Trauma Center discussion

After I beat the story mode, I found that something called "undisclosed files" had been unlocked in the challenge mode. Holy mother of #&*($^FHD ... these operations are

H-A-R-D

This game is awesome.

[quote name='Shion']After I beat the story mode, I found that something called "undisclosed files" had been unlocked in the challenge mode. Holy mother of #&*($^FHD ... these operations are

H-A-R-D

This game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Cool, how many chapters are there?

i hope to have it in hand around tomorrow or thursday (shipped saturday from gamefly) i probally keep it till Friday or saturday and send it back so Fire el.. for the gamecube will ship next weds

Here's how I beat the Amy Mission

The first part is easy as there's only one virus to deal with.

Once you get to the second part, concentrate on taking out one pair. Use the laser from time to time to take out tumors that form, as they do damage to the vitals, also make sure you're keeping the vitals up from time to time. Once the first pair of tumors starts turning grey before you cut em out, ACTIVATE YOUR HEALING TOUCH. The grey matter still damages the vitals pretty quickly, so the healing touch gives you time to cut it out, and put the membrane on. With any healing touch time you have left, zap any extra tumors that have formed, and give her a couple injections if needed. Then focus on the second pair, it should be easy at that point.

Hope that helps

TC is an excellent, excellent game. I am very impressed with the variety of missions and how well the story plays into it.

I will say that there are times when the game doesn't tell you enough about what you need to do (Victor comes to mind). That gets infuriating at times, but not so much that it really interrupts the flow of the game. I hate thinking that some of the missions are designed in such a way that you are meant to lose them at first. Also I don't get why Dr. Kasal says "don't use the Healing Touch unless absolutely needed" since it appears that it is absolutely needed in the majority of the operations. I have gotten through some without using it, but it is necessary most of the time.

I have noticed that there are times when you can glitch the game. Especially with the bomb mission. After losing it a few times I was trying to rush through all the preliminary nonsense (after the fourth time you don't want or need to read it anymore), and at some point the assistant (Iron Vixen whoever) still had the Call button up, but my instruments were highlighted. We were looking at the detonators and I was able to remove all of them at once. Time wasn't progressing, water wasn't moving in the tanks, etc. Kind of like a hyper-extended flaming shyruken limit break bullet time Healing Touch. THEN I hit the Call button and it ended up going through the same set of dialogue/"omg the temperature is increasing, we need to hurry" stuff. (BTW, I still blew up, even though the detonators were all gone. GG Trauma Center...)

I could swear I've done similar things on a few other missions, where I can do something before I'm officially allowed to. I'm sure there's some coding that's very tedious so I don't blame anyone, and in all reality it isn't detrimental in most cases. If anything it lets you cheat slightly.

Magnification sucks but most people know that already. They could have mapped that to L/R and it would have worked just as well. Like maybe you hold L and tap where you want to magnify, and then press R to return.

Sidenote: I don't like working much with Victor, but he cracks me up. "The objective of this mission: Do whatever I tell you to do."

Really a fantastic game, I sincerely hope there is a sequel in the works, I'd pick it up in a second. I think I'm going to try and secure a few more copies for friends/possible trade value later on. This is honestly a sleeper game and I hope it gets the recognition it sorely deserves.

Yeah, it'd be a shame if more people don't pick it up...which will probably end up happening. The story is entertaining, the operations are intense, and it's truly an experience I can't get anywhere else.

I wonder what kind of print run this got. Seems like one of those niche games that wouldn't be aimed at a huge audience (though is excatly the type of game I got a DS for).

[quote name='daroga']I wonder what kind of print run this got. Seems like one of those niche games that wouldn't be aimed at a huge audience (though is excatly the type of game I got a DS for).[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering that too. Obviously everyone is like 'zomg atlus gaem rarez!1!' but I'm curious as to the actual numbers.

my local eb only got 5 copies. i was the only non-reserver to get one. I've heard it's sold out other places too, but i'm sure TRU got the majority of copies

All I know is I got the shelf copy at my Game Stop. And that Wal Mart, Target, and Kmart, either sold out pretty damn quick or didn't get it at all. Not sure about Best Buy, TRU or EB though.

