• Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasbro will also have Transformer Movie toys for collectors:

hasbro-20070210030454193.jpg

hasbro-20070210030507083.jpg

Yeah but you should realize that one is the $90 masterpiece Bumblebee figure. The others may not look as good.

God, I wish they would make a cell shaded TF game based on G1. Hell, base it on the cartoon episodes, or the events of the original animated movie. That would be freaking awesome.

You could do the "chicken" head on duel between Optimus and MotorMaster, or that scene in the movie where Optimus just comes to the rescue by just mauling all the Decepticons attacking Autobot city...now that would be bad ass.

I don't have high hopes for the new game, but who knows? I played one of the TF games on the Playstation, I think it was a Beast Wars game. Boy did that one suck. But I am worried it is going to be like every other movie adaptation. Hell, it could be as bad as Independence Day, the game.

[quote name='richieyoo']I just saw a bunch on the shelf in the times square toys r us.[/quote]

Which, the Soundwave figures or the movie figures?

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah but you should realize that one is the $90 masterpiece Bumblebee figure. The others may not look as good.

God, I wish they would make a cell shaded TF game based on G1. Hell, base it on the cartoon episodes, or the events of the original animated movie. That would be freaking awesome.

You could do the "chicken" head on duel between Optimus and MotorMaster, or that scene in the movie where Optimus just comes to the rescue by just mauling all the Decepticons attacking Autobot city...now that would be bad ass.

I don't have high hopes for the new game, but who knows? I played one of the TF games on the Playstation, I think it was a Beast Wars game. Boy did that one suck. But I am worried it is going to be like every other movie adaptation. Hell, it could be as bad as Independence Day, the game.[/quote]

Does anybody remember the old Doom Transformers wad files?

We received 4 of TRU Exclusive Soundwave at the TRU that I work at. They were on the truck we got last Friday. ToyRUS may be sending them to stores now?

I'm really considering pick up another one...

Man, I'm looking at some of the Cybertron series toys I want a few of them. I'm thinking about picking up the big guys like Prime, Metroplex, and a few others. But the prices are so damn high, $30-40 each.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm really considering pick up another one...

Man, I'm looking at some of the Cybertron series toys I want a few of them. I'm thinking about picking up the big guys like Prime, Metroplex, and a few others. But the prices are so damn high, $30-40 each.[/QUOTE]

Most of Cybertron's best toys are in the Basic and Deluxe prince range. Shortround, Armorhide, and Scrapmetal will all run you about $7 each.

any cheapass deals on cybertron primus? I got an Armada Unicron and an Energon Omega Supreme for around $13.00 each at Target and Walmart repectively. I was hoping this was a pattern that would continue on with the Supreme category. Although it did not happen with supreme starscream. If you can find a Cybertron Starscream at TRU they are $24.99.

Seriously, Cybertron has been over for months and I haven't seen a Primus in store for quite some time. I just got mine off eBay, $24 shipped is a damn good deal.

[quote name='unicron129']any cheapass deals on cybertron primus? I got an Armada Unicron and an Energon Omega Supreme for around $13.00 each at Target and Walmart repectively. I was hoping this was a pattern that would continue on with the Supreme category. Although it did not happen with supreme starscream. If you can find a Cybertron Starscream at TRU they are $24.99.[/quote]

You missed it. I picked up Primus for $12 and change when Target's holiday clearance hit 75% off.

You might find Primus at Wal-Mart. They had a ton, and the last price I saw for them was $25. Some of the Wal-Mart Primus come with bonus minicons, too.

Starscream was clearanced at Target too, but I never picked him up.

One of the best Cybertron figures is Downshift (green muscle car) at the $10 price point.

I believe some of the others are about to be rereleased and recolored as Legends. I'm looking forward to Evac recolored as Whirl. I guess I'm a sucker for certain names/color schemes.

Is Primus just a Armada Unicron repaint? I have one of those, never opened it since I hated Armada toys. But I figured that maybe he'll be worth a few bucks some day. Current eBay prices show a MSRP return at the least, so that's a good sign.

Dammit, now you guys have got me buying more TFs... I'll never pay off my credit cards.:lol:

Nope, Primus is 100x better than Unicron in every way. His planet mode actually looks like a planet and not a robot with his head up his ass. Oh and Vinny, i've got TFs for sale in my sale thread :p.

Yeah, I actually saw that thread but figured that I don't have time to play with TFs anymore so I'd rather get them new.

