Toys R Us B1G1 50% Off this Sunday on ALL GAMES

Despacio

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Game, get 50% off the other.

Starts Sunday, will last all week. Bundles like Tony Hawk and DJ Hero are pictured as well as new Zelda DS and The Saboteur which say they will be in store by 5pm on Tuesday.

So save your money if your looking to rack them up. Again, it's all games across all platforms. I just thought I would give the heads up so you can plan ahead and hold off on any other purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Like I said earlier, this sale was tailor made for consumers like yourself without any concept of basic math.[/QUOTE]
LOL!

Jaysonguy, your math is wrong.

[quote name='Blackjack13']Does this apply only to games? Or could I go and get a couple Xbox accessories and use this promotion?[/QUOTE]I'm wondering myself. Any word on this or is it strictly video games?

I've yet to see any ads on this though... just received an email alert for the Dec. 4-5 doorbuster, and this coming week's ad... nothing about games being B1G1 50%. Is this regional? :bomb:

Assuming each game is $60:

Buy 2 Get 1 Free = $40 per game
Pay $120, get 3 $60 games

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off = $45 per game
Pay $90, get 2 games.
Pay $180, get 4 games

[quote name='hallowicious']Assuming each game is $60:

Pay $90, get 2 games.
Pay $180, get 4 games[/QUOTE]

This argument is stupid. You can spin it how you want. Sure, B2G1F sounds like a better deal when you break it down per game, but guess what, you spend $120 vs. $90. $30 more. See, I can spin it in favor of the other deal.

GTFO.

I saw a few copies of God of War Collection in the Eatontown, NJ TRU, so it's finally hitting there. I just picked it up at Best Buy with the 20 dollar PSN card or i'd get that and the Pinball Hall of Fame.

[quote name='MasterSun1']This argument is stupid. You can spin it how you want. Sure, B2G1F sounds like a better deal when you break it down per game, but guess what, you spend $120 vs. $90. $30 more. See, I can spin it in favor of the other deal.

GTFO.[/QUOTE]

No spin needed, just pay attention to the details: I get 3 games for $120 ($60 + $60 + $0), you get 2 games for $90 ($60 + $30).

I didn't know basic math was so tough. Some of you guys need to stop playing video games and (re)take second grade math...

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 3
1 + 3 = 4

Good lord, why does anyone even care so much about the damn math in it? If you want in on the deal, go to Toys R Us and buy your crap, if not, then shut up. How is it not that simple?

[quote name='Invader Bugs']Good lord, why does anyone even care so much about the damn math in it? If you want in on the deal, go to Toys R Us and buy your crap, if not, then shut up. How is it not that simple?[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

[quote name='lmcam4']No spin needed, just pay attention to the details: I get 3 games for $120 ($60 + $60 + $0), you get 2 games for $90 ($60 + $30).

I didn't know basic math was so tough. Some of you guys need to stop playing video games and (re)take second grade math...

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 3
1 + 3 = 4[/QUOTE]

You are also assuming that everyone has $120 and that they want 3 games after the huge BF rush and deals.

I am going to jump on this and get a few $30 dollar games or maybe Mario and something....

It's like people saying they save $100 on a new system when you buy a new 360 and get a $100 gift card. Actually, you still pay MSRP on the system, droping $200 at the store, not $100. Now if people could just convince retailers to give them the system for $100 with no giftcard, we would be golden!

I want to pick up Dragon Quest V and maybe Zelda Spirit Tracks... I'd like The Saboteur but a $60 and $40 game won't be much of a deal.

[quote name='MasterSun1']This argument is stupid. You can spin it how you want. Sure, B2G1F sounds like a better deal when you break it down per game, but guess what, you spend $120 vs. $90. $30 more. See, I can spin it in favor of the other deal.

GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, that's hilarious. Spin? 33% off versus 25% off "sounds like a better deal"?

For some of us, spending $30 or even $3,000 more to acquire a substantially better deal isn't a problem. fucking $30 more, OH NOOOEZ.

In the reality that we are residing in, saving 33% versus 25% is a better deal.

