10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw soundwave and thought it would be clearenced out like the other anniversary Transformers they had a while back....I was foolish and didnt buy it....

Any place I can still get a Soundwave? I got an in stock email notice near the end of March from toysrus.com for it but when I went to buy it in early April the listing was gone. :(

have a dumb question but do you guys open the packaging or no? i just got back in to the transformers and bought grimlock,rodimus, and starscream. are they any value to them or its ok to do whatever with them..?

[quote name='integralsmatic']have a dumb question but do you guys open the packaging or no? i just got back in to the transformers and bought grimlock,rodimus, and starscream. are they any value to them or its ok to do whatever with them..?[/QUOTE]

For about 75% of mine I open them. The Soundwave from TRU had such a great package I didn't need to open it.

The new "Classic" toys that I have gotten, I opened. Usually if it's new stuff then I open it, if it's expensive G1 reissue stuff then I keep it closed.

I wish they'd make these available at cheaper prices though... nearly every reissue has a premium price even though the quality is less than you'd expect it to be. I remember my first reissue, Rodiums Prime, for $30. I was salty as hell when I opened him though because it just didn't feel like something worth the money.

After that, I think I only had one other opened TF and that was New Year Prime which I got as part of a trade opened. Takara stuff is so much better.

I think half of the TFs that I've wanted and missed out on are due to me not being able to afford them. I wanted a Ultra Magnus reissue and it's been sitting at our TF shelves for months and it was gone by the time I had the $40.

[quote name='ryosnk']Where do you purchase transformers online? I'm looking for a place that is reliable and free/cheap shipping.

Thanks.[/quote]
tfsource.com
bbts.com
kicks-hobby.com

In that order... All meet the criteria of being reliable and having reasonable shipping.

[quote name='cwalker3']tfsource.com
bbts.com
kicks-hobby.com

In that order... All meet the criteria of being reliable and having reasonable shipping.[/quote]

Can you get the Takara/japanese stuff from them? I am mainly looking for Takara reissues or even originals.

What is the best place online to get (and browse for) all sorts of Japanese robots like Godaikins/Chogokin, Robotech, Transformers?

[quote name='E-Z-B']Give Hasbro your feedback. Things I mentioned: continuing with Reissues, Alternators, what a pain Nemesis Prime was to get, etc. I want to see the Dinobots and Combiners:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys/hasbrocollectors/hasbrocollectors.htm[/QUOTE]

I just wish that between Takara and E-Hobby they'd finish with the G1 cars. How hard would it be to crank out some Wheeljacks, Sunstreaks and Mirages?

I would pay the $ for an original of each with box, but I know the minute I do they'll be re-issued.

If they ever reissue the Dinobots, they will probably be the most popular reissue ever. I'd buy 2 of each, because I know they'd end up being hard to get. They're pretty much everyone's favorites.

For anyone who's interested, you can get a re-issue of Swoop on ebay that looks decent, but I'm pretty sure its not official (probably one of those Chinese rip-offs).

I'd buy reisses of the Dinobots, the rest of the cars, and Jetfire (though last I check, that can't happen due to trademark rights with the Macross line).

BTW, we need to get a 'Post pics of your TF collection" or something. I didn't realize there were so many TF fans here. I love looking collection pictures though I can't post any for a while.

[quote name='optimusprime']I just wish that between Takara and E-Hobby they'd finish with the G1 cars. How hard would it be to crank out some Wheeljacks, Sunstreaks and Mirages?

I would pay the $ for an original of each with box, but I know the minute I do they'll be re-issued.

If they ever reissue the Dinobots, they will probably be the most popular reissue ever. I'd buy 2 of each, because I know they'd end up being hard to get. They're pretty much everyone's favorites.

For anyone who's interested, you can get a re-issue of Swoop on ebay that looks decent, but I'm pretty sure its not official (probably one of those Chinese rip-offs).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the swoop is a KO figure. Looks like you partially get your with though, as there are parts for a KO Mirage floating around, and I beleive I may have seem KO Wheeljack parts as well, though I may be wrong. There is a company that is puting out these KO's at decent quality (though I hear the swoop is pretty fragile, and way overpriced). Ages 3 and Up has some of them, includeing some KO G1 cassettes. The nice thing about these KO's is that they have KO G1 packaging as well, not "Robot Ultra Force" or some such goofy title.

