10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought some might want to know this but Takara is re-issuing fucking Omega Supreme and BBTS has him on pre-order for $115. I still have mine with everything but he has a broken leg so he walks to the right but dang...a brand spanking new Omega Supreme. I almost want to order it just so I can have a full fledged working one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10799&mode=retail

I also was unaware that he was betrayed by the Constructicons. Was this in the original series?

[quote name='equest943']I thought some might want to know this but Takara is re-issuing fucking Omega Supreme and BBTS has him on pre-order for $115. I still have mine with everything but he has a broken leg so he walks to the right but dang...a brand spanking new Omega Supreme. I almost want to order it just so I can have a full fledged working one.

I also was unaware that he was betrayed by the Constructicons. Was this in the original series?[/quote]

Nah, this is part of some retconning/"reimaging" of the origins in the newer comic series of the last few years (Dreamwave, etc.).

BTW I just bought Omega pretty much perfect complete and mint along with a huge tub full of G1 figures (Megatron, Optimus, Combaticons, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Ironhide, Inferno, Red Alert, Trailbreaker, a couple other regular cars, Red Bumblebee and some other small cars, Thundercracker, Astrotrain, knockoff Grimlock and Snarl), lots of GoBots, Voltrons 1 and 3, and other Japanese robots yesterday off some dude from craigslist. It was a monster score for me, only $100 for everything. The Lion Voltron was the best part - it's the Bandai Godaikin one complete in box, super mint like almost unused/unplayed with with all accessories, missiles, etc.

[quote name='tarouza']wow i didn't know they still made these. I was cleaning and found a bunch of the old ones in my attic (I am 25 so found the red tractor truck and a bunch of others) haven't decided what i am going to do with them yet[/quote]

Shhhhhhh!!! Don't say you have the old gen Transformers laying around, before you get a ton of PMs asking 'how much' or get lowball offers for the 'whole lot'.

As for me, I still have a brown bag half loaded with my TF toys from back in the day SOMEWHERE in my closet. I really should clean that closet out, since I've got games(video mostly), toys and all sorts of stuff crammed in there.

The last time I cleaned out the closet, I found the bag of TF toys and looked inside. I think I still have all of the Constructicons merged into Devastator in the bag. I also know I have Perceptor, Rodimus Prime and at least about a dozen more, including Jetfire or Skyfire(can't recall his name, but I think he switched to being a Decepticon a couple times in the series, then back to an Autobot). Now, if only I could remember how to transform any of them.

Anyone know a good site with detailed instructions on how to transform them?

NO PM's or 'offers' please, as I plan on keeping them in the event I ever find space to display them.

Well, Nightwatch Optimus is deffinitely out in stores, Walmart had 3 and Target had some too. I passed on it, don't have the money sadly.

Are Star Wars Transformers worth checking out? I've seen a few that catch my interest, but I'm not sure if I can justify a purchase just yet.

[quote name='Ahadi']Are Star Wars Transformers worth checking out? I've seen a few that catch my interest, but I'm not sure if I can justify a purchase just yet.[/quote]

It depends.

As a line, they are not as advanced as Transformers, and generally not as successful at making toys that are good as both vehicles and robots. Many really succeed at only one mode, and some of the representations of Star Wars figures are laughable.

That said, some of them are still worthwhile, both as Transformers and as Star Wars toys. And, at worst, most of them have good vehicle modes.

Best of line: Darth Maul, Commander Cody, Darth Vader (TIE fighter)

All exemplify good vehicles, good figures, and interesting transformations. Darth Maul is a little tubby, but they managed to get a figure that actually looks like him out of his ship, which is no mean feat.

Honorable Mentions: AT-AT -- The robot is a little spindly and weird, but the vehicle is worth the price of admission.

Avoid at all costs: General Grievous -- Annoying transformation, and the thing falls apart.

[quote name='blandstalker']It depends.

As a line, they are not as advanced as Transformers, and generally not as successful at making toys that are good as both vehicles and robots. Many really succeed at only one mode, and some of the representations of Star Wars figures are laughable.

