TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad it's $19.99 and under since TRU has absolutely nothing in that range I want.  Too bad they won't drop the ICO pack there like everyone else...

I was wondering why the ps4 preorder isn't free shipping like all the other sites ?? Have some credit here thought I could use it on a ps4 preorder..

Josh,

You need to consult with TRU's "deal-making" department, Doc Louis-style. :boxing:

It's definitely not going to be over night :) Took a bit for KG to start the engines itself.

I was wondering why the ps4 preorder isn't free shipping like all the other sites ?? Have some credit here thought I could use it on a ps4 preorder..
I know they are diving into video game shipment pricing based on all or your great feedback. I'll keep pinging them.

Sooo ... when do the good deals start showing up ;)
On one hand, sometimes I do not think TRU gets as much credit as they deserve for their promotional depth and cadence they already execute but I also see a tremendous amount of opportunity for contextually relevant offers. It's definitely going to be a process but I'm hoping by the meat of the release calendar we'll get a good road map going.

Josh,

You need to consult with TRU's "deal-making" department, Doc Louis-style. :boxing:

It's definitely not going to be over night :) Took a bit for KG to start the engines itself.

I know they are diving into video game shipment pricing based on all or your great feedback. I'll keep pinging them.

Sooo ... when do the good deals start showing up ;)
On one hand, sometimes I do not think TRU gets as much credit as they deserve for their promotional depth and cadence they already execute but I also see a tremendous amount of opportunity for contextually relevant offers. It's definitely going to be a process but I'm hoping by the meat of the release calendar we'll get a good road map going.
You might want to start by asking they why they bothered to send out a "friends and family" 20% off coupon today that excluded video games once again. I get that video games aren't always a huge margin item, but surely they can spare 20% for a single video game to get people in the door.

It's actually a really valid point, if TRU simply included videogames (not systems obviously) in 90% of their deals (coupons, offers, etc), I think I would shop there quite a bit more. However, within the past two years, TRU went from a place I usually visited at least monthly to a place I hardly ever shop.

Some of the giftcard deals at TRU a few years ago were really great, but being able to even use something like a 20% off coupon might make the difference in where I decide to pick up a new game. On a fundamental level, I'm still a fan of TRU, but I do feel like they've almost worked to discourage deal seekers from shopping there, realizing they can get higher profits from uneducated consumers who simply buy games as gifts or get guilted into impulse buys by their kids.

If you could bring back the TRU playbook from a few years ago .. deals that can be stacked or rolled over from game to game (ala Best Buy currently, but starting at TRU a few years ago), I think TRU would be much more appealing to gamers. Also, TRU has often had incentives that are only available there ... I would use those tie-ins more heavily in the future. A good example would be tying in exclusive collectible toys to new games ... like a TRU specific skylander you can only get with a pre-order of the new game ... or a special collectible for the new pokemon games coming out ... stuff like that also adds appeal. The timed, one day deals were also kind of fun and, in retrospect, not common among other retailers.

The past few months though, I have to say that TRU has felt dead in the water though ... hopefully things will start to change now that they have someone who understands good deals at the helm.

Josh,

What is TRU obsession with the $19.99 value games? Do they buy more inventory then other retailers? It seems like every single freakin' week they have a B1G1 40% off or buy "X" new release get any budget game for $5.

Josh,

What is TRU obsession with the $19.99 value games? Do they buy more inventory then other retailers? It seems like every single freakin' week they have a B1G1 40% off or buy "X" new release get any budget game for $5.
I think they might have more older game inventory in-stores then competitors. Based on 3 standalone stores I've visited in NYC, excluding Time Square, I saw many older games that many other retailers sold online primarily. About 20% - 30% of games I saw in the display cases were clearance or value games, so they need get the games moving somehow.

how does TRU charge your card for your online orders? when it ships or?

Yes, when it ships

Important Payment Information

• An important note about debit and credit card transactions:
  • Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed. This is known as an "authorization hold" and typically lasts from 3-7 days, depending upon the policy of your bank.

how does TRU charge your card for your online orders? when it ships or?

Yes, when it ships

Important Payment Information

• An important note about debit and credit card transactions:
  • Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed. This is known as an "authorization hold" and typically lasts from 3-7 days, depending upon the policy of your bank.
thanks, does occur closer to the ship date or is it a period check of funds? im thinking about preordering something that doesn't come out until october

Josh,

I think they might have more older game inventory in-stores then competitors. Based on 3 standalone stores I've visited in NYC, excluding Time Square, I saw many older games that many other retailers sold online primarily. About 20% - 30% of games I saw in the display cases were clearance or value games, so they need get the games moving somehow.

