Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen [Blu-Ray] - $19.99 @ Amazon & Walmart [IMAX Ed]

If you've seen The Dark Knight on :br:, it will be basically the same thing. Full widescreen throughout the IMAX scenes, black bars on top and bottom throughout the rest of the film.

Isn't the IMAX footage only an extra minute or two? While I'd like to get the "best" version, I prefer to not give Walmart any extra money... :/ (not to mention having to drive the opposite direction from work to go to Walmart to pick it up)

I got my Papa John's coupon ready...going to have to make a trip to Wal-Mart tomorrow :puke:.

[quote name='Justin42']Isn't the IMAX footage only an extra minute or two? While I'd like to get the "best" version, I prefer to not give Walmart any extra money... :/ (not to mention having to drive the opposite direction from work to go to Walmart to pick it up)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. But they also have a sweet ass cover:

1255812745_Imax.jpg
attachment.php

[quote name='minimafiaaj']i just saw amazon has this for $19.99 i might get that instead of the walmart one[/QUOTE]
the imax version? i don't care about packaging i care about quality and if it is the imax then :applause:

dark knight imax scenes were phenomenal on bluray, watching the imax T2 on bluray would just be breath taking visually

[quote name='Frankzilla04']Just got back from Wally World. They had the IMAX blu-ray listed as the correct $19.99 sale price. Went up to the register and handed her the Papa John's coupon and told her I got in an email and she marked it down to $16.99 no problem. Here's some pictures for those interested.

Front Cover
http://img40.imageshack.us/i/dsc00070fx.jpg/

Back Cover
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/dsc00071qq.jpg/

Discs
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/dsc00072sy.jpg/[/QUOTE]
did you watch it? is it really the "imax"? because im thinking it is but big screen could mean theater version and i dont wanna get f'd over

Ugh... just got back from my Walmart (2:30am PST). They only had the DVD version and said they never received the BluRay release.

I ended up leaving with a Leader Class Optimus Prime figure for $35. I figure it wasn't worth waiting for the Buster Prime version to drop in price/get released in America.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got my Papa John's coupon ready...going to have to make a trip to Wal-Mart tomorrow :puke:.

Yeah, pretty much. But they also have a sweet ass cover:

1255812745_Imax.jpg
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

hmm my blu ray from walmart did NOT have that main cover.. it had the bumblebee one :|

this wal-mart cover confusion is making me unhappy! don't know what to do now, wanted the Big Screen version, but Bumblebee cover is only ok...Plus, does anyone think it's strange that the slip cover does not say Big Screen Edition, it just says 2-Disc Special Edition...I guess all slip covers were made the same??

Also, what about Sam's Club? there is one closer to me than a Wal-Mart, and I believe that technically they should get in stock the same version as Wal-Mart. Do they take coupons? I can't find a link on the site, but I can't imagine they wouldn't be carrying it. Anyone know a price there?

I stopped by Walmart this morning before work to pick up my copy.

My copy has a black slipcover with Optimus on it with a Walmart sticker that says: Only at Walmart- 2-Disc Big Screen Edition! with exclusive packaging- Over 3 hours of new bonus features-

According to other forums, the IMAX edition should have the Walmart Exclusive sticker that says Big Screen Edition

The upc code for my copy is: 032429075147

I hope this helps some of you guys!

I saw at least 30 copies of the bluray IMAX version. I think there should be plenty for everybody who wants one.

[quote name='SakBee']I stopped by Walmart this morning before work to pick up my copy.

My copy has a black slipcover with Optimus on it with a Walmart sticker that says: Only at Walmart- 2-Disc Big Screen Edition! with exclusive packaging- Over 3 hours of new bonus features-

According to other forums, the IMAX edition should have the Walmart Exclusive sticker that says Big Screen Edition

The upc code for my copy is: 032429075147

I hope this helps some of you guys![/QUOTE]

If you look at the back of the slip cover in the first yellow writing it says Maximize your viewing experience with this Big Screen Edition. Also on the actual disc case it says it in a few places. Namely, the binding near the bottom, or the back right top corner by the Proof of Purchase UPC.

Mine also is the Bumble Bee cover on the case and the slip cover that others have described, not the one noted on the Walmart site.

My UPC is matching the posters I quoted. Pictures below from my cell phone.

transformersfront.jpg

transformersback.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KansasFF']So you guys think if we print that coupon off they will honor it?

EDIT: I guess it says on the coupon it is fraud. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

If your Wal-Mart has self checkout (you can actually look this up on the store locator at warlmart.com), you can just scan it in yourself lol.

Silly me. Why did I think that Wal-Mart would have the blu-ray version exclusive of the biggest movie of the summer on sale the day it comes out?

My local Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) had the Bluray and DVD for $15.96!! That was a nice surprise when I got there this morning. They only had 5 copies of the Bluray out at opening (7am) and by the time the few people there got through, there were only 1-2 left. (one guy seemed to be waffling as to how many he wanted)

I didn't bother trying to pass the copy of the Papa John's coupon-- was tempted but it's pretty obviously against the official rules and $15.96 was a pretty awesome price as is.

Had to complain to Amazon on today's price drop to 19.99 for the Bluray version since I ordered it and mine's was at 24.99. Got an email with a refund for the $5 5 minutes later.

