10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E-Z-B']I saw Grimlock AND Jetfire at TRU in Cherry Hill, NJ today.[/quote]

cherry hill.. dam thats far (im in North Jersey. I'll check around the TRUs tomorrow hopefully there was a new shipment.

I found in the endcaps at the toy section in walmart original G1 molds of bumblebee, cliffjumper, brawn, and windcharger. They just had a little loop on them that attached to a keychain. At $3 a piece, I couldn't resist!

I have yet to see a Classic Grimlock at a store. I've seen the new red recolored bumble bee and the repainted white starscream at Target today. But still no grimlocks.

[quote name='KingDox']I have yet to see a Classic Grimlock at a store. I've seen the new red recolored bumble bee and the repainted white starscream at Target today. But still no grimlocks.[/quote]

must be a regional thing. snagged a jetfire at target yesterday but no grimlocks or anything else. i see a TON of bumblebees.

[quote name='crewj']this thing is out of stock faster than they can get them in! wow... there's a nice demand for these![/QUOTE]

And the prices on eBay are fairly ridiculous... looks like the scalpers have been doing their job in all of this.

[quote name='kdunn77']Cheapest shipping option is $31. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was ready to order this until I saw the shipping.:whistle2:( For that much, I might as well pay the extra $1 to get it from BBTS, which would pretty much bypass any customs crap and probably get here faster.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I found in the endcaps at the toy section in walmart original G1 molds of bumblebee, cliffjumper, brawn, and windcharger. They just had a little loop on them that attached to a keychain. At $3 a piece, I couldn't resist![/QUOTE]

Ah, so the keychains got re-released? Didn't realise that. I ordered them about 5 or 6 years ago from BBTS. Nice little figures, especially if you don't have the originals.

For those CAGs in the 10954 area, the local TRU has one Jetfire left in stock and the Target has Grimlock and Target Exclusive 2Pack in stock.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I found in the endcaps at the toy section in walmart original G1 molds of bumblebee, cliffjumper, brawn, and windcharger. They just had a little loop on them that attached to a keychain. At $3 a piece, I couldn't resist![/quote]

I got a whole box of those, but the Japanese versions. Came out a couple of years ago. Got them at the Tokyo Toys store in NYC. But they were boxed and you had to pick and get a "surprise" one, with a chance of getting a special limited edition version of Bumblebee.

[quote name='Vergeofinsanity']must be a regional thing. snagged a jetfire at target yesterday but no grimlocks or anything else. i see a TON of bumblebees.[/quote]

This is the new Jetfire, right? It doesn't look like the original, but it still looks pretty damn good...

phew, finally got my Soundwave ordered, after I cancelled with BBTS so I could get the GCO discount, like 10 minutes later they were sold out on TRU.com, I've been refreshing that page for the past week, thanks CAGs.

Have a nice day.

[quote name='karkyco']This is the new Jetfire, right? It doesn't look like the original, but it still looks pretty damn good...[/quote]

Yeah, doesnt look exactly like the G1 but still impressive in robot mode. And here I thought I was going to be saving money after the holidays @_@.

This Jetfire was made by Hasbro, so there wont be any copyright situations keeping him from being reissued 20 years later :).

He's probably the weakest Classics Voyager so far, but is still a worthy buy for $20. I just can't stand his feet and his backpack makes him fall over pretty easily. But he has an optional helmet and is packed to the brim with firepower.

[quote name='zerowing']phew, finally got my Soundwave ordered, after I cancelled with BBTS so I could get the GCO discount, like 10 minutes later they were sold out on TRU.com, I've been refreshing that page for the past week, thanks CAGs.

Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck. My order was cancelled twice in the past few days. I now have a 3rd order as we speak, which will likely get cancelled tomorrow. Then, you'll lose out on that $10 GCO deal. I swear, I've had more stuff cancelled from TRU.com than shipped. Their website to inventory setup is horrible.

eww that doesn't Sound(wave) good, we'll see what happens then I guess. The online is suprisingly bad, having worked at TRU, the inventory policies were very strict, looks like someone needs to get a jump on whats going on there.

Have a nice day.

Whelp, guess what? My 3rd order was cancelled just now. What the hell are those guys doing over there?

[quote name='E-Z-B']Yeah, good luck. My order was cancelled twice in the past few days. I now have a 3rd order as we speak, which will likely get cancelled tomorrow. Then, you'll lose out on that $10 GCO deal. I swear, I've had more stuff cancelled from TRU.com than shipped. Their website to inventory setup is horrible.[/quote]

MY ORDER WAS JUST CANCELLED!!!:bomb: :bomb: :hot:

What the hell, Toys R Us??? This is nonsense...I checked on their site and got the following message:

Cancelled on 02 / 06 / 07 due to missing or invalid order information

An error occurred during the order authorization process. Your order was suspended while we first tried to reach you for verification, and has now been cancelled. Please note: Once an order is cancelled it cannot be processed and the order must be placed again on our website in order to proceed.

