Trading Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='docvinh']Then you don't get to sell them? Or borrow one from a friend. Or take a normal picture and scan it in.[/QUOTE]
If I'm too cheap to buy a digital camera, then what makes you think I'd have a scanner?:razz:

I turned down buying an HP combo scanner/printer at a Sears by me last month for $29. Mind ya, I have an old scanner I got here for nothing from an ex gf when her family got a new PC, but I don't even know if it works at all.

While I can understand about not wanting to have people get scammed, I still fail to see what taking pictures of the cards will prove, as anyone could just fabricate a photo of said cards by going into a store and spreading out X number of cards on a counter and snapping a pic of them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I'm too cheap to buy a digital camera, then what makes you think I'd have a scanner?:razz:

I turned down buying an HP combo scanner/printer at a Sears by me last month for $29. Mind ya, I have an old scanner I got here for nothing from an ex gf when her family got a new PC, but I don't even know if it works at all.

While I can understand about not wanting to have people get scammed, I still fail to see what taking pictures of the cards will prove, as anyone could just fabricate a photo of said cards by going into a store and spreading out X number of cards on a counter and snapping a pic of them.[/QUOTE]

It's one extra step that most scammers probably aren't going to do. Also, what store do you go to where they're going to let you do that?:) I can't imagine going into a store, spreading out 20 cards, and then taking a picture without someone saying something to me about it.

Have to agree with the OP. I don't think you were at fault. The mod that dealt with you didn't handle the situation well. Hope you get another mod to clear things up. I'm surprised that others want you to just post a picture and get it over with because that doesn't solve the errors that are in this situation. Wait, is it because agreeing with you means that I get put on some sort of mod flag list? If so, please disregard this post... :p

There are pretty simple ways to prove there are cards as long as you have a camera. It might get a little ridiculous but one not too ridiculous way would be to show some used codes. Verify with another member who has bought from him that is the code they were given at the time of purchase.

I admire the OP for sticking to his principles. If I were the OP I would perhaps PM a mod a pic and compromise though. That way the OP doesnt have to post a pic for all to see and imply that he has done something wrong...and the mod can be satisfied in knowing that the OP is legit (even if it is a silly request that proves nothing IMHO). It is best for both parties to settle in private. I look at it like this: Its good to stick to your guns, but if you stick to them too much you could wind up shooting yourself in the foot.

The best path to resolution is always through compromise. Just get over it and move on is the best advice I can possibly give you. Especially since you are pretty much at the mercy of CAGs terms and policies (and mods). Unfortunately CAG's terms and policies are not those of the American criminal justice system (if they were you would actually have rights and recourse :p).

I can understand why being banned can be frustrating, but selling and trading on CAG is a privilege not a right. The people behind the scenes have to make decisions like this to maintain the legitimacy of the site. Once the stigma of being scam haven is attached to a website, it's not easily removed. If this means restricting members that don't meet their burden of proof, so be it.

While taking a picture of the cards and posting them may not prove your cards are kosher, it was a simple request that should have been a non-issue.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']I admire the OP for sticking to his principles. If I were the OP I would perhaps PM a mod a pic and compromise. That way the OP doesnt have to post a pic for all to see and imply that he has done something wrong...and the mod can be satisfied in knowing that the OP is legit (even if it is a silly request that proves nothing IMHO). It is best for both parties to settle in private. I look at it like this: Its good to stick to your guns, but if you stick to them too much you could wind up shooting yourself in the foot.

The best path to resolution is always through compromise. Just get over it and move on is the best advice I can possibly give you. Especially since you are pretty much at the mercy of CAGs terms and policies. Unfortunately CAG's terms and policies are not those of the American criminal justice system (if they were you would actually have rights and recourse :p).[/QUOTE]
Shrike only suggested he post the pic in the thread, he didn't require it. OP just wants to have his way, even though he's in the wrong.
[quote name='Invicta 61']I can understand why being banned can be frustrating, but selling and trading on CAG is a privilege not a right. The people behind the scenes have to make decisions like this to maintain the legitimacy of the site. Once the stigma of being scam haven is attached to a website, it's not easily removed. If this means restricting members that don't meet their burden of proof, so be it.

