10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the store today and I saw soundwave on the shelf, so it is the fourth time I saw him already. I had $4 coupons that I used on 3 of the deluxes and one voyager that I bought so far. So that helped a lot in making them cheaper. I got the megatron with launcher bot shot today.
My friend keeps getting her 2 1/2 year old kid transformers such as an optimus prime voyager, a cyberverse fig., and a bumblebee RID figure, I don't get it, he can't do it himself and the parents have to transform it for him. I told her to get the Rescue bots for him, I got him the optimus prime rescue bot he can do this one himself. He also has one bumblebee bot shot that he likes.

yep. I bought my kids every single Rescue Bots and they love em! I love it to because I don't have to deal with arms/legs snapped off and the constant "Daddy, can you transform him for me?" (even though I have no problems with my kids liking Transformers!)

My 4 year old surprised me by being able to transform a few pretty complicated figures. Proud papa :)

[quote name='blandstalker']I never saw Starscream in stores, either, and I went to something like 8 Wal-Marts over Orange and San Diego counties. Worst unsuccessful attempt ever. Fortunately the trips were organized around places I had to go anyway, but still wasted gas, time, and the disheartening experience of going to Wal-Mart over and over and over.

I saw plenty of Skywarps, but never as low as $15. I think $30 was the lowest I ever saw. I ended ordering it from Walmart.com when it was $40 or so.

I think TRU plays favorites with its stores. My local TRU seems to get everything, and usually at least twice in different shipments. Others are not nearly so fortunate.[/QUOTE]

I never saw Starscream either and I"m convinced that my TRU never got any masterpiece figures. The good news is that I have Target, TRU and K-mart all within 1 mile from my work. But l might be turning like animalspinners and just going online for them

I got Skywarp for $15 but that was before my area got a scalper infestation... I remember Wal-Mart having a metric ton of them. I was just getting back into collecting and I just kind of stumbled upon him.

Now, any Transformers toy hits the first clearance bracket and it is gone.

Speaking of clearance, I know I mentioned it before but a lot of Targets are doing DOTM Human Alliance Leadfoot for $15 - $21 on clearance, which is a decent price for the fig (considering we aren't getting the deluxe one.) He wasn't worth $30 to me, but I paid $21 and I think he's worth that as he's essentially a voyager.

Also, Hasbro confirmed FOC Starscream at a convention.

A lot more reveals at Cybertron Con... including a ton of classics that are Asia Exclusive.

Springer, FE Cliffjumper with a G1 Cliffjumper head, Hot Spot, FE Bulkhead as Brawn (...what) , another G2 Megatron... lots more.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...rations--movie-series-asia-exclusives-174569/

Hasbro is just trolling us all at this point :applause: Since they made it clear they were Asia exclusive we definitely won't see them on these shores.

Springer is, once again, not a triple changer... and Warbot Defender keeps its place as the head of the pack. Its a shame Hasbro / Takara keep gimping the character. Either do him right or not at all.

Also, TF: Prime is going to be getting Kup and Rumble for all regions.. looks like in Wave 5.

There are some transformers on clearance at target. I recognized Wheeljack. They look like the Mechtech size. I think they were called generations. Hope that helps.

I got transformers from Mcd yesterday. We got Bumblebee, optimus, megatron, and starscream. They are cute. I saw generations Kup on clearance at my Target yesterday.

[quote name='animalspinners']A lot more reveals at Cybertron Con... including a ton of classics that are Asia Exclusive.

Springer, FE Cliffjumper with a G1 Cliffjumper head, Hot Spot, FE Bulkhead as Brawn (...what) , another G2 Megatron... lots more.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...rations--movie-series-asia-exclusives-174569/

Hasbro is just trolling us all at this point :applause: Since they made it clear they were Asia exclusive we definitely won't see them on these shores.

Springer is, once again, not a triple changer... and Warbot Defender keeps its place as the head of the pack. Its a shame Hasbro / Takara keep gimping the character. Either do him right or not at all.

Also, TF: Prime is going to be getting Kup and Rumble for all regions.. looks like in Wave 5.[/QUOTE]

That FoC Starscream looks sick! Some of these repaints don't make much sense, but some sound pretty cool.

[quote name='animalspinners']A lot more reveals at Cybertron Con... including a ton of classics that are Asia Exclusive.

