Toys R Us will sell Pikachu 3DS for $149.99

[quote name='finstersucks']I hope TRU sells this at $150. All the savages can go there, and I'll pay the extra $10 for target's with little to no hassle Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm with you. I have a Target right across the street from me while my Toys R Us is a 15-20 minute drive to get there. The 10 dollar difference isn't all that much when you factor in the gas it would cost me.

Could you pre-order from Toys R Us and have it shipped to you, and if it gets there in time, take it into the store and get a price adjustment? If so, what information would you need?

[quote name='garrett9418']I think so? Can somebody back me up on this?[/QUOTE]

All of Nintendo's "Themed" systems are L.E. How many, and how long it may be available is anyone's guess, but it will stop being sold at some point.

something as popular as pikachu will have enough made so that you won't have to kill someone to get it.. it won't sell out in one day but it won't last too long

at $159.99 it will probably sell out at toysrus, but since it's available at so many stores there shouldn't be a problem

[quote name='CodeTrader']You can take the ad to Target and price match. Plus if you have a Target REDCard you can save an extra 5%.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm doing. haha

It would be nice if all of the 3DSXL's will be $149.99 at TRU. I'd still pricematch at either Target for the redcard bonus 5% off, or hopefully get an amazon PM since I still have plenty of amazon GC credit from that Best Buy $50 off $100 with MasterCard purchase from a couple of months ago. That would effectively make it $75 plus tax...

I hope someone confirms this with an adscan. I am not sold with that twitter picture. I already have around 7 games for 3ds i bought at great prices and been waiting for a good 3dsxl price. At 150 i think that is the best i will get. I do not mind it being pikachu.

This is where Nintendo's archaic, drachonian licensing policies are going to bite them right in the ass. I probably would have bought a 3DS XL before, but would certainly get one for $150, IF ONLY I COULD HAVE ALL MY GAMES ON IT! But no, my ambassador games are locked to a system. So I can pay $150 to give up the portability of my launch 3DS (which barely fits into my pocket as is) for a system that can't access my ambassador games, spotpass DLC, and the few eshop games I have? And all the convienence of having these digital copies of retail games that Nintendo has started trying to force on us through very limited retail prints will be wiped away too.

So yeah, I guess my question is can I transfer licenses/saves indefinately, or is there a limited number of transfers you can perform? That's a massive inconvienence, it took my friend around an hour or so to transfer NOTHING but 4 Swords and his system/wireless settings from his DSi to 3DS, but I've got some store credit to burn through so I may still consider it if I can transfer back and forth as much as I please. I'd like a 3DS XL to use solely for when I'm playing at home, but I'll be damned if I'm buying one that won't be able to play anything more than my retail games (which Nintendo is trying to phase out now anyways).

Anybody got any answers on this?

[quote name='rcerboss']Anybody got any answers on this?[/QUOTE]

You can transfer everything over at least five times between devices just like PSN content

[quote name='rcerboss']Anybody got any answers on this?[/QUOTE]

Pull the stick out of your ass? What on earth does any of that have to do with "licensing policies"?

I gotta say though, "drachonian" made me laugh really hard. I'd say learn to spell, but that word didn't belong there anyway.

[quote name='bonesawisready']You can transfer everything over at least five times between devices just like PSN content[/QUOTE]

Right, I should have been more clear. Is it 5 times total? If I take a 3DS and 3DS XL and transfer files back and forth between the same systems, will the games be locked onto one after 5 times, or does it only count as one because they are the same systems? I can't find this answer anywhere on Nintendo's site so I'm pretty sure it's 5 times total. On PSN you could have the games on 5 systems at any one time until they changed it, even now though you can have the same game on any 2 PS3's at the same time with one purchase, and I KNOW Nintendo won't allow that.

Either way the entire situation is a joke. How Nintendo gets anyone into their eshop at all when they treat digital purchases like this is beyond me.

[quote name='Flowstance']Pull the stick out of your ass? What on earth does any of that have to do with "licensing policies"?

I gotta say though, "drachonian" made me laugh really hard. I'd say learn to spell, but that word didn't belong there anyway.[/QUOTE]

I want a 3DS XL to play at home, and a standard 3DS for everywhere else. And I want access to ALL of my content on both the XL and the portable system that is actually, well, somewhat portable. That has EVERYTHING to do with licensing policies. I think it's pretty clear to anyone not blinded by fanboyism how licensing policies are impacted by this. It makes all the difference as to whether I am willing to buy a 2nd system.

Draconian: Adjective meaning harsh, or unusually severe or cruel. That describes Nintendo's digital licensing policies perfectly, particularly on 3DS. Maybe you should work on reading comprehension before you criticize me for throwing in an extra "h".