While taking a picture of the cards and posting them may not prove your cards are kosher, it was a simple request that should have been a non-issue.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It was an extremely simple request.

[quote name='whoknows']Shrike only suggested he post the pic in the thread, he didn't require it. OP just wants to have his way, even though he's in the wrong.[/Quote]

You completely missed the point. Go troll somewhere else, lol. I suggested that he PM the mod a pic and work it out in private instead of dragging himself and the mods into a public argument. Simple?

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']You completely missed the point. Go troll somewhere else, lol. I suggested that he PM the mod a pic and work it out in private instead of dragging himself and the mods into a public argument. Simple?[/QUOTE]

I don't see how it's trolling.

You said he should compromise and have the pic private between him and Shrike, which is all that was wanted to begin with. Go read Shrike's post again. He only suggested he posted the pic in the thread, didn't require it. Simple?

[quote name='whoknows']I don't see how it's trolling.

You said he should compromise and have the pic private between him and Shrike, which is all that was wanted to begin with.[/QUOTE]

No it wasnt. If you ACTUALLY read through ALL 3 pages, you would have read that the OP stated the mod wanted him to post a pic in public for all to see. ;)

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']No it wasnt. If you ACTUALLY read through ALL 3 pages, you would have read that the OP stated the mod wanted him to post a pic in public for all to see. ;)[/QUOTE]

Shrike said, in his post on the 2nd page, had you read it:

"I'd recommend putting the pic of the cards in the trade thread, regardless. That way, there's no question you're not selling codes from eBay or other possibly questionable places.

I won't buy any of the cards, thanks. Not interested, since I'm more than a little skeptical of the source. Obviously, a nice pic in your OP showing the cards with your CAG name attached to them will obviously prove you're right."

He said, "I'd recommend".

[quote name='whoknows']Shrike said, in his post on the 2nd page, had you read it:

"I'd recommend putting the pic of the cards in the trade thread, regardless. That way, there's no question you're not selling codes from eBay or other possibly questionable places.

I won't buy any of the cards, thanks. Not interested, since I'm more than a little skeptical of the source. Obviously, a nice pic in your OP showing the cards with your CAG name attached to them will obviously prove you're right."

He said, "I'd recommend".[/QUOTE]

OMG man, you are killing my brain. Really???

Ok, Ill break it down for you:

Apparently (from reading the thread), Shrike (the mod) requested a pic in the trade thread which any member can view. The OP (the one who got trade banned; not the mod) declined because he didnt want to be singled out - after all, no one else in the trade thread has to post public pics of their cards they sell.

Him (Shrike - the mod) saying "I recommend" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the picture posted was to be posted PUBLICLY for all to see. For some reason the OP (again, not the mod) took offense to that fact - the fact that he felt he was being singled out. ...hence the reason I stated they should work it out privately...

...and on top of it he was never told he would be banned. But I thought that part was obvious and didnt need attention.

EDIT: If anything, the fact that he "recommended" that the OP do something, then later trade banned the OP for not doing that thing (without warning of an impending trade ban), seems kinda messed up to me. You are not helping. :p

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']OMG man, you are killing my brain. Really???

Ok, Ill break it down for you:

Apparently (from reading the thread), Shrike (the mod) requested a pic in the trade thread which any member can view. The OP (the one who got trade banned; not the mod) declined because he didnt want to be singled out - after all, no one else in the trade thread has to post public pics of their cards they sell.

Him (Shrike - the mod) saying "I recommend" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the picture posted was to be posted PUBLICLY for all to see. For some reason the OP (again, not the mod) took offense to that fact - the fact that he felt he was being singled out.

...and on top of it he was never told he would be banned. But I thought that part was obvious and didnt need attention.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is selling cards in the quantity he was, at a discount no less, hence why it looks suspicious. From what JP said earlier in the thread, it sounds like he was not being singled out at all. One person selling one or two cards is different from someone selling 20 at a discount.

