Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
EDIT: Was there anything at the end of the credits? I waited but the damn movie theater people prematurely shut the projector off.[/QUOTE]

Nothing at the end. I want to know what movie started the whole "show a easter egg scene at the end of the credits". It is becoming just a trend now for every movie to stay after the credits to make sure nothing is missed.

I agree with bardockkun about all the dislikes. Aside from Optimus and Bumble Bee, and Megan Fox running in slow motion carrying the whole movie the scene with
Devastator being formed was awesome.

[quote name='tenzor']Nothing at the end. I want to know what movie started the whole "show a easter egg scene at the end of the credits". It is becoming just a trend now for every movie to stay after the credits to make sure nothing is missed.

I agree with bardockkun about all the dislikes. Aside from Optimus and Bumble Bee, and Megan Fox running in slow motion carrying the whole movie the scene with
Devastator being formed was awesome.
[/QUOTE]

I think it was one of the Pixar movies like Bug's life or Nutty Professor , but I could be wrong.

Devastator's formation is not a spoiler...we already saw it in the trailers/tv spots.

God damn this sounds horrible. They finally mention the matrix, only to completely fuck it up.

Prediction for the net movie, Sam turns out to be an organic/machine hybrid transformer.

[quote name='JolietJake']God damn this sounds horrible. They finally mention the matrix, only to completely fuck it up.

Prediction for the net movie, Sam turns out to be an organic/machine hybrid transformer.[/QUOTE]

NO NO AND NO!

I agree the Matrix was a joke in this movie.
Seriously what caused it to recompile itself from sand??!? There is no way his sock could have kept all of it after running from all those explosions and so on.

I am starting to think the Con clones were there because Bay wanted MORE robots for the scenes and ILM didn't have enough time to design new ones.

Guess the whole need Energon thing fell apart towards the end as the Cons had enough to activate some Protoforms for the final battle.

Jolt (hi nice to meet you) just shocked and magnetized Jetfire and Prime to create Optimus Hulk?

NEST sure can deploy to anywhere in the world in less than 20 minutes from there island base.

Prime's body sure is made of sterner stuff if he can be dropped from a Cargo plane or released 100 feet up by a helicopter with no support. Was surprised he didn't shatter upon impact.

Mikaela's face is protected from lets see, dirt, sand, fire, explosions, Con weapons while everyone else looks like they got the shit kicked out of them.

I guess the military (NEST) uses Sabot rounds in all their weapons against the cons.

The full NEST name is never explained...so what exactly is it? I have read two explanations of it...which one is it? Don't tell me it's that Supporters and Transformers one.. :roll:

What the hell was that 2-d bot?

So with the Fallen dead...now what? Without Energon or the sun harvester the decepticons have no chance for revenge.

I know I'm going to be pissed watching a lot of this movie, I just hope the action scenes and special effects make up for it. I'm part of the problem why these movies make so much goddamn money, I just can't help it.

I'm probably wrong, but wasn't there a decepticon named devastator in the first movie? I thought he was that tank that the black autobot jumped on. I thought I remembered him saying something like "devastator reporting in"

edit: I just checked and he definitely says "devastator reporting."

Last edited by a moderator:
The clones were just digital extras i'm sure, no different than having extra actors in the background of a scene. He wanted a big battle and didn't have the money or time to introduce enough characters to fill it up.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']I'm probably wrong, but wasn't there a decepticon named devastator in the first movie? I thought he was that tank that the black autobot jumped on. I thought I remembered him saying something like "devastator reporting in"

edit: I just checked and he definitely says "devastator reporting."[/QUOTE]

Yeah he was supposed to be renamed to "Brawl"

from Transformers Wiki regarding the 2007 Film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devastator_(Transformers)
In the film, Devastator appears as a separate character that transforms into a heavily-modified M1 Abrams tank. This character was listed as being renamed Brawl; however, in the final movie, the Decepticon clearly identifies himself as Devastator, although the character is credited as Brawl in the merchandise. According to writers Roberto Orci and Hasbro's Transformers team, this is an error and that he is supposed to be named Brawl. However when queried, director Michael Bay has stated that he has always preferred Devastator, as it "sounded more destructive and dangerous for a Decepticon" [1].