They sent me a bullshit email stating:

Dear ,
Thank you for your recent purchase from Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us!
We would like to let you know that some or all of the items from your order XXXXXXX2-001 are unavailable at this time, and we have cancelled from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The following item(s) have been cancelled, and you will not be charged for them:
Item Name: TRANSFORMER G1 SOUNDWAVE
Model/Article: 7F88CA11 One Color
Quantity: 1 @ $ 29.99
You can check the status of the remainder of your order at the My Account section of our website, where you can also:
- Track all your orders
- Change your password
- Manage your account
- Do much more!
Please allow up to one hour for your order information to be updated in our systems.
If you have any further questions concerning shipping, order status, payment or other website policies, visit the Help area of our website at
http://www.Toysrus.com/help.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are continually expanding our selection to serve you better, so be sure to visit us often for new items and the latest promotions.
Sincerely,
The Customer Service Team
Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us

Yeah, and their "Help" page isn't any help at all. I'll have to call them later this week and ask them what the fucck they're doing.

I just reordered it after speaking with a Customer Service Rep from TRU (after going through their lame phone system).

He told me that sometimes, the item is listed in stock, and when they go to pull it, it is OOS in the warehouse. So he is sending an urgent message to the warehouse manager to check the inventory there (as it was apparently OOS this morning when they went to pull it AND on the site) but back in stock now.

I just took another chance and used another email to get the $10 GCO discount and order it again...can't wait to see it canceled tonight!

FYI...my sis ordered me the Megatron Masterpiece figure from the site that confirms it won't have the bogus yellow tip. If I can just get this Soundwave figure...I will be in heaven.

I bought the Megatron Reissue #6 (Dreamwave packaging) a few years ago from an online retailer, and it didn't have any alterations. I think it was AnimeDavesWorld.org or something like that. Are they reissuing the reissue #6 now?

My Soundwave came last week too. It is pretty sweet, I've been wanting one for a long time. I never had him as a kid back in the '80s.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

They cancelled mine, but as soon as I checked it was back in stock, so I ordered again, but I can't keep doing this, TRU better get their act together because I'd rather not go through eBay. I also didn't waste time with another email and just paid the extra $10, maybe GCO is the problem for cancellations? Because it takes extra time to submit the order (just a thought)? And yeah thanks for that little tid bit there karkyco, now if I can find a MP Megatron without the orange tip for under $100.

Have a nice day.

By now, I'd think it would be safer to just PO it on BBTS before they sell out. It's $20 more but they're probably a lot more reliable than Shits R Us.

Wow, cancelled again, yet they put it back in stock, this is stupid, if I ordered and you put it back, why don't you give prioity to me? I'm gonna have to get in touch with them.

Have a nice day.

I didn't know this thread existed but its nice to see CAG's who are into transformers. I had no idea they finally did an american re-issue for soundwave. I prefer originals though. So does anyone have an original soundwave ft/fs? Also, does anyone here know if MP- 05 megatron is going to have a U.S. realease or if its already out?

[quote name='unicron129']Also, does anyone here know if MP- 05 megatron is going to have a U.S. realease or if its already out?[/QUOTE]

I would be shocked to see MP-05 make an official US release due to the fact that it looks like a real gun. Even an orange tip wouldn't get Hasbro to touch it with a 10 foot pole. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

[quote name='oxidative']I would be shocked to see MP-05 make an official US release due to the fact that it looks like a real gun. Even an orange tip wouldn't get Hasbro to touch it with a 10 foot pole. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

And to further add, Masterpiece Starscream never appeared in the US...

[quote name='pscloud']And to further add, Masterpiece Starscream never appeared in the US...[/QUOTE]

Though Archer (I think it was him) said they may consider it, and if it did, there is a 90% chance of it being anime colors (instead of the "realistic" greenish colors)

Well I kind of like the anime colors better. I don't know if I would drop around 100 bills on a starscream though. Megatron? maybe.:lol:

Optimus Prime Movie figure:

Transformers_opener.jpg

Transformers_BG.jpg

OptimusPrimeVehicle.jpg

Interview with Hasbro here: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003382592.cfm

They will also be making an "Unleashed" line:

3947145ccb151327f7.jpg

Hasbro also has this press release:

The TRANSFORMERS 2007 line includes the following:

