TRU 2 Day Sale (3/23-3/24) - 30% off all headsets, 40% off Select Accessories, and...

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I saw this e-mail from Toys R Us with the following specials Friday and Saturday March 23rd and 24th:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...2312B%20TRU%20Roto%20Reminder%202-Day%20Deals

Highlights:

30% off all headsets

40% off select accessories:

a collection of
controllers for Xbox
360 & PS3​
Sale 17.99 - 29.99 ea.​
Shown: 112316, 112413, 112367​
Not shown: 112634, 112572, 112359

and Xbox Live 1 year for $39.99 (in-store only)

T&C:

2-Day bonus deals: Quantities limited; no rain checks. Selection varies by store. Please check your local Babies“R”Us/Toys“R”Us or online for availability. Sale prices are effective
online beginning at 9:00AM Eastern on first day of sale. Valid contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii. However, if a Puerto Rico store has the items advertised herein, it will honor
the discounts. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com​
for additional details.

ooh sounds interesting. While I was at BBY their gaming employee told me that there are rumors going around that Toys R Us are pulling out of gaming/electronics. These recent clearances/discounts seem to be further proof of this.

[quote name='mattcube64']Are those official X360/PS3 controllers? I could go for a second Dualshock 3 for $30.[/QUOTE]
Nope.

[quote name='sylveranking']ooh sounds interesting. While I was at BBY their gaming employee told me that there are rumors going around that Toys R Us are pulling out of gaming/electronics. These recent clearances/discounts seem to be further proof of this.[/QUOTE]

That would be a shame since i've been getting games from TRU since the Atari 2600 days, in the early 1980s. So many fond memories of my Dad, little brother and I going together to TRU and getting a new game back in 1981. :cry:

[quote name='icewolf74']That would be a shame since i've been getting games from TRU since the Atari 2600 days, in the early 1980s. So many fond memories of my Dad, little brother and I going together to TRU and getting a new game back in 1981. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Jesus, I always thought their foray into gaming was recent 0.o. Then again until I visited this website I had never stepped into a Toys R Us (well except one time when I bought the fat DS during the crazy holiday when it was impossible to find one).

[quote name='sylveranking']Jesus, I always thought their foray into gaming was recent 0.o. Then again until I visited this website I had never stepped into a Toys R Us (well except one time when I bought the fat DS during the crazy holiday when it was impossible to find one).[/QUOTE]

I dunno how far back it goes but I remember going and pulling the paper tab for final fantasy iii (6) for the snes and taking it up to the register to buy it.

[quote name='blankempathy']I dunno how far back it goes but I remember going and pulling the paper tab for final fantasy iii (6) for the snes and taking it up to the register to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, those were the days. I remember going in there and playing the demo unit of Turbo Grafix 16 till I beat Splatterhouse and picking tags for NES games. Those were the days.

If that Arkham City controller is 17.99 im going to be all over it.

I miss the tags for video game stuff. Toys R Us also use to have a shit-ton of "cool and weird" stuff. Unique controllers. The re-launched SNES, the Majesco-branded GameGear, unique store-exclusive controllers and memory cards. And they'd usually have stuff from a couple generations still hiding out in weird areas. Miss that :(

Kind of a neat story; but LOOOONG before I was ever even a thought in my mom's brain, and way before she knew she'd have a gaming nerd for a son; she actually worked in the little glass room up front in TRU and gave people their games after checking out.

[quote name='mattcube64']Figured it was too good to be true :(

Thanks, though![/QUOTE]
Yeah, just the usual Airflo and Batarang controllers. They literally must have a warehouse full of them.

[quote name='Kuma']Oh man, those were the days. I remember going in there and playing the demo unit of Turbo Grafix 16 till I beat Splatterhouse and picking tags for NES games. Those were the days.

If that Arkham City controller is 17.99 im going to be all over it.[/QUOTE]

im wondering that too since all the other controllers have been marked on the website except this one

[quote name='mattcube64']I miss the tags for video game stuff. Toys R Us also use to have a shit-ton of "cool and weird" stuff. Unique controllers. The re-launched SNES, the Majesco-branded GameGear, unique store-exclusive controllers and memory cards. And they'd usually have stuff from a couple generations still hiding out in weird areas. Miss that :(

Kind of a neat story; but LOOOONG before I was ever even a thought in my mom's brain, and way before she knew she'd have a gaming nerd for a son; she actually worked in the little glass room up front in TRU and gave people their games after checking out.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. I remember pulling the tag for Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS) with my mom. Then I worked there during the holidays, and it brought back so many memories. They had some pretty cute girls working there.

So I just called a store in Maryland, apparently the whole state is sold out of the Sony PS3 Wireless headsets. Guy said their warehouses have none, either, so it'll take at least 2 weeks for them to get to store.

W.T.F.? Were they all prematurely scalped, or did Toys R Us never bother to restock?

If it means anything to anyone that baterang controller is well worth the money, prolly the best wired controller for the 360 hands down if you can deal with the Batman theme.

[quote name='mattcube64']I miss the tags for video game stuff. Toys R Us also use to have a shit-ton of "cool and weird" stuff. Unique controllers. The re-launched SNES, the Majesco-branded GameGear, unique store-exclusive controllers and memory cards. And they'd usually have stuff from a couple generations still hiding out in weird areas. Miss that :(

Kind of a neat story; but LOOOONG before I was ever even a thought in my mom's brain, and way before she knew she'd have a gaming nerd for a son; she actually worked in the little glass room up front in TRU and gave people their games after checking out.[/QUOTE]

My local store still has the tags. Brings back memories of when I used to work in the little room full of games

[quote name='Ecofreak']So I just called a store in Maryland, apparently the whole state is sold out of the Sony PS3 Wireless headsets. Guy said their warehouses have none, either, so it'll take at least 2 weeks for them to get to store.

W.T.F.? Were they all prematurely scalped, or did Toys R Us never bother to restock?[/QUOTE]

Damn that's pretty crazy. I'm guessing they never or barely restock.

toys r us was a great store.

unfortunately, it's suffering from similar poor management as circuit city, kaybee toys, game crazy; etc.

toppled by greed, instead of acting in the best interest of its customers.

[rinse & repeat] nothing new.

I miss Kiddie City.

On topic can anyone give some input on the Power A Mini Wireless Elite.

I don't love the dualshock at all.

[quote name='ackbar7']My local store still has the tags. Brings back memories of when I used to work in the little room full of games[/QUOTE]

I loved those days. I remember my dad would take me to toys r us once a month to get a nintendo game and I loved bringing those tags to the small room full of games in the corner.

70 bucks for Official PS3 7.1 headset...that deal is great. Can anyone confirm if these are still hissy from the 4.10 FW update on the PS3? I want one so bad, but the problem is a huge drawback, but I could also use it for my PC as well.

Thanks OP! I'll be going to the TRU near my work in an hour or so. Hopefully they still have some Batman 360 controllers and PS3 headsets in stock.

I remember pulling SNES barcoded sheets from a long aisle and getting my mom to pay 50 for a cartridge game, and then going to that counter. Good times.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Anyone know if any vita accesories are included? Tried to look on the site but navigating on my phone at work isn't happenin[/QUOTE]

The "accessories" coupon he mentions states its for a collection of ps3 and 360 controllers, so no go on anything but whatever controllers the coupon will work on.

bread's done
Back