Toys R Us B1G1 50% Off this Sunday on ALL GAMES

Despacio

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Game, get 50% off the other.

Starts Sunday, will last all week. Bundles like Tony Hawk and DJ Hero are pictured as well as new Zelda DS and The Saboteur which say they will be in store by 5pm on Tuesday.

So save your money if your looking to rack them up. Again, it's all games across all platforms. I just thought I would give the heads up so you can plan ahead and hold off on any other purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']lol, no need to let bitterness get the best of you, small fry. I'm here for the same reason that probably almost everyone else on this website is here and the same reason you're here no doubt, and that is, i love games and love to save money on them.

Your laptop 'argument' is irrelevant unless you are comparing the exact same laptops. Most of the time, a $2,000 (current) laptop is going to be substantially superior to a $500 (current) laptop (i.e., you're getting what your paying for in the difference between the models), provided you're not shopping at some shady store that is keystoning, then keystoning again the exact same $500 laptop and selling it for $2,000 "on sale" for $1,000.

It's all a matter of value - if the 2k laptop is actually worth 2k, then 50% off, then that is an excellent deal. Of course, not everyone is in the market for a 2k laptop or even a 2k laptop at 50% off, thus perhaps the $500 laptop not on sale is more appropriate for them. And if the $500 laptop doesn't have the specs you require yet the $1k laptop does, then it's not exactly "spending 100% more than necessary" now is it?

In any case, 99 out of 100 people with a pulse seem to have the crazy notion that a 33% savings is more than a 25% savings, when comparing apples (new games) to apples (new games). Sure, you "only" have to buy 2 new games with this deal versus 3, you "only" have to spend the amount the 2 games you want costs versus spending the amount 3 games cost, but you only save a maximum of 25% versus 33%. There is no fucking spin. There is the absolute savings of the deal, and which deal's savings rate is superior.

You can buy any game you want, good for you, junior. I'll have sprinkles bake you a dozen cupcakes and ship them over to you to celebrate. Now i'm done with this nonsense, if one thinks the b1g1 50% off is a better deal for them, then good for them. Enjoy...[/quote]

ZzZzZzzZ

Went to the Times Square TRU in NYC and it was terrible. Way too many people and the game selection was horrible. It seemed like TRU hid all good games in the back room or something. I vow to never go back to that TRU ever again.

My store a joke they never answer the phone so I finally get mad and go. They didn't restock anything as promised and stock was much lower than yesterday. The kid behind the counter who I'd watched being rude and aggrivated with every customer before me in line swore they had restocked everything this morning... Lol no way in hell... So to start the sale yesterday they didn't have barely any new release games except like 2 copies of l4d2 yesterday and a bunch of dragon age.. Nice sale!

Maybe people bought the games before you did. Looking at this thread, it seems every TRU was very busy on video game traffic. Let's not think too hard.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a good deal on a Rock Band 2 bundle. Me and a friend both wanted one, so we went to Toys R Us and paid together for the deal. Apparently they took the 50% off the second bundle before taking off the $40 for the sale price. So it came out to $142 after 8.something% sales tax. So it was about $71 each for the full bundle.

In some ways I agree with karkyco, B2G1 free is definitely a better deal and when I only want 2 games, I Ebay the 3rd, which generally turns it into an even BETTER deal (I'm just not a fan of buying games solely to Ebay, I only do it to fill in for a 2nd/3rd in these type of deals).

However, I want Spirit Tracks and there are no B2G1 free going on right now are there? So Buy 1 get 1 half off it is. I'm sure I can find another game I want.

Does anyone know if TRU will price match The Saboteur from Best Buy (They're selling it at a special launch price of $50).

I'd like to jump on the B1G1 and still get it for $50.

TRU doesn't pricematch. Best bet is to go to Best Buy and get them to price match the deal but I think they only let you do it on MSRP games.

[quote name='icedrake523']TRU doesn't pricematch. Best bet is to go to Best Buy and get them to price match the deal but I think they only let you do it on MSRP games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick answer!