Springer, FE Cliffjumper with a G1 Cliffjumper head, Hot Spot, FE Bulkhead as Brawn (...what) , another G2 Megatron... lots more.[/quote]

Unfortunately (or, fortunately from my perspective) they are all recolors with new heads. I'd be pissed if they were new molds they were making Japan-only, but most of these seem like quick cash grabs.

The sad thing is I'd probably buy them if they came out here. So would a lot of people. More lost opportunities for Hasbro.

FoC Starscream looks great. It's coming out in 2013. The video game is coming out in Fall 2012. What the hell. Way to synergize!

[quote name='animalspinners']Springer is, once again, not a triple changer... and Warbot Defender keeps its place as the head of the pack. Its a shame Hasbro / Takara keep gimping the character. Either do him right or not at all.[/quote]

Agreed. It's nice that Hasbro is thinking of the character, but it's sad that it's just been recolors of other helicopter bots. Warbot Defender showed there was a market for something more than an afterthought.

[quote name='blandstalker']

FoC Starscream looks great. It's coming out in 2013. The video game is coming out in Fall 2012. What the hell. Way to synergize! [/quote]

Waves in early 2013 always hit in like November, I've noticed. He'll be there in 2012 more than likely.

Agreed. It's nice that Hasbro is thinking of the character, but it's sad that it's just been recolors of other helicopter bots. Warbot Defender showed there was a market for something more than an afterthought.

I wonder how long before Hasbro puts their foot down to places like BBTS and says "Hey, its either going to be support third party products and get no official Hasbro products, or stop selling third party goods."

The third party stuff routinely blows Hasbro away on a regular basis and I know Takara has come down and told retailers if they are caught selling third party stuff, no more Takara merchandise.

The third party stuff is making incredible leaps and bounds while Hasbro is in the business of just ripping out an alt mode and slapping a head on an old figure. That Wheelie redeco is even worse... that mold *is* Jazz / Stepper.

But then again, I think Hasbro just doesn't really give a crap about Season 3 to begin with.

Galvatron was pretty horrible, all things considered.
Ultra Magnus is always just a Prime repaint.
Springer is always short one alt mode.
Arcee never gets made.
Runabout / Runamuck were TFCC exclusives.
Goldbug? Ha, he's just gold Bumblebee now, Bumblebee head and all.
Classics Rodimus is kind of...meh.
Kup needed a new head.

Only Cyclonus, Scourge and Wreckgar really managed to hit it out of the park imo. Blurr is ok for just being a Drift repaint, but I know a lot of people hate the figure. Its a shame most of my Season 3 stuff is either third party or exclusives.

Seriously, it's like Hasbro is saying instead of providing the best for our customers, let's do the minimum and see how far we can go. Sadly, they are probably still making good money from it so they don't see a need to step up their game.

I'm actually really glad most are "Asian exclusive". I refuse to buy repaints (with few exceptions) as I buy them for the mold/transformation fun. HOWEVER, I'm pissed as all hell that the repaint of FE Bulkhead and FE Cliffjumper aren't coming here, as we never got the originals. I guess it just leaves hope that we'll eventually see our own repaints of them, but still...

Target is starting to get the Cyberverse Commander figures, but for some reason they aren't ringing up right at the registers.

Most of the stores still have them in the back, despite being widely available at other stores. Like last time, here is a Target locator I made for all of you to see which stores have them and which don't:

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?dpci=087-06-0236

The DPCI is 087-06-0236.

My store had no problem grabbing the three I wanted from the back (Bulkhead / Starscream / Megatron) but then they didn't ring up... somehow they decided on the price being $6. Not $6 each... $6 for all three. I don't know if the CS rep just stopped caring; she was obviously starting to get frustrated that they wouldn't ring up and she couldn't find them in the system at all.

I wasn't one to argue that price, especially because a manager approved it also. I saw a thread on TFW how someone's Target marked all of these down to $2.18 as-is... no lie. I guess Target panics when there is no price. I saw someone get $21 Young Justice figures for $5 or so... the cost of the smaller figures from the companion line. In my situation, it just seems like they were sick of holding the line up and didn't care.

So yea, they are out there if you want them -- there is no date or anything on when these can be sold. I believe the case ratio is 2 Primes, 2 Bulkheads, 1 Starscream and 1 Megatron.

Now I kinda regret not asking for an Optimus too, lol. But I figure Optimus is never heard to find and I wasn't expecting to pay $6 total.

