Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

[quote name='lokizz']what do you do when youve made a trade left the other person feedback and after they get the game they dont give you feedback back. its been almost a week now and ive messaged them at least 2 or 3 times about it and theyve been on the site numerous times and you still dont get feedback?

i know its nowhere near as big a deal as getting scammed but to me its a common courtesy that once you tget the game and give it a once over you give them the appropriate feedback. its a bit annoying to have to keep asking them to leave you feedback and still worry that if you pester them too much you could get a negative feedback in return,[/quote]

I'd say just move on. Nothing you can do if they don't want to leave a feedback. It is voluntary and a courtesy to do it, but it is not enforced (like ebay). :)

no worries he finally left feedback. since i used sig con nobody was there to pick it up so he had to pick it up later. left positive feedback today thanks for all your guys help....yes i know bad english but eh.

First, I apologize greatly if this is answered somewhere else (or if I shouldn't be asking it here at all), but I have honestly tried to find the answer and can't seem to.

I had a question about Edge Cards from GameStop. I know people in trade lists request Gamestop gift cards, but to my understanding, Gamestop GIFT cards are entirely different from EDGE cards, yes?

Now, I can understand how GIFT cards would be transferabble, since that's the whole point really - buy them, and then give them to someone as a gift. But are EDGE cards transferrable as well?

I ask because I have an EDGE card from Gamestop that has some store credit on it from trading in games. I would much rather have the cash than the store credit, and would want to add the card to my trade list, if I knew that someone else could use it. The reason I am having difficulty figuring this out is because of the fact that I have to sign everytime funds get added to the card, and I didn't know if someone using it would have to sign as well (like a credit card).

Does that make sense? And thanks!

Basically you have a gift card with the edge sticker on it.
Use the edge card and purchase a gift card. So you keep your giftcard with your edge info.

If that makes sense.

[quote name='bryenfury']Basically you have a gift card with the edge sticker on it.
Use the edge card and purchase a gift card. So you keep your giftcard with your edge info.

If that makes sense.[/quote]

That does make sense, thanks! I just didn't know/figure that Edge cards could be used to buy gift cards. I figured they HAD to be used on merchandise proper.

Question: I have extra copies of Half-Life 2 and HL2 Episode 1 on my Steam account, which I can transfer to another Steam user. Would selling/trading these count as "CD keys by themselves without the associated media"?

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Question: I have extra copies of Half-Life 2 and HL2 Episode 1 on my Steam account, which I can transfer to another Steam user. Would selling/trading these count as "CD keys by themselves without the associated media"?[/quote]If it's gifted between Steam users, then I think you'd be OK with it, as I know Steam allows for that process.

CD keys can be generated by all types of illicit means, so there's no way for someone to know if they're good or not without the physical media and the printed key.

I think this sentence is missing a word..
* Parcel Post - more expensive than Media Mail and about the same shipping timeframe for Parcel Post has no restrictions on what can be shipped, weight-wise or item-wise. Best used for items such as gaming systems that are much heavier than First Class would allow, and won't fit into the shipping criteria for Media Mail.
It's after the word "for" and before the words "Parcel Post".

Forgive me if this issue has already been brought up as I don't really feel like sifting through 10 pages of posts.
I was just wondering what is the point of 'negative feedback' in the itrader ratings when giving a rating to another user? Don't moderators usually suspend/ban the trader's account if something goes wrong? I can understand the neutral feedback for something like not including a manual or case when stated they would or if it's not in the condition as described but I feel there is no need for a 'negative' feedback option.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Forgive me if this issue has already been brought up as I don't really feel like sifting through 10 pages of posts.
I was just wondering what is the point of 'negative feedback' in the itrader ratings when giving a rating to another user? Don't moderators usually suspend/ban the trader's account if something goes wrong? I can understand the neutral feedback for something like not including a manual or case when stated they would or if it's not in the condition as described but I feel there is no need for a 'negative' feedback option.[/QUOTE]

Well, let's say someone buys a mint/complete copy of a game only to be sent a scratched disc only copy. I think that's worthy of a negative, but may not be worthy of a ban/suspension.

I'm curious why auctions are allowed in the trade forum. Shouldn't there be a requirement to list an item and a price instead of using cag as an ebay.

[quote name='kklems']I'm curious why auctions are allowed in the trade forum. Shouldn't there be a requirement to list an item and a price instead of using cag as an ebay.[/QUOTE]

They are auctions in sense but they view it as lowball sales - it's more like "pay what you bidded plus the shipping"... They use lowball sale instead of ebay because they don't like to pay the insertion and selling comission fees.

[quote name='greenrocks']They are auctions in sense but they view it as lowball sales - it's more like "pay what you bidded plus the shipping"... They use lowball sale instead of ebay because they don't like to pay the insertion and selling comission fees.[/QUOTE]

I'd just like to point out that I held two very successful lowball auctions here on CAG. I've never been on ebay and never would use ebay so to say that all people who have had lowball auctions here on CAG do so because we don't like to pay ebay comissions is misleading.