I Got to admit, I kinda want to see it again simply because I enjoyed the CG robot action. Just that the runtime and all the humor makes me question if I really should.

Oh and midnight showing was like a catalog of all the latest Hot Topic Transformers shirts (and it was apparent all their knowledge of the franchise came from just the first movie). Anyone else get a crowd like that?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']

At this point, I'm convinced the third Transformers movie is going to be a two hour long Linkin Park music video featuring some robots drinking new Mountain Dew flavors and transforming into the 2011 GMC models.[/QUOTE]

:sigh facepalm: btw, how do u know GM will be around by then? Lol

Also, why/how did Megan Fox get so overrated...? :puts on flame suit:

[quote name='VipFREAK']:sigh facepalm: btw, how do u know GM will be around by then? Lol

Also, why/how did Megan Fox get so overrated...? :puts on flame suit:[/QUOTE]

No worries, I totally agree. I'm not some sucker who'd think a movie is better over a pair of tits.

[quote name='VipFREAK']
Also, why/how did Megan Fox get so overrated...? :puts on flame suit:[/QUOTE]
When people realized she had boobs and were hypnotized by her soulless black robotic eyes (like Jaws). That and because she did the Maxim thing where she says she likes sex and plays Guitar Hero and basically became the quintessential female.

The movie has its flaws for sure...things I hated:

The twins - Luckily they are not in the movie that long and don't have many lines. The
hybrid human/robot...now that was just fucking stupid, I hated everything about that
, no Barricade...he clearly survived at the end of the first movie yet we don't see him...on the other hand Blackout is alive and we don't know why. Megatron gets revived with a piece of the Allspark why couldn't they revive Jazz or
Optimus the same way?
of course the Matrix thing was a bit weird but so was the Allspark on the first movie.

Other than that I thought it was pretty solid. The story was pretty good, the fighting scenes were absolutely incredible. Not sure what Roger Ebert was talking about when he said he couldn't see what was going on, on screen during the battles...if you know the robots you can clearly see what's going on. As for that dude that complained about the crying/farting/slang...not that big of a deal.

To put it simply, if you enjoyed the first one, you'll definitely enjoy this one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The movie has its flaws for sure...things I hated:

The twins - Luckily they are not in the movie that long and don't have many lines. The
hybrid human/robot...now that was just fucking stupid, I hated everything about that
, no Barricade...he clearly survived at the end of the first movie yet we don't see him...on the other hand Blackout is alive and we don't know why. Megatron gets revived with a piece of the Allspark why couldn't they revive Jazz or
Optimus the same way?
of course the Matrix thing was a bit weird but so was the Allspark on the first movie.
[/QUOTE]
That wasn't Blackout according to abunch of forums. I Believe it was Blademaster, but eitherway it somehow wasn't Blackout. Plus I thought Megatron was revived when they killed that no name Decepticon underwater and just used his spark to bring him back or at least that's what I got out of it.

And the Matrix of Leadership made me think someone glued two of those cup n ball things together...

[quote name='ITDEFX']I think it was one of the Pixar movies like Bug's life or Nutty Professor , but I could be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

That horrible He-Man movie like 20 years ago had a final scene with Skeletor after the credits. That is the oldest movie I remember having something after the credits.

Overall, I liked the movie and perhaps more than the first one. That being said, I thought it was too long. If they would have cut out some of the sweeping shots of people just sort of standing there, it would have really helped out. The twins annoyed the hell out of me too.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc[/QUOTE]

I almost posted that exact same thing...

I like the first but this one was just boring. The final battle in the desert was painfully long. About halfway through my eyes started aimlessly wandering around the theater. I also remember playing with my gum for about five minutes, then looking back up at the screen and think "God, are they still fighting?"

