Toys R Us will sell Pikachu 3DS for $149.99

[quote name='haywire69']Ad says get a $20. gift card with any 3DS game system purchase.The Xl is selling for 179.99 and the regular 3DS is 149.99.[/QUOTE]

So, the only way this beats the Target deal is if the register treats the 3DSXL Pikachu system as a 3DS as it appears to be doing currently on the scanners in which case you'd get the system for $150 plus a $20 gift card. That unfortunately does nothing to help us if the system rings up for $180 as the ad doesn't say it's $150 for the Pikachu system. Still, I suppose that beats Gamestop at full MSRP if Target sells out.

[quote name='bojay1997']So, the only way this beats the Target deal is if the register treats the 3DSXL Pikachu system as a 3DS as it appears to be doing currently on the scanners in which case you'd get the system for $150 plus a $20 gift card. That unfortunately does nothing to help us if the system rings up for $180 as the ad doesn't say it's $150 for the Pikachu system. Still, I suppose that beats Gamestop at full MSRP if Target sells out.[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, you can dupe your TRU into price-matching the Target ad while still giving you the gift card, even though it's double dipping.

......Wait, TRU still price-matches, don't they?

[quote name='abbabaab']Unless, of course, you can dupe your TRU into price-matching the Target ad while still giving you the gift card, even though it's double dipping.

......Wait, TRU still price-matches, don't they?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you bring in a physical ad. No gift card when price matching though.

To expand on what prim said, when TRU price matches (they say to have the physical ad, but we always let people use their phones) that price overrides any deals that TRU has. So no double dipping.

[quote name='abbabaab']Unless, of course, you can dupe your TRU into price-matching the Target ad while still giving you the gift card, even though it's double dipping.

......Wait, TRU still price-matches, don't they?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, TRU has 3 ways to get out of price matching this deal.

Taken from their price matching policy.

1." Prices are matched after deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price."

-Which means they will deduct the offer of a gift card and then price match target

2. "Out-of-stock or limited quantity items"

- Which means if target has limited quantities listed next to the item in the ad TRU doesnt have to price match, And of course if the store sells out of the item, they dont have to price match.

3." Program may vary by store."

-Which means a manager can decide if they will or won't price match. They can make up any reason, or they can override and accept the price match. All up to how the manager is feeling that day.

Target with 5% red card seems the way to go.

[quote name='Deathmore10']That was in response to Karkyco's post asking if they'll price match, at least before he edited it. The name calling and mockery is definitely uncalled for, especially since I haven't even seen your post, nor was it in response to you.

It's shocking is all that people don't know that Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo consoles anymore, there's was a huge thing about it a while back. Yet, we get people asking if Amazon will price match every time there's a sale thread for a 3ds or Wii U, apparently not many people shop at Amazon for Nintendo consoles if they are only now hearing about this news.[/QUOTE]

I am (was) one of those people who hasn't shopped for Nintendo consoles on amazon, so kindly forgive my ignorance as to the matter. I in fact haven't checked amazon for Nintendo hardware since the Wii was relatively new, outside of seeing various DS/DSi's on warehouse deals.

Although I was going to respond to you and the other guy with a "well excuuuuuuse me, Princess(es)" for being unaware of the Nintendo hardware/Amazon situation :lol:.

[quote name='karkyco']I am (was) one of those people who hasn't shopped for Nintendo consoles on amazon, so kindly forgive my ignorance as to the matter. I in fact haven't checked amazon for Nintendo hardware since the Wii was relatively new, outside of seeing various DS/DSi's on warehouse deals.

Although I was going to respond to you and the other guy with a "well excuuuuuuse me, Princess(es)" for being unaware of the Nintendo hardware/Amazon situation :lol:.[/QUOTE]
Understandable, please excuse me if I came off as sounding like a jerk. Lol

[quote name='prim4444']Yes, as long as you bring in a physical ad. No gift card when price matching though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gertle627']To expand on what prim said, when TRU price matches (they say to have the physical ad, but we always let people use their phones) that price overrides any deals that TRU has. So no double dipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one would think that's how it's supposed to work. But then we have people this week who're able to PM BB at Target and still get their B2G1, so I didn't know if it would be like that where the register gives up an auto-prompt to hand over the gift card whenever a 3DS gets purchased (this happened at BB with some Mario games a couple months ago, even with a PM, so there is a precedent), or it gets voided automatically, or what.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']" Prices are matched after deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price."[/QUOTE]

This would kill the idea quite nicely, though.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']" Program may vary by store."

