Trade 2 360 games, get any 360 game for $9.99 (Starts 8/16-9/10)

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
Ok, so its not our trade two get one free, but hey its something. Saw this when I went in to work to pay my 360 warranty. And yes, its any game, so if some of you are still sitting on any of the 2006 sports games, now is the time to unload them!

Edit: Yes, they killed the deal, I had no idea until today...you might as well lock this!

Sorry I didn't look but does anyone know if Gamestop is doing this deal as well? I went to EB games and they didn't have any copies of Dead Rising so there was no point in doing this deal!!! Does anyone know if this deal is good on Madden 07 Hall Of Fame Edition?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='GrayWolf323']wouldn't this be considered false advertising then since their fliers or what not don't mention any exclusions?[/QUOTE]

With any trade in deals it always says

"All trades must meet managers approval"

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']With any trade in deals it always says

"All trades must meet managers approval"[/QUOTE]

That's there to save them from having people try to trade in scratched up coasters for these deals, not for them to say "trade any 360 game" and really mean "trade any 360 game that isn't one of these 15 titles".

@bigt7 117:

Gamestop is running the deal too, but if they're out, might I suggest getting another 59.99 title, then returning that for Dead Rising when they get it in stock?

And no, this deal is no good for any title more than 59.99

Do the games that you trade in have to be complete or is disc-only okay? I wonder if Top Spin 2 is excluded. I guess I'll try later this afternoon.

Edit: I just called a local EB and they said there were no exclusions game-wise and disc-only is ok. Seems like this, like most deals, is YMMV. I made sure to write down the manager's name so when I go up there with my disc-only Top Spin 2 and Kameo, I'll walk out with Dead Rising!

Just got back and made out pretty well. Over the phone, the person said there were no exclusions, when it actuality there are (as described in this thread).

However, since I was told over the phone that there weren't any, the EB person let me trade in the games anyway. Good thing they were the only working at the time!

So, I traded in NBA 2K6, Kameo, Amped 3, and Top Spin 2 (Disc Only) for Dead Rising and NCAA 2007 Football.

It certainly made my day! :bomb:

On a side note, I couldn't use the credit for a future release, i.e. Madden or Saint's Row (not that I have much room to complain).

[quote name='bzchanboy']False advertising on there part then if it does not state anything about restricted titles. BBB the assholes. If they point blank refuse to take them i'd call up the district manager start bitching to them. Yes i'm your worst nightmare. You do me wrong i do you wrong.

Hell if Fye can do a 2 for one deal why the fuck cant Eb gamestop? Cause they make more off those two used games than anything. They should be begging for games.

I'm gonna try my luck today with a few stores. I just want to preorder two games thats it. Nothing more nothing less.[/quote]

the flyer does state the following

"See store associate for details, Subject to managers approval", that pretty much saves them, and lets them get away with not taking the cheap games.

Just got back from EB and they let me trade in Madden 06, PDZ, Kameo, and Tony Hawk for a preorder on Madden 07 and Dead Rising. This deal is awesome...

just traded in 2k6 and the outfit for a pre-order on FEAR for the 360. works out great for me since I get rid of a sports title that will be worth very little soon and a crappy game like The Outfit.

I'm not sure what I'll end up with but at least i have the credit.

shocked i was able to use it on a game not yet released

here are the games excluded from the deal

Perfect Dark Zero
Perfect Dark Zero LE
Project Gotham Racing 3
Amped 3
The Outfit
Kameo
College Hoops 2k6
FIFA Soccer 2006 Road to the World Cup
King Kong
Madden 2006
NBA Live 2006
NBA 2K6
Tiger Woods PGA 2006
NHL 2K6
Ridge Racer

[quote name='tenzor']here are the games excluded from the deal

Perfect Dark Zero
Perfect Dark Zero LE
Project Gotham Racing 3
Amped 3
The Outfit
Kameo
College Hoops 2k6
King Kong
Madden 2006
NBA Live 2006
NBA 2K6
Tiger Woods PGA 2006
NHL 2K6
Ridge Racer[/quote]

I don't think they are excluded because I just traded in College Hoops 2K6 and PGR3 to get NCAA 07 for $10.

