Transformers: War for Cybertron - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I finally picked this game up this pass weekend. When I did the install I thought something was wrong with my slim PS3. The install took close to 30 minutes!!!![/QUOTE]
It was the same on my one friends' families 40gb PS3. It took forever, so it's not just your experience. The same happened with my slim PS3 too.
[quote name='8bitArtist']yeah he is dlc along with other characters and maps for $10. cheapest, you should have sold that dlc code when it was going for $100 on ebay. im sure most CAGs use ebay as well, so just face the fact that youll have to begrudgingly play through the campaign.[/QUOTE]
I just don't wanna deal with paying fees and such, which is why I don't deal with Paypal, even though I have an account on there finally.

But I did notice some folks on the PS3 game trading thread on here who have some games I might wanna play and they were looking for TF:WFC, so maybe I'll hit them up and see if we can make a deal for a reasonable swap.

yes i did. i was lucky enough to boost during the 2xp weekend and then 2 week later, they did the 4xp weekend. during the 4xp weekend tho, i only had about 6 levels left between all 4 characters.

once i got all to lvl 25, i unlocked prime mode, got the plat, took it outta my ps3 and sold it. ahahaha

No trophies, just maps and characters. I only have the first DLC that had 5 characters (Jazz, Shockwave, Demolisher, Onslaught, and Scattershot) and 2 maps. I'm passing on the other DLC that only has 2 characters (Zeta Prime and some Decepticon).

[quote name='icedrake523']No trophies, just maps and characters. I only have the first DLC that had 5 characters (Jazz, Shockwave, Demolisher, Onslaught, and Scattershot) and 2 maps. I'm passing on the other DLC that only has 2 characters (Zeta Prime and some Decepticon).[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, I figured that much... I'm not a big fan of additional maps and characters, but the error message "you don't have this map" is getting on my nerves. Man, you get kicked out of a "found" game because you don't have the map? That's super lame... What's lamer is that you can't even specify to play MP only with the maps that are on the disc. Oh yeah, you can't host a public game either, WTF?!

I only playing MP because I want that platinum trophy, good luck trying to sell me additional DLCs that are not needed to plat the game :lol: On the other hand, if the DLCs have new trophies, I might be interested.

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah thanks, I figured that much... I'm not a big fan of additional maps and characters, but the error message "you don't have this map" is getting on my nerves. Man, you get kicked out of a "found" game because you don't have the map? That's super lame... What's lamer is that you can't even specify to play MP only with the maps that are on the disc. Oh yeah, you can't host a public game either, WTF?!

I only playing MP because I want that platinum trophy, good luck trying to sell me additional DLCs that are not needed to plat the game :lol: On the other hand, if the DLCs have new trophies, I might be interested.[/QUOTE]
Warhawk was the same way with people largely making games with the DLC map packs and me getting aggravated over being kicked out of various games because I didn't have the map they were playing on.

I also got annoyed cuz the game was mp ONLY and the random people you'd play against would kick your ass in half a second, you'd respawn and it'd happen again, repeat until you're almost pissed enough to throw the fuckin' controller.:bomb:

Well, to be fair, at least in Warhawk, you can setup your own clan, private matches... Not in Transformers War for Cybertron :whistle2:(

And yeah, I agree, getting your ass kicked over and over by the same method or same players SUCKS. Well, that's why I avoid MP... Private matches are okay though, playing with people you know is the way to go with MP (duh). Public matches, in general, chaotic as hell. Unfortunately in WFC, no EXPs given in private matches :whistle2:(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Warhawk was the same way with people largely making games with the DLC map packs and me getting aggravated over being kicked out of various games because I didn't have the map they were playing on.

I also got annoyed cuz the game was mp ONLY and the random people you'd play against would kick your ass in half a second, you'd respawn and it'd happen again, repeat until you're almost pissed enough to throw the fuckin' controller.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

thats going to happen with any mp game you get into after its been out for a year or more. i tried the warhawk 1 hour demo and aside frm a few kills here and there i got demolished but it was fun. part of the fun is learing the game and geting better.

but i do agree with how annoying it is not t be able to play because of not having map packs. thats a big motivation for why i got rid of codwaw. well that and i dont like how easy it is to die in that game. that is one f those games you take 2 steps and you die lol.

im looking foward to trying the mp in this transformers game too but i really hope they add more g1 skins/characters to the game. like g1 prowl or hound.