The problem with official molds is that over time, they get lost, stolen, or degrade to the point of no return.

For example, it has been stated that the Car Robots (Robots in Disguise in the States) brothers have been used so many times that the molds are now unusable, so unless they cast new molds (extremely expensive), they won't be able to reissue those down the road any time.

If they don't make new molds for reissues, then they'll have to engineer a brand new toy and create new molds for that instead, thus being even more expensive, so long as Hasbro wants to continue making $$ off TF fanboys.

These were released today, and I just happened to me near a store that had them instock. I have to say, the tiny shoe boxes that they came in really made me happy.

Speaking of knock-offs, a guy at one of my previous consulting gigs had knock-offs of various combiners including a knock-off Devastator that looked pretty damn legit.

I think he said he got them off of eBay. Is it true you can get these knock-offs from eBay, and are they cheap? No way will I pay good money for a knock-off, but I wouldn't mind ordering a few.

Devastator was one of the few combiners I don't have from the originals, but I do have a knock-off Devastator that came out exactly the same time as the original. He is more orangey-red. Looks good, and his drill missile will take an eye out.

I also have an 'original' knock off Omega Supreme, Shockwave, Perceptor, and a few others. But I have most of those in the real TF form as well.

Yeah, i heard about the TF shoes, looking pretty interesting, i might get a pair :)

P.S. anyone got the Masterpiece Megatron yet? I got mines... it's good and bad. The good? It looks damn cool, size-wise, matches the MP Optimus. The bad? Man, 99% plastic! Damn, i used a magnet and only one part it sticks to... Weight-wise, the MP Megatron sucks bad. For a display piece, one bad ass martha forker.

I also got the revoltech Prime, if you can get it for less than $15 shipped, get it, if not, skip it... Man, the pre-production pictures look so cool, but when you try to pose it, it sucks balls! The head and neck area don't look right, but the pics look so cool... Anyhow, the real figure's neck piece sticks out like a metal turtle neck. Last time i checked, Optimus doesn't wear turtle neck...

I hope my revoltech Megatron is not like that....

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Those are funny...how much were they? Are they worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I think the novelty of having Nike shoes that change into transformers make them worth getting. My knowledge of transformer toys is extremely limited, so I have no idea how these compare "grade-wise" to other toys; but I'm happy with them.

They were 2000 yen each, which is about $17.

[quote name='dayglo']These were released today, and I just happened to me near a store that had them instock. I have to say, the tiny shoe boxes that they came in really made me happy.
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I've been eyeing these since they were announced a few months ago, but after ordering my MP-05 Megatron (which STILL hasn't shipped from Ages 3 and Up yet), I couldn't really justify spending too much on shoe Transformers, despite their unrepentent awesomeness. Too bad after importing them they are more like 25 to 35 apiece.

[quote name='karkyco']Speaking of knock-offs, a guy at one of my previous consulting gigs had knock-offs of various combiners including a knock-off Devastator that looked pretty damn legit.

I think he said he got them off of eBay. Is it true you can get these knock-offs from eBay, and are they cheap? No way will I pay good money for a knock-off, but I wouldn't mind ordering a few.

Devastator was one of the few combiners I don't have from the originals, but I do have a knock-off Devastator that came out exactly the same time as the original. He is more orangey-red. Looks good, and his drill missile will take an eye out.

I also have an 'original' knock off Omega Supreme, Shockwave, Perceptor, and a few others. But I have most of those in the real TF form as well.[/QUOTE]

If this is the same one I snagged (and it looks like it is), it's actually surprisingly high quality:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MISB-TRANSFORME...26QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That price is just rediculous though. I got mine for 5 bucks shipped. If you look around, you should find a similar deal, same with Airealbots, Combaticons, most of Menesaur (has a 2 Technobots as replacements), Terrorcons, and even giant versions of the micromaster combiners.