Went to my walmart in Charlottesville, VA and just picked up the BD big screen version for $13.27. It was priced at $19.96. You can check the receipt, I dont think it was an error.
alt="walmart">[/IMG]
DVC00073.jpg

DVC00074.jpg

Went to my Walmart in Charlottesville, VA and picked up the BD big screen for $13.27. I was priced at $19.96. There was no signs for the sale, so might be YMMV.
DVC00074.jpg

DVC00073.jpg

[quote name='Justin42']My local Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) had the Bluray and DVD for $15.96!! That was a nice surprise when I got there this morning. They only had 5 copies of the Bluray out at opening (7am) and by the time the few people there got through, there were only 1-2 left. (one guy seemed to be waffling as to how many he wanted)

I didn't bother trying to pass the copy of the Papa John's coupon-- was tempted but it's pretty obviously against the official rules and $15.96 was a pretty awesome price as is.[/QUOTE]

Wow I live near porter ranch, I just called Wal-Mart to see if they still have more but unfortunately no. I don't really care much for the IMAX edition though but does anyone know if I can price match the 19.99 wal-mart offers at Best Buy?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's crazy Scopeman, had you had the Papa John's coupon, you would have paid $10.XX![/QUOTE]
Yeah, that coupon makes it one great deal.

[quote name='sasuke543']Wow I live near porter ranch, I just called Wal-Mart to see if they still have more but unfortunately no. I don't really care much for the IMAX edition though but does anyone know if I can price match the 19.99 wal-mart offers at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

As long as you have the ad, Best Buy and Target will PM, or you can order from Amazon, it's currently $19.99 there.

just got back from a Wal-Mart here in Houston. Glad I asked about quantities! At first, the cardboard display was completely empty where the BD's were supposed to be, but tons of DVDs. Heart racing, I walked over to the aisle and found 6 copies on BD left! so I grabbed one. They all had the Bumblebee case cover, Prime slipcover and rang up at the $19.96 price. Coupon (original) worked flawlessly.

So what's up with this? is this edition, on BD at least, a limited run? Does Wal-Mart realize the $20 price tag is hurting them and not going to replenish until next week, at full price? Either way, I'm glad I got mine!!

My thanks go to the user who posted the coupon. It worked for me and the Walmart I went to had a few copies of the BD left. I was originally going to get the transforming case from Target to go with the one I have for the first movie but, in the end, I figured it wasn't worth all that extra money compared to Walmart's price + the coupon.

[quote name='sasuke543']but wal-mart doesn't even have a weekly ad...or do they?[/QUOTE]

I've seen them here in SoCal, we don't get them regularly with the newspaper but every now and then I'll see them. They should be available in stores as well.

I'm going to be heading out there soon, hope they're not as hard to find as some have reported.

I really wish this was available from Amazon with the IMAX footage, not just at Walmart.

Though if someone else confirms a price cheaper than $19.99, especially if it's that $13.27 price, I may swing out and pick up a copy at WM.

[quote name='shrike4242']I really wish this was available from Amazon with the IMAX footage, not just at Walmart.

Though if someone else confirms a price cheaper than $19.99, especially if it's that $13.27 price, I may swing out and pick up a copy at WM.[/QUOTE]

Mine was cheaper than $19.99... it was $19.96. ;)

I quickly browsed through a few other forums before heading out to WM and some people had theirs ring up at $18.96 and $13.xx.

I also would've preferred buying through Amazon, as I don't care much about the IMAX scenes (I watched the movie both in a normal theater and then at an IMAX theater and didn't even realize there was a difference in content), but using the $3 off coupon, it came out cheaper getting it through WM and I didn't have to find filler for FSSS.

[quote name='SCOPEMAN87']Went to my Walmart in Charlottesville, VA and picked up the BD big screen for $13.27. I was priced at $19.96. There was no signs for the sale, so might be YMMV.
[/QUOTE]

Charlottesville, Va had a deal? I've never found any good deals there lately. Although, I think I remember that Walmart beats the competitor's ad prices on most DVDs and Blurays by posting those little paper signs saying they lowered the price. Guess I should have gone there instead of Fredericksburg this morning. Good find.

$19.96 at my local Walmart too (Citrus Heights, CA) Still a good price for a new BD with exclusive footage so I'm happy.

$19.96 at the Wal mart I went to (E.P., MN) Had about a good 30 or so BD. Mine is like all the others, Black O. Prime slip with Bumblebee Cover. We actually had a pizza party yesterday at work, and had 4 of the $3 off T:RotF, so I took them all for me and my friends, lol!

just came back from wm, got a copy for $19.96 as well.
but i stopped by mcdonald located inside, so maybe i should add another 5 bucks to the cost!!!

[quote name='minimafiaaj']yeah im wondering if i should try that coupon prob wont since i could only get it in black and white lol[/QUOTE]

I just used mine at a self-checkout scanner.

Son of a bitch I had my girl buy this from BB for $22 cause I didn't even see this thread until now. My local Walmart will be sold out so I'm not pressed.

Went to Walmart after work this morning at 7am in Ionia, MI and they were already sold out -_-

Traveled 35 min to another one where they had a couple dozen, no problem with the coupon either, cashier read it and still took it, lol.

bread's done
Back