Maybe the employees are just dumb.
Who knows?

[quote name='tenzor']here are the games excluded from the deal

Perfect Dark Zero
Perfect Dark Zero LE
Project Gotham Racing 3
Amped 3
The Outfit
Kameo
College Hoops 2k6
King Kong
Madden 2006
NBA Live 2006
NBA 2K6
Tiger Woods PGA 2006
NHL 2K6
Ridge Racer[/quote]

what a coincidence..all the games that i want to trade in!

[quote name='kevzik']This deal blows if the exclude all those games...the rest of the 360 games out there are like 50 new still.[/quote]

My suggestion: JUST TRY

Those exclusions were not part of the original deal. They were added in an email. The computer will let you trade them in and take advantage of the promo. If they give you hassle, point to the sign/flyer and show them it says nothing about exclusions and tell them they are ripping you off if they only accept games not on the list.

[quote name='jim2011']My suggestion: JUST TRY

Those exclusions were not part of the original deal. They were added in an email. The computer will let you trade them in and take advantage of the promo. If they give you hassle, point to the sign/flyer and show them it says nothing about exclusions and tell them they are ripping you off if they only accept games not on the list.[/QUOTE]

Most store employees will agree with you if they arent brown nosing for a promotion to assistant manager or something. If you happen across a manager giving you a hard time. Remember two things, since they are a pawn shop in certain states if they advertise a deal and then "adjust" it they must show the "changes" to the public on or near the advertised matterials. They can get there license revoked if they get enough complaints.

The only thing thats the grey area on the original deal is the managers approval which can mean anything but most all GS and EB employees will tell you thats for most of the game inspection's that they are starting to get more picky about.

Just a quick note on my trip to two different GS's today...

The first told me that there was no such deal and the second had little shelf cards with the deal promoted on them. In the fine print of the shelf card, it said that the two trade-ins had to be games that had a current new retail value of $59.99 or more.

If that's the case, then it would exclude everything previously mentioned plus a bunch of the $39.99-49.99 titles (Tomb Raider Legend, Rumble Roses XX, etc.).

Needless to say, I've given up on this deal...

the idiots at the mission valley san diego EB wouldn't let me use it for pre-ordering madden.

at first they didn't even know agout the deal, they wanted me to come back on tuesday -_-.

yea, i called a bunch of GS's and EB's...2 of them said no exclusions, but i'm not gonna bother since there are no RR's in stock in the best buy's near me and i dont wanna risk them not taking the "cheapo" games anyway

[quote name='Kendal']I traded Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero for Gears of War Collectors Edition. Score and a half![/quote]

haha, your ginobili avatar speaks for you :applause:

anybody successfully get this deal to work with excluded titles in the san jose, ca area? i just called the gs closest to me and they told me to check the excluded titles on the website.

My gamestop is worthless!!!!!!!!! I went into today with Madden 06 and a brand new copy of Final Fantasy and they wouldn't take either one. I got to this store once a week and spend at lease $50.00 and told them this promotion is deceiving and someone should report them to the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore I told the manager who I see every week that I will no longer be customer at this location.

Saw this:

$80 Trade-In credit towards Xbox 360 and Madden NFL 07 Receive an extra $40 when you trade in the original Xbox system toward an Xbox 360 system and reserve Madden NFL 07 for Xbox 360.*

If I'm reading this right, GS/EB offers a paltry $40 store credit for a working XBOX. Is that right?

[quote name='ajh2298']Hey, if you have a Edge Card with credit on it you can get new $59.99 games for only $44.18.

Madden 06-used-$19.99=$17.99(with edge card)
Ridge racer-used-$17.99=$16.19(with edge card)

$17.99+$16.19+$10.00=$44.18[/quote]

I'm not sure if anyone has caught this yet but....here's the deal!! On monday and tuesday (8/21-8/22) there is a buy 2 get 1 free on ALL sports games 2006 and older! You can get Madden 06 for the 360 for $19.99 used. If you go to a GameStop/EB Games that the manager/worker won't care...which is MOST of them. Load on on like 6 Madden 06's for the 360, with your edge/gstop card, than trade in 2 at a time getting a new 360 game for $9.99. You can end up getting 3 xbox 360 games for about $110 I figured it out to being.