My personal fave KO I got off ebay though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MISB-TRANSFORME...87QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never released in the states combiner. Really, really good imho, especially for G1. Again, I only payed 7 bucks after shipping, so search around, but that exact set is of almost standard quality, and is just a fun figure to have.

I also got a couple KO combiners from the Brave series that are really good too.

[quote name='Zmonkay']If this is the same one I snagged (and it looks like it is), it's actually surprisingly high quality:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MISB-TRANSFORMERS-CHINA-G1-REISSUE-DEVASTATOR-6IN1_W0QQitemZ290108106526QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That price is just rediculous though. I got mine for 5 bucks shipped. If you look around, you should find a similar deal, same with Airealbots, Combaticons, most of Menesaur (has a 2 Technobots as replacements), Terrorcons, and even giant versions of the micromaster combiners.

My personal fave KO I got off ebay though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MISB-TRANSFORMERS-CHINA-G1-REISSUE-RAIDEN-6IN1_W0QQitemZ290108106687QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never released in the states combiner. Really, really good imho, especially for G1. Again, I only payed 7 bucks after shipping, so search around, but that exact set is of almost standard quality, and is just a fun figure to have.

I also got a couple KO combiners from the Brave series that are really good too.[/quote]

The only problem with knock-offs is the variable quality or lack thereof. I've gotten some with the same packaging as I see in your eBay links, and some have been good while others have been just sad.

My dad got me a knock-off Devestator set he got from Big Lots and it was complete crap. Stuff just broke and fell apart. And yet I've gotten a KO Arcee and Mugenbines from Big Lots that were actually pretty good and even somewhat durable. Big Lots also (still) has KO Machine Robo Rescue sets and they're both ends of the spectrum. The small ones are crappy little things, but the large ones are almost as good as the originals. Go figure.

I got a knock-off Landcross set (another combiner set not released here) and it was...okay. Not utter crap, but not great either. It gave me an idea of what it would have been like at a fraction of the cost. That's something, I suppose.

I got a knock-off Brave combiner set and it was actually really good and sturdy. I also got a KO GaoGaiGar set -- the combiners that split down the middle -- which was so cuuuuuute because it was about half the size of the original.

lol, I too have that GaoGaiGar split set (I forgot about it till you mentioned it). I think we're talking about the same Brave set too (construction vehicles, I think the official name was Build Tiger, or something like that). I saw a KO Road Caesar at a Walgreens a few years ago. So cheap, it was actually broken INSIDE the packaging. Didn't even bother to pick it up.

I would kill for a KO of actual GaoGaiGar.

I just don't have 100+ (generally closer to 200) bucks to drop on the actual item:
http://www.betatoys.com/catalog/gaogaigar.jpg

EDIT: Here are some KO's I've never seen before (Prices after shipping are prolly too high, but interesting anyways. It also looks like the seller has what I am pretty sure are the KO cassettes)

KO Doubledealer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget
(Even comes with both target master minibots. I have the original, and it looks like a true to the original in both color and content_

KO LeoKaiser (aka, liokaiser):
http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Transformers...1506033QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36568QQcmdZViewItem
(I can't tell if it has the breastmaster parts or not. I may bite on this, as I haven't seen a KO leokaiser in quite a while)

KO combiner...thing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Transformers...00426177QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4696QQcmdZViewItem
(I fell I should recognize this. Anyone know what it's a KO from?)

and my personal fav. out of this batch:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-3-...1506562QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36568QQcmdZViewItem
(A KO from SUPER HUMAN SAMURAI CYBER SQUAD. I still have the original burried away somewhere. I loved this and the dragon/jet mech when I was a kid)

[quote name='Zmonkay']lol, I too have that GaoGaiGar split set (I forgot about it till you mentioned it). I think we're talking about the same Brave set too (construction vehicles, I think the official name was Build Tiger, or something like that). [/quote]
Yeah, that's it. A good set for a KO. I couldn't recall the name.