And again, Shrike recommended he post a pic, but it sounds like he would have been more than happy with a pic between them, but instead the OP though he'd be cool by offering Shrike to buy not once, but twice and then just ignored Shrike afterwards and tried selling in the PSN thread to try and sneak by.

And in the end, even if the pic was required to be public in the thread, I don't see the problem behind it. A pic of the cards with something that says his username in it. Wow, big deal, if anything, it would make people more likely to buy because he'd look more legit.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']

EDIT: If anything, the fact that he "recommended" that the OP do something, then later trade banned the OP for not doing that thing (without warning of an impending trade ban), seems kinda messed up to me. You are not helping. :p[/QUOTE]

I'm not helping, because I feel the OP was in the wrong and making a big deal about nothing. Shrike's request not only protects the users, but the site. If I owned the site and I thought someone might be selling something illegal or scamming other users there's no way in hell I'd just ignore it and let it slide. If it was indeed someone scamming it could affect the site's image (me), me again if the users tried to go after the site for letting it happen, and the users if they were scammed.

[quote name='whoknows']Not everyone is selling cards in the quantity he was, at a discount no less, hence why it looks suspicious. From what JP said earlier in the thread, it sounds like he was not being singled out at all. One person selling one or two cards is different from someone selling 20 at a discount.

And again, Shrike recommended he post a pic, but it sounds like he would have been more than happy with a pic between them, but instead the OP though he'd be cool by offering Shrike to buy not once, but twice and then just ignored Shrike afterwards and tried selling in the PSN thread to try and sneak by.

And in the end, even if the pic was required to be public in the thread, I don't see the problem behind it. A pic of the cards with something that says his username in it. Wow, big deal, if anything, it would make people more likely to buy because he'd look more legit.[/QUOTE]

First off, read my last edit on my last comment. The fact that the OP was "recommended" to do something, like you say, then banned for not doing that thing is messed up. It doesnt matter how ofter Shrike "offered" anything. The OP was never warned of a ban, and was only "recommended" to do things.

Next, if there were public pics required for all sellers of point cards then Im sure it would have been a non-issue with the OP - as then he would not be singled out (as the OP stated in one of his many comments). ;) You still seem to be missing the point I am thinking. My point, again, was that they should work it out in private and compromise, not any of this other crap. OMG.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']First off, read my last edit on my last comment. The fact that the OP was "recommended" to do something, like you say, then banned for not doing that thing is messed up.

Next, if there were pics required for all sellers of point cards then Im sure it would have been a non-issue with the OP - as then he would not be singled out. ;) You still seem to be missing the point.[/QUOTE]

No, you're missing the point. Again, someone selling one or two cards is not the same as someone selling 20+, and at a discount. If you were trying to scam someone, would you be selling one or two cards, or a lot more?

EDIT: He didn't want to work it out in private, he either tried to get Shrike to buy some of the cards or quit responding.

And I saw your edit and stealth edited my post.

[quote name='whoknows']No, you're missing the point. Again, someone selling one or two cards is not the same as someone selling 20+, and at a discount. If you were trying to scam someone, would you be selling one or two cards, or a lot more?

EDIT: He didn't want to work it out in private, he either tried to get Shrike to buy some of the cards or quit responding.

And I saw your edit and stealth edited my post.[/QUOTE]

How is there a difference? People can steal 2 just as easily as 20 if given the right circumstance. That makes no sense. Its like asking for a pic as proof. He could go to Best Buy, grab a bunch of cards, hide in the back and take a pic of them on the floor. A pic proves nothing and anyone can crop a photo to just shot a pile of cards on the floor with his name written on a piece of paper by it.

If I were trying to scam someone, I would only sell a few at a number of different places - this way I minimize the risk of being caught. Sell a few here, there and the other place and do it every once in a while. That way I wouldnt draw attention to myself.

...and I dont care if he wanted to work it out in private or not in the past. That was my "recommendation" as damage control for the current situation - which is blown way out of proportion IMHO.

Nobody is going to go to Best Buy and line up 20 cards. I don't understand why people keep saying that.

Again, 20+ at a discount is a lot more suspicious than one or two. What kind of person just happens to have a ton of PSN cards they want to sell for a discount? I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

And your recommendation is a fine one, but the OP sounds like he wants it his way and no way else.