[quote name='bardockkun']That wasn't Blackout according to abunch of forums. I Believe it was Blademaster, but eitherway it somehow wasn't Blackout.[/QUOTE]

His name is Grindor

Saw the movie in imax this morning and it was jammed pack. Overall after the movie, everyone in the audience agreed that the movie was really bad. A lot of scenes felt like they shoulda just been cut to make the movie flow better and I agree with everyone else, the twins were just horrible.

Another thing is that a lot of people say that the combat is a lot better compared to the first (in that you can actually see what's going on now). But it was still bad imo, I still couldnt tell what was going on and when some bot lost a limb, etc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] As for that dude that complained about the crying/farting/slang...not that big of a deal.

To put it simply, if you enjoyed the first one, you'll definitely enjoy this one.[/QUOTE]

Farting robots? Yes it was lite, but noticeable!! I was like, did that kitchen bot really fart? or did wheelie really fart?

I enjoyed the first one because it didn't overload your sensors with explosions, ass shots and so on. The Cons clearly had an objective...to find the glasses/location of the allspark , be stealthy, and use a little force as possible.

Seriously this movie was geared towards the 16-24 year olds and not the fans of the G1 series.

I warned my gf about it and we both agreed to seeing it next week...it's not worth being with the *wired* crowd.

ITDEFX, since you complained about the realism in The Hangover, can you tell me how these big robots are quick, swift, and really powerful but Sam and the crew can outrun them on foot? That doesn't make sense and there is no fucking way that could have happened.

Curious, anyone know what the extended IMax scenes were? If it's any of the stupid Sam's mom getting high scene then I'd almost encourage anyone to go see the normal version if it wasn't for the Optimus in the woods fight.

[quote name='tiredfornow']ITDEFX, since you complained about the realism in The Hangover, can you tell me how these big robots are quick, swift, and really powerful but Sam and the crew can outrun them on foot? That doesn't make sense and there is no fucking way that could have happened.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's easy, because they were in the forest and not on flat open ground plus Sam can dodge them quicker :lol:

Biggest flaw in the movie:

The army has a laser that can kill autobots, but they only use it on ONE autobot. Retarded!

Other than that, I for what I expected from the movie: action, jokes and boobs.

Good flick, but not nearly as good as Star Trek, which is my favorite film of the year thus far, but I still have to see Up.

[quote name='help1']Biggest flaw in the movie:

The army has a laser that can kill autobots, but they only use it on ONE autobot. Retarded!
[/QUOTE]
You mean Decepticon.

If it would've ended about an hour & a half way in (say when
Optimus Dies
), it would have been a watchable or maybe even enjoyable flick. But unfortunately the movie goes on and on and on and on and on to the point where I just wanted to say fuck it, go home and go to bed. I don't even clearly remember the end, it was just a blur waiting for the LP song to come on so I can leave.

Besides that, I hated how they brought Optimus back, how no Autobots died, how there was so many WTF?? moments
Bumblebee crying, the human Decepticon, the old Deceticon, complete with walker, Bumblebee pissing in the car, Devatstator's scrotum, etc etc
The movie isn't content with just jumping the shark ONCE, it does so nearly every 20 min.

If you like mindless, terribly made movies, then by all means you might like this one. Keep in mind, that at two and a half hours+ in length, you'll likely get bored halfway through.

[quote name='bardockkun']Curious, anyone know what the extended IMax scenes were? If it's any of the stupid Sam's mom getting high scene then I'd almost encourage anyone to go see the normal version if it wasn't for the Optimus in the woods fight.[/QUOTE]

michael bay flipping everyone the bird and laughing at the fact you all went to see the film .

[quote name='help1']Biggest flaw in the movie:

Other than that, I for what I expected from the movie: action, jokes and boobs.

Good flick, but not nearly as good as Star Trek, which is my favorite film of the year thus far, but I still have to see Up.[/QUOTE]

probally all the other ones paid their taxes....See what happens autobots when you dont pay the taxman LOL

[quote name='bardockkun']You mean Decepticon with big balls.[/QUOTE]

fixed :roll:

Yea damn how luck was that ship to pull of a shot like that?? I know Bay likes to keep all the military scenes all authentic, but firing a rail gun and nailing the target miles away was either damn luck or just plain, "hey lets fire this guy thingy over the hills blindly and hope it hits something with balls.