[quote name='lokizz']thats going to happen with any mp game you get into after its been out for a year or more. i tried the warhawk 1 hour demo and aside frm a few kills here and there i got demolished but it was fun. part of the fun is learing the game and geting better.

but i do agree with how annoying it is not t be able to play because of not having map packs. thats a big motivation for why i got rid of codwaw. well that and i dont like how easy it is to die in that game. that is one f those games you take 2 steps and you die lol.

im looking foward to trying the mp in this transformers game too but i really hope they add more g1 skins/characters to the game. like g1 prowl or hound.[/QUOTE]
Meh. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I play games to have fun and to me having to play and play and 'learn' the game and 'practice' is NOT fun for me.

I prefer a game I can just pick up and do what I want in it, which is why I play a ton of GTA and RDR free roam. I hate the structured modes like deathmatch or ones with objectives unless they're something where I'm playing against NPC's with other players as my teammates(aka Uncharted 2's 'storyline' type mp modes). Although I only like those kind of modes when playing with friends, since random players tend to be team killing assholes half the time.:roll:

Personally I'd like a city I could free roam in and cause Mercenaries style destruction of in a mp game(aka buildings collapsing n shit), as I'm even getting sick of free roam in GTA due to the fact you can unload 20 RPG's into a building and the only damage that shows up is a little crack in one corner.:roll:

CheapestG, man, you demand realism in video games :lol:
Games are pretty much like other talents, you have to practice to get better. Some people are quick with buttons, some people are quick to interactions in the game, some people are just good remembering patterns... Part of the fun is to find your comfort zone. Honestly, I sucked in WFC, very bad! But you know what? The more I play MP or Escalation, I'm doing a lot better, like saving ammo for later, points to spend, smarter plans to revive downed partners etc...

I got my ass kicked so badly when I first started MP (level 0, ahem, ZERO). I almost gave up, I mean I have no chance with those bullies at all! After realizing the upgrades, weapon weaknesses, special abilities, healing spots and most importantly, working together with my teammates, I do a lot better.

Most gamers pick up the pace fast, but I'm always a slow learner :lol:

5x!? holy shit. its like they are trying to kill their MP. there only a few 1000 that play the MP now and when people unlock prime mode, they usually stop playing (with the exception of the few dedicated fan boys).

Yep, the "fun" lasted for the whole weekend... Finally unlocked Prime Mode and behold, all of the levels reset to ZERO again :whistle2:(

Anyway, no way in hell I'm gonna play public MP matches ever again! IMO, MP sucks... I had my PS3 freeze on me a freaking number of times. Sometimes I think I lost EXP points!

Now that I finished the level 25 business (a pain, major pain I'm telling you), I'm going to play Escalation. IMO, Escalation is a lot of fun, way way way more fun that MP.

[quote name='Serpentor']Yep, the "fun" lasted for the whole weekend... Finally unlocked Prime Mode and behold, all of the levels reset to ZERO again :whistle2:(.[/QUOTE]

well yeah, thats the whole point. haha. so its basically like, stop playing now that you have the plat or start all over again with no good power ups. haha. i think ill just stop :cool:

got this a week or so ago and just finished it and eh. it was an ok game and all but kind of unbalanced in ways. it could have used a button dedicated to cover since the generic (stand behind this big ass block) doesnt always work when being shot from many diff directions.

the decepticon campaign was boring and pretty forgetable as was the liineup of decepticons. the autobot campaign had some prety fun moments and a much better lineup of characters but on either side the jet characters felt kind of useless and being a jet didnt feel like it had any decent benifits.

played it from start to finish on hard difficulty and aside for a few cheap boss battles the game was easy. probably shines more as a co-op game since if you go solo the npcs on your team are idiots.

bread's done
Back