Transformers Movie - DVD & HD DVD Sales Break Records

[quote name='deadite76']Another new TV spot:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2199[/quote]
Holly shit! Bonecrushers transformation was awesome. Love how he "skates" on the road too!

I'm still waiting for my favorite local theather to open up the ticket sales for July 2nd...Atleast I hope that they are planning on it. If not I'll have to go to a crappy one a block away from me.

EDIT: Woohooo, my favorite theater place got tickets for 7/2 Monday @ 8...Purchasing now.

EDIT2: I'm so fucking happy, can't wait! Got tickets in hand now
dance005.gif

Sorry if this was already mentioned:

On May 30, 2007, Dreamworks greenlit two more sequels.[83] Shia LaBeouf,[84] Megan Fox[85] and Peter Cullen[29] have signed on for the sequels, while Michael Bay has not signed on to direct, saying "I'm trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations."[29]
Soundwave is intended to be a new major character in the sequels,[8] with his presence allowing a proper introduction of mass-shifting.[1] Producer Tom DeSanto has "a very cool idea on how to introduce the Dinobots and Constructicons."[86] Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura felt production would be quicker as the design aesthetics had been worked out.[87] Bay may put in an aircraft carrier character, an idea which was previously too expensive for the first film.[88]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(film)#Sequels

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly shit! Bonecrushers transformation was awesome. Love how he "skates" on the road too!

I'm still waiting for my favorite local theather to open up the ticket sales for July 2nd...Atleast I hope that they are planning on it. If not I'll have to go to a crappy one a block away from me.

EDIT: Woohooo, my favorite ticket place got tickets for 7/2 Monday @ 8...Purchasing now.

EDIT2: I'm so fucking happy, can't wait! Got tickets in hand now
dance005.gif
[/quote]

I got mine for july 2 at 8 too cant wait

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok 3 weeks til the release of this summer mega blockbuster and its STILL NOT YET RATED?!?!!?[/quote]
Maybe they haven't put the finishing touches on the special effects yet. I remember watching a documentary on The Return of the King on one of the LotR DVDs and they were talking about how getting the film into theaters came right down to the wire due to how long the special effects shots were taking.

utterbadassness-a.jpg

bad photoshop :(

ack what happened to the autobot symbol. In the cartoon you saw it everywhere (chest, side, arm)...here is like, blink and you will miss it

[quote name='Kaijufan']Maybe they haven't put the finishing touches on the special effects yet. I remember watching a documentary on The Return of the King on one of the LotR DVDs and they were talking about how getting the film into theaters came right down to the wire due to how long the special effects shots were taking.[/QUOTE]

PG-13..............PG-13.................PG-13...........PG-13!!!!!!!!!!!!

please make spike (I REFUSE TO CALL HIM SAM!!) say SHIT or HOLY SHIT!!!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']PG-13..............PG-13.................PG-13...........PG-13!!!!!!!!!!!!

please make spike (I REFUSE TO CALL HIM SAM!!) say SHIT or HOLY SHIT!!!![/quote]

Oh it better be PG-13

i work at a theater in louisville ky. i bought the first four tickets sold in the city. ROCK!!!!

07/Duece/07, baby!!!!

i'm also getting my hands on a huge cardboard standee. the one with megatron facing optimus with spike and the chick in between.

[quote name='IronMan2020']i work at a theater in louisville ky. i bought the first four tickets sold in the city. ROCK!!!!

07/Duece/07, baby!!!!

i'm also getting my hands on a huge cardboard standee. the one with megatron facing optimus with spike and the chick in between.[/QUOTE]

at this time, the nearest theater that will be showing it is about 30-45 mins away.

This happened when episode 3 was coming out, fandango and movietickets.com was showing them as the only places for midnight only showing but then bam about a month before the movie came out my local theater was getting it. I really wonder how the hell do theaters get the rights to show the movie.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh it better be PG-13[/QUOTE]

It will be PG-13. Think about it. Hasbro wants to make money off the toys. And I highly doubt they'll make money off of toys in a movie children can't see easily.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It will be PG-13. Think about it. Hasbro wants to make money off the toys. And I highly doubt they'll make money off of toys in a movie children can't see easily.[/QUOTE]

fuck little kids....... to be honest....... if they really , really want to make some big bucks, they should RELEASE the original transformers line from the 80's. No repaints, just the original shit we use to have. INCLUDING MEGATRON AS A HANDGUN!! God damn it now I wish I bought up all the re-releases TRU had a few years back but paying 20 bucks for them was too much..I was hoping for a clearance/price drop but never saw it happen.

So thats how it should be, release these toys for the movie AND release the classic stuff and bam!! MEGA CASH COW!!! That's what they are doing with star wars, re-releasing both ORIGINAL figures AND stuff that was never made into figures.

did anyone see this weeks BB ad? Free Transformers Movie ticket with purchase of one of several SHITTY dvd titles :(

The only one I would buy is Peacemaker, because I don't have it. Everything else I have or is shitty.