[quote name='ITDEFX']fixed :roll:

Yea damn how luck was that ship to pull of a shot like that?? I know Bay likes to keep all the military scenes all authentic, but firing a rail gun and nailing the target miles away was either damn luck or just plain, "hey lets fire this guy thingy over the hills blindly and hope it hits something with balls.[/QUOTE]

The dude on the pyramid gave him the directions of where to shoot. I'm assuming the radio he jacked had GPS and that's where he got the coordinates.

Also to the guy complaining that they only shot it once...it was a top secret experimental weapon...maybe it takes a while to reload *shrugs*

So I might have missed this...but does anyone know what Sam was going to college for? I couldn't tell...... the astronomy class doesn't really tell what exactly he is there for.

That Leo character was a waste of time.

Megatron knew exactly where to go after he was resurrected?!?!?

The fallen looked like he was dying until Prime died then he got up and went to earth.

[quote name='batman1939']Are you asking what was Sam's major? Hell when I went to college I didn't start with a major and when I pick one I changed after a month.

Megatron was resurrected and went back to Cybertron it's not like he went looking for Sam right after he gets out of the ocean.

I think the Fallen was just laying low because he knew that with a live Prime out there, there is someone that can kill him. Like Unicron, he didn't go after Optimus, he sent Galvatron.

But why the hell did they not make Soundwave sound like the cartoon? He sounded like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget same actor did both vocies all they had to do was distort it and it would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

Off topic here, but what's up with people who go to expensive colleges and don't have an "idea" on a what major to do or career .. :roll: Waste of time and money if you ask me.

That was NOT cybertron. Cybertron is not in orbit of Saturn. Not going to accept this :nottalking:

Protoforms are in egg like sacs? eh?

[quote name='bardockkun']That wasn't Blackout according to abunch of forums. I Believe it was Blademaster, but eitherway it somehow wasn't Blackout. Plus I thought Megatron was revived when they killed that no name Decepticon underwater and just used his spark to bring him back or at least that's what I got out of it.

And the Matrix of Leadership made me think someone glued two of those cup n ball things together...[/QUOTE]

I got this as well (Megatron's revival), but then they followed it up with "we now have 6" after saying they had five. 5-1+1 is still 5.

Linkin - No.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']If the twins had been redneck or hillbilly stereotypes, no one would have complained.[/QUOTE]

The voices (one of which was done by the same actor on the excellent animated show, MISSION HILL) were not the kicker. The giant teeth (one gold, no less) AND the giant ears were "wow." Especially after the extended rants and essays regarding Jazz being the "black one" and also the only one to die in the first, I was amazed they went the "how can we be more offensive" route.

Oddly, the crowd I saw it with popped for everything the twins did. They laughed at all their jokes.

I had tons of issues (a movie made for 11 year old boys being 1):

-Why is Bumblebee's voice broken again? Didn't they fix this? You mean for 2 years he's been communicating songs?

-What was the point of the frat party (well, other than appeal to 11 year olds who can't surf the net)?

-Sam needs to make it back to chat with his girlfriend. He's at the party like 30 seconds and MISSES it! No real showing passage of time and if he needed to make it back or the chat was that soon, he would have never gone. The process seemed flawed or poorly told.

-Wheelie turns face even without a leash or being told he could change sides. He did lead them to a Decepticon (technically), but that didn't seem like the plan.

-Megatron and Prime are the same size. Didn't Megatron dwarf Prime last time?

-I had Indy flashbacks when Sam talks to the elders. Also, even in his dreams/visions he has burns and scars? Even ones that burn the shirt and not the skin?

-Why did Optimus in robot form always appear unwashed and distressed, but in car form he sparkled?

-The Autobots are venomous murderous creatures. The Decepticons are looking for a fight and to destroy the planet, but they playfully fight.

-John Tuturro climbs a pyramid in 4 minutes. He also happens to never even have to DUCK all the falling pieces. Excellent.