Did you read the instructions? I saved them. They were hilarious. Some of the funniest chinglish I've ever seen.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
KO Doubledealer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130099759084&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=130042051483&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget
(Even comes with both target master minibots. I have the original, and it looks like a true to the original in both color and content_[/quote]
That does look pretty good. I have the original too. That one I would
worry about sturdiness and tolerances. Doubledealer was really stiff for some parts of his transformation, and the ways the engines worked would have to be carefully done.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
KO combiner...thing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Transformers-Micromaster-Tool-Diaclone-Microman-NY_W0QQitemZ130100426177QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4696QQcmdZViewItem
(I fell I should recognize this. Anyone know what it's a KO from?)
[/quote]
Oh, I've seen that before! I think I've seen it at Asian markets. I almost bought it because I thought it was funny, but it didn't seem terribly involved.

Target -- at least some Targets -- is now clearancing Transformers Classics.

Today, at the Irvine Spectrum Target, I saw:

Voyager class Optimus Prime : 13.98
Optimus vs. Megatron 2 pack: 13.98
Deluxes : 6.95
Basics : 4.95

I picked up Ramjet and may pick up Cliffjumper if he hits $5 and the basics if they go a little lower.

However, I was at a second Target (Aliso Viejo) and none of the Classics were on clearance. The Cybertron transformers were, but not Classics.

This second Target did have Cybertron Downshift, which is a great car.

[quote name='blandstalker']Target -- at least some Targets -- is now clearancing Transformers Classics.[/QUOTE]I was in three SuperTargets today, all three had the Classics on clearance. Did Target ever carry Megatron or Jetfire? I don't recall, and couldn't find them either in store or by using the inventory search tool. (I'm not in a rush to get either, since they are pretty much readily available at MSRP elsewhere, but I'll bite on a clearance any day.)

I did pick up Mirage, though, since I was lazy about picking him up when he released.

R.E.V.s are on clearance, too. My youngest son showed some vague interest in them, so he'll get one for his birthday next week.

[quote name='blandstalker']This second Target did have Cybertron Downshift, which is a great car.[/QUOTE]Agreed.

LOL I actually still have a bag full of the Transformers(original 80's ones) from when I was a kid. I have all the Constructicons, Rodimus Prime and a bunch more. I think I even have Jetfire/Starfire(he was the HUGE Autobot jet, right?).

I also have Perceptor......and well, I forget which other ones I have.

Worst experience as a kid though, was when my dad got me a knock off of the ummmm huge moon base Transformer. :whistle2:X

[quote name='kojubat']I was in three SuperTargets today, all three had the Classics on clearance. Did Target ever carry Megatron or Jetfire? I don't recall, and couldn't find them either in store or by using the inventory search tool. (I'm not in a rush to get either, since they are pretty much readily available at MSRP elsewhere, but I'll bite on a clearance any day.)[/quote]

One of the Targets local to me had Jetfire as of about a month ago. And they did have Megatron too at one point, though I haven't seen it lately.

just at target today, saw the new tf movie preview figs ....din't get them tho.....still new, so opted for the clearance classics instead

Anyone able to find the Walmart Exclusive Alternator Ravage (Jaguar XK) and Rumble (Honda Civic Si)?

They've been out for a while now, yet the stores near me have NOTHING. Anyone want to hook a fellow CAG up?

I didn't know those were being sold at Walmart. I didn't think any retail outlets were carrying them. I'll have to keep my eyes out. If Walmart is selling them, you should be able to find them at some point (they tend to buy things in massive bulk).

[quote name='optimusprime']I didn't know those were being sold at Walmart. I didn't think any retail outlets were carrying them. I'll have to keep my eyes out. If Walmart is selling them, you should be able to find them at some point (they tend to buy things in massive bulk).[/quote]

I've been checking my closest Wal-Mart for a month now. No dice. They don't have the Constructicons either.

There's another Wal-Mart near that I should really check, but I hate going just for that, especially if its a wasted trip.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone able to find the Walmart Exclusive Alternator Ravage (Jaguar XK) and Rumble (Honda Civic Si)?

They've been out for a while now, yet the stores near me have NOTHING. Anyone want to hook a fellow CAG up?[/quote]

Wow how did I miss that...I'll have to check my local Walmart...I hate Walmarts though...

[quote name='blandstalker']I've been checking my closest Wal-Mart for a month now. No dice. They don't have the Constructicons either.