What the fuck are we all arguing about anyway? Just buy or buy not. But B2G1 free obviously offers a larger discount, we all know this.

And as for the XBox Arcade with free $100 gift card, yes, you're not getting the system for 50% off, rather 33% off of $300 worth of goods. Still, a great deal considering consoles aren't discounted much usually...

sweet in for the saboteur and demons soul since i just got a PS3 and is the one game that sparked my interest the most.

I have a question.
I have a 15% coupon off any one item. Will they allow me to use this coupon with the deal? If they do allow it, would they take 15% off the full priced item or the 50% off item (or can I choose?)
Thanks if anyone knows the answer.

[quote name='Casteor']I think if MW2 sells for $60, then your next game will have to be $60 or less in order to get 50% off.[/QUOTE]

then i could buy DJ Hero (119.99) and get 50% off MW2 which will be $30 after?

[quote name='lmcam4']No spin needed, just pay attention to the details: I get 3 games for $120 ($60 + $60 + $0), you get 2 games for $90 ($60 + $30).

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 3
1 + 3 = 4[/QUOTE]
lol....your thinking of your savings per unit. The other guy is thinking of an absolute savings. Your way, you get a 3rd game for free....his way, he gets a 2nd game for half what you paid. Like he said....spin it the way you want to make yourself feel better.

So the deal is showing up online, so I call my local Toysrus and they said the deal starts the 11th or 12th. Has the deal started in-store?

[quote name='ryne candy']lol....your thinking of your savings per unit. The other guy is thinking of an absolute savings. Your way, you get a 3rd game for free....his way, he gets a 2nd game for half what you paid. Like he said....spin it the way you want to make yourself feel better.[/QUOTE]

This argument is ridiculous. There is no such thing as absolute savings. One deal is 25% off and one is 33% off. Yes, you have to spend more to get the 33% off, but you also get more. We don't need to keep debating this because there is nothing to debate. It's a fact and the only thing people need to decide is if it makes sense for them to buy two games at 25% off in light of other deals and tax in many states.

[quote name='Abeja']So the deal is showing up online, so I call my local Toysrus and they said the deal starts the 11th or 12th. Has the deal started in-store?[/QUOTE]

?? Good question.... I tried to call my store but everything is horribly automated and real people never answer the phone even when requested they do so.

I'll check later since i'll be right by there anyway.

[quote name='Abeja']So the deal is showing up online, so I call my local Toysrus and they said the deal starts the 11th or 12th. Has the deal started in-store?[/QUOTE]

Tried calling (twice) to see if the deal was in the store and no one answers after waiting on the line for roughly 10 minutes...

On another note, thanks for the information about the deal! Looking forward to picking up some PSP games (either today, so I can get Retribution, or tomorrow)!

UPDATE: Finally got through and they said the deal begins tomorrow, 12/6/09. I will be heading there tomorrow then!

Last edited by a moderator:

No, the deal start Sunday. ToysRUs.com and the stores share very little with one another. We do not match online prices, we cannot guarantee what is online will be in store, etc.

[quote name='Despacio']No, the deal start Sunday. ToysRUs.com and the stores share very little with one another. We do not match online prices, we cannot guarantee what is online will be in store, etc.[/QUOTE]

how is it they get away with being separate entities?

It used to be a lot more common. I remember being pissed that something i wanted from Compusa cost more in store than online, and they refused to match it.

Thanks guys for clearing it up. The kid probably was looking when the deal ends. Im glad it starts tomorrow.

[quote name='Despacio']No, the deal start Sunday. ToysRUs.com and the stores share very little with one another. We do not match online prices, we cannot guarantee what is online will be in store, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what a couple people told me. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense but ok. What I dont like is that Dragon Age and AC2 are out of stock, but available at the store near me.

Percentages are part of the illusion. 50% sounds better than '25% off when you buy two'. Buy one get 50% off the second also doesn't mean 25% off each, because that breaks if you mix a $60 and a $30 game. The deal also ensures you buy two products from a retailer and not just one, so again, that is to their favor not yours.

Toys R Us typically run their games at MSRP longer than other stores. Also when they have sales like this they re-up some of their discounted games so a title that might have been $45 or $50 last week is back up to $60 to account for the sale.