-For a big budget movie, this was the most unwashed/unblended CGI I've ever seen. Even the human stunts from a blue screen were horrible (a good example is the Army guy who gets blown out of the high part of the building in the desert). Bad.

-We get no formal introduction of anyone. We trot out 40 new robots and barely even get to remind us of Optimus, Bumblebee, and Megatron.

-Robots climb on things and traffic moves as usual. Seriously?

-A horrible computer generated video broadcasts worldwide. A giant aircraft carrier is sunk. CNN still has pundits in studio. People move around New York without a care. Sam wears a hat(~!) to disguise himself while standing right next to people he was previously seen with IN NO DISGUISE. There is no panic anywhere. Egyptian guard towers are still run the same. Paris is chill. Seriously?

-Starscream gets his ass handed to him on the top of a building. Despite destroying tons of stuff when they touch it, no once notices that he and Megatron are there AND they appear to cause no damage.

-Giant robots fall out of the sky next to people. Smoke/dust/sand kicks up, but they don't flinch. It's like it wasn't there!

-I love cursing. But the mom says shit for no reason. It seems forced and out of character. Then when she should be cursing and crying (the climax) she's reserved. Really? Especially in a movie so blatantly targeted to little boys--- what was the need here?

-Robot balls.

-Robot "bodily functions."

-Neon green car size robots dangling from buildings and NO ONE NOTICES?

-The Autobots are technically not needed to fight the Decepticons. The military does a pretty good job with standard missiles and a random giant test gun that happens to be near Egypt. Also, no alien tech was ever shared--- so we have no idea how no weapons worked in the first one but in this one, they slaughter giants robots 40 robots to 20 marines.

-So we have giant robots attacking us and ones that WANT TO HELP us and we're to believe the President says "please leave?" Really? Also, let's announce he's being held in a bunker IN THE MIDDLE of the US. Way to narrow the search.

I could write more, but I imagine I'll get lots of "WORDS" responses already.

[quote name='batman1939']
Sam's dad says that the government is going to pay to fix the house after Bumblebee shoots it up so most I bet they are paying for the college too. Your tax dollars at work.

Jetfire or Jetstorm (the old Transformer) teleported using the sky warp bridge. So let's say Megatron did the same thing. Are you telling me that the only planet anywhere with rings is Saturn. I doubt it

Beast War protoforms are like liquid metal till they do a scan to transform into something. If the pods they are in are damaged and scanner doesn't work they die. So since Beast War protoforms are more advanced than G1 protoforms that is there lifesupport I guess.

Now I'm going back into my moms basement and cry...I didn't know I was this big of a geek. :cry:[/QUOTE]

(1) Sam's dad also complained about the price tag of college and seemed to act like he was footing the bill. If it was free, he'd never care to make a comment.

(2) Jetfire - No evidence of anyone else using a sky warp bridge is seen. Megatron clearly "flys" there.

(3) Beast Wars isn't cannon here. Neither is G1. The point of the army to be built is pretty moot. Also, destroying the sun is a short term fix. You'd think they'd have seen that since it's been "millennium" (I think they meant millennia).

[quote name='JolietJake']God damn this sounds horrible. They finally mention the matrix, only to completely fuck it up.

Prediction for the net movie, Sam turns out to be an organic/machine hybrid transformer.[/QUOTE]

Sam will be like Saurie in Transformers Animated then. Sweet. (not)

It worked in the Animated show since that show was well written.

I agree with you MrNewz.

In the post 911 world... talking robot trapped in a box can get thru a TSA scan without being noticed.

Agent Simmons can climb a Pyramid and not get noticed by Devistator lol.

Therealfendeal.com ...lame. :roll:

Just love that line from that dude.... "we will win this war just like we won every other war..." :roll: uhhh can someone give Bay a fuckING HISTORY BOOK!!!!

Starscream SPITS on Sam, and sam stays dry.

Do you think Bumblebee knew Alice was a pretender or was just pissing on her just because he didn't like her?

Did anyone here the classic g1 transforming sounds with the ball baring bots times 30,000??!?!?