[quote name='whoknows']Nobody is going to go to Best Buy and line up 20 cards. I don't understand why people keep saying that.

Again, 20+ at a discount is a lot more suspicious than one or two. What kind of person just happens to have a ton of PSN cards they want to sell for a discount? I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

And your recommendation is a fine one, but the OP sounds like he wants it his way and no way else.[/QUOTE]

...and this is according to who? You? Professor Whoknows? LOL.

You are so self-centered that you dont even consider the fact that people can have dissenting views and opinions...and that 2 people can look at or read the exact same thing and preceive them completely differently. You are obviously very sheltered. You make drastic assumptions and give opinions as facts.

It shouldnt matter how many times someone sells a type of thing. If its stolen then its illegal, regardless of the number sold. You have no proof they are stolen, and no real grounds to request anything of him. You are assuming he is doing something illegally because he gets a better deal on this one thing than you do... I dont know how he gets the cards, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him to go work it out with the mod in private. If he chooses not to then that is his prerogative. He could be a scammer, but who am I to say he is. I, nor you, have any proof. His best recourse is to work it out with the mod and clear his name if he is legit...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']...and this is according to who? You? Professor Whoknows? LOL.

You are so self-centered that you dont even consider the fact that people can have dissenting views and opinions...and that 2 people can look at or read the exact same thing and preceive them completely differently. You are obviously very sheltered. You make drastic assumptions and give opinions as facts.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you mean by "this" but I know personally, I wouldn't waste my time trying to scam people over 2 PSN codes.

Try to go lay down 20 PSN cards at best buy on the floor. See if an employee comes up and asks wtf you're doing.

And I don't see how I'm sheltered because in my opinion the OP made a big deal out of nothing. He assumed he was being singled out. He made it sound like in the OP he had no idea why he was banned, even though he obviously knew very well. Acted like Shrike didn't give him a good reason to take a pic, and is in the end throwing a temper tantrum out of something that is in no way a big deal, that again, was asked in order to protect the site and the users.

I understand people have different view, which is how I understand the "me me me " view the OP has.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't know what you mean by "this" but I know personally, I wouldn't waste my time trying to scam people over 2 PSN codes.

Try to go lay down 20 PSN cards at best buy on the floor. See if an employee comes up and asks wtf you're doing.

And I don't see how I'm sheltered because in my opinion the OP made a big deal out of nothing. He assumed he was being singled out. He made it sound like in the OP he had no idea why he was banned, even though he obviously knew very well. Acted like Shrike didn't give him a good reason to take a pic, and is in the end throwing a temper tantrum out of something that is in no way a big deal, that again, was asked in order to protect the site and the users.

I understand people have different view, which is how I understand the "me me me " attitude of the OP.[/QUOTE]

I could do it no problem. I dont know about your BBs, but at mine there are only a few employees, most of which look like they are college students, and it would be easy as hell (there are 3 colleges in my town - a university, a community college, and a technical college...so there are a lot of college students here). Hell, I could probably get an employee to pose in the pic too. LOL. I do know how to talk to people and joke with them to get my way. I dont want to call it social engineering, but if you are nice to someone and give them a decent story, you would be surprised what you can get away with...

I honestly give up though. You obviously have a different opinion and Im not going to waste my time arguing semantics. All I was getting at was that I felt he was improperly banned and that he should work it out in private.

You are like super-mini-helper-mod-fanboi to the rescue and no matter what I say you banter back with some half-ass retort. Sorry, I just got off work and just dont have the energy to go back and fourth with you over this.

[quote name='whoknows']Nobody is going to go to Best Buy and line up 20 cards. I don't understand why people keep saying that.

And your recommendation is a fine one, but the OP sounds like he wants it his way and no way else.[/QUOTE]
When I had almost $1000 in Gamestop credit, I was tempted to convert it to cash by buying multiple PSN/XBL cards and selling them either here or on eBay at a discount.

I can still understand the suspicions towards someone selling multiples, but some folks do have a legit source of multiples of an item as mentioned above.