-Which means a manager can decide if they will or won't price match. They can make up any reason, or they can override and accept the price match. All up to how the manager is feeling that day.[/QUOTE]

And this would give it a hint of YMMV-ness if not for the above.

Hmm, according to another Toys 'R' Us employee (SlickDeals posting) who tried scanning the Pikachu unit's sku at his local store as of today, their systems are still showing the product as having a $50 off promo. Here's to hoping corporate doesn't catch on.

[quote name='Deathmore10']That was in response to Karkyco's post asking if they'll price match, at least before he edited it. The name calling and mockery is definitely uncalled for, especially since I haven't even seen your post, nor was it in response to you.

It's shocking is all that people don't know that Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo consoles anymore, there's was a huge thing about it a while back. Yet, we get people asking if Amazon will price match every time there's a sale thread for a 3ds or Wii U, apparently not many people shop at Amazon for Nintendo consoles if they are only now hearing about this news.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought my 3DS at launch on Amazon but haven't bought a Nintendo console since so I didn't notice it (and obviously assumed they still sold them). Also while I am sort of active in CAG I didn't see the thread about it. Not everyone is going to see it because not everyone gets on CAG regularly. Just saying.

[quote name='hotpocket']I seem to be reading conflicting reports on this. Will they be selling it for $150 or is it still kind of unknown?[/QUOTE]

$179.99 with a $20 gift card.

Is the deal only good for Pikachu 3DS XL or all 3DS XL? I bought a 3DS XL from TRU about 2 weeks ago, could I bring in the reciept and get a gift card?

[quote name='unforeseen']$179.99 with a $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

That's the advertised price. But if you look a few posts above, some are reporting that it's still registered under the $150 price.

So the answer is it's YMMV at this point.

[quote name='abbabaab']That's the advertised price. But if you look a few posts above, some are reporting that it's still registered under the $150 price.

So the answer is it's YMMV at this point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping this is still active in their system tomorow morning, as I'm sure I will have a better chance at TRU to get a unit, than at Target, but who knows.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Sesame street looking Pikachu with nipples. Why does everyone want this thing!?[/QUOTE]

Because some people like Pokemon and the 3DS and don't have cartoon pr0n on their mind 24/7.

[quote name='abbabaab']Yeah, one would think that's how it's supposed to work. But then we have people this week who're able to PM BB at Target and still get their B2G1, so I didn't know if it would be like that where the register gives up an auto-prompt to hand over the gift card whenever a 3DS gets purchased (this happened at BB with some Mario games a couple months ago, even with a PM, so there is a precedent), or it gets voided automatically, or what.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for other retailers. At TRU, when an item gets its price changed, any sales/coupon eligibility attached to the item become invalid. The system does do it automatically.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Yeah, I'm hoping this is still active in their system tomorow morning, as I'm sure I will have a better chance at TRU to get a unit, than at Target, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

The only way to tell at this point if this price keeps is those early shoppers that report on the east coast. From past experiences, if TRU corporate does do anything about this, it won't be until monday as they can't change the sale price of the unit during the middle of the business day.

[quote name='prim4444']The only way to tell at this point if this price keeps is those early shoppers that report on the east coast. From past experiences, if TRU corporate does do anything about this, it won't be until monday as they can't change the sale price of the unit during the middle of the business day.[/QUOTE]

Not even by sending an e-mail to the managers to override it manually?

So......whose TRU is opening up the earliest? :p

[quote name='abbabaab']Not even by sending an e-mail to the managers to override it manually?

So......whose TRU is opening up the earliest? :p[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be there right at 10 am EST (even if I get the Target deal).