Okay, what the hell.

I finally beat Amy's mission, thinking I'll finally be able to move on...

And I have to diffuse a goddamn bomb?

How the ELL am I supposed to let water out of the suction thing? I have no clue, and I'm really pissed.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Okay, what the hell.

I finally beat Amy's mission, thinking I'll finally be able to move on...

And I have to diffuse a goddamn bomb?

How the ELL am I supposed to let water out of the suction thing? I have no clue, and I'm really pissed.[/QUOTE]
first you tap on the right bucket and move up to hold the water. Then you tap the left bucket to open the tube, and move the water down.

Now if someone got through the last mission in chapeter 3 I wont mind getting help on the pattern.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm wondering that too. Obviously everyone is like 'zomg atlus gaem rarez!1!' but I'm curious as to the actual numbers.[/QUOTE]

hehehe, yeah. I have to laugh at people buying this as an investment. Sales stats should prove interesting, though.

Yeah, especially since half of them leave it sealed, hoping for more money later, and are missing out on a great game.

62t, are you talking about the pattern to the mission where you have to save the littler African boy?

Becuase now I can't get that one. The GUILT things keep multiplying, no matter what I do.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']All I know is I got the shelf copy at my Game Stop. And that Wal Mart, Target, and Kmart, either sold out pretty damn quick or didn't get it at all. Not sure about Best Buy, TRU or EB though.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart didn't receive it at all, all we got is Castlevania last week. We don't generally get Atlus stuff since it dosen't sell well at our locations (for obvious reasons).

Best Buy got in plenty of copies at the stores I've been to.

[quote name='Roufuss']K-Mart didn't receive it at all, all we got is Castlevania last week. We don't generally get Atlus stuff since it dosen't sell well at our locations (for obvious reasons).

Best Buy got in plenty of copies at the stores I've been to.[/QUOTE]

May I ask how many copies of Castlevania youre store got in?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Yeah, especially since half of them leave it sealed, hoping for more money later, and are missing out on a great game.

62t, are you talking about the pattern to the mission where you have to save the littler African boy?

Becuase now I can't get that one. The GUILT things keep multiplying, no matter what I do.[/QUOTE]

Two things to remember for this strain of GUILT.

1. Work from one edge and push the membranes towards the opposite edge. Since the membranes don't reproduce PAST the edge, you want to basically "corner" it.

2. When you attack it, take only enough pieces so that the whole retains a unjagged shape. If you leave triangles poking out, they will quickly reproduce and form new rows/columns.

Save your HT for the last 7ish of the membranes, as they diminish, their rate of regeneration seems to increase.

Good luck doctor!

[quote name='Shion']Two things to remember for this strain of GUILT.

1. Work from one edge and push the membranes towards the opposite edge. Since the membranes don't reproduce PAST the edge, you want to basically "corner" it.

2. When you attack it, take only enough pieces so that the whole retains a unjagged shape. If you leave triangles poking out, they will quickly reproduce and form new rows/columns.

Save your HT for the last 7ish of the membranes, as they diminish, their rate of regeneration seems to increase.

Good luck doctor![/QUOTE]well,

if ure actually gonna use healing touch

u can just activate it at the beginning,

remove all the thorns,

cut,

remove.

Im on the chapter 6 version of Triti,

with healing touch it takes only 30 seconds to solve.

but I really wanna figure out the pattern, I wanna solve it w/o HT

It's funny that some of you are claiming that the healing touch is a must for the majority of the operations, because I've used it maybe twice since the "blackout" operation (Amy and the African boy)... other than that it's definately not been necessary, at least in my view and I don't consider myself the best gamer in the world.