I'm planning on buying Cybertron Primus, Prime, Metroplex, and Megatron. I'm also going to get Classic Prime vs. Megs, Ultra Magnus vs. Skywrap as well as stand alone Prime and Megs. It'll end up being mighty expensive (probably $200) unless I can find them on clearance somewhere but I haven't bought many TFs in recent years (I bought 4 in the past 2 years I think). I wish I could luck out on them like I did once with Energon Prime and Megs, picked up both for $45 at TRU.

What line was that had Omega Supreme? I could've sworn he was in one of the newer lines.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I actually saw that thread but figured that I don't have time to play with TFs anymore so I'd rather get them new.

I'm planning on buying Cybertron Primus, Prime, Metroplex, and Megatron. I'm also going to get Classic Prime vs. Megs, Ultra Magnus vs. Skywrap as well as stand alone Prime and Megs. It'll end up being mighty expensive (probably $200) unless I can find them on clearance somewhere but I haven't bought many TFs in recent years (I bought 4 in the past 2 years I think). I wish I could luck out on them like I did once with Energon Prime and Megs, picked up both for $45 at TRU.

What line was that had Omega Supreme? I could've sworn he was in one of the newer lines.[/QUOTE]

Energon, and it was (imho) shit. 'bot mode is pretty decent, but train mode is a pos, and the transformation couldn't be simpler if they tried (to clarify, main reason I even buy TF's is because they are like little puzzle boxes and I love the engineering that went into them. The more complicated the higher I like, and as such some of the figures from Robots in Disguise, ie Car Robots in Japan, are imho the best in recent years)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Energon, and it was (imho) shit. 'bot mode is pretty decent, but train mode is a pos, and the transformation couldn't be simpler if they tried (to clarify, main reason I even buy TF's is because they are like little puzzle boxes and I love the engineering that went into them. The more complicated the higher I like, and as such some of the figures from Robots in Disguise, ie Car Robots in Japan, are imho the best in recent years)[/quote]

I mostly agree with this.

I'd say it's better than shit, but it was disappointing. The vehicle modes are just kind of ad hoc -- it's a weird vehicle sort of thing. It's hard to even tell when the vehicle is done.

The nicest thing I can say about it is that it has an interesting transformation. It's simple, but very few Transformers split down the middle like that. Unfortunately, transforming it isn't very interesting because the vehicle modes are so lame.

If you don't have Omega Supreme/Sentinel, I would not feel bad about it.

I totally agree with you about Robots in Disguise. That line did not get a lot of love, and I thought it was amazing.

[quote name='Vinny']Y
I'm planning on buying Cybertron Primus, Prime, Metroplex, and Megatron. I'm also going to get Classic Prime vs. Megs, Ultra Magnus vs. Skywrap as well as stand alone Prime and Megs. It'll end up being mighty expensive (probably $200) unless I can find them on clearance somewhere but I haven't bought many TFs in recent years (I bought 4 in the past 2 years I think). I wish I could luck out on them like I did once with Energon Prime and Megs, picked up both for $45 at TRU. [/quote]

You might want to wait a bit, then -- there are more than a few Cybertron Primes still out there. The really good prices on Energon came at the very end, when the stores were ready to clear them out.

Some other things you might want to consider:

I would look for Cybertron Galvatron instead of Megatron. Better color scheme, but then I hate orange. Galvatron is all silver and grey and black but is otherwise identical to Megatron. I wish I had bought Galvatron instead.

Costco had a package with Cybertron Prime and Wing Saber together for about $36. They don't have it any more, but you might find one for sale on the secondary market.

Wing Saber combines with Prime, and Leobreaker/Nemesis Breaker combine with Prime or Megatron/Galvatron. Wing Saber is totally worth it and the combination with Prime is neat. Leobreaker or Nemesis Breaker are all right, but nothing special by themselves. It depends if you like combination (a big plus for me) or not. Leobreaker is set to be rereleased as part of the Legends line.

You really should pick up Metroplex ASAP. He's huge, poseable, and has about 290 "fan-modes".

Right now i've got mine in Robot Mode linked up with over 20 mini-cons : D.

"Hello,
Thank you for ordering from BigBadToyStore.com!
Your preorder item(s) have arrived and we have processed your order.
Your order summary is listed below:"

More than I wanted to spend, but I'll be getting my Soundwave finally.

Have a nice day.

[quote name='Melhavic']Finally Got mine yesterday....This figure is AWSOME!!! I'll post pic later tonight.[/quote]

And here it is.......

soundwavewz6.jpg

[quote name='richieyoo']the soundwave figures[/quote]

GAH! Can't find it anywhere in LA. And every time I check the site, it is still "not available online at this time".