YES, you can transfer "everything" 5 times. Each time you perform this function, the system will state how many transfers you have left. I'm really hoping that Nintendo comes up with an actual account system before I reach my 5 total transfers. In regards to how long it takes, mine took around 30-40 minutes total. I have heard others have taken longer, and some less. It depends on your internet connection, and how much stuff you have to transfer.

EDIT:Each transfer counts as one, so if you go back and forth between two units, once you reach 5, those items will be stuck on the last system to receive them. Sadly, until Nintendo steps out of the stoned age, you won't be able to share games/apps between 2 separate devices. NOA, are you reading this? Transfers are BS, get with the damn program, and allow for an account based system.

[quote name='rcerboss']
I want a 3DS XL to play at home, and a standard 3DS for everywhere else. And I want access to ALL of my content on both the XL and the portable system that is actually, well, somewhat portable. That has EVERYTHING to do with licensing policies. I think it's pretty clear to anyone not blinded by fanboyism how licensing policies are impacted by this.

Draconian: Adjective meaning harsh, or unusually severe or cruel. That describes Nintendo's digital licensing policies perfectly, particularly on 3DS. Maybe you should work on reading comprehension before you criticize me for throwing in an extra "h".[/QUOTE]

Lol, it's cute how gamers picked that word up to try to demonize DRM, and now its just an accepted part of the vocabulary, no matter how fucking stupid it sounds.

If you're talking about e-shop accounts though, you should probably be more clear. "Licensing policies" are already a thing, and they have nothing at all to do with an account system.

If Pikachu was black i"d be all over this..:D Only thing that is cool in yellow was that azn power ranger in the 90s.

[quote name='chrislaustin']YES, you can transfer "everything" 5 times. Each time you perform this function, the system will state how many transfers you have left. I'm really hoping that Nintendo comes up with an actual account system before I reach my 5 total transfers. In regards to how long it takes, mine took around 30-40 minutes total. I have heard others have taken longer, and some less. It depends on your internet connection, and how much stuff you have to transfer.

EDIT:Each transfer counts as one, so if you go back and forth between two units, once you reach 5, those items will be stuck on the last system to receive them. Sadly, until Nintendo steps out of the stoned age, you won't be able to share games/apps between 2 separate devices. NOA, are you reading this? Transfers are BS, get with the damn program, and allow for an account based system.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm passing on the XL then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Ok so I can confirm that our sapphires do indeed show that sale, just like the pictures show. It wont be an un-advertised deal, it will be part of the physical ad.

Heres the problem, until I can get my hands on the ad itself I think thats a system error for the price. We have the ad packet (box of signs to be put up for all the sales) and in that packet there are two different sales.

All 3DS systems are going to be 149.99
All 3DS XL systems are going to be 179.99

Since pikachu is a 3ds XL, it shouldn't fall under the normal 3DS sale price, but does.

IF the ad shows the pikachu system under the 149.99 price mark, expect stores to put a disclaimer up apologizing for the mess up but that the system is really 179.99.

Hope this helps you guys out. Sorry for no ad to post, for some reason we just haven't received them or our store receiver has it sitting some where and not where I keep my ad stuff.

[quote name='JerikoHusky']Ok so I can confirm that our sapphires do indeed show that sale, just like the pictures show. It wont be an un-advertised deal, it will be part of the physical ad.

Heres the problem, until I can get my hands on the ad itself I think thats a system error for the price. We have the ad packet (box of signs to be put up for all the sales) and in that packet there are two different sales.

Since pikachu is a 3ds XL, it shouldn't fall under the normal 3DS sale price, but does.

IF the ad shows the pikachu system under the 149.99 price mark, expect stores to put a disclaimer up apologizing for the mess up but that the system is really 179.99.

Hope this helps you guys out. Sorry for no ad to post, for some reason we just haven't received them or our store receiver has it sitting some where and not where I keep my ad stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This helps out a lot!

[quote name='JerikoHusky']Ok so I can confirm that our sapphires do indeed show that sale, just like the pictures show. It wont be an un-advertised deal, it will be part of the physical ad.

Hope this helps you guys out. Sorry for no ad to post, for some reason we just haven't received them or our store receiver has it sitting some where and not where I keep my ad stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Seemed a little too good to be true.

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, even if its a misprint, you should be able to get the PM at Target if its pictured for 149.99[/QUOTE]
I'm sure some will do this if it's a misprint, but that's not exactly respectable shopping behavior. *Guffaw! mumble mumble*

[quote name='BWeed560']If Pikachu was black i"d be all over this.. Only thing that is cool in yellow was that azn power ranger in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it cute how subtly racist power rangers was?