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE
(Approximate Retail Price: $89.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Fall 2007)
Fans of TRANSFORMERS will love seeing BUMBLEBEE come to life on the big screen and this fall, they can experience the ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE action figure, which is among the most realistic and technical TRANSFORMERS toys ever. The impressively styled Chevrolet Camaro Concept car changes into the beloved AUTOBOTS character, which stands an imposing 14 inches tall. BUMBLEE will “come to life” with robot animatronics action in both car and robot modes. Working headlights, battle sounds, and music, including Devo’s “Whip It”, all add to the interactive experience.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DELUXE and VOYAGER assortments
(Approximate Retail Price: $9.99 - $19.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)
The fun and excitement of 2007’s live-action film is placed in kids’ hands with the all-new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE action figures. Not only do the figures feature the authentic TRANSFORMERS action that enables all figures to change from vehicle mode to robot mode, but they also feature new “Automorph Technology” that will allow some parts to “automatically” move. Each figure also includes other action features like firing projectiles. Movie-styled figures in the Deluxe and Voyager scales include: OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, SCORPONOCK™, BARRICADE™, AUTOBOT JAZZ and BUMBLEBEE™.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE LEADER assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)
It’s Prime time! OPTIMUS PRIME and other popular TRANSFORMERS characters from the movie are represented in Leader scale figures, which feature lights and sounds in vehicle and robot mode. Additionally, the figures feature new “Automorph Technology”, a gearing mechanism that allows some parts to move automatically. The Leader scale includes OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON.

TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET(Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Ages: 5 & Up; Available: June 2007)
The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET, authentically detailed to look like the character in the movie, allows kids to imitate OPTIMUS PRIME and sound like a TRANSFORMERS robot for the first time! The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET features 3 modes:

• VOICE CHANGER: Make your voice sound like a robot!
BATTLE PHRASES: OPTIMUS PRIME speaks iconic phrases
CONVERSION SOUNDS: Hear OPTIMUS PRIME change from a truck to a robot and back!

Transformers%20Optimus%20Prime%20Voice%20Changer.jpg

TRANSFORMERS ARM BLASTER assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)
Quickly changing from either STARSCREAM’S jet or OPTIMUS PRIME’S truck, these powerful TRANSFORMERS ARM BLASTERS offer kids the unique opportunity to role-play the galactic battle which AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS have waged for centuries! One pull changes the toy from vehicle mode to blaster mode, unleashing the power of a Nerf dart blaster. OPTIMUS PRIME comes with 3 Nerf darts and STARSCREAM comes with 4 Nerf darts.

TRANSFORMERS CYBER STOMPIN’ ROBOT assortments
(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: June 2007)
The CYBER STOMPIN’ ROBOT features 12-inch robot-only versions of BUMBLEBEE and OPTIMUS PRIME, the heroes of the TRANSFORMERS movie. Designed to enable easy play for younger fans, each of the figures feature robot stomping sounds, battle sounds and phrases and light-up eyes!

-more-
MR. POTATO HEAD OPTIMASH PRIME
(Approximate retail price: $9.99; Ages: 2 & up; Available: June 2007
MR. POTATO HEAD, the iconic face-changing potato friend for kids, takes on the role of a lifetime as the spud-ly leader of the AUTOBOTS, OPTIMASH PRIME. Kids will be able to have all kinds of mix 'n match fun with this wacky spud dressed as OPTIMUS PRIME. OPTIMASH PRIME comes with fun parts, including shoes, ears, eyes and helmet.

RISK: THE TRANSFORMERS EDITION

(Approximate retail price $ 24.99; Ages: 8 & up; Players: 2 to 4; Available: June 2007)
The game of Global Domination takes a twist with this version set on CYBERTRON and based on the TRANSFORMERS movie. Fight to gain control of the world on the side of the AUTOBOTS or the DECEPTICON! Choose your side, then play by either classic RISK rules or the TRANSFORMERS variations!

TRANSFORMERS CHESS SET

(Approximate retail price $ 29.99; Ages: 7 & up; Players: 2; Available: June 2007)
This classic game provides an opportunity to pit the AUTOBOTS against the DECEPTICON in a two-player strategy game. The figures are authentically detailed to look like the movie characters.

TRANSFORMERS FUN FIT PUZZLE

(Approximate retail price: $15.99 Ages: 7 & up; Available: June 2007) Two puzzles in one. Assemble OPTIMUS PRIME in robot mode and then with the same puzzle pieces, assemble the AUTOBOT leader in truck mode.

TRANSFORMERS 70PC STICKER PUZZLE
(Approximate Retail Price: $3.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)

TRANSFORMERS 100 PC PUZZLES

(Approximate Retail price: $2.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)

For more information on Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS toy line and the live-action feature film, please visit www.transformers.com and www.transformersmovie.com.