Thanks a LOT, TRU - 3 cancelled order attempts. I may just have to send my sister to the Times Square TRU to pick one up.

I called TRU and Hasbro about the lack of availability of this item.

TRU said they have an order in place for more. Hasbro told me they are still making them, and has not been discontinued.

However, my TRU is almost bare of any TFs now, presumably to make room for the movie TFs.

So I'm still not sure if my TRU will get any in.

My next TF purchase: Revoltech Optimus Prime and I'll preorder the Revoltech Megatron.

I don't care that they can't transform, I'm an Optimus freak. And I'll throw Megs in for good measure.

Hasbro.com is having a sale on certain Transformers.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=100&BR=496

Highlights of the sale:

Metroplex $24.99
Alternators (Sunstreaker, Rollbar, and Skids) $13.99
Primus $34.99
Supreme Starscream $34.99
Galaxy Force Vector Prime $9.99

If you get Metroplex only, shipping is terrible -- $6 and change. However, ordering other things increases shipping by only a little bit. I got Metroplex, Sunstreaker, and Quickmix for a little over $8 shipping for all three.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']New Transformer Heroes toys coming soon:
[/quote]

So what is the deal with these? In January (I think) I saw a person with a bunch of the then new Marvel ones. She was balancing several armfuls. They're cute, I spose, but I was wondering what was so special.

Are they hard to find or highly collectible? I don't really care (OMG! Teh rarez!!11!) but I am curious.

[quote name='blandstalker']So what is the deal with these? In January (I think) I saw a person with a bunch of the then new Marvel ones. She was balancing several armfuls. They're cute, I spose, but I was wondering what was so special.

Are they hard to find or highly collectible? I don't really care (OMG! Teh rarez!!11!) but I am curious.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are rare. It's just another line of kids toys. I have a full set of Star Wars bounty hunters Galatic Heros on my desk. And these transformers versions look very cool. I wasn't really impressed by the Marvel ones but these look cool.

Someone in another thread asked for import stores, and I went to check that an old store I used was still there. They are, and they have something cool in stock.

Gallion -- it's a pirate ship that transforms into a dragon warrior:
littlethingsmeanalot_1932_73491225

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/tak07329.html

This is one of my favorite transformers. It's part of the Web Diver line, so it's not an official Transformer, but it is made by Takara. Looks small in the picture, but the dragon is 10 inches tall.

This guy violates a lot of rules I have about Transformers -- you can clearly see the head in vehicle mode, a big part of the vehicle snaps off to become a shield -- but the thing is so awesome that I don't care. The pirate ship and dragon warrior modes are just great, and there are so many wonderful details -- the cannons move, the tail of the ship joins the mast and hides a sword and the sail becomes a cape, the skull molded into the chest has an eyepatch, as does the dragon head, and the dragon eye and skull eyepatch light up.

Used to be pretty hard to find and is one of the jewels of my TF collection.
$24.99 plus $6 shipping. Totally worth it.

[quote name='blandstalker']So what is the deal with these? In January (I think) I saw a person with a bunch of the then new Marvel ones. She was balancing several armfuls. They're cute, I spose, but I was wondering what was so special.

Are they hard to find or highly collectible? I don't really care (OMG! Teh rarez!!11!) but I am curious.[/quote]

Not rare, just different. They are pretty cool, I have some Star Wars, Marvel and will definately get the Transformers ones.

I hate bumping old threads, but does anyone know where I can get the rest of the Cassetticons? I need to complete this collection, Takura or otherwise, I just need the Cassetticons.

Just curious but what do you guys do with your Transformers? They are really cool and everything but at the end of the day are you really going to play with them? Seems like a waste of money...

[quote name='javeryh']Just curious but what do you guys do with your Transformers? They are really cool and everything but at the end of the day are you really going to play with them? Seems like a waste of money...[/QUOTE]

I played with them up until college, when I didn't have time to play with them.:p

But now, they're mostly sitting in boxes or being displayed... in hopes that they're worth something some day.

[quote name='javeryh']Just curious but what do you guys do with your Transformers? They are really cool and everything but at the end of the day are you really going to play with them? Seems like a waste of money...[/quote]

Define "play".

Do I stage little robot battles and reenact TV episodes? No.

Do I transform them? Yeah. Back and forth. One of the things I find interesting about them is that they are 2 (or more) toys in one, and once you've put it in one mode, it kind of begs you to go back to the other.