Not saying these are bad deals. Just saying these retailers are not giving you anything other than the most attractive spin they can put on selling more products.

These are good deals if you happen to want two same price titles, but if not, then you may find something more attractive elsewhere. It isn't really saving you anything by buying two games when you only want one. Heck, even if you want two games it isn't always the best deal.

Someone else's % means nothing, you have to do your own math.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Buy 2 get one free works out like this........
Buy 120 dollars worth of merchandise and save 60 dollars

Buy 1 gets one 50% off works out like this.........
Buy 60 dollars with of merchandise and save 30 dollars

It's the same exact math problem just doubled in one. If you choose to buy double of the buy 1 get one 50% off you're still saving the sixty dollars that you would if you bought the buy 2 gets one free sale.

It's not about games, it's about the money saved. Both of them saves you the same amount of money, they're just in different sale packages[/QUOTE]

This is a joke, right? Nobody can be that dumb...

[quote name='karkyco']
For some of us, spending $30 or even $3,000 more to acquire a substantially better deal isn't a problem. fucking $30 more, OH NOOOEZ. [/QUOTE]

I personally could buy game any game I wanted, but I think it's ridiculous that people only look at the deal in one way. Sure, you can buy a laptop that is $2000 with 50% off, but you still spend $1000 vs. buying a laptop that isn't on sale for $500 or something. You might be saving 50%, but you're spending 100% more than necessary and my point is that not everyone can afford that.

Oh my, sorry not everyone here is a billionaire like you. If you have so much money, why even bother on a site like this trying to penny pinch when you should be focusing on more important things?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Buy 2 get one free works out like this........
Buy 120 dollars worth of merchandise and save 60 dollars

Buy 1 gets one 50% off works out like this.........
Buy 60 dollars with of merchandise and save 30 dollars

It's the same exact math problem just doubled in one. If you choose to buy double of the buy 1 get one 50% off you're still saving the sixty dollars that you would if you bought the buy 2 gets one free sale.

It's not about games, it's about the money saved. Both of them saves you the same amount of money, they're just in different sale packages[/QUOTE]

Ok.. I gotta correct this.. Let's revisit the math here...

You figure out how much you save by doing: (Price Paid) / (MSRP Value)

B1G1 50% off = (60 + 30) / (60 + 60) = 3/4 MSRP -> 25% off

B2G1 free = (60 + 60) / (60 + 60 + 60) = 2/3 MSRP -> 33% off

If you expand this out to the lowest common multiple,

6 games, MSRP of $360 together:

B1G1 50% off -> $270 for 6 games ($90 per package x 3)
$270 / $360 = 75%, so you save 25%

B2G1 Free -> $240 for 6 games ($120 per package x 2)
$240 / $360 = 66.6%, so you save 33%

So based on this math, the B1G1 50% off is not as good as the October B2G1 sale. No matter how many packages you decide to buy, you're always saving the same % per package.. it's just that you're forced into a specific package size. The two deals will ONLY be equivalent if they allow you to B1G1 50% off, and buy an additional 1 game and take 50% off the same game you got the discount off from (essentially, B2G1)

^ why do you people analyze this so much?!!?!!? GOD!!! WHO CARES!?!?!?!?! its a sale just enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!! they could be full price! holy god.

anyway. does any one have a link to this deal or a scan or something? i need to get something at bb tomorrow and wanna see if they'll match it.

Whether or not B2G1 or B1G1 50% off is a better way to go depends on the situation. Anyone looking to maximize amount saved will be better off with B2G1. However, if you're one of those types who can't ever find three games that you actually want during a B2G1 sale, B1G1 50% off is better alternative for you (that is assuming you can find 2 games you want). We can't argue which is better because this fact is entirely based on the situation and goals of the consumer.

Can we all at least agree that both deals are better than MSRP. We're CAGs. We HATE MSRP.

[quote name='Nighthawks28']I have a question.
I have a 15% coupon off any one item. Will they allow me to use this coupon with the deal? If they do allow it, would they take 15% off the full priced item or the 50% off item (or can I choose?)
Thanks if anyone knows the answer.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I also wonder if I can stack the 15% off coupon with the 50% off deal. I got this 15% off from the mail because being a member of TRU's rewards system.