[quote name='slidecage']im like stuck on like 2-4[/QUOTE]
scroll up a bit, someone gave a detail descripition on what to do.

[quote name='me']A tip for those on 2-4:

Remove the first two aneurisms.

Now, two new ones will pop up...or something like that. Shrink and use the scalpel on them, but DO NOT remove them. Once you have shrunk and scalpeled both on the screen, remove them until new ones pop up. Do the same for these, and remove once all are shrunk. Now the nure will tell you that the operation is done. Suddenly a buttload of aneurisms pop up and she spazs out. This is the tough part.

As soon as you gain control, zoom out and activate healing touch. Now, quickly zoom into a spot where you have access to 3 or more aneurisms. Shrink them and scalpel them. If they get really big, shrink them and them shrink others, as to avoid them bursting. The key is speed. Once you scalpel all (5, I think) aneurisms, all you have to do is make sure his vitals are stable, and remove, suck, and patch. If you lose, don't give up. It is pretty easy.

Here's another tip- when you're doing the second wave an aneurisms, get his vitals up high. Then you're less likely the have to stabilize them while in healing touch, losing time and risking a rupture.

Just a little help for those who may be having trouble, I know I did.[/quote]

This is how I did it. I posted this up a bit, hope it helps Slidecage!

I'm now on the mission where you have to save 5 patients in 10 minutes. I know you just have to survive until backup comes, but I always die. ><

The misson with the Health Commissioner or whatever, where you went in like, 3 times, and had to solve the puzzles for it- Yeah. The last operation, where you remove the GUILT....it was hard. I think. But it was fun, knowing that I could do it if I got on the ball.

I find this game to be one where I don't get really mad when Ican't do something. I dunno. Great game.

Finally, I just pickup Trauma Center for $21.XX (after $10 off Red Magz coupon) today at BB 6:00 pm. Also, notes BB will not carry "Phoenix Wright ".

Hope, CC have it instock so i can pricematch with BB $10 off Red Magz coupon ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Finally, I just pickup Trauma Center for $21.XX (after $10 off Red Magz coupon) today at BB 6:00 pm. Also, notes BB will not carry "Phoenix Wright ".

Hope, CC have it instock so i can pricematch with BB $10 off Red Magz coupon ;)[/QUOTE]

What is this coupon you speak of?

I finally beat the aneurism level. I just took my time with it, and made sure his vitals were really high. I just finished the level with the depressed girl being rushed into emergency.

Now that I'm done with Castlevania: DS, I'm going to try and give this great little game my full attention haha :)

[quote name='asianxcore']I finally beat the aneurism level. I just took my time with it, and made sure his vitals were really high. I just finished the level with the depressed girl being rushed into emergency.

Now that I'm done with Castlevania: DS, I'm going to try and give this great little game my full attention haha :)[/QUOTE]
in the same situation as you are, just finished Castlevania and now onto Trauma Center.

..then again, i still need to beat Lost in Blue..

...and Phoenix Wright comes out this week...

....and i haven't even touched Advance Wars in a month....

hehe. I put castlevania on hold for Trauma Center, and I'm doing it again for Phoenix Wright. I guess I'll get to it after I finish Phoenix. I'm not much of a Castlevania fan, but I couldn't pass up a chance to get the DS' "killer app" before it disappeared like the GBA castlevania games.

After CV, I'll probably try to finish Lost in Blue.. and then make it back to Advance Wars. The DS is getting more attention from me than anything else lately, its kinda crazy.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']
I'm now on the mission where you have to save 5 patients in 10 minutes. I know you just have to survive until backup comes, but I always die. >

I just traded in my old, broken PS2 at EB for this. Hopefully I can try it out tonight, I'm currently trying to get all my studying done before the Cardinals game comes on. :-({|=

This game is harddddddd

What the hell are you supposed to do on the first operation of chapter two. Those things deultrasound way too fast!