I look at them as little 3D puzzles (I rarely if ever read the instructions) or marvels of engineering. I have a little display area, and when it fills up, I box them up and put them in the attic.

My son (7) will sometimes play with them. He generally likes them better as vehicles than as robots.

I simply...like them. Besides videogames, I really don't have anything I collect or expensive habits to maintain. I don't look at it as much different than trading cards, or action figures, or cars or models or other things that others collect.

I have, lately, wondered when it will be enough. I really don't go for re-issues or buying things I had years ago because I already experienced that and don't get anything new out of it. And, while I'm very fond of where the line has gone recently, how many Starscreams and Rodiumuses and Primes do I need, anyway?

[quote name='blandstalker']Define "play".

Do I stage little robot battles and reenact TV episodes? No.

Do I transform them? Yeah. Back and forth. One of the things I find interesting about them is that they are 2 (or more) toys in one, and once you've put it in one mode, it kind of begs you to go back to the other.

I look at them as little 3D puzzles (I rarely if ever read the instructions) or marvels of engineering. I have a little display area, and when it fills up, I box them up and put them in the attic.

My son (7) will sometimes play with them. He generally likes them better as vehicles than as robots.

I simply...like them. Besides videogames, I really don't have anything I collect or expensive habits to maintain. I don't look at it as much different than trading cards, or action figures, or cars or models or other things that others collect.

I have, lately, wondered when it will be enough. I really don't go for re-issues or buying things I had years ago because I already experienced that and don't get anything new out of it. And, while I'm very fond of where the line has gone recently, how many Starscreams and Rodiumuses and Primes do I need, anyway?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm an engineer, and to me, it's all about marveling at the engineering going into making a toy that can be a robot, and a few twists and turns later is a dinosaur/car.

I also do not use the instructions, as ever since I was a kid I preferred the puzzle solving aspect (why RID/Car Robots is a fave line, for their insane puzzle box figures). I do however look at manuals after I figure it out, because I will occasionally not notice something (like a peg that can be connected to add stability, etc).

[quote name='javeryh']Just curious but what do you guys do with your Transformers? They are really cool and everything but at the end of the day are you really going to play with them? Seems like a waste of money...[/QUOTE]

No I don't play with them, if I open it then I transform it a few times then put it on my shelf with the rest of my "Flair". I get them because they look cool as fuck.

Also having a shelf of transformers is manly as hell, it screams to a woman that you don't care what the hell they think, your not getting rid of your toys.

I hate you...

I've been wanting a Megatron (and Shockwave and Jetfire) for the longest time but could never get myself to put down so much money on what was... ultimately, a $20 piece of plastic.

Maybe if I actually get a job one of these days I'll buy one.

[quote name='Roufuss']So it's pretty much impossible to get Soundwave now, isn't it?

I finally got the money and the shit has disappeared :([/quote]

Yup. I bought 2 at a slightly inflated price off a guy on craigslist who was selling 20 of them. They are beautiful.

Now I know where all the ones in SoCal went. But he was cool and pretty much can get anything/everything Takara related as well as other Japanese imports, so it's good to have that connection.

There are a few shops in LA though that have such items, but it's been a while since I searched them out.

Holy sheet-o, Linkin Prime. That is freaking AWESOME. I mean, like unreal in its awesomeness.

Absolutely gorgeous. I think I will have to get one of those, to go with my original Robotech Veritech fighters (large size) and complete Jetfire. I have an original Rick Hunter and a Roy Fokker/Skull Leader full size Veritech (the Jetfire sized ones with the diecast wheel wells and other pieces). And a bunch of smaller ones including a tiny blue one (Max's Veritech).

I think I have a couple of the medium ones (7 inches tall or so), the 3 'large' size ones, and probably 5 or 6 small ones (4 inches or so, all plastic). Plus a ton of RDF robots, a 'large' SDF-1 and a medium sized one, and a ton more cool as robots from the late 70's - 80's including about 75% of all the G1 Transformers. Damn, I wish I had them all. And I wish I had kept the boxes for them and knew where I stored the paperwork. Ah well. And I still have a bunch of Godaikins, including a couple with boxes and pretty much complete (Sun Vulcan and a Daltalius I think his name is...the guy with the big lion head for a torso, NOT Voltron though I have all three of those as well).

I sold a bunch of my less favorite robots including a bunch of die cast Japanese robots and Chinese/Asian knockoffs from the 80's on ebay a while back. Couldn't believe what I got for some of them. I decided to keep most, but maybe I will give them another look and part with a few more.

bread's done
Back