Couple of reasons actually. To move through older, clearance games as you say but also, they have good relationships with their value video game distribution partner(s) that results in promotional opportunities.

So I'm confused over here..  I noticed that The Last of Us buy it for $60 get a $19.99 game for 75% off is valid today and tomorrow.  I just got back from my local TRU and the video game clerk said that he can't put copies of TLOU out until this upcoming Tuesday, therefore I couldn't get the sale today, which is the apparent release date.  I asked him about the deal itself and he seemed familiar with it, but he told me that the specific deal starts Tuesday the 17th which is their release shelf date.

I'm getting conflicting stories here.  Anyone??? Bueller???

Hey Josh,

Is there a way you can tell TRU to update their paper sheet system?

I recently went to Yuma's store looking for MGS 3D and since it wasn't at floor they told me they were out.

I kindly asked them to check the warehouse, 1 o 2 copies appeared on google shopping/milo, so they indeed had it.

Wouldn't mind searching myself, but it is against policy to let us in.

Thanks in advance!

So I'm confused over here.. I noticed that The Last of Us buy it for $60 get a $19.99 game for 75% off is valid today and tomorrow. I just got back from my local TRU and the video game clerk said that he can't put copies of TLOU out until this upcoming Tuesday, therefore I couldn't get the sale today, which is the apparent release date. I asked him about the deal itself and he seemed familiar with it, but he told me that the specific deal starts Tuesday the 17th which is their release shelf date.

I'm getting conflicting stories here. Anyone??? Bueller???
The employee is wrong. The game releases today, the deal is valid today.

So I'm confused over here.. I noticed that The Last of Us buy it for $60 get a $19.99 game for 75% off is valid today and tomorrow. I just got back from my local TRU and the video game clerk said that he can't put copies of TLOU out until this upcoming Tuesday, therefore I couldn't get the sale today, which is the apparent release date. I asked him about the deal itself and he seemed familiar with it, but he told me that the specific deal starts Tuesday the 17th which is their release shelf date.

I can confirm that it is out today. The package the games came in had "Do not sell before 6/14/2013". Having games released on Friday is a bit unusual, maybe this is why the employee you spoke with thought next Tuesday.

Josh,

Couple of reasons actually. To move through older, clearance games as you say but also, they have good relationships with their value video game distribution partner(s) that results in promotional opportunities.
Oh man, i've really been outta the loop. Just finding out that Josh is back

Congrats on the new gig/biz! Best of luck
Hope you remembered to crack the windows open for StockBoy once ya left;).

Here's my selfish request: make sure you get a deal for Rocksmith 2014 (maybe free DLC songs or xbla/psn cards)

Anyway, welcome back.

Oh man, i've really been outta the loop. Just finding out that Josh is back

Congrats on the new gig/biz! Best of luck
Hope you remembered to crack the windows open for StockBoy once ya left;).

Here's my selfish request: make sure you get a deal for Rocksmith 2014 (maybe free DLC songs or xbla/psn cards)

Anyway, welcome back.
Thank you very much :) I will definitely push this deal request over to them.

Hey Josh,

Is there a way you can tell TRU to update their paper sheet system?

I recently went to Yuma's store looking for MGS 3D and since it wasn't at floor they told me they were out.

I kindly asked them to check the warehouse, 1 o 2 copies appeared on google shopping/milo, so they indeed had it.

Wouldn't mind searching myself, but it is against policy to let us in.

Thanks in advance!
I will relay this feedback right away. Thanks!

Please let me know if it did work or out or not, I would love to give them an update and help anyway I can.

I wouldnt mind TRU having them clean out those dusty warehouses, similar to the whipping you gave Kmart to display some of the games buried in the cabinets.

They are sending me the deal information today for the next few weeks, thank you for your patience. Good learning lesson on timing for me and not having direct access. 

More half off guide sales would be nice.

^^this! My store has tons of old guides priced at msrp. Would be nice to have them at clearance prices. 75-90% off would be awesome.

FRONTBURNR Exclusive offer (valid through 6/22) Coupons in link

Just getting started, will become very familiar:

• $10 gift card with purchase of Remember Me (Reg. $59.99
  • $30 off PS3 Move Sharpshooter (Reg. $39.99) 
More just happy to get these started big step actually more so than it seems. 