Also if someone would take a second to open their Trauma Center case and tell me the order of the paperwork I'd appreciate it.

Damnz. Stuck on the mission after 5 patients in 10 minutes. The one with thehexagonal (or whatever) GUILT. I always run out of goddamn time!!!!!!

[quote name='The VGM']What the hell are you supposed to do on the first operation of chapter two. Those things deultrasound way too fast![/QUOTE]

Is that the one where you use the ultrasound to find the tumors? If so, locate the tumors, use the scalpel to cut them (just cut over the black hole), suction out the green stuff, use the scalpel on the yellow things, put the cloth over the hole, put the medicine on the cloth, use the hand tool to rub the medicine into the cloth and smooth the cloth.. voila

[quote name='Scorch']Is that the one where you use the ultrasound to find the tumors? If so, locate the tumors, use the scalpel to cut them (just cut over the black hole), suction out the green stuff, use the scalpel on the yellow things, put the cloth over the hole, put the medicine on the cloth, use the hand tool to rub the medicine into the cloth and smooth the cloth.. voila[/QUOTE]

rofl, no. Tumors are easy. These little things keep clogging the dudes pancreas or something like that and you have to grab them with the tweezers.

AH!

VGM...

After you ultrasound them, you have the grab them with the tweezers to halt their movement, then you have to suction them (I think). Then, after suctioning, you have to give them the gel. Make sure to suction them all the way before gelling, or you'll have done nothing to help the situation.

Good luck!

I'm not sure, let me whip out the game and replay the mission. I can't remember off the top of my head.

While I'm searching, what do oyu mean by the order of the paperwork? ("Also if someone would take a second to open their Trauma Center case and tell me the order of the paperwork I'd appreciate it.")

I'll look if I know what you mean...=]

Edit: Okay.

Antibiotic green stuff, and open him up.

Magnify area, and then ultrasound. Once one is ultrasounded, clikc it with tweezers, then cut it with scalpel. Then suck, then anti gel. Repeat.

Once they're all gone, they reform and move hella fast. The healing touch should activate itself, and you repeat the process.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm not sure, let me whip out the game and replay the mission. I can't remember off the top of my head.

While I'm searching, what do oyu mean by the order of the paperwork? ("Also if someone would take a second to open their Trauma Center case and tell me the order of the paperwork I'd appreciate it.")

I'll look if I know what you mean...=][/QUOTE]

Like whats on the bottom, the booklet, the nintendo points thing or the ds user manual, whats in the middle, and whats on the top.

Ah.

Well, I edited my last post with some info about the operation...

My case came:

Trauma Center Guide
Health and Safety Book
Nintendo Power MY Nintendo thing

top to bottom.

Man, this game is actually really fun. I've just gotten to chapter 5-2 and I'm loving the game. I do think it's underrated at various sites, but that's probably because this is something that won't appeal to everyone.

Anyway, I'm glad I held on to this game.. I got it from EBGames.com for $20 and was considering selling it off before I opened it... well it's a good thing I didn't.

Some of the later missions are stupid and easy to get above C with. I've gotten one S, but besides that it's a bunch of Cs for me.

VGM, how do you like Castlevania? I'm getting it w/guide next week.

I don't know, I haven't played it yet. It was handed to me like 10 minutes ago. I don't like Castlevania's but I heard this was getting harder to find, so I got my copy before it was too late.

[quote name='The VGM']I don't know, I haven't played it yet. It was handed to me like 10 minutes ago. I don't like Castlevania's but I heard this was getting harder to find, so I got my copy before it was too late.[/QUOTE]

I see. Internet seems to be well stocked, and I don't think it'll go rare in anothe rweek...or at least I hope not =P

^I've gotten 4 A's, 3 B's and the rest C's. I'm in chapter 4-5 right now I think - wherever it is when you're operating on the fat guy with the beard (hope that's not too much of a spoiler). I haven't gotten any S's though.

bread's done
Back