That said, some of them are still worthwhile, both as Transformers and as Star Wars toys. And, at worst, most of them have good vehicle modes.

Best of line: Darth Maul, Commander Cody, Darth Vader (TIE fighter)

All exemplify good vehicles, good figures, and interesting transformations. Darth Maul is a little tubby, but they managed to get a figure that actually looks like him out of his ship, which is no mean feat.

Honorable Mentions: AT-AT -- The robot is a little spindly and weird, but the vehicle is worth the price of admission.

Avoid at all costs: General Grievous -- Annoying transformation, and the thing falls apart.[/QUOTE]

The robot mode is really just a bonus to me. I don't expect much from an TIE Fighter that becomes Vader, it's more about having the vehicles and having something to fiddle around with. I already know which one's have caught my interest, and I'm very upset to hear that Grievous isn't a good one :( Eh, maybe when I have some extra cash I'll pick one up and post what I think of it.

[quote name='Ahadi']The robot mode is really just a bonus to me. I don't expect much from an TIE Fighter that becomes Vader, it's more about having the vehicles and having something to fiddle around with. I already know which one's have caught my interest, and I'm very upset to hear that Grievous isn't a good one :( Eh, maybe when I have some extra cash I'll pick one up and post what I think of it.[/quote]

If the robot mode is a bonus, you're set. Most of the vehicles are quite nice and are great representations of SW vehicles. At a $10 price point, they'd be worth it just for that. At $15, you'd probably want to pick and choose.

I will say that the Slave-1 and ARC-170 -- especially the recolor -- are excellent vehicles. Also, don't forget the Millenium Falcon. It's a very good toy.

Grievous fails because his legs are a nightmare. There's more than one thing wrong with them, but the worst is that they fall off mid-thigh! Just about any time you handle the toy you can expect one of the fuckers to fall off.

It's a bit of a shame, because the design is interesting and worthwhile -- it's the execution that bites. It's difficult to transform -- not because it's complicated, but because the parts seem to fight you, are difficult to get in and out, and fall off.

If you were to buy two of them, and leave one forever in vehicle mode and one forever in robot mode, that might be okay.

I keep forgetting about this -- even in the middle of an SWTF discussion.

Somehow, I ended up with two Clone Pilot ARC-170 Starfighter Star Wars Transformers. It's the original red/white one, not the recolor. Still sealed.

I would like to trade it. For anything. Transformer, toy, videogame. Something worth around $10 that I don't already have. I will check trade lists.

Please PM me. Thanks.

I finally went to my parents house and they had my MP Starscream from walmart.com. He looks really cool in the package and I think I'm going to leave him in there.

I have quite a number of SW transformers, but I regret buying them (even though I got most of the cheaply on ebay). They're just not very good and tend to fall apart. The Death Star and Millennium Falcon are good though.

[quote name='equest943']I thought some might want to know this but Takara is re-issuing fucking Omega Supreme and BBTS has him on pre-order for $115. I still have mine with everything but he has a broken leg so he walks to the right but dang...a brand spanking new Omega Supreme. I almost want to order it just so I can have a full fledged working one.

I also was unaware that he was betrayed by the Constructicons. Was this in the original series?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was in the original series. It was an episode where Omega Supreme was all pissy so Optimus Prime got him to reveal his past.

[quote name='icruise']I have quite a number of SW transformers, but I regret buying them (even though I got most of the cheaply on ebay). They're just not very good and tend to fall apart. The Death Star and Millennium Falcon are good though.[/QUOTE]

Which ones do you have? Maybe I can take some off of your hands for you ;)?

I've got a bunch of Beast Wars toys, almost all of which are either with original box/card or are still sealed. Also G1 Prime and Megatron japan releases from 2000. I'm going to be putting them up on eBay soon, but if anyone here on CAG wants any of them, PM me. I'll have a full list ready soon, but here are some I can recall:

Convoy (Optimus Prime) G1 2000 japanese release, complete
Megatron G1 2001? japanese release, complete
Optimal Optimus new
Optimal Optimus complete
Tigerhawk new
Tigerhawk complete
Transmetals 2 Blackarachnia new
Transmetals 2 Blackarachnia complete
Silverbolt new
Depth Charge complete
Rampage complete
Transmetals 2 Megatron new
Transmetals 2 Megatron complete
Transmetal Megatron complete
Transmetal Optimus Primal complete
Transmetal Tarantulas new

Plus loads more. A few "Fox Kids" season 1 repaints, non show characters, etc, etc.