Updated OP - Following up on upcoming/current deals. Just waiting on an email. 

Online Only: Pre-order Deadpool for $37.50 (Reg. $49.99)

Unadvertised deal Buy 1 Get 1 Free through 6-22 select Xbox 360 Platinum Hits

Buy 1 get 1 FREE In-store (Select 360 Platinum Hits)

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Dead Island Game of the Year
  • Dead Space 2
  • Forza 3 Ultimate
  • Gears of War 
  • Grand Theft Auto 4 Liberty City
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Halo Wars
  • Left 4 Dead 
  • Midnight Club Los Angeles
  • Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
  • Plants Vs. Zombies
  • Portal 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection
  • Skate 3

Unadvertised deal Buy 1 Get 1 Free through 6-22 select Xbox 360 Platinum Hits:

• Dead Space 2
  • Forza 3 Ultimate
  • Gears of War
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Halo Wars
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Plants Vs. Zombies
  • Portal 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Skate 3
It feel's really weird to correct* the TRU deal rep, but it's valid online as well http://www.toysrus.com/promo/index.jsp?promoId=22323946
But many of the game's are not the platinum hit's or GOTY version on the site. So in store is probably still the best route.

hmm, on line doesn't show portal 2?
Like he had pointed out originally, and the sale mentions, it is for the Greatest Hit's/Platinum Hits versions. I did find it on the site, (Had to add some keywords to the search) but it was not listed at $19.99 and was not the platinum hits version, and also did not apply with the promo. So when going into the store tomorrow make sure you specifically grab the platinum hits as I am fairly certain the system DOES differentiate between the two, that is why online there is a smaller selection (They probably didnt want to have two listings for the same game).

Is the Buy One get one free going on right now?
Yes it is! It is unadvertised right now but from what they said there will be an email blast Thursday and Friday that announces it. However, it is currently active.

Unadvertised deal Buy 1 Get 1 Free through 6-22 select Xbox 360 Platinum Hits:

• Dead Space 2
  • Forza 3 Ultimate
  • Gears of War
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Halo Wars
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Plants Vs. Zombies
  • Portal 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Skate 3
It feel's really weird to correct* the TRU deal rep, but it's valid online as well http://www.toysrus.com/promo/index.jsp?promoId=22323946
But many of the game's are not the platinum hit's or GOTY version on the site. So in store is probably still the best route.
Always feel free to correct me, especially when I'm wrong lol :) Just reiterating what I was told but you are totally right, it does look like .com is echoing the promotion with what they have online. I'll post your link in the OP.

Josh,

Part of the reason my store always has a huge inventory of these games (despite repeated promotions) is the manner in which the inventory is displayed. They are hoarded in a large metal bin that is approximately 3' wide by 3' long by 3' deep - and you cannot see jack sh-- without digging through it like you're a treasure hunter. :(

I'd like to take advantage of this deal, but I only buy 360 exclusives since I prefer the PS3.  Only ones I don't have are Left 4 Dead and Halo Wars, but Wars doesn't look that appealing.  

Josh,

Part of the reason my store always has a huge inventory of these games (despite repeated promotions) is the manner in which the inventory is displayed. They are hoarded in a large metal bin that is approximately 3' wide by 3' long by 3' deep - and you cannot see jack sh-- without digging through it like your a treasure hunter. :(
Not wrong there. My wife works at a TRU. One day she took it upon herself to alphabetize and pull the PS3 & 360 "value" games out of the well I call them schlock bins and they started to fly off the shelves. Unfortunately though most of the staff that actually works there let it go and now it's basically back to where it started. I think the main issue with TRU is addressing these issues with store management. I hope that TRU can get back to how it was about 10 yrs ago in regards to gaming.

Wow! Great to see you've moved on to some great new ventures with TRU! Can't wait to see more deals.

As I'm going to be getting a WiiU and 3DS this year, any all deals you can plan for new or existing releases of either would be GREAT. If there's anything that involves gift cards as well, myself and my 5 y/o daughter would put to great use! :bouncy:

BTW did Stockboy jump ship with you also? lol

Wow! Great to see you've moved on to some great new ventures with TRU! Can't wait to see more deals.

As I'm going to be getting a WiiU and 3DS this year, any all deals you can plan for new or existing releases of either would be GREAT. If there's anything that involves gift cards as well, myself and my 5 y/o daughter would put to great use! :bouncy:

Stockboy is now the head buyer at Kmart. He took