[quote name='animalspinners']I wonder how long before Hasbro puts their foot down to places like BBTS and says "Hey, its either going to be support third party products and get no official Hasbro products, or stop selling third party goods."

The third party stuff routinely blows Hasbro away on a regular basis and I know Takara has come down and told retailers if they are caught selling third party stuff, no more Takara merchandise.[/quote]

I know they've aggressively gone after KOs, but they're fools if they go after FansProject. Right now, the third parties are just giving consumers what they want that Hasbro isn't producing. Hasbro/Takara has had plenty of opportunity, and yet really obvious things don't get made or remade.

I'm not saying there aren't shades of grey here. The iGear coneheads were pretty much KO Masterpiece figures. But, then again, Hasbro has had plenty of opportunities to crap out Masterpiece coneheads and they haven't. It's like they can't be bothered, even though people would gladly fork out a lot of change for Masterpiece Thrust. How hard could that have been?

It's probably going to come to a head at some point, because the third party stuff is more brazen than it ever has been. Two Devastators. Insecticons. FansProject used to be just upgrades (which drive Hasbro/Takara sales) but are doing more and more updates. Hasbro is kind of stupid to let third parties mine their intellectual property.

On the other hand, Hasbro seems to have no interest to cater to this market. So far, their best efforts have been Masterpiece figures, which have been so limited in number of figures, most of which are Primes, and the FE Prime stuff, which was bungled so completely.

If they do shut down third party stuff, they're effectively putting a damper on their best customers. While I know some people gravitate more towards third party and away from stuff like DOTM, it still drives Transformers sales and the brand as a whole. Shut that down, and people are not going to flock to second-rate stuff like MechTech. They'll just find something else.

[quote name='animalspinners']
The third party stuff is making incredible leaps and bounds while Hasbro is in the business of just ripping out an alt mode and slapping a head on an old figure. That Wheelie redeco is even worse... that mold *is* Jazz / Stepper.[/quote]

I haven't seen pictures...and don't need to. That's just an awful idea. (Of course, Wheelie always was an awful idea, so there's that...)

That said, I think they were pretty good to us last year. Most of my favorites were Generations, and while Season 3 didn't really get a lot of love, Warpath, Jazz, Tracks, Kup, Wheeljack, Thunderwing...plus Cyclonus, Scourge and Wreck-Gar -- it's a big list of good stuff.

Guys, these Cyberverse Commanders are ridiculously awesome.

Screw the legion figures, there are where it's at. I only opened Bulkhead so far but wow.

He's definitely far better once you make a few alterations out of the package; the wheels look way better folded down behind him then sticking straight up, not sure why Hasbro picked that as the "official" image and pose, as the animation model isn't even close to that.

yeah, the pics on seibertron.com look nice. Megatron and Starscream look really cool. My kids love the Vehicons.

[quote name='jbz']Announced that the next in line for the MP series is gonna be Sideswipe.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's not surprising given how much they love to repaint the MPs.

They even found a repaint for Rodimus... they'll get at least 4 or 5 repaints out of Sideswipe.

I've been considering the MakeToys Giant in yellow before he completely sells out... yellow Devastator is just so ridiculous haha. Not sure I want to commit to another Devastator though this one is much better price wise than Hercules.

[quote name='animalspinners']Guys, these Cyberverse Commanders are ridiculously awesome.

Screw the legion figures, there are where it's at. I only opened Bulkhead so far but wow.

He's definitely far better once you make a few alterations out of the package; the wheels look way better folded down behind him then sticking straight up, not sure why Hasbro picked that as the "official" image and pose, as the animation model isn't even close to that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I too was really impressed. Walmart had em at 10 bucks each too, so you got one hell of a deal!

[quote name='jbz']I am gonna wait until MakeToys one is the green/purple flavor. They are making that one right?[/QUOTE]

Rumor is that they are.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Agreed. I too was really impressed. Walmart had em at 10 bucks each too, so you got one hell of a deal![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I definitely wasn't one to argue with them, lol.

UPS just dropped off my BBTS Pile of Loot... two boxes that were the size of my apartment door, lol. I'll get lots of pictures up later!

I wonder if MP Sideswipe will be Binaltech / Alternator sized to have the robot mode be in scale with the other MP figures (except Grimlock), or if they'll just throw scale out the window.

Not surprised in the least that MP Sunstorm would come before the coneheads (if they're coming).