MjC

New Universe Classics (2.0) Revealed:
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/...em&newsid=A795A47F-D56F-E112-48649ACADFB6ADDC
SUNSTREAKER
For SUNSTREAKER, the design team sought to create a cool concept sports car that was reminiscent of the character’s G1 form. In robot mode, the team modernized Sunstreaker’s head from G1, but originally weren’t able to achieve the proper fit to allow for the toy’s conversion. A final change to convert part of the “ear” panels allowed the team to capture the look it desired.

PROWL
In robot mode, it was important that Prowl have his shoulder mounted missile launchers, as he did back in G1. The design team also worked with TakaraTomy to create an innovative head reveal as part of the conversion process.

TANKOR
This triple-change converts to a robot, airplane and tanker truck. Originally planned as Octane, the team ended up having to change the name to Tankor. Like Prowl, this character also features an exciting head reveal. Painted with all the details, this guy looks like a mean Decepticon ready to blast and cut something to shreds.

Transformers Universe Classic Ultra

POWERGLIDE
For POWERGLIDE there were a few important design considerations. First, the design team wanted POWERGLIDE’s head to still have a dome-like point, but in a more updated way. Second, his wings needed to be in his shoulders as they originally were in G1. To stay true to the realistic nature of the Classic Series, the deco will be more silver than red, but with multiple red cues to connect to POWERGLIDE’s original look.

ONSLAUGHT
Bill chose ONSLAUGHT because he always loved his design and the two large signature barrels on the character’s back. The design team worked to retain that very characteristic silhouette in this new Ultra scale version of ONSLAUGHT. In choosing a vehicle mode, design went with a cool S.W.A.T. Urban assault vehicle to set it apart from the tanks in other TRANSFORMERS product lines. The vehicle choice and theme lent itself to the creation of a riot shield in robot mode. The final version does an excellent job recalling the G1 characters the design team grew up with.

I can't find Masterpiece Starscream anywhere. If anyone has an extra they're willing to sell at a reasonable price, PM me please.

Oh my God, thank you SO MUCH for this. I ordered 1 (tried to order 2 but was denied).

So then after I finished I ordered another one. Hopefully they won't deny me. Sucks to pay $7 each time for shipping, but it will be worth it to have 1 opened and 1 sealed.

Aw... come on. It couldn't have sold out already could it?!

fuck, I was stoked to see this as WM fucked me over the last time and this time I had that $10 coupon from the SSBB price mistake.

Again, thank you so much. I actually had the link to the page bookmarked since I've been waiting to pick this up again. And dude who has the G1 reissues, I'm assuming those are. I will hit you up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']New Universe Classics (2.0) Revealed:
snip...[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for the pics and link. Those look like they'll be awesome. Looking forward to picking up some new TF's that aren't movie junk.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Wow. Thanks for the pics and link. Those look like they'll be awesome. Looking forward to picking up some new TF's that aren't movie junk.
-G[/quote]

That's kind of how I feel. But I've come to accept and appreciate the movie figures more. While I really don't like the faces I think the rest of the figures are done fairly well.

I like Powerglide.:)

Those prototypes LinkinPrime posted are freaking awesome. Thank God some of those toy designers have some sense and want the figs to at the very least harken back to their roots.

The early G1's are still some of the absolute best toys on earth, hands down. Those and Godaikins/other Chogukin and of course the Masterpieces.

[quote name='karkyco']The early G1's are still some of the absolute best toys on earth, hands down. ...[/quote]

I agree. I got the movie TF for my son who wanted them, but even he doesn't like them as much as the G1's (I still have my G1's and let him play with them). Of course he watched all the G1 episodes with me so that may have helped sway him.

