn't another game I'd want with Pilotwings, so I'll have to hold off on it.

Operation:Whine has been a success ^_^. They told me to come back to the store and gave me 10$ off of 2 of my games (Pretty much making it equivalent to TRU's deal).

Calling Corporate ftw ^_^, had a feeling that might change thier minds

[quote name='z3razerviper']I just PMed this at best buy and they gave me the 10 dollar gift card[/QUOTE]
Did you PM this deal with the actual TRU ad, or did they PM TRU website?

[quote name='coolrust']Where did you get your ad? Is it available online?[/QUOTE]

Im a true CAG, I subscirbe to the Sunday paper so I can get these ads for price mathcing :)

bread's done
Back