Trauma Center discussion

im playing this game now thru online rental. i wished i bought this game instead of trace. memory. since i'm playing this game right now.....do u guys think i should still buy this game? i mean, it is a short game isnt it?

eah, mother fuckers convinced me to buy Nanastray...rare my ass.

Oh well, this and Lost in Blue for me tomorrow at the mall (GS/EB). They and BB are the only people in my city and the bordering one that know of it. Damn.

I really want this, hope I can get one. >

Yeah....i told intothegame.com (video game rental) that i'm never gonna return this game to them.

they offered me a good deal to keep it. so its mine now.

does anyone know if there is actually an advantage to getting good rankings on each operation? is something unlocked if you get all S rankings or something, or is it strictly for high scores?

To everyone who said "its comning if you have a gs/etc" or "order from GS", I guess you didn't look at my location. BC isn't a state :p

Wow, got this today. Torn between playing Castlevania and Trauma Center. Only at the start of chaper 2 but it's really, really cool... I'm really good at killing people! ;)

Best moment yet, when I accidently hit the laser button and fried the guy's spleen. Oops! ;)

Don't get this because it might be rare; get this cause it's awesome.

daroga

DAMNIT. This game is pissing me off! "Draw a small circle around the afflicted area".

*draws a small circle and nothing happens*

*draws ten more small circles and nothing happens*

*draws a huge circle*

"You zoomed in on the wrong area! Draw a small circle to zoom out!"

WTF ever. At the third hemmorage, I drew at least 45 small circles to zoom in and NOTHING happened. He sat there and bled to death. !@#($* &!@(*#&$!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now it's pissing me off with the stitching up on 1-8 on the accident victim. "Stitch it up!". Okay. One stitched up. Two. Three. Four. Fi.. Fi.. Fi..

*makes a hundred lines up and down the wound, none of them registering as stitching it closed*

TIME LIMIT OVER

:applause: way to make a great game, Atlus.

//edit: What do you know, doing the same thing for the 162nd time really worked afterall.

Is this game FUN?

Because everyone told me to buy Yoshi Touch and Go and I hated how simple it was, waste of money. And I kind of thought a few other games were overrated and overhyped. Not being a DS Grinch, just saying that's all.

wow... i haven't had nearly as much trouble as you...

i admit, the magnification tool was troubling at first, but as long as you don't close your circle, it works every time... for me at least...

[quote name='Requiem']Is this game FUN?

Because everyone told me to buy Yoshi Touch and Go and I hated how simple it was, waste of money. And I kind of thought a few other games were overrated and overhyped. Not being a DS Grinch, just saying that's all.[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty fun. It's really quite challenging already and I'm only about 45 minutes in (note that the challenge may be from lack of playing thus far. :) ). The story line is just corny enough to be funny and it leaves a lot of room for improvment. I've yet to get high than a C rank on any mission, but that's because I pretty much suck I guess.

If nothing else, give it a rent if you can. I think you'll probably like it.

daroga

i've gotten a B on one of them, and an A on the rocker's polyps... everything else has been C... i still have no idea how to actually increase your score and get a higher ranking.

[quote name='DocRamon']i've gotten a B on one of them, and an A on the rocker's polyps... everything else has been C... i still have no idea how to actually increase your score and get a higher ranking.[/QUOTE]

I think it's speed + accuracy. I can do neither. ;)

Practice in the challenge mode if you need to, Scorch ;)

anyway, I agree that the game can be frustratingly difficult at times.

I'm on a part now that is just driving me insane.. healing touch isn't enough to save me from failure on this one >,

[quote name='DocRamon']i've gotten a B on one of them, and an A on the rocker's polyps... everything else has been C... i still have no idea how to actually increase your score and get a higher ranking.[/QUOTE]

i just got this game, and it is the best game for the ds IMO, this is my kind of game

but i think to get A you need speed + accuracy + keep VITAL up

i didn't really try it yet, but i have a feeling thats how

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm heading out to the mall now to pick this game up. Wish me luck ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm getting it on friday when i get paid. Not having a DS be damned!

I might be getting this too, even though I don't have a DS. I'll probably get one soon "for my g/f" heh.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but this is what GAMEPRO said about it:
"Even if needles make you squeamish or you feel faint at the sight of blood, Trauma Center is a cure for what has been a spell of mediocrity on the DS. [Nov 2005, p.131] "

Sounds pretty good. Although, I don't agree with the "spell of mediocrity on the DS" comment. What more do you want from the poor system Gamepro?

Does this game have any x-ray stuff? Like taking them or diagnosing. I just started radiology school and thought this would be funny to be plaing at lunch and look like a kiss ass to my teacher.

PA or Lateral Chests and Decubitus X-ray are the most common things I have done so far.

[quote name='danny-o']Does this game have any x-ray stuff? Like taking them or diagnosing. I just started radiology school and thought this would be funny to be plaing at lunch and look like a kiss ass to my teacher.

PA or Lateral Chests and Decubitus X-ray are the most common things I have done so far.[/QUOTE]

It has ultrasound things to find tumors and stuff. I've not come across actual Xrays yet, but it's close enough to get you some brown-nosing points for sure. ;)

Advice for anyone getting stuck: go as fast as humanly possible and experiment with doing procedures in different orders-- a lot of times it all comes down to that.