Went to TRU around noon and the games department looked to have been looted and robbed. It was a absolute mess and full of people. Looked behind the glass and couldn't find anything I was after. Saw someone working there and asked if they had anymore NSMB Wii and he said they never had any today because the video game shipment to resupply their stock hasn't came in yet. It's due tonight though so I should have first dubs tomorrow.

Hoping to get a MW2 for a gift and a NSMB Wii for $25. Then will return that Mario to BB and use my release day receipt to get a $50+tax refund. That'll make This copy of MW2 $35+tax. I'm a whore but nobody gets hurt lol.

[quote name='MasterSun1']
[quote name='hallowicious']Assuming each game is $60:

Pay $90, get 2 games.
Pay $180, get 4 games[/QUOTE]
This argument is stupid. You can spin it how you want. Sure, B2G1F sounds like a better deal when you break it down per game, but guess what, you spend $120 vs. $90. $30 more. See, I can spin it in favor of the other deal.

GTFO.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't an argument- it's an accurate mathematical breakdown of the average cost of each game for the two deals. Also, your claim that "you spend $120 vs. $90... $30 more" ignores the fact that you get an additional game for that $30.

How about this:

Buy 2 Get 1 Free (assuming $60 games)
$120 x 2 = $240
$240 for 6 games ($40 per game)

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off (assuming $60 games)
$90 x 3= $270
$270 for 6 games ($45 per game)

Next time you should probably realize that math is a fact before you tell someone to GTFO, otherwise you just look like a fool. And if you still want to use your "but it costs $30 more argument", I'm sure it would be easy enough to pay the extra $30 and pick up a copy of MW2 or another recent release and resell it for $45, which would then make the B2G1 even better (making two games cost $75- $37.50 each).

See, I can spin it in favor of the other deal.

GTFO.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I personally could buy game any game I wanted, but I think it's ridiculous that people only look at the deal in one way. Sure, you can buy a laptop that is $2000 with 50% off, but you still spend $1000 vs. buying a laptop that isn't on sale for $500 or something. You might be saving 50%, but you're spending 100% more than necessary and my point is that not everyone can afford that.

Oh my, sorry not everyone here is a billionaire like you. If you have so much money, why even bother on a site like this trying to penny pinch when you should be focusing on more important things?[/QUOTE]

LOL, no need to let bitterness get the best of you, small fry. I'm here for the same reason that probably almost everyone else on this website is here and the same reason you're here no doubt, and that is, I love games and love to save money on them.

Your laptop 'argument' is irrelevant unless you are comparing the exact same laptops. Most of the time, a $2,000 (current) laptop is going to be substantially superior to a $500 (current) laptop (i.e., you're getting what your paying for in the difference between the models), provided you're not shopping at some shady store that is keystoning, then keystoning again the exact same $500 laptop and selling it for $2,000 "on sale" for $1,000.

It's all a matter of value - if the 2K laptop is actually worth 2K, then 50% off, then that is an excellent deal. Of course, not everyone is in the market for a 2K laptop or even a 2K laptop at 50% off, thus perhaps the $500 laptop not on sale is more appropriate for them. And if the $500 laptop doesn't have the specs you require yet the $1K laptop does, then it's not exactly "spending 100% more than necessary" now is it?

In any case, 99 out of 100 people with a pulse seem to have the crazy notion that a 33% savings is more than a 25% savings, when comparing apples (new games) to apples (new games). Sure, you "only" have to buy 2 new games with this deal versus 3, you "only" have to spend the amount the 2 games you want costs versus spending the amount 3 games cost, but you only save a maximum of 25% versus 33%. There is no fucking spin. There is the absolute savings of the deal, and which deal's savings rate is superior.

You can buy any game you want, good for you, junior. I'll have Sprinkles bake you a dozen cupcakes and ship them over to you to celebrate. Now I'm done with this nonsense, if one thinks the B1G1 50% off is a better deal for them, then good for them. Enjoy...

bread's done
Back