I was hoping the movie robots were going to look more like the proto-types above (revamped, but still styled like the old ones.) I have always been disappointed with the designs for the movie. Too busy, too complex in my opinion.

[quote name='kell']I agree. I got the movie TF for my son who wanted them, but even he doesn't like them as much as the G1's (I still have my G1's and let him play with them). Of course he watched all the G1 episodes with me so that may have helped sway him.

I was hoping the movie robots were going to look more like the proto-types above (revamped, but still styled like the old ones.) I have always been disappointed with the designs for the movie. Too busy, too complex in my opinion.[/quote]

HAHAHA just make sure he doesn't break those beauties! I've saved mine for my kids as well...but with a daughter I don't know if she's going to appreciate her father's excentricities and collections. I'm in the process of sorting all of my G1's at present. I'm going to "thin the excess" so to speak, since I really don't need as many as I have, especially since I have a bunch of extras and knockoffs.

Okay I wasn't going to post it because I'm not taking offers for them (and I know I will still be getting plenty of offers), but oh I can't resist.

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/toys/

Part of my collection of loose TFers is in those 2 big boxes that are dwarfing the real Omega Supreme in the foreground. Been trying to sort all of that so I can eventually display them, and started taking pics for insurance purposes. You can see Scorponok, Shockwave, the Seacons, Metroplex, Tripticon, all the big un's. The only big G1s that I'm still missing are Sky Lynx, Fortress Maximus, the Aerialbots, Galvatron, and a couple of the Terrorcons. All those I'm definitely keeping. Along with the pictured NES and SNES games and consoles, so don't even ask about those.

The ones in pics on the carpet ('posing') are my extras and Knockoffs, though the KO Omega Supreme, Shockwave, and black Decepticon style jet are already sold. The rest are going via craigslist or eBay if CL fails to move them at a reasonable price, though I may keep the extra Jetfire since it's still exceptionally white and I have all the armor for that one as well (the other one pictured in the styrofoam is my main one, both have their guns and missiles but most of the weapons are in zippies). We should post our Transformer collections...I would love to see your collections (especially Linkin Prime's...I can only imagine).

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA just make sure he doesn't break those beauties! I've saved mine for my kids as well...but with a daughter I don't know if she's going to appreciate her father's excentricities and collections. I'm in the process of sorting all of my G1's at present. I'm going to "thin the excess" so to speak, since I really don't need as many as I have, especially since I have a bunch of extras and knockoffs. [/quote]

My son would definitely like to come play at your house :lol: !!!

I was somewhat anal about him playing with them at first, but then I remembered why I saved them for all these years...my kids. I still encourage him to be careful and won't allow him to play with Jetfire though.

Now is a good time to thin the collection as I don't think prices have ever been higher. Of course, I assume your thinning is to make room for the new wave of remakes.;)

[quote name='kell']My son would definitely like to come play at your house :lol: !!!

I was somewhat anal about him playing with them at first, but then I remembered why I saved them for all these years...my kids. I still encourage him to be careful and won't allow him to play with Jetfire though.

Now is a good time to thin the collection as I don't think prices have ever been higher. Of course, I assume your thinning is to make room for the new wave of remakes.;)[/quote]

HAHAHA yep, but the wife doesn't need to know about the ulterior motive. Right now I'm just telling her "oh I want to sell some and put that towards a college fund". MWAHAHAHA.

Hey if you like comics, check these out. Here's the real college fund:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/comics/?action=view&current=Isabella5054.jpg

Kell, you better be careful denying him Jetfire (though I agree with you 100%) - the more we deny a child something, the more they will want it. I wouldn't even show it to him, once it's in a child's head they will stop at nothing to get it, and often times end up with it broken. Though that could just be my early childhood, at least when it came to some of my parents' stuff, though I treated my toys pretty well. I think I'm going to take the extra Jetfire and put him on display against my extra masterpiece Starscream once it arrives. Much to the chagrin of the wife, since I just recently finally put away my Marvel statues.

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA yep, but the wife doesn't need to know about the ulterior motive. Right now I'm just telling her "oh I want to sell some and put that towards a college fund". MWAHAHAHA.