[quote name='ITDEFX']did anyone see this weeks BB ad? Free Transformers Movie ticket with purchase of one of several SHITTY dvd titles :(

The only one I would buy is Peacemaker, because I don't have it. Everything else I have or is shitty.[/quote]

Its not even a free movie ticket. Only gives you $5 off towards the price.

Found out which Classic Transformers are included for the preorder of the game at Game Crazy.

It's Mirage, Ramjet, Cliffjumper & Rodimus that are the action figure being offered.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its not even a free movie ticket. Only gives you $5 off towards the price.[/QUOTE]

actually my bad, not free movie ticket, but 7 dollars conssession cash ticket.

bah..

however, when spiderman 3 came out, and of course it had the same thing (for 10 dollars), I was able to use it a few weeks later and they took at as a free movie ticket vs conssession ticket. so it would be nice to get and hold on it for a few weeks and then use it when they least expect it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']fuck little kids....... to be honest....... if they really , really want to make some big bucks, they should RELEASE the original transformers line from the 80's. No repaints, just the original shit we use to have. INCLUDING MEGATRON AS A HANDGUN!! God damn it now I wish I bought up all the re-releases TRU had a few years back but paying 20 bucks for them was too much..I was hoping for a clearance/price drop but never saw it happen.

So thats how it should be, release these toys for the movie AND release the classic stuff and bam!! MEGA CASH COW!!! That's what they are doing with star wars, re-releasing both ORIGINAL figures AND stuff that was never made into figures.[/QUOTE]

Oh no I totally agree. But it's pretty much confirmed that it's going to be PG-13. But don't fret. I read a couple reports online that stated that Spielberg had to call the MPAA to lower the rating. Originally, the MPAA gave the film an R rating because it was so damn intense. The film does not have any human violence...so basically there's so much fucking robot action/madness, that they deemed it to be too much to handle for kinds under 17 and that's with NO blood. But with the Spielberg call, supposedly the MPAA was willing to lower the rating WITHOUT forcing any cuts to the film. That should pop a boner for you.

with all the toys, it makes me wonder who is really in it and which are like supporting side characters who didn't make the cut like Arcee.

for those who were late in watching Sherk 3 (meh) like I was today..... they had a *variation* of the main transformers trailer. It showed even MORE footage, such as
Scoponok being released from Blackout and digging itself into the sand...one of the autobots firing at something, prime in truck mode skidding to the side then transforming (this is not the frontal one as seen earlier in the trailer), more scenes of Barracade, a more detail view of frenzy transforming from a boom box into it's robot mode and a few others I couldn't make out...

the official site does NOT have this updated trailer...hmmm

Forget July 2nd/3rd...why wait for Transformers, when you can buy Transmorphers on DVD now!
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2-6XdiR1iI[/media] :rofl:

apparently it was shown somewhere in Italy the other day......... yet no reviews have surfaced!!

:( Damn where are our internet spies!!

Well, I've been playing the DS and PSP movie game and I thought I'd post here because it's not really worth a thread in each of those sections and its not a general toy discussion.

Anyway, it seems people love the DS version, but hate the PSP one. I tend to like them both about evenly. The PSP obviously has better visuals, but also has a lot better atmosphere and nice cut scenes. The DS though seems to have a more coherent story. The PSP control is ass to start, but can be customized a bit and then you get used to it. Combining the toy though seems like you really get the most out of the plot. Does anyone else get bad screen flicker on the DS version?

Anyone have any questions?

On one hand, it's TRANSFORMERS. On the other hand, it's Shia Labouff...

does the abject suckiness of Shia Labouff trump to awesomness of TRANSFORMERS??? For this moviegoer: it does indeed.

Who am I kidding? I'll see it eventually.

Well, I'll try to review more or something later if I can, but I can elaborate what I meant about the story a little more. I think the DS version tells a better story in terms of A leads to B which leads C type of way. The PSP version is more scattered, but what it does show has a better narrative. It seems to be trying to fill gaps left by the movie/DS game.

Other than that, the DS versions seem to be harder than the PSP version considering I think I'm already at the end of the PSP one, but not on the DS ones. The auto aim is a little trickier on the DS (well it might be worse on PSP, but you can manually aim better), but enemies seem to go down quicker.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Megan Fox on Maxim this month:

megan-fox-gm_l1.jpg
megan-fox-gm_l3.jpg
megan-fox-gm_l4.jpg

:drool:[/QUOTE]

grawl........... :p

so...where are the reviews?????????????

no one is talking!!!!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Jessica Biel on GQ makes her look like a man, comparatively.[/quote]
I would never say that but ....
jessica_biel_gq_bikini_2_big.jpg
00007f.jpg

She is tasty :drool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I would never say that but ....
jessica_biel_gq_bikini_2_big.jpg
00007f.jpg

She is tasty :drool:[/QUOTE]

mmmmmm.... Jessica Biel......................... maybe its good she left 7th heaven :)... ah shit... she hasn't worked out in awhile.

ok..lets keep it together folks, about 8 days left til preview showings!!!!

some reviews are starting to poor in.......mostly saying its good to ok... giving it a B rating.... fuck them :)

bread's done
Back