Toys R Us will sell Pikachu 3DS for $149.99

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You don't want it too bad. Waiting around. Calling. I would've been there by now! LMFAO!

Edit: Just noticed my half sleepy, excited, hyper ace posted over an hour after you! Did you get 1?[/QUOTE]

I actually got one at my closest Target, as I was the only one there when they opened, and they had ONLY 1 unit.

I wanted to get one from TRU, so that I could use the GC and get Luigi today, as I have a Newegg preorder coming on tuesday. Then I figured I would just sale the extra game and Pikachu. Once I called, they had 4 left, but the guy working said there where some people waiting, so I said fuck it, and stayed home.

I did call back after 15 minutes to see if they where sold out, and got a different guy, who told me he couldn't give qty over the phone, what BS? The guy 15 minutes earlier told me Qty, no problem. Boy, I hate retail locations. Normally I never deal locally with such items, but the deals made me brave the BS, as a true CAGer would. LOL

[quote name='Chedeng88']WOW! TRU PMed Target $160 deal plus gave me $40 GC! (I bought two). It's like getting it for $140 each :bouncy:

I guess it was blessing that I struck out at Target (there were a bunch of kids camped out as early as 6AM). So I just grabbed an ad, had breakfast and hit TRU when it opened. PMed with ad went smooth and I was surprised when the manager who did the override also handed me the $40 GC.[/QUOTE]

This is very YMMV.

The price match was not done correctly in the system. If it were done correctly, the line where is says "immediate markdown" should read "price match".

[quote name='chrislaustin']I actually got one at my closest Target, as I was the only one there when they opened, and they had ONLY 1 unit.

I wanted to get one from TRU, so that I could use the GC and get Luigi today, as I have a Newegg preorder coming on tuesday. Then I figured I would just sale the extra game and Pikachu. Once I called, they had 4 left, but the guy working said there where some people waiting, so I said fuck it, and stayed home.

I did call back after 15 minutes to see if they where sold out, and got a different guy, who told me he couldn't give qty over the phone, what BS? The guy 15 minutes earlier told me Qty, no problem. Boy, I hate retail locations. Normally I never deal locally with such items, but the deals made me brave the BS, as a true CAGer would. LOL[/QUOTE]

Congrats!:D Limited Edition Club! Woop!

[quote name='prim4444']This is very YMMV.

The price match was not done correctly in the system. If it were done correctly, the line where is says "immediate markdown" should read "price match".[/QUOTE]

The gods must be smiling at me then, as it was also the same manager that shut me down during Christmas when I tried to PM the 3DS XL MK7 bundle with GC. She was noticeably in a much much better mood today. :)

I also "paid it forward" as the guy behind me had no idea about the PM and was ready to pay full retail. I passed along the Target ad and told him about the PM and GC. He was thanking me all the way back to the parking lot. lol

[quote name='spmahn']I wouldn't be caught in public playing this thing if you paid me a million dollars![/QUOTE]

I don't play Pokemon but I would definitely play a Pikachu 3DS in public for a million bucks. :whistle2:k

[quote name='chrislaustin']I actually got one at my closest Target, as I was the only one there when they opened, and they had ONLY 1 unit.

I did call back after 15 minutes to see if they where sold out, and got a different guy, who told me he couldn't give qty over the phone, what BS? The guy 15 minutes earlier told me Qty, no problem. Boy, I hate retail locations. Normally I never deal locally with such items, but the deals made me brave the BS, as a true CAGer would. LOL[/QUOTE]

Its still the same as if you got it from Target as from TRU unless the manager messes up on the PM and gives you the extra gift card. Otherwise with the giftcard included it knocks it down to 159.99 still. (In TRU's case you would be paying for the Target price and 20 dollars for a gift card)

All things aside congrads on the system :)

I couldn't find a Pikachu 3DS XL anywhere in my area so I just gave up and bought a Red 3DS XL (since I didnt have one) so it didnt turn to be the worst day but not the best... I hate the people who bought it just to resell it.. I actually really wanted it.. And for being so limited.. :(

[quote name='gldoorii']Went to my TrU and grabbed the last Pikachu 3DS, but it rang up $199 and not part of the current promotion...then I had to wait about 15mins for the manager to come over and correct the price, but it rang up $179 with the $20 gift card.. I thought it was going to be $149 and told them I'd brb while I went to my car to get my phone so I could come to CAG and show them...which of course ended up not being true, so I figured I'd buy it at the $179 + $20 card...but when I got back into the store and waited through the 20 minute customer service line (where they said they left the 3DS for me) it ended up not even being there and they apparently sold it to the lady that was behind me when I walked out to get my phone.

Not a good start to the day.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what is "worse": leaving your phone in the car or the fact that you were going to show them a forum post rather than an ad or something.

[quote name='Chedeng88']The gods must be smiling at me then, as it was also the same manager that shut me down during Christmas when I tried to PM the 3DS XL MK7 bundle with GC. She was noticeably in a much much better mood today. :)

I also "paid it forward" as the guy behind me had no idea about the PM and was ready to pay full retail. I passed along the Target ad and told him about the PM and GC. He was thanking me all the way back to the parking lot. lol[/QUOTE]

The CAG gods sing their praises for you on this day!

Thanks for being a nice guy.

bread's done
Back