So I've been looking for this Starscream for a little while:

r_starscream2008001.jpg

Someone locally on craigslist just put one up for $30. Too much? Just right? Ebay listings for this same fig are higher, but there's no bids on them either so might not be an accurate way to gauge price. Thoughts?

[quote name='jbz']Someone locally on craigslist just put one up for $30. Too much? Just right? Ebay listings for this same fig are higher, but there's no bids on them either so might not be an accurate way to gauge price. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I just checked completed listings, and $30 seems like a steal for MOSC. A quick scan of the unopened ones that sold looks like an average of $55.

Made decent use of the 25% off TF coupon tonight. Picked up Prime Prime and Megs, Bot Shot launchers Prime and Megs, Cyberverse Commander Prime, Megs, Starscream and Bulkhead and Cyberverse Arcee, Ratchet, Vehicon and Cliffjumper. No Prime Deluxes though. Unfortunately, this TRU marks up about 10% over regular TRU prices (the Voyagers were $30 vs. $27, launchers $12 vs. $11, Commanders $13 vs. $12 and regular Cyberverse $6.50 vs. $6). So factoring in the regular TRU markup, I probably saved a little bit off Target / Walmart prices.

Stopped in at another TRU, which had Deluxes, but among the stuff I picked up at the first one, only Prime Prime was there. I picked up Soundwave, used a 15% off a single toy coupon.

Stopped in at Target after that, 15 Bees, 5 Cliffs, nothing else for Prime Deluxes. Let out a sigh when I saw the prices compared to TRU.

Activision announced a Prime game today for Nintendo systems.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/transformers-prime-game-coming-to-nintendo-platforms/

And some blasts from the past I came across. In for 10 at those prices!

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1984_War...xx Montgomery Ward Christmas Catalog P012.htm

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1984_War...xx Montgomery Ward Christmas Catalog P013.htm

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1985_SearsWishbook/pages/SearsWishbook.1985EC.P438.htm

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1985_SearsWishbook/pages/SearsWishbook.1985EC.P439.htm

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1987_Canadian_Sears_Christmas/pages/1987 Sears Christmas book page433.htm

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1988_Sears_Wishbook/pages/1988.xx.xx Sears Christmas Catalog P446.htm

Those are some awesome scans. Ah the good old days! Funny I had pretty much all those ugly Go-Bots listed there. Such ugly bots, LOL. I totally forgot about those Monsterbots too. My cousin had the Japanese version of Six Shot. I was so jealous!

Oh man, that brings back some memories. The Christmas wishbook is out! time to spend the rest of the day circling all the crap I want, and then staring at it longingly...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Oh man, that brings back some memories. The Christmas wishbook is out! time to spend the rest of the day circling all the crap I want, and then staring at it longingly...[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Sears catalog was a big deal. I don't remember Sunday ads even existing in the 80s. Between Star Wars, Gi Joe, and Transformers it was hard to decide what was most important.

I saw cyberverse prime series in TRU but passed because they are higher priced than Target. Of course Target did not have them but I guess they will soon.

On a whim I went into the local Tuesday Morning store and discovered scout class reveal-the-shield Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, and Starscream. These little guys are pretty detailed for scout class with more paint than I expected. They're done up closer to their G1 appearances, making me think I missed these guys during the previous Universe releases. Megs' alt mode looks like the original handgun I so fondly recall. Both modes are also fairly well done and for $2.99 each, I can't really complain.

[quote name='demonchylde']On a whim I went into the local Tuesday Morning store and discovered scout class reveal-the-shield Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, and Starscream. These little guys are pretty detailed for scout class with more paint than I expected. They're done up closer to their G1 appearances, making me think I missed these guys during the previous Universe releases. Megs' alt mode looks like the original handgun I so fondly recall. Both modes are also fairly well done and for $2.99 each, I can't really complain.[/QUOTE]

They are actually pretty recent figures, releasing some time last year. They are Legends size and are supposed to be G1 ;)

Well, except for Bumblebee, that's Hasbro's stupid interpretation of Goldbug, because they or Takara can't get him right (and thanks to third parties, I now own an actual deluxe sized Goldbug! Woo!)

Problem is, most retail stores passed on those figures and they ended up in all the discount stores which is why you never saw them at regular retail.

There are two more to that set as well -- Prowl and Trailcutter. They are pretty nice figures.