CAG is the only online community I have ever belonged to. I wasn't looking to move a bunch of merchandise but when I was in need of some money (my 12 year old needed to get braces) I decided to give the fine people on this site the first (and only) shot at much of my collection.

Some items went for a ridiculous amount of money (Lost Odyssey guide for $30) but most of it went for a decent price. I ended up selling a mint GH I bundle AND a mint GH II bundle for about $25.00 to one person for BOTH!

Anyways I just wanted to say that I did not hold my lowball auctions on CAG because I was saving commission fees but rather because CAG is THE BEST online game trading community on the web and i wanted to give back to a site that has helped me save so much $$ in the past.

-jimijumper

[quote name='jimijumper']I'd just like to point out that I held two very successful lowball auctions here on CAG. I've never been on ebay and never would use ebay so to say that all people who have had lowball auctions here on CAG do so because we don't like to pay ebay comissions is misleading.

CAG is the only online community I have ever belonged to. I wasn't looking to move a bunch of merchandise but when I was in need of some money (my 12 year old needed to get braces) I decided to give the fine people on this site the first (and only) shot at much of my collection.

Some items went for a ridiculous amount of money (Lost Odyssey guide for $30) but most of it went for a decent price. I ended up selling a mint GH I bundle AND a mint GH II bundle for about $25.00 to one person for BOTH!

Anyways I just wanted to say that I did not hold my lowball auctions on CAG because I was saving commission fees but rather because CAG is THE BEST online game trading community on the web and i wanted to give back to a site that has helped me save so much $$ in the past.

-jimijumper[/QUOTE]

I see. =D
Personally, and obviously I have never held a lowball sale but I could see, kinda understand the feelings of gamers running lowball sale just to give the community, the largest group online targeted for video gamers, chances to get dibs on them, like you said, for certain DECENT prices. It's quite great to see people like that. Myself, hoping to do one someday, but I seem to be procrastinating. x_O;

Ok, so I've been on CAG for a little while now but I'm just starting to look into possibly trading my stuff. I've skimmed through this thread & the FAQ link to this one, after looking at a couple of trading posts & wanted to know if there is an abbreviation guide some where. I get the basics like: have, want, buy, sell, trade. But I saw somebody who wanted CML & I have no clue what that is. I'm sorry if this is a basic question but like I said I'm very new to this. Thanks in advance for any help.

So how long should one wait before filing a mail fraud report against someone? I made a trade here and the person received my game on the 6th but he hasn't logged in since the 4th so things are not looking so good right now.

[quote name='kube00']contact a mod first and go from there[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response but I was planning on giving the person a week to at least respond to my pms before claiming them to be a scammer and taking things further just wanted to see the average cag wait time before claiming someone to be a scammer and trying to file a fraud report against them so I don't think there is any point in contacting a mod yet if I am not yet willing to throw them under the bus so to speak.

I have some questions for all your experienced traders and sellers:

I've got a decent sized collection of consoles, games, and guides that I'd like to sell.
I did some comparisons between Amazon, Craigslist, and EBay to see the number of listings and the price.

Overall, it seems like Craigslist isn't the way to go. There weren’t many listings for the stuff I had, and the prices varied wildly.

EBay was useful because I could lookup completed auctions and get a good idea of what the item will sell for. However, I haven't used EBAY in about 10 years, I don't have an account anymore, and I keep hearing horror stories about sellers getting grief from buyers and PayPal. That kinda scares me.

Amazon typically had higher listing prices than EBay, but I can't tell if anything has actually sold. Since I've never sold anything on Amazon, I don't know what it takes to get my item listed, and since I'd be starting fresh, I would have no Amazon marketplace street cred.

I could sell my stuff here, but I figured this would get me the lowest selling price, and I don't have any seller street cred here either.

So, anyone have any advice on where to sell, how to sell with no past history, and make it as painless as possible?

Thanks.

Does anyone remember who made these bars?

ps3bar.jpg

miscbar.jpg

I'm pretty sure I got them from a moderator's trading topic and I always wanted to ask permission to use them.

I have a bunch of games I'm about to list. Is it proper CAG etiquette to list prices along with them or should i just say "make me a offer"? I guess I can check Ebay to see how much this stuff is worth but that's gonna take a while.

[quote name='cletus']I have a bunch of games I'm about to list. Is it proper CAG etiquette to list prices along with them or should i just say "make me a offer"? I guess I can check Ebay to see how much this stuff is worth but that's gonna take a while.[/QUOTE]
Either way works

Also, how do I make an official DV8 lowball sale for myself?

just curious, but im going to be selling a ton of non related video game stuff soon. Can i add it to my list here on CAG and attempt to sell it this way?

none of the items were under the items you cannot sell stuff, but i just wanted to make sure

I sent what looks like a reliable (has good trade rep) guy money for a xbl code yesterday morning and still haven't received it, should I be it?

[quote name='CyReN']I sent what looks like a reliable (has good trade rep) guy money for a xbl code yesterday morning and still haven't received it, should I be it?[/QUOTE]

Depends... Did he tag you? :lol:

OK, really though, Many people get on CAG everyday, but others don't. Unless he agreed to send the moment he received payment, I think he should get a day or two grace period before you get worried.