I'll check it out.

Also just found out that Amazon is matching the $50 discounted price.

Went to Toys R Us this morning,

Picked Up Saboteur and Assassin Creed 2.

Thanks to ca taxes, came out to $97.85 or $48.92 per game. Not too bad for a launch title I suppose. Not really great either though, since I missed out on the Amazon gift card for AC2 pre-order.

[quote name='Weepingwillow']Thanks for the quick answer!

I'll check it out.

Also just found out that Amazon is matching the $50 discounted price.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, Saboteur's MSRP is going to be $50. I think it has something to do with Pandemic shutting down.

Picked up Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Little Big Planet (for the PSP) yesterday.

The videogames section at the TRU in Danbury, CT looked like a bomb went off in it.

[quote name='Soleax']Went to the Times Square TRU in NYC and it was terrible. Way too many people and the game selection was horrible. It seemed like TRU hid all good games in the back room or something. I vow to never go back to that TRU ever again.[/QUOTE]

Shocking isn't it given it's their flagship store in NYC? I've always thought all of their stores carry way too few titles for the XB360 and PS3 and way too many Wii and DS games. Unfortunately, things aren't too much better in the other stores in the city. Always have trouble finding enough games to make any of their B1G1 50% off or B2G1 sales worth it.

Picked up 2 copies of :ps3: Modern Warfare 2 and also got :ps3: Terminator Salvation and :ps3: Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack.

Terminator and the Track Packs are $19.99 in store, even though the shelf tags state $49.99 and $29.99 respectively.

... plus I was able to use by $10 off $100 coupon.

Out the door for all 4 -> $117.xx (including tax).

Sold one MW2 for $48 to a friend ... so my cost is around $70 for the 3 games.

[quote name='flix1']Picked up 2 copies of :ps3: Modern Warfare 2 and also got :ps3: Terminator Salvation and :ps3: Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack.

Terminator and the Track Packs are $19.99 in store, even though the shelf tags state $49.99 and $29.99 respectively.

... plus I was able to use by $10 off $100 coupon.

Out the door for all 4 -> $117.xx (including tax).

Sold one MW2 for $48 to a friend ... so my cost is around $70 for the 3 games.[/QUOTE]

dude, 60+60+20+20-10=$150 plus tax

i wouldnt mind getting RBCRTP for $20 plus another game gotta check it out tom

[quote name='aleraiders']dude, 60+60+20+20-10=$150 plus tax

i wouldnt mind getting RBCRTP for $20 plus another game gotta check it out tom[/QUOTE]

He got $30 off for the 2 $60 games.

[quote name='flix1']Picked up 2 copies of :ps3: Modern Warfare 2[/QUOTE]

You bastage! You left none for the rest of us :(

[quote name='icedrake523']He got $30 off for the 2 $60 games.[/QUOTE]

whoa, my fault, i cant believe u can stack promos and coupons, nice!

Well I was going to grab Zelda Spirit Tracks and Bowser's Story but looks like they are both going to be $25 at Target Sunday. So I'm going to PM at BB and use $5 RZ to get em for $45!

[quote name='CombatCraig']Well I was going to grab Zelda Spirit Tracks and Bowser's Story but looks like they are both going to be $25 at Target Sunday. So I'm going to PM at BB and use $5 RZ to get em for $45![/QUOTE]

Where did you see this Target deal?

[quote name='zephie']From what I've read, Saboteur's MSRP is going to be $50. I think it has something to do with Pandemic shutting down.[/QUOTE]

It was 60 at my toys r us.. picked it up with Silent Hill Shattered Memories the other day.

Does anyone know if this is still going on in store? A co-worker said this is still live in store 'til the 23rd.

I'm fairly certain it was meant to end last Saturday, and I'm not seeing anything on the website indicating it's still going. Playing Devil's Advocate, though, in-store could be different, and this has been a crazy holiday shopping season: it wouldn't surprise me if they extended it.

bread's done
Back