Well, I called Game Stop in advance and had them hold the last copies of Trauma Center and Lost in Blue for me.

When I got there, the same guy who sold me Katamari Damacy was there, so we talked about that game for a bit.

Then I left.

I love the disclaimers in the manual.

Wow, talk about losing the fun fast...

In 2-4, the aneruism things don't stitch up at all.

I've tried 5 times, but every time I spend 9 minutes trying to stitch the first one.

What shit.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Wow, talk about losing the fun fast...

In 2-4, the aneruism things don't stitch up at all.

I've tried 5 times, but every time I spend 9 minutes trying to stitch the first one.

What shit.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me too... is this after you close them with the forceps? Make ONE stitch across the center of the aneruism, bam, done.

After you remove the aneurism and drain the blood, you have to grab on end with the forceps (tweezer-like things on the left side) and drag it to the other end.

I haven't tried this part yet, but Roufuss says that all you have to do is make one stitch through the middle to close it up.

I'll have to try that in a minute, thanks.

Another tip for you.. get all of the aneurisms on screen (i.e. shrink, cut and leave it) before you take any of them out. It will mostly keep new ones from popping up too fast for you to handle them, then you can just go take each one out in turn and close up the holes.

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']im on 2.4 too, and how do you get the two halves of the artery thingy together[/QUOTE]

Drag it with the forceps until they connect.

Sometimes the game does a bad job of helping you out =/

A tip for those on 2-4:

Remove the first two aneurisms.

Now, two new ones will pop up...or something like that. Shrink and use the scalpel on them, but DO NOT remove them. Once you have shrunk and scalpeled both on the screen, remove them until new ones pop up. Do the same for these, and remove once all are shrunk. Now the nure will tell you that the operation is done. Suddenly a buttload of aneurisms pop up and she spazs out. This is the tough part.

As soon as you gain control, zoom out and activate healing touch. Now, quickly zoom into a spot where you have access to 3 or more aneurisms. Shrink them and scalpel them. If they get really big, shrink them and them shrink others, as to avoid them bursting. The key is speed. Once you scalpel all (5, I think) aneurisms, all you have to do is make sure his vitals are stable, and remove, suck, and patch. If you lose, don't give up. It is pretty easy.

Here's another tip- when you're doing the second wave an aneurisms, get his vitals up high. Then you're less likely the have to stabilize them while in healing touch, losing time and risking a rupture.

Just a little help for those who may be having trouble, I know I did.

Edit: Now I'm stuck on the one where you have to remove the GUILT from Amy in two locations. I can get it out of the first area no problem. But I always run out of time on the second one. Argh!

[quote name='masterh']Anyone beat the mission where you remove the GUILT from Amy yet? I hate it. I hate, hate, hate it.[/QUOTE]

I just beat it about 5 minutes ago. Just remember to use the laser whenever you're not draining or injecting, which you'll have to do a lot less of if you keep the tumors off.

two people mention having trouble stitching, this is what u do:

think of the cut u gotta stitch up as a line connecting 2 points.

move your stylus to point A and zig zag to point B

words like 90% of the time.

I got an S on the "explosive patient"!! I think I got an A somewhre too, and I kno I got a B. everything else is C...

i loved the game initially but now its become tedious and annoying. no, its not that the difficulty is too much (which it is), but the game itself quits being "fun" after chapter 3.

so since im only in my 2nd day with the game and im starting to hate it, i think this definitely is a rent for most people. (note: that is an opinion. just because you love it doesnt mean everyone else will)

Got mine yesterday at Best Buy with the $10 off RED coupon. It's pretty awesome, I'm in chapter 4 already, played for about 3 hours. I think this is about as close to Nip/Tuck the game as I'll get for a while, so I'm thrilled.

[quote name='scp89']so what is the best deal available on this game??[/QUOTE]

As I said, I got mine from BB with the $10 off coupon, making it $19.99 plus tax. That's probably your best bet, unless the people at your BB don't accept the coupon for console games (which they might not).

i just got it today from best buy. I had to pay $29.99 since I had a prick cashier who wouldn't take the $10 off coupon or a GGC. I am liking it so far. Between this and Castlevania, I am so glad I got a Ds three weeks ago.

In case anyone doesn't have it yet-- My copy that's on its way from EB.com is for sale-- $26 shipped 1st class. Feel free to pm me if you want it. Not selling it cause it sucks, I already have another copy :)

Edit: Sold to the man with moogle avatar!

finally got to play the copy I bought on Wednesday, over the weekend. i love the game so far. yes, it is challenging, but I like that about this game. I must've played through Chapter 2: Episode 4 (the aneurisms thing), with a friend of mine for over an hour and a half. sure we lost every single time we got to the final wave, but there was something great about starting up and trying again. I haven't beat that level yet, but I am looking forward to when I finally do :)

LET THE OPERATION BEGIN!!! Go DS.

holy crap this game is crazy fun!

i just beat the hemorrhaging thing in chapter 1-5 and the tension actually builds. barely finished in time.

Wow, 2-1 is really kicking me. I think I just got into a good pattern the last time I played. When I get back to it after my huge test tomorrow I should be in better shape :)

bread's done
Back