The graphic novel makes the space bridge look cool, yet in this movie flash, pop, they are there. I really wouldn't have mind if Jetfire would have flown to Egypt. It would have been nice to see some downtime between the characters in the jet.

Why didn't the decepitcons just off a major city to show the world how serious they were about their threat? You could see Mixmaster knock off the flag from the Brooklyn bridge, and Starscream hanging off a building yet the military does nothing.

So tell the gaurds at the check point your from NYC and off on your way?!?!?

The Blackout clone (Grindor) drops Sam and friends 200 feet up and they SURVIVE the impact only to have the car SLICED by Starscream!??!

Mikaela carries sterile bandages in her pockets at all times and can fix Sam's hand up in seconds!

What was Sam blabbing about Einstein being WRONG? Did anyone catch what he said about the formula?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I agree with you MrNewz.

Mikaela carries sterile bandages in her pockets at all times and can fix Sam's hand up in seconds![/QUOTE]

I also agree with you.

"We worked his real life injury into the movie."

A hand wrap that isn't ever touched on is working it into the movie? Sweet.

The TALKING box gets through the plane, no less. The super-robot from outerspace also can't get out of a regular box?

Simmons took ALL THE FILES from Sector 7. All? Seriously? Come on. Also, if he's suck a techie--- how did the punk high school (remember, they were in college "2 days") kids hack it?

Simmons' call the the boat also was laugh-out-loud bad. The walkie talkies worked from Jordan and without and true verification of identity--- PREPARE THE CLASSIFIED SUPER WEAPON you just admitted was real to someone you don't actually know.

Also, Sam's talking about Albert being wrong was the fact that we're only dealing in this dimension. No one ever takes into account the other 17 (or so). I didn't mind that scene, it was just funny that it over takes him in 3 scenes or so... then randomly it completely stops.

I never really got into the cartoons all that much, but did the Decepticons always have rapebots? I really couldn't get over that for the entire movie.

I really enjoyed the first movie, but this one was pretty lame. All of the Autobots seemed useless with the exception of Prime and Bumblebee and the entire story just consisted of running. If the Decepticons can just make new Decepticons why did they need the Allspark in the first place? Couldn't the Fallen dude have built a new starkilling machine (or something similar) in the thousands and thousands of years he spent sitting on his ass?

What a wreck of a movie. Jesus.

Perhaps a dumb question, but why are there 2 of each of the Constructicons? I mean Devastator is eating a pyramid, and then bumblebee is fighting a bulldozer that should be one of his legs or arms.

Dave

Well TF2 gets an official subtitle that was announced a few days ago.
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

Saw the midnight showning last night...and yes it was a very young/hot topic crowd that laughed at all the dumb jokes when I couldn't even fake a smirk if I wanted to. Was gonna take the wifey to see it a second time but I think I need to convince her to pick something else and she can wait for the blu-ray release.

BTW I had a fifth of jager in me so I didn't notice (remember) half of the things you guys are pointing out but it's making me dislike the movie even more now. I do remember how bad some of the CG was especially when megatron sends out the worldwide telecast. I was thinking "I bet the new game has better CGI then what I'm watching right now!"

Oh well, gald they made it rather then stop with the first one and hopefully they learn from their mistakes and release number 3 for the old school fans.

[quote name='SwatiShankar']Well TF2 gets an official subtitle that was announced a few days ago.
signature_Sign.jpg
:)[/QUOTE]
sorry for the double post but....what the hell are you talking about?

Oh yes and I enjoy how the worldwide hunt for Sam lasts for 5 minutes. If they were to cut that out entirely it wouldn't have impacted it at all. Then again I can say that for ALOT of the scenes in the movie.

Also I can't help, but feel very beginning the Autobots were total dicks. As in hunt down Decepticons and kill them with no mercy. It was weird seeing Optimus going for the high rise Dirty Harry shot. That and I'm not use to Bumblebee being a badass at all when compared to the G1 version of him, though I do like him sounding like HELPer from the Venture Bros. when he's not using the radio.

Though Hot Topic HAS to send Michael Bay a big ol thank you card for all the business they're getting from this money.

bread's done
Back