There's another Wal-Mart near that I should really check, but I hate going just for that, especially if its a wasted trip.[/quote]

there is a massive over stock of about 40 devastators and about 15 or so prime/megatron w/ minicon set at my local wal mart. plus they just got in the protoform prime and starscream (im still iffy about that design)

and just a side note, my little boy just won a 2-sided poster from lunchables.com/maxedout you have to be under 17 to enter. you get to try once a day. i thought this was pretty cool.

sorry, one more thing... seibertron.com is a pretty cool site for TF info and news, plus they have lots of links to TF toys and collectibles. thanks for reading

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone able to find the Walmart Exclusive Alternator Ravage (Jaguar XK) and Rumble (Honda Civic Si)?

They've been out for a while now, yet the stores near me have NOTHING. Anyone want to hook a fellow CAG up?[/QUOTE]

I picked up both of them last week. They didn't have any more unfortunately.

No Constructicons yet either.

I thought the Ravage figure looked bad from online, but it's spectacular :D

Rumble's pretty good too.. easy transformations this time around.. not like that stupid Shockwave I got last year :D

Just googled Rumble...might have to find him as well:

2006-04-22_102941_0065356914883_500X500.jpg

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']They're a repaint of one of the Energon combiners.[/quote]

The energon combiners suck balls, i was very excited back then, but when i actually got them all, man, they don't look good at all... The construction is poor, and the reuse of arms and legs is a huge turn off. No thanks for the repaint, unless they're super cheap.

I finally got my Revoltech Megatron. This figure is one to get! It looks 5x better than the Optimus Prime figure. Just pop on the evil grin head and viola, instant cool displaying piece. It worth $20 in my book.

the head still look kinda funny, but it's not that bad. It doesn't have the turtle neck problem like Prime does (perhaps because the neck piece is the same color as the body).

I recently purchased the "new" constructicons and one leg keeps falling off. and devastator's head is nearly atop his shoulder. wtf. the picture shows his head right above the center of his chest, but mine is jammed into the bulldozer scoop on his left shoulder. did anyone else have these problems?

[quote name='Serpentor']The energon combiners suck balls, i was very excited back then, but when i actually got them all, man, they don't look good at all... The construction is poor, and the reuse of arms and legs is a huge turn off. No thanks for the repaint, unless they're super cheap.[/quote]

Um, they're really not that bad...however, they're also really nothing like the original Constructicons. So it depends what you expect to get out of them.

The original Devestator held together pretty well, but it didn't articulate well at all. Legs didn't move, Bonecrusher's arm was good but Hook's would fall out. Most of the original Constructicons themselves were little unmovable bricks. And I say that with fondness -- Bonecrusher was my first Transformer ever and I still think he's cool. But Mixmaster? Um..yeah.

This new Devestator does articulate and holds together reasonably well. Not as securely as the original, but better than the standard 5-combiners after Devestator (Superion, Menasor, etc.) And the small robots articulate and transform well, too. It's a trade off.

I think it gets points for not having to attach a separate head and the accessories are reasonable looking. Still a bit silly, of course, but no sillier than a spring loaded purple missile launcher with a hand coming out of it.

The Wal-Mart set is...okay. I don't intend on buying it because 1) I got the figures during Energon and 2) I thought the recolor was a little misguided -- the whole point would be releasing something that really looks like the original Devestator, and you can actually do better with the Energon toys or last year's Target rerelase of the RiD Constructicons.

[quote name='dragonhunter']I recently purchased the "new" constructicons and one leg keeps falling off. and devastator's head is nearly atop his shoulder. wtf. the picture shows his head right above the center of his chest, but mine is jammed into the bulldozer scoop on his left shoulder. did anyone else have these problems?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I spoke too soon, yesterday they had everything in stock again :D

And yeah, I had similar problems.. they should have had the main char. in vehicle mode.. it'd make transformations easier while reading the instructions.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']is $190 worth Optimus Prime G1 Masterpiece mp-04? brand is Takara NOT hasbro[/quote]

Nah... get it for $160 and that would be nice. I got the MP Prime Hasbro one for $50, good enough for me. The trailer is really up to you....

bread's done
Back