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, even if its a misprint, you should be able to get the PM at Target if its pictured for 149.99[/QUOTE]

Correct. The only time it wouldn't work is if certain stores check their emails. Lets say Walmart has something priced wrong, we generally get an email warning us that its wrong and to not price match it. So it could be a YMMV situation.

Just note that what I posted doesnt mean things cant change. I could be told to throw away both those sale signs and make a new one that prices them all at 149.99, it just depends on which way they decide to go. The Pika 3DS could also just be a separate sale in the ad (I have no sale sign saying such but they forget to make signs all the time in the packets).

As for those saying thank you, your welcome for the info. I will try and get an ad pic posted when I can.

[quote name='rcerboss']Right, I should have been more clear. Is it 5 times total? If I take a 3DS and 3DS XL and transfer files back and forth between the same systems, will the games be locked onto one after 5 times, or does it only count as one because they are the same systems? I can't find this answer anywhere on Nintendo's site so I'm pretty sure it's 5 times total. On PSN you could have the games on 5 systems at any one time until they changed it, even now though you can have the same game on any 2 PS3's at the same time with one purchase, and I KNOW Nintendo won't allow that.

Either way the entire situation is a joke. How Nintendo gets anyone into their eshop at all when they treat digital purchases like this is beyond me.

I want a 3DS XL to play at home, and a standard 3DS for everywhere else. And I want access to ALL of my content on both the XL and the portable system that is actually, well, somewhat portable. That has EVERYTHING to do with licensing policies. I think it's pretty clear to anyone not blinded by fanboyism how licensing policies are impacted by this. It makes all the difference as to whether I am willing to buy a 2nd system.

Draconian: Adjective meaning harsh, or unusually severe or cruel. That describes Nintendo's digital licensing policies perfectly, particularly on 3DS. Maybe you should work on reading comprehension before you criticize me for throwing in an extra "h".[/QUOTE]

As I imagine you've already figured out by answers posted here, yes the content can only be played on one system at a time. So you could transfer your content to the XL, then back to the 3DS, then back to the XL, then back and so on until you hit 5 total transfers between all units.

Then content would be stuck on that device. I don't mean to sound rude and I do wish Nintendo would fix this policy (though they get a lot of flack when many other major companies have policies like this, doesn't make it better but they aren't unique in this) but you should know you aren't the target audience for this type of transfer process.

Nintendo doesn't really think most people (and I'd say 98% of the 3DS user base) have the desire or funds to own two 3DS units at once for specific reasons. Maybe they should take this into consideration but you're a very, very small minority here in that most people won't own two 3DS units and won't hit the 5 transfer limit.

I'd just stick with the XL if I was you and put it in your bag if you carry one (like backpack, etc) or wait for a 3DS Lite model which might sport slighly bigger screens (3.8 inches is my guess) but still be rather portable.

Unlikely. It doesn't sound like the ad shows the $149.99 price for the Pokemon system, just $149.99 for 3DS systems and $179.99 for 3DSXL.

[quote name='JerikoHusky']To be fair TRU does A LOT of unadvertised good deals. Most recent is probably the blu-ray players we have on sale for $20, which has been running for about a month now. Wouldn't surprise me if this sale ends up being an un-ad sale when i check tomorrow for you guys.[/QUOTE]

$20 blu-ray...which one?

I've heard from another TRU employee that it's $170 and a $20 dollar giftcard. Ah, this is kinda getting confusing. Thanks for the info though. Looks like I might just stick with Target and not bother with the extra 10 dollars I'm going to save.

[quote name='tEhLoNeR']I've heard from another TRU employee that it's $170 and a $20 dollar giftcard. Ah, this is kinda getting confusing. Thanks for the info though. Looks like I might just stick with Target and not bother with the extra 10 dollars I'm going to save.[/QUOTE]

Yea it el be nice when I can get my hands on the ad. Just didn't feel like leaving you guys with nothing for a few days.

170 with a 20 dollar gift card sounds more like a TRU deal. I figured it was a mistake, but stranger things have happened.

If it still rings up at 149.99 on Sunday morning, will I still be able to grab one?

[quote name='chrislaustin']170 with a 20 dollar gift card sounds more like a TRU deal. I figured it was a mistake, but stranger things have happened.

If it still rings up at 149.99 on Sunday morning, will I still be able to grab one?[/QUOTE]

Technically yes. We never had an issue where we would have to pull items from the floor due to messed up sales. If the sale isnt true, they will have fixed the issue in the system prior to 10am (or whatever time your stores open).