[quote name='demonchylde']On a whim I went into the local Tuesday Morning store and discovered scout class reveal-the-shield Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, and Starscream. These little guys are pretty detailed for scout class with more paint than I expected. They're done up closer to their G1 appearances, making me think I missed these guys during the previous Universe releases. Megs' alt mode looks like the original handgun I so fondly recall. Both modes are also fairly well done and for $2.99 each, I can't really complain.[/QUOTE]

I thank you for telling me about this. I went to Tuesday Morning store today and picked up Megatron RTS legend which I have wanted forever and never thought I would get. I also got Optimus, trailcutter, and prowl.

Let me repeat the displeasure in the case breakdown for the next wave of Prime Deluxe figures. 2 Hot Shots (Bumblebee redeco), 2 Knockouts (disappointed in his look), 1 Bumble Bee, 1 Arcee, 1 Ratchet and sigh..only 1 Vehicon. How are we supposed to build an army of Vehicons.....

[quote name='jbz']sigh..only 1 Vehicon. How are we supposed to build an army of Vehicons.....[/QUOTE]

Get some Bumblebees and Hot Shots and paint them purple?

You'd think this would be an absolute no-brainer for at least 2 to a case. You'd also think that if HTS were smart and hell-bent on selling cases that they'd offer a case of Vehicons. People would buy them.

And yeah, Knockout looks awful. I'm hoping it looks better in person, but at this point, it's almost impossible for it to look worse.

It's a shame because apart from the logistical crap, I'm enjoying the Prime line. RiD Cliffjumper is surprisingly good and different from the FE version. Wheeljack is amazing. Soundwave has a lot of neat ideas (that could have used a more interesting deco).

So far, only RiD Bumblebee has been a waste.

I don't have any prime bumblebee do you think I should get RID bumblebee and RID cliffjumper, those are the only 2 I am missing. This way I would have a complete set of characters from the show. Unless they come out with a different bumblebee mold I could wait. I could just get hot shot instead and wait for a new mold of bumblebee.

Yeah, complete the set, you got all the hard to find ones :) You won't have a problem getting the Bumblebee, the pegs are flooded with them. You can still get Prime First Edition Bumblebee online at MSRP too.

[quote name='blandstalker']Get some Bumblebees and Hot Shots and paint them purple?

You'd think this would be an absolute no-brainer for at least 2 to a case. You'd also think that if HTS were smart and hell-bent on selling cases that they'd offer a case of Vehicons. People would buy them.

And yeah, Knockout looks awful. I'm hoping it looks better in person, but at this point, it's almost impossible for it to look worse.

It's a shame because apart from the logistical crap, I'm enjoying the Prime line. RiD Cliffjumper is surprisingly good and different from the FE version. Wheeljack is amazing. Soundwave has a lot of neat ideas (that could have used a more interesting deco).

So far, only RiD Bumblebee has been a waste.[/QUOTE]

Case of Vehicons....:drool:

[quote name='jbz']Yeah, complete the set, you got all the hard to find ones :) You won't have a problem getting the Bumblebee, the pegs are flooded with them. You can still get Prime First Edition Bumblebee online at MSRP too.[/QUOTE]

I can get the prime first edition bumblebee at MSRP online?
Maybe I should do that?

I found Bulkhead cyberverse size today.

[quote name='jbz']Let me repeat the displeasure in the case breakdown for the next wave of Prime Deluxe figures. 2 Hot Shots (Bumblebee redeco), 2 Knockouts (disappointed in his look), 1 Bumble Bee, 1 Arcee, 1 Ratchet and sigh..only 1 Vehicon. How are we supposed to build an army of Vehicons.....[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking kidding me? fuck off Hasbro, seriously. 3 copies of the worst mold, and 2 of what looks to be nearly as bad? grrrrrrr

wow shipping is expensive it will come to $16.57, I can get the other one for $10 is it worth it to get this first edition, I hear it is much better. I wish they had a free shipping code.

[quote name='blandstalker']

[/QUOTE]

Hasbro's reasoning is that kids don't buy Decepticons, and they probably don't really care about nameless troop builder Decepticon, hence one to a case. Knock Out is two to a case because he is recognizable and an actual character on the show.

It sucks for troop builders but I do see Hasbro's point on this one -- if Vehicon was two or three to a case I'm pretty sure he'd pegwarm because kids won't really grab him and if they do, they just want one. Hell, its the troop builders in G.I Joe that do nothing but peg warm, same with Marvel Universe and even Star Wars. Only collectors are into that.