Hey if you like comics, check these out. Here's the real college fund:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/comics/?action=view&current=Isabella5054.jpg

I think I'm going to take the extra Jetfire and put him on display against my extra masterpiece Starscream once it arrives. Much to the chagrin of the wife, since I just recently finally put away my Marvel statues.[/quote]

Good taste. Jetfire and Starscream are two of my favorites. I just wish I had the original Devastator.

That's why I didn't show him the MP Starscream. :lol: Well see, he's a good kid.

Wow Hulk 180 & 181!! Very nice. I collected for a little while. I have the Hulk with his reflection in Wolverine's claws, still one of my favorite covers. Mine are in a couple of boxes in a closet. I've had to lug them through about 10 moves over the years. Sounds like you have about as much stuff stashed away as I do. Wife is always complaining about all my "crap"!!

Hahaha yeah, I keep most of it in "storage", out of sight, out of mind for her.

Damn, both my MP Starscreams are now 'backordered'. Knowing walmart, that doesn't bode well.

[quote name='pscloud']Anyone know if the Animated Transformers are sold online? (from the 2008 cartoon)[/quote]

As far as I know they haven't announced a release date yet...my guess is that they should be available Spring or Early summer everywhere TF toys are sold.

Animated toys are May or June, I think. With Optimus Prime and Megatron "preview" figures slated to hit a couple months prior. Similar to how the Optimus and Starscream protoforms came out before the normal movie figs last year.

My recent pick ups -

Cheap ass knockoff Devastator, Superion, and Defensor. They are definitely cheap and flimsy, but they look almost exactly like the real deal so they work well enough for display pieces. For $7 each, I can't complain.

[quote name='GF_Eric']Animated toys are May or June, I think. With Optimus Prime and Megatron "preview" figures slated to hit a couple months prior. Similar to how the Optimus and Starscream protoforms came out before the normal movie figs last year.

My recent pick ups -

Cheap ass knockoff Devastator, Superion, and Defensor. They are definitely cheap and flimsy, but they look almost exactly like the real deal so they work well enough for display pieces. For $7 each, I can't complain.[/quote]

NICE! Do you mind telling us where you scored these? I've heard of the super cheapo newer Chinese knock offs of the combiners being available on eBay, but I'm wondering if there might be a store I can find them locally. Probably a swap meet I'm guessing.

I got mine at a local (not a chain) grocery store. Why they had them, I have no clue.

If you have a Family Dollar store (not everything is $1 but the same trend of cheaper junk as regular dollar stores), you might find them there.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I got mine at a local (not a chain) grocery store. Why they had them, I have no clue.

If you have a Family Dollar store (not everything is $1 but the same trend of cheaper junk as regular dollar stores), you might find them there.[/quote]

Thanks. Unfortunately, there aren't any Family Dollar Stores in all of Cali!

Just checked the store locator and it returned "there are no stores within 120 miles of your location". Oh well...

Walgreens.. They are part of the 5.99 each or buy 2 get 1 free for 11.98. They have Devastator and Superion in original G1 colors and then Bruitcus in the camo deco and Defensor in the g2 color. I buy these by the cases when ever I can at walgreens and sell the on ebay and $40-45 per set of 4. Cant get enough of these.

I found the Devastator, Defensor, and Superion knock-offs at Big Lots last summer. $6.99 each I think. The quality is piss poor, but they do look cool.

Awesome, I'll take a look at Big Lots and Walgreens.

In other news...I'm pretty sure Walmart is going to cancel my MP Starscream orders, damn it.

Just ran across my old collection pics. I've since moved the whole setup upstairs into my office and added a LOT. Zero movie figures though. Blech... Sorry the pics aren't any bigger.

PDRM0050.jpg

PDRM0064.jpg

PDRM0053.jpg

PDRM0055.jpg

PDRM0056.jpg

PDRM0057.jpg

PDRM0058.jpg

PDRM0059.jpg

PDRM0060.jpg

PDRM0061.jpg

PDRM0062.jpg

PDRM0063.jpg