[quote name='abbabaab']Not even by sending an e-mail to the managers to override it manually?

So......whose TRU is opening up the earliest? :p[/QUOTE]

I can't believe TRU doesn't open until 10am.

Heads up:

According to the TRU employee posting @ SlickDeals, the system screw-up's been remedied :(. Price when scanned is now reflecting what is in the paper ad: $180 price-point w/ $20 gift card. Sorry guys. Looks like Target's gonna be your best bet (or a price-match elsewhere if you can get a hold of Target's circular).

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Heads up:

According to the TRU employee posting @ SlickDeals, the system screw-up's been remedied :(. Price when scanned is now reflecting what is in the paper ad: $180 price-point w/ $20 gift card. Sorry guys. Looks like Target's gonna be your best bet (or a price-match elsewhere if you can get a hold of Target's circular).[/QUOTE]

Aw, knew it was too good to be TRU.

Does target still give out fliers in store? My local store post the ad in the bulletin boards in front of the entrance. Our usually junk mail from the post office doesnt include targets or walmarts. Grrr! Im pretty sure my store wont have enough coz i hardly find good clearance stuff so im thinking that store is being cannibalized by hoarders already! My best bet is getting a price match at the walmart thats on the opposite side of town were target is.. I do need a physical printed ad before walmart pricematch right? Or does the ad from the target website through a smart phone work aswell?

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Does target still give out fliers in store? My local store post the ad in the bulletin boards in front of the entrance. Our usually junk mail from the post office doesnt include targets or walmarts. Grrr! Im pretty sure my store wont have enough coz i hardly find good clearance stuff so im thinking that store is being cannibalized by hoarders already! My best bet is getting a price match at the walmart thats on the opposite side of town were target is.. I do need a physical printed ad before walmart pricematch right? Or does the ad from the target website through a smart phone work aswell?[/QUOTE]

My Target has some copies of the Ad up at Guest services every week.
Walmarts official policy is that you do not need a physical ad, however ymmv with this as every walmart seems to have their own way of doing things.
Here is a link to their policy, I would bring this in or have it on your phone if you plan on price matching without a physical ad
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

[quote name='Zazoo']My Target has some copies of the Ad up at Guest services every week.
Walmarts official policy is that you do not need a physical ad, however ymmv with this as every walmart seems to have their own way of doing things.
Here is a link to their policy, I would bring this in or have it on your phone if you plan on price matching without a physical ad
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Will be printing the policy and hope for the best. Hehe!

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Sesame street looking Pikachu with nipples. Why does everyone want this thing!?[/QUOTE]
Nipples are on shoulders? That's news to me!

[quote name='RiceQuakes']Nipples are on shoulders? That's news to me![/QUOTE]
Looks more like the collar bone to me and that is ONLY in the context of looking at the full image of pikachu which obviously isn't present on the face of the 3DS. So the angle of view is incredible subjective.
I am personally buying it BECAUSE of the nipples. It makes it that much more appealing.

Nintendo has had these for sale at PAX all weekend long, they look utterly ridiculous. I wouldn't be caught in public playing this thing if you paid me a million dollars!

[quote name='spmahn']Nintendo has had these for sale at PAX all weekend long, they look utterly ridiculous. I wouldn't be caught in public playing this thing if you paid me a million dollars![/QUOTE]

Oh man, I'm so sorry you feel that way!

It's a good thing we're buying this for ourselves and not for you then, huh? :lol:

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Oh man, I'm so sorry you feel that way!

It's a good thing we're buying this for ourselves and not for you then, huh? :lol:[/QUOTE]

The only thing I don't like about it is I feel the face should be the other way around, so when you open it people see pikachu upright as you play.

all the toysrus near me never got any in stock.. even though it's in the ad?

maybe they just put them out but they all told me they already put everything out for the day?

[quote name='Romeo']The only thing I don't like about it is I feel the face should be the other way around, so when you open it people see pikachu upright as you play.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree on that for sure, kind of a weird design choice. Either way I think it still looks pretty neat.