Can we have an update/enforcement of PayPal rules on CAG? I've been seeing people saying PayPal gift only or this much for non-gift and this much for gift.

I need some advice.

I made a recent trade with a user who has no iTrader Feedback. He seems like a really nice guy. He shipped first and I received my game within two days (game received on 09-23-2009).

I shipped his game the next morning via first-class and provided delivery confirmation on 09-24-2009 at 9:09AM ET.

The USPS attempted to deliver the package on 09-28-2009 at 11:15AM ET and left a pick up notice.

The user has not picked up the game yet. I've sent several PM's to him to just see when he intends to pick up his game. According to the USPS delivery confirmation, the game will be sent back to me if not picked up within 15 days (10-12-009).

The user is not responding to any of my PMs.

--His last PM to me was on 09-24-2009 at 08:17 AM.
--His last post on CAG was on 09-24-2009 at 01:13 PM.
--His last activity on CAG was on 10-05-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Is there anything that I should be leery of?

If the game gets sent back to me, would I be required to resend it (and pay shipping again)? I think that it's fair for him to get the game that he traded to me. I just don't think it would be fair for me to have to pay twice for shipping (and delivery confirmation).

I'm not an overly experienced trader and I don't know how common this is. At any rate, any advice from experienced CAG traders will be appreciated.

[quote name='jacknicklson']He should have to pay for re-shipping, without a doubt[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, it won't have to come to that. But if it does, I really hope that he's willing to cooperate.

If he refuses to pay for shipping, then what?

I am in the midst of a trade. An even swap of game for game. I shipped mine on 9/28 First class w/DC# he shipped his 9/30 with first class, no DC. He received mine within a couple of days and I have not yet received the package from him. We are still in contact and both worried whether it'll even show up at my place or bounce back to his.

My question is: how long should we reasonably wait on the package before finding a different solution to the trade?

Drums,

It gets hairy at that point as you are both susceptible to bad feedback from each other. Unfortunately, you are in a tough spot with that. I would let him respond before worrying about it as the fault is completely with him at this point.

Chernobyl,

I would wait roughly 10 business days before thinking of other options with the other trader. I have had a Priority package take that long to come to me from California(in NJ) so unfortunately, patience is the best answer at this point imo.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Drums,

It gets hairy at that point as you are both susceptible to bad feedback from each other. Unfortunately, you are in a tough spot with that. I would let him respond before worrying about it as the fault is completely with him at this point.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks jack! Good news, he contacted me last night and said that he was able to pick up the game. He's been working a lot and it's really limited his ability to pick up the game or do much on CAG.

So in the end, everything worked out. I got my game within 2 days and he finally picked up his game. Everything is well again in the land of CAG.

Question, nothing bad. I bought a game from a fellow CAG, received it a few days later, both left good feedback, yay! Yesterday I bought another game from him, my question is - when it arrives, is it alright for us to exchange feedback again so shortly after another trade? My gut says yes since it's a separate transaction entirely, but I didn't know whether it might be viewed as feedback padding. I'm still relatively new, just wanted to double check.

Feedback only counts once from someone as unique after that it will show on your itrader page but not add another +1 to the number under your forum avatar thing. So you'll still show 10 unless you click on it and look at your page than it will show 11 etc. Although I would leave feedback on that as its really a different transaction.

[quote name='blissskr']Feedback only counts once from someone as unique after that it will show on your itrader page but not add another +1 to the number under your forum avatar thing. So you'll still show 10 unless you click on it and look at your page than it will show 11 etc. Although I would leave feedback on that as its really a different transaction.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks!

ok, i have no idea where to ask this, and i'm still pretty new to this thing so I'm going to ask here, hopefully someone can give me an answer...

I've checked the guide on shipping, and it says to ship a game is usually under 4 dollars...I keep paying 4.80 every time I ship out an item, no matter the size of the game itself, or the envelope i ship it in (for example, I am using small mail electronic media boxes right now for the items about to ship, as well as 8x11 and 4x7 envelopes). what is an effective way to cut these shipping costs if i shouldn't be spending as much as I am?

[quote name='br26']ok, i have no idea where to ask this, and i'm still pretty new to this thing so I'm going to ask here, hopefully someone can give me an answer...

I've checked the guide on shipping, and it says to ship a game is usually under 4 dollars...I keep paying 4.80 every time I ship out an item, no matter the size of the game itself, or the envelope i ship it in (for example, I am using small mail electronic media boxes right now for the items about to ship, as well as 8x11 and 4x7 envelopes). what is an effective way to cut these shipping costs if i shouldn't be spending as much as I am?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are using priority mail. You need to use media mail

[quote name='jacknicklson']Sounds like you are using priority mail. You need to use media mail[/QUOTE]

hmm, i thought priority mail was preferred so that's why i used it- but i'll look into media mail as well, thanks.

Stry-ker...no
Read the rules....
* Modded consoles and console mods of any type. This rule includes other electronics as well, such as an Itouch or IPhone. This is not up for discussion.
* Software such as HDLoader, HDAdvance and the like, due to the possible illegal uses that such applications can be used for. This is not up for discussion.

bread's done
Back