Moreover, I'm still trying to understand exactly what snapping a picture of some PSN cards would really prove. Who's to say that the OP(or anyone else with multiples) isn't buying a ton of stuff from PSN and has all of the spent cards around their house still.

I find it hilarious that people are telling me to post a picture and get it over with when the mod who took it upon himself to bypass a "silenced", "trading time-out", and an authoritatively worded pm - opting instead for a "trading ban" just because he could - isn't made to answer for his decisions. I also find it hilarious that i'm probably the only person with 100% feedback and no complaints leveled against him to ever have a trading ban attached to his profile. Finally i think it's hilarious that i need to post a pic of my cards to sell them here when others - most of whom haven't been here nearly as long as i have - aren't asked to do the same. That people is the real issue here, but i'm going around in circles now. The mods are thick as thieves so they'll all speak in defense of a fellow mod and a few other users here just kiss ass for a living. I'm thankful to the people who looked at both sides of the argument and i'm thankful to those who have sided with me - i just hope you don't incur the wrath of the all-knowing moderators. I'll never trade PSN or XBL cards here again, but i do enjoy gameshares and i have 2 in the pipeline, so if a mod can guarantee that the trading ban will be lifted if i post a picture, then i'll do it. fuck it, right? Who needs principles? Why voice your opinion when you've been unjustly treated? I'll just bow my head and do as i've been bade by the powers that be.

There i go digressing from the purpose of this post. If i mod can guarantee that i'll be reinstated once i've posted a pic, i'll post one.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']I could do it no problem. I dont know about your BBs, but at mine there are only a few employees, most of which look like they are college students, and it would be easy as hell. Hell, I could probably get an employee to pose in the pic too. LOL. I do know how to talk to people and joke with them to get my way. I dont want to call it social engineering, but if you are nice to someone and give them a decent story, you would be surprised what you can get away with...

I honestly give up. You obviously have a different opinion and Im not going to waste my time arguing semantics. All I was getting at was that I felt he was improperly banned and that he should work it out in private.

You are like super-mini-helper-mod-fanboi to the rescue and no matter what I say you banter back with some half-ass retort. Sorry, I just got off work and just dont have the energy to go back and fourth with you over this.[/QUOTE]

I will give you $20 if you take a pic of 20 PSN cards on the floor with a BB employee in it.

And I'm not a mod helper, I've had a few incidents with certain mods, Shrike knows, but in this particular case in my opinion the OP is in the wrong and was too self-entitled and too self-righteous to do such a simple request as taking a picture, even with a more than good enough reason from Shrike to do so.

What can I say? I hate it when people make big deals about nothing and have that overly self-righteous attitude.

PileOf$50iTunesGiftCards.jpg
0.jpg
0516090707.jpg

found some pics for ya.

[quote name='whoknows']I will give you $20 if you take a pic of 20 PSN cards on the floor with a BB employee in it.[/QUOTE]

Ill do you one better. I'll get a pic of a BB employee holding 20 PSn cards fanned out for that 20 bucks.

[quote name='whoknows']What can I say? I hate it when people make big deals about nothing and have that overly self-righteous attitude.[/QUOTE]

Thats all you had to say. In YOUR OPINION it is nothing... But did you ever think that maybe to the OP it is a big deal? Who's to say what is a big deal and what is not to someone else. You are making an assumption again that what has happened should not be a big deal to the OP, and you werent there to witness the context that everything happened in. Neither was I, thats why I reserve judgement.

...and that $20 is as good as mine. I dont have PayPal, so you will have to mail it to me. I will expect a tracking number too!

Thats it, Im done. LOL!

[quote name='Spyder187']Ill do you one better. I'll get a pic of a BB employee holding 20 PSn cards fanned out for that 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Spread out on the floor. Employee has to be aware he's in the pic of the cards.

And RRoD offer only, sorry ;)

For 50 bucks Ill get a pick of a BB employee planking on the sales floor and spread out all the psn and xblive points cards they have in stock on their back.

I will give you $30 if you can get a pic of a female employee holding her shirt up with the cards covering her breasts like pasties while wearing elf ears and a jester's hat.