And with Knock Out, he's mistransformed in all the pictures hes in, which is typical Hasbro.

RiD Cliffjumper is surprisingly good and different from the FE version

I gotta disagree here... he's different from the FE version but he's not good at all. Horrible face, hollow arms... just a horrible representation of the character. I got mine for $2 and even then I felt I overpaid. The only redeeming quality I found was the hammer weapon. I don't even own the FE and I figured that the Prime one would be good enough but I'm seriously considering dropping the $40 to pick one up now. Cliff was such a disappointment to me even after I tempered my expectations for him.

[quote name='mickeyp']wow shipping is expensive it will come to $16.57, I can get the other one for $10 is it worth it to get this first edition, I hear it is much better. I wish they had a free shipping code.[/QUOTE]

lol, I wish I could complain about only paying $16.57 for a Transformer. I end up having to pay $20 for a deluxe on a regular basis, $16.57 is a deal to me.

To answer your question, First Edition is much, much better than the RID one. You get what you pay for... if you don't care about quality, and only about price, grab the RID one.

[quote name='animalspinners']

lol, I wish I could complain about only paying $16.57 for a Transformer. I end up having to pay $20 for a deluxe on a regular basis, $16.57 is a deal to me.

To answer your question, First Edition is much, much better than the RID one. You get what you pay for... if you don't care about quality, and only about price, grab the RID one.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for your help. I put in the order now, I want me and my son to have the best transformer. LOL Thanks for letting me know this was available, I did not even realize I could still get him. It came to $18 with tax. I got Bulkhead Cyberverse for $5 with a coupon today so I guess it evens out.

[quote name='animalspinners']Hasbro's reasoning is that kids don't buy Decepticons, and they probably don't really care about nameless troop builder Decepticon, hence one to a case. Knock Out is two to a case because he is recognizable and an actual character on the show.

It sucks for troop builders but I do see Hasbro's point on this one -- if Vehicon was two or three to a case I'm pretty sure he'd pegwarm because kids won't really grab him and if they do, they just want one. Hell, its the troop builders in G.I Joe that do nothing but peg warm, same with Marvel Universe and even Star Wars. Only collectors are into that.

And with Knock Out, he's mistransformed in all the pictures hes in, which is typical Hasbro.
[/QUOTE]

Knock Out still looks crappy to me compared to what he looks like in the cartoon. I'll still grab him as I'm trying to complete the Deluxe series.

I guess I see what you are saying about Vehicon, but do they think kids will buy multiple Bumblebees? They show the Vehicons in groups constantly in the show, you would think they would want to capitalize on that and get the kids to buy more than 1. Hell, when I was a kid I bought 3 GI Joe B.A.T.S. and 3 Crimson Guards. COBRA!

[quote name='jbz']Knock Out still looks crappy to me compared to what he looks like in the cartoon. I'll still grab him as I'm trying to complete the Deluxe series.

I guess I see what you are saying about Vehicon, but do they think kids will buy multiple Bumblebees? They show the Vehicons in groups constantly in the show, you would think they would want to capitalize on that and get the kids to buy more than 1. Hell, when I was a kid I bought 3 GI Joe B.A.T.S. and 3 Crimson Guards. COBRA![/QUOTE]

They think every kid will buy a Bumblebee because he's the TF mascot. They think a lot of kids won't care about Decepticons, much less one devoid of personality. They think that if kids do want a Decepticon, they want Knock Out because he is a somebody.

And you were definitely rare among children, haha. Most kids could care less about troop building. Trust me, I collect among a lot of different lines and the troop builders are always the pegwarmers. Collectors cried out for Hasbro to give them more troop builders and then they all sat on the pegs while the more unique characters got bought. I can only think of one or two troop builders that have ever flown off the shelves and that's more because of distribution than anything.

I think, in this one instance, it'll be okay to limit the troop builder. It sucks for fans initially but after everyone buys what they wanted, all you'd see on the shelf is Vehicons and we'd all be complaining. I see it with every single line Hasbro does troop builders in... they just don't sell at retail compared to unique figures. Hell, Hasbro threw fans a bone and repackaged Scourge into future waves for people to troop build, and he ended up pegwarming a ton, so did Scrapheap.

I think the problem right now is more that Hasbro is trying to cram too many figures into too many waves so all figures get shorted. I'd personally like to see four figures per wave, two to a case, everyone is happy.

bread's done
Back