WOW! TRU PMed Target $160 deal plus gave me $40 GC! (I bought two). It's like getting it for $140 each :bouncy:

I guess it was blessing that I struck out at Target (there were a bunch of kids camped out as early as 6AM). So I just grabbed an ad, had breakfast and hit TRU when it opened. PMed with ad went smooth and I was surprised when the manager who did the override also handed me the $40 GC.

[quote name='Chedeng88']WOW! TRU PMed Target $160 deal plus gave me $40 GC! (I bought two). It's like getting it for $140 each :bouncy:

I guess it was blessing that I struck out at Target (there were a bunch of kids camped out as early as 6AM). So I just grabbed an ad, had breakfast and hit TRU when it opened. PMed with ad went smooth and I was surprised when the manager who did the override also handed me the $40 GC.[/QUOTE]
Pics or it didn't happen

Edit: Nevermind looks like you did put up pics in the other forum. You got really luck my friend.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Pics or it didn't happen[/QUOTE]

anjz44.jpg

oac0ub.jpg

Went to my TrU and grabbed the last Pikachu 3DS, but it rang up $199 and not part of the current promotion...then I had to wait about 15mins for the manager to come over and correct the price, but it rang up $179 with the $20 gift card.. I thought it was going to be $149 and told them I'd brb while I went to my car to get my phone so I could come to CAG and show them...which of course ended up not being true, so I figured I'd buy it at the $179 + $20 card...but when I got back into the store and waited through the 20 minute customer service line (where they said they left the 3DS for me) it ended up not even being there and they apparently sold it to the lady that was behind me when I walked out to get my phone.

Not a good start to the day.

[quote name='gldoorii']Went to my TrU and grabbed the last Pikachu 3DS, but it rang up $199 and not part of the current promotion...then I had to wait about 15mins for the manager to come over and correct the price, but it rang up $179 with the $20 gift card.. I thought it was going to be $149 and told them I'd brb while I went to my car to get my phone so I could come to CAG and show them...which of course ended up not being true, so I figured I'd buy it at the $179 + $20 card...but when I got back into the store and waited through the 20 minute customer service line (where they said they left the 3DS for me) it ended up not even being there and they apparently sold it to the lady that was behind me when I walked out to get my phone.

Not a good start to the day.[/QUOTE]

Should have bought it and then tried to match it after. Worse case you return it and you're where you're now.

So, is the TRU inventory checker on their website accurate? Because no TRU in my entire area shows none in stock, which I find weird, considering the stores haven't opened yet? If I wait until they open to call, I may be to late, but I hate to drive all that way to see they don't have any.

[quote name='chrislaustin']So, is the TRU inventory checker on their website accurate? Because no TRU in my entire area shows none in stock, which I find weird, considering the stores haven't opened yet? If I wait until they open to call, I may be to late, but I hate to drive all that way to see they don't have any.[/QUOTE]

No its not. Mines has 4 and online it showed none had any.

[quote name='chrislaustin']So, is the TRU inventory checker on their website accurate? Because no TRU in my entire area shows none in stock, which I find weird, considering the stores haven't opened yet? If I wait until they open to call, I may be to late, but I hate to drive all that way to see they don't have any.[/QUOTE]

If there is a low number in the inventory at the store, it will say not available online. So I'd say just call your store and check or just go in.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Cool. I'm calling in a few minutes, hopefully they'll have enough to last until I can drive over.[/QUOTE]

You don't want it too bad. Waiting around. Calling. I would've been there by now! LMFAO!

Edit: Just noticed my half sleepy, excited, hyper ace posted over an hour after you! Did you get 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to pick one up at TRU today. I went back to TRU a little later to see if I could price match but I couldn't.

Initially, the rep said that I couldn't price match items in store and only items online, which didn't make sense. I had to ask them to call the manager to take a look. The manager said it's possible to price match in-store items but he didn't do it for me because he said that since I got the $20 GC, the price was already matched. I left it at that.

Going to see if I can go to a different TRU to try again.

bread's done
Back