This reminds of Chuplayer and his lack of spoilers in his blogs. Mods took it upon themselves to impose BS rules and implications and try to explain them as "preventative measures." fuck it, if they don't remove the ban just make a new account. If Shrike "recommended" you take a picture, without providing ample warning should you not follow said recommendation, that doesn't mean you have to follow it. I get the fact that people have been scammed before, but I hardly see any real form of "preventative measures." Yes, it's pretty fucking petty that the difference between ban/no ban is a simple picture, but that's how the mods work on this site.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I will give you $30 if you can get a pic of a female employee holding her shirt up with the cards covering her breasts like pasties while wearing elf ears and a jester's hat.[/QUOTE]

Im not a miracle worker...LOL!

EDIT: Ill send you a pic of my chest with PSN cards on it for $20 (thats 33% off!), but Im a man and that may not appeal to you. Not to mention that I would feel creepy sending someone a pic like that.

[quote name='Spyder187']
PileOf$50iTunesGiftCards.jpg
0.jpg
0516090707.jpg

found some pics for ya.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I found all of those pics myself earlier by doing a Google search. But damn, I wonder what WalMart those PSN cards were at. Ten bucks off a $50 card is a nice 20% discount. That's way better than the usual Walmart 'clearance' prices.;)

whoknows, I really think that you're missing the point and you're making claims against Heavyd814life when they were already explained. Please read over everything again. RedRingOfDeath even summarized everything for you but you still seem to misunderstand.

Anyways, any update on the ban? No replies from any other mods? Heavyd814life, you better not give in to posting a picture because you're not in the wrong here.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I will give you $30 if you can get a pic of a female employee holding her shirt up with the cards covering her breasts like pasties while wearing elf ears and a jester's hat.[/QUOTE]

If she's not fugly, I'm in for one too :cool:

Ever hear about an IRS audit? Should people be claiming those are unfair and refuse to cooperate because they aren't applied to everyone?

The fact that you aren't providing any sort of proof because it is "unfair" just makes it seems more suspicious than it already is. This is also a privately owned website, meaning you are not entitled to the right to post here. If a moderator wants you to provide proof, you better do it because it isn't going to be the other way around.

As a general question: what happens when people buy stolen PSN/XBL points? If the codes work, is there any difference to the end user?

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Im not a miracle worker...LOL![/QUOTE]

I forgot to stipulate; the employee has to be wearing the elf ears and jester's hat. Not you.

[quote name='Antipodes']Ever hear about an IRS audit? Should people be claiming those are unfair and refuse to cooperate because they aren't applied to everyone?

The fact that you aren't providing any sort of proof because it is "unfair" just makes it seems more suspicious than it already is. This is also a privately owned website, meaning you are not entitled to the right to post here. If a moderator wants you to provide proof, you better do it because it isn't going to be the other way around.

As a general question: what happens when people buy stolen PSN/XBL points? If the codes work, is there any difference to the end user?[/QUOTE]

What's an "IRS audit?"

Also, if you buy stolen cards and one of the networks find out about it you can get your account banned and stuff reset.

[quote name='conkwe']whoknows, I really think that you're missing the point and you're making claims against Heavyd814life when they were already explained. Please read over everything again. RedRingOfDeath even summarized everything for you but you still seem to misunderstand.

Anyways, any update on the ban? No replies from any other mods? Heavyd814life, you better not give in to posting a picture because you're not in the wrong here.[/QUOTE]

No, I've read the thread. I know what's going on. I'm pretty much done with the serious replies, but if I was in his position I probably would have asked why for the pic, if I was given the reason so it looks more legit because scams have happened I'd say ok and if I preferred asked if I could send him the pic in PM instead, but I probably wouldn't have cared and just posted the pic. Not like it hurts my chance of sales, and probably would have helped sales in the end. What I wouldn't do is offer the mod not once, but twice the opportunity to buy the cards then start ignoring him.

I'm pretty much done though. I'm going with it's a big deal over nothing and the OP has a problem feeling self righteous. As someone already said, it's not a right to use the trading forums or the site. He can follow the rules or use a different means to sell or trade his things.

I'm done with serious replies though.