$19.99 * 4 = $84.04 - 10% = $75.65 (And you are getting 2 maddens for free than)
$9.99 * 3 = $31.50

***For about $110.00 you can get 3 360 games. My advice is to NOT trade in all 6 madden's at once. GameStop's rule is you aren't supposed to trade in multiple copies of the same game in the same transaction. But, like I said...go to a GameStop that isn't as strict! This is about the greatest deal ever right here!!!

[quote name='littlet12786']I'm not sure if anyone has caught this yet but....here's the deal!! On monday and tuesday (8/21-8/22) there is a buy 2 get 1 free on ALL sports games 2006 and older! You can get Madden 06 for the 360 for $19.99 used. If you go to a GameStop/EB Games that the manager/worker won't care...which is MOST of them. Load on on like 6 Madden 06's for the 360, with your edge/gstop card, than trade in 2 at a time getting a new 360 game for $9.99. You can end up getting 3 xbox 360 games for about $110 I figured it out to being.

$19.99 * 4 = $84.04 - 10% = $75.65 (And you are getting 2 maddens for free than)
$9.99 * 3 = $31.50

***For about $110.00 you can get 3 360 games. My advice is to NOT trade in all 6 madden's at once. GameStop's rule is you aren't supposed to trade in multiple copies of the same game in the same transaction. But, like I said...go to a GameStop that isn't as strict! This is about the greatest deal ever right here!!![/quote]

Did you read any of the posts above bro? It has been stated already that all 2006 and older sports games are excluded from the deal along with PDZ, PGR3, etc. and has been posted on Gamestops' website.

[quote name='heyyoeddie']Just a quick note on my trip to two different GS's today...

The first told me that there was no such deal and the second had little shelf cards with the deal promoted on them. In the fine print of the shelf card, it said that the two trade-ins had to be games that had a current new retail value of $59.99 or more.

If that's the case, then it would exclude everything previously mentioned plus a bunch of the $39.99-49.99 titles (Tomb Raider Legend, Rumble Roses XX, etc.).

Needless to say, I've given up on this deal...[/quote]
No It doesnt. It simply says that the game you trade the two in for must be 59.99

[quote name='KnightofHearts']No It doesnt. It simply says that the game you trade the two in for must be 59.99[/quote]

the games that YOU trade in must retail for 59.99 as well

I went to my local EB Games last night and the guy took in my RR6 and PGR, got CD2:GYE for $9.99 and the guy almost didn't do it but in the promotional poster it says any game that retails for $59.99 or less, don't know if it refers to the one your buying or trading but the guy took them in anyways.:bouncy:

EB Games Location
Town East Mall, Mesquite Tx:applause:

ObiJuan

Two things:

EDIT part one-saw the gs web listing about restrictions...now I feed even better about what happened below...I should go back NOW and trade that RR 6 in while the manager is there---EDIT

Onto another slice of gamestop goodness. I just traded in NHL 2K6 and Condemned for Dead Rising and Ridge Racer 6. Rather than having to spend a dime, I got 22 cents in store credit after both games. I tried to tell the guy doing my transaction (the store manager, no less) that it didn't seem right to me. He gave me my 26 or so bucks in store credit, and then put the price of Dead Rising into the system as $9.99 (rather than increasing the credits of the games I traded in leaving me with a $9.99 balance). I asked if i could trade in Ridge racer for the same deal, he said yeah. So I picked up a used copy of Ridge Racer 6 for $16.xx to use for Saint's Row...Several times I told him that what he was doing couldn't be right, it didn't make sense...but that's how he did it...so I need to find one more used copy of RRacer and I'll be in business...

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Saw this:

$80 Trade-In credit towards Xbox 360 and Madden NFL 07 Receive an extra $40 when you trade in the original Xbox system toward an Xbox 360 system and reserve Madden NFL 07 for Xbox 360.*

If I'm reading this right, GS/EB offers a paltry $40 store credit for a working XBOX. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't the trade-in price for working Xbox consoles be going up since you can't find new ones anymore?!