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.release/dn/default.cfm?release=533

There will be a couple of “Unleashed” Transformers figures throughout the year, retailer exclusives, as well as a few other nuggets in the main line…

HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd much rather have sculpture like things then toys any day of the week, so this is awesome awesome news. I love the quality in the Star Wars ones, I *CANNOT WAIT* to see what these will look like.

The Movie prime figure doesn't look so great in Robot mode. But maybe the rest of the movie figures will turn out better. I hope the NY Toyfair has alot more to show us.

There's been talk of the transformers video game here:
Burrows Talks Transformers
Traveller's Tales producer answers questions in a quick Q&A.
by Jeremy Dunham

To get the 411 on how things are turning out, we sent a number of email questions to producer Andy Burrows a few weeks back. And while some of the details released today weren't yet known at the time, he still managed to shed some light on what we can expect in the finished product...

IGN: What can you tell us about the ability to play as either the Autobots or Decepticons? Will there be two distinct campaigns?

Andy Burrows: Yes, there will be two distinct campaigns for each of the different factions. The Autobot campaign follows the plot of the movie. The Decepticon campaign puts a spin on some of the critical moments in the film. You'll be able to take control of most of the Transformers from the movie as you play through the missions, so you'll be able to reenact all those cool movie moments that you saw on the big screen.

IGN: How will the destructible environments affect gameplay? Are they really 100% destructible, or just certain, pre-designated spots?

[SIZE=-2]Optimus Prime (official motion picture art)[/SIZE]
Burrows: It is really important for us to convey a real sense of scale with the game and in order to do that we made everything destructible and interactive - buildings can be smashed, objects such as lampposts can be ripped from the ground and used as weapons, cars and buses can be picked up and thrown at attacking helicopters. It's quite easy to cause a massive amount of havoc, but you'll run the risk of ticking off the police, the military or other forces.

IGN: How will players be able to take advantage of each Transformer's two forms? Is there any point to fighting a boss battle as a car or boombox?

Burrows: We set out to design the robot functionality in such a way that the player wouldn't think of the vehicle and robot forms as being different components of the game. We wanted the ability to transform from a robot into a vehicle and back to be as intuitive and as useful as a punch, a run or a jump. So, for example, if you're slugging it out in combat with a thirty-foot robot and he transforms into a heavily armed jet, you have the option of switching to a car and darting for cover. Likewise, you could be the one to fly into combat and turn into your robot mode for a surprise attack!

IGN: Will you feature the ability for some Transformers to be able to join together and create a "master" Transformer, like how the Constructicons can form Devastator?

Burrows: Most of the characters in our game are based on the characters in the movie. However, we do have a couple that we've created specifically for the game. When you see some of the characters, you'll notice we pay homage to some popular G1 stars throughout the game.

IGN: Will you be able to accurately portray Starscream's punk-ass bitch attitude?

Burrows: All of the characters are based on their movie counterparts and their individual personalities will definitely shine in the game.

IGN: Will humans play a part in the game at all?

Burrows: A couple of human characters from the film will make appearances in the game, though they won't be playable.

IGN: How will the game take advantage of the different platforms that it's set to ship on? For example, will it make use of the PS3's motion sensing, the Wiimote to great extent or anything else along those lines?

Burrows: The core game mechanics are the same across platforms, even if the game plays differently due to the control mechanics. The next-gen platforms also allow us to push the visuals further and increase the complexity of the background systems such as AI, physics and destruction.

IGN: How closely will the game tie into the movie? Will the film's voice actor's provide the voiceover work?

Burrows: The game will tie closely to the movie. Having the talent from the film is great for adding a sense of consistency between the movie and the video game and we hope to tap some of the movie talent.

IGN: Lastly, will the transformation sound be taken directly from the old cartoon? That sound is seriously awesome.

Burrows: You'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='sonderiaom']There's been talk of the transformers video game here:[/quote]

I saw that too. Hopefully we'll see screens by this weekend since its supposed to be shown at the Toyfare going on this weekend.

That interview about the game was by and large worthless. Guy can't comment on anything.

I doubt I'll check it out... I hate tie-in's that have you "relive" what you just saw on the screen.

I actually have high hopes for the video game. I hated, nay, despised TF Armada, and yet really really enjoyed the PS2 TF game based on Armada.

As long as they can deliver a decent to good action game with TF's in it, I'm in, though I hope they make it as awesome as possible.

Also, I can't wait to see pics of Ultimate Bumblebee, just so I can see what I'm going to be spending 100 bucks on in the near future.

[quote name='Roufuss']That interview about the game was by and large worthless. Guy can't comment on anything.

I doubt I'll check it out... I hate tie-in's that have you "relive" what you just saw on the screen.[/quote]

Sorta, the game is supposed to have a campaign for the Autobots and the Decepticons. So when you play as the Decepticons, you'll be able to change the events of the movie.

bread's done
Back