[quote name='JerikoHusky']Yea it el be nice when I can get my hands on the ad. Just didn't feel like leaving you guys with nothing for a few days.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's fine, any information is good at this point :)

[quote name='JerikoHusky']Technically yes. We never had an issue where we would have to pull items from the floor due to messed up sales. If the sale isnt true, they will have fixed the issue in the system prior to 10am (or whatever time your stores open).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the updates. I guess I'll be going back to the original Target deal, as driving the extra miles to TRU isn't worth the gift card bonus.

Thanks for the head's up. So the YMMV possible best deal at this point will be a PM with the physical ad in hand at Target.

[quote name='midloo']Thanks for the update. Seemed a little too good to be true.

I'm sure some will do this if it's a misprint, but that's not exactly respectable shopping behavior. *Guffaw! mumble mumble*[/QUOTE]

According to Target's pricematch policy, they will pricematch a competitor's advertised prices. Thus, having an official Toys R Us ad in hand with an indicated price hardly qualifies as "not exactly respectable shopping behavior". Not to mention, until we see the actual TRU ad, we have no idea if it's a "misprint", "pricing mistake/error", or just a damn good deal on that particular Pikachu 3DSXL.

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks for the head's up. So best bet will probably be a YMMV PM with the physical ad in hand at Target, as amazon undoubtedly will PM based on TRU online prices, which will probably have the Target prices of $159.99.[/QUOTE]

For the last time (I hope), it's pointless to have Amazon PM, it doesn't even sell the 3DS.

[quote name='Serpentor']For the last time (I hope), it's pointless to have Amazon PM, it doesn't even sell the 3DS.[/QUOTE]
Apparently people don't pay attention to this sort of thing. I dare say, most people have been living under a rock if they don't know that Amazon doesn't sell the 3ds anymore.

Thanks for the update. Are the sapphires the hand held scanner devices? I was at my local Tru and they entered the number into it and it came up as 199.99.

Here's hoping for 150. But I'll be just fine with 160

[quote name='Zazoo']Thanks for the update. Are the sapphires the hand held scanner devices? I was at my local Tru and they entered the number into it and it came up as 199.99.

Here's hoping for 150. But I'll be just fine with 160[/QUOTE]

Yes our hand scanners are called sapphires. In order for them to see the 149.99 they need to go under "price check", enter the number and then on the following screen hit "Promo details" thats how you get to the screen the pictures showed. If they just scanned it to see the price it would show 199.99.

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks for the head's up. So the YMMV possible best deal at this point will be a PM with the physical ad in hand at Target.

According to Target's pricematch policy, they will pricematch a competitor's advertised prices. Thus, having an official Toys R Us ad in hand with an indicated price hardly qualifies as "not exactly respectable shopping behavior". Not to mention, until we see the actual TRU ad, we have no idea if it's a "misprint", "pricing mistake/error", or just a damn good deal on that particular Pikachu 3DSXL.[/QUOTE]

Part of me would like to see deals like this show up more as "intentional" misprints. Y'know, leak a deal that's well under MSRP, put it in the actual ad, then have all the stores put up signs apologizing for the "mistake" while the competitors (in this case, Target & Walmart) get swarmed with price matches.

...I know it wouldn't make any sense, or be exactly legal, but just sayin'.

[quote name='Deathmore10']Apparently people don't pay attention to this sort of thing. I dare say, most people have been living under a rock if they don't know that Amazon doesn't sell the 3ds anymore.[/QUOTE]

I was one of the people to say Amazon should PM, then someone informed me of them not selling. So I went back and check to realize that it was all 3rd parties. My bad, I made a mistake but there's really no need for you to be a douchebag about it. I dare say, grow up?

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I was one of the people to say Amazon should PM, then someone informed me of them not selling. So I went back and check to realize that it was all 3rd parties. My bad, I made a mistake but there's really no need for you to be a douchebag about it. I dare say, grow up?[/QUOTE]
That was in response to Karkyco's post asking if they'll price match, at least before he edited it. The name calling and mockery is definitely uncalled for, especially since I haven't even seen your post, nor was it in response to you.

It's shocking is all that people don't know that Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo consoles anymore, there's was a huge thing about it a while back. Yet, we get people asking if Amazon will price match every time there's a sale thread for a 3ds or Wii U, apparently not many people shop at Amazon for Nintendo consoles if they are only now hearing about this news.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I was one of the people to say Amazon should PM, then someone informed me of them not selling. So I went back and check to realize that it was all 3rd parties. My bad, I made a mistake but there's really no need for you to be a douchebag about it. I dare say, grow up?[/QUOTE]

I have never seen someone so easily offended on the internet before (if the post you quoted was what offended you), but run and hide somewhere far from the scum of the internet.

Ad says get a $20. gift card with any 3DS game system purchase.The Xl is selling for 179.99 and the regular 3DS is 149.99.

bread's done
Back