[quote name='conkwe']whoknows, I really think that you're missing the point and you're making claims against Heavyd814life when they were already explained. Please read over everything again. RedRingOfDeath even summarized everything for you but you still seem to misunderstand.

Anyways, any update on the ban? No replies from any other mods? Heavyd814life, you better not give in to posting a picture because you're not in the wrong here.[/QUOTE]

Na, nothing yet. I sent a pm every mod but i've only received one response. There won't be any updates because these mods are thick as thieves and will always side with a fellow mod regardless of the circumstances. I think i need to repost the post where i essentially waved the white flag because RedRingOfDeath and whoknows have bumped it back a couple of pages.

[quote name='whoknows']No, I've read the thread. I know what's going on. I'm pretty much done with the serious replies, but if I was in his position I probably would have asked why for the pic, if I was given the reason so it looks more legit because scams have happened I'd say ok and if I preferred asked if I could send him the pic in PM instead, but I probably wouldn't have cared and just posted the pic. Not like it hurts my chance of sales, and probably would have helped sales in the end. What I wouldn't do is offer the mod not once, but twice the opportunity to buy the cards then start ignoring him.

I'm pretty much done though. I'm going with it's a big deal over nothing and the OP has a problem feeling self righteous. As someone already said, it's not a right to use the trading forums or the site. He can follow the rules or use a different means to sell or trade his things.

I'm done with serious replies though.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been reading any of my replies - it doesn't really matter though cause this argument is going nowhere

~~~Repost - White Flag Waived~~~

I find it hilarious that people are telling me to post a picture and get it over with when the mod who took it upon himself to bypass a "silenced", "trading time-out", and an authoritatively worded pm - opting instead for a "trading ban" just because he could - isn't made to answer for his decisions. I also find it hilarious that i'm probably the only person with 100% feedback and no complaints leveled against him to ever have a trading ban attached to his profile. Finally i think it's hilarious that i need to post a pic of my cards to sell them here when others - most of whom haven't been here nearly as long as i have - aren't asked to do the same. That people is the real issue here, but i'm going around in circles now. The mods are thick as thieves so they'll all speak in defense of a fellow mod and a few other users here just kiss ass for a living. I'm thankful to the people who looked at both sides of the argument and i'm thankful to those who have sided with me - i just hope you don't incur the wrath of the all-knowing moderators. I'll never trade PSN or XBL cards here again, but i do enjoy gameshares and i have 2 in the pipeline, so if a mod can guarantee that the trading ban will be lifted if i post a picture, then i'll do it. fuck it, right? Who needs principles? Why voice your opinion when you've been unjustly treated? I'll just bow my head and do as i've been bade by the powers that be.

There i go digressing from the purpose of this post. If i mod can guarantee that i'll be reinstated once i've posted a pic, i'll post one.

Door's over there, OP. No one's stopping you from leaving, since you said you're going to be taking your card sales elsewhere.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Na, nothing yet. I sent a pm every mod but i've only received one response. There won't be any updates because these mods are thick as thieves and will always side with a fellow mod regardless of the circumstances. I think i need to repost the post where i essentially waved the white flag because RedRingOfDeath and whoknows have bumped it back a couple of pages.[/QUOTE]

If you don't like the people who run the site, why are you still here?

[quote name='Antipodes']If you don't like the people who run the site, why are you still here?[/QUOTE]

Do you think i'm the only user here who has had an issue with a mod? You do realize that you don't need to like the mods to enjoy the site, right? Am i missing something here or is this just an utterly nonsensical post? Why do you have "thick as thieves" highlighted?

[quote name='Antipodes']If you don't like the people who run the site, why are you still here?[/QUOTE]

You're a goddamn idiot, did you know that? Is that your attitude towards everything? If you don't like something, you just bail? Basically, according to your genius-like comment, if I don't like my boss I should quit my job. Outstanding logic there sir :applause:. You're awesome.

Yes, because is is sensible calling all of this website's mods thieves. Your job analogy is ridiculous because, guess what, if you said the same thing publicly about your bosses at work you'd be asked "why don't you quit then?" if not immediately fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back