One sotre was a success and the other wasnt. They wouldn't let me trade PGR and RR at one but at the other they let me do it as long as I were to trade it for a game that costs $59.99 or less.

Well, I was able to trade these in for the deal:

PGR3
Kameo
Condemned
Burnout Revenge

To get GR:AW and Battlefield 2 which I have been wanting to play for a long time. Also, they gave me a flyer for the deal that I have scanned and it doesn't state anything about exclusions on it at all.

Scan0007.jpg

or here is a link for those that can't see the pic:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/cdeener/Scan0007.jpg

This is what is states in the fine print if you can't read it:

Trade-in good ONLY for games with a registered retail price of $59.99 or less. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer expires 09/10/06.

[quote name='icecubedx5']Did you read any of the posts above bro? It has been stated already that all 2006 and older sports games are excluded from the deal along with PDZ, PGR3, etc. and has been posted on Gamestops' website.[/quote]

It NEVER states that in any of the marketing promo's at the store. I'm a manager at a GameStop...so i think I would know buddy!! If someone there doesn't allow you to do it, then they are wrong and go to a different gamestop or ebgames, or just wait until someone different is working!! The ONLY flaw in my plan is that associates aren't "supposed" to take in two of the same game in a trade in. But, most people allow it and could care less!

Dude I really talked to the manager and he said they wouldn't accept (among others)

PDZ
Kameo
PGR
RR
or any 2006 sports title

They probably made up that rule but I can't understand why they would. (its not like it affects him personally).

[quote name='littlet12786']It NEVER states that in any of the marketing promo's at the store. I'm a manager at a GameStop...so i think I would know buddy!! If someone there doesn't allow you to do it, then they are wrong and go to a different gamestop or ebgames, or just wait until someone different is working!! The ONLY flaw in my plan is that associates aren't "supposed" to take in two of the same game in a trade in. But, most people allow it and could care less![/QUOTE]

I wish you well in your future =P jk I actually wish there were more managers like you running these stores. You'd rock.

As for the exclusion list its from corporate and anything corporate says supercedes any and all manager and district manager conditions. They are subject to inspection from my understanding if they are found not to be doing what corporate wants.

But at the sametime the stores are pawnshops so the original matterials that so nothing about exclusions that are shown in public or handed out must be honored unless they show in plain sight the mistake and corrections.

Call up your local BBB and your cities pawnshop licensing department if you wanna give them some fun.

[quote name='bigt7117']My gamestop is worthless!!!!!!!!! I went into today with Madden 06 and a brand new copy of Final Fantasy and they wouldn't take either one. I got to this store once a week and spend at lease $50.00 and told them this promotion is deceiving and someone should report them to the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore I told the manager who I see every week that I will no longer be customer at this location.[/quote]

i am pretty sure they dont accept Final Fantasy no matter what

I traded Madden 06 and Fifa World Cup 06 for Dead Rising. The manager said they wouldn't be accepting Madden 06 for trade in anymore starting next week because of the 07's release.

im going to try FIFA World Cup 2006 and Burnout Revenge for Madden 07 this Tuesday. Should it work no problem, or am i going to run into some difficulties?

Well a heads up for anyone in San Antonio, Tx. Got the guy to accept TW 06 and PDZ for my trade in to get my copy of Madden 07. The manager didn't want to do it but I told him that I called 2 days before (TRUE) and one of his employees said I could trade in ANY 360 game for the deal (TRUE as WELL). He was cool enough to understand and decided to honor it.
What a great guy!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I might go out today and pick up some Madden 06 and RR to see if I can pull this one off again.

;)

[quote name='littlet12786']It NEVER states that in any of the marketing promo's at the store. I'm a manager at a GameStop...so i think I would know buddy!! If someone there doesn't allow you to do it, then they are wrong and go to a different gamestop or ebgames, or just wait until someone different is working!! The ONLY flaw in my plan is that associates aren't "supposed" to take in two of the same game in a trade in. But, most people allow it and could care less![/QUOTE]

Check your emails. To be more specific, check the 8/16 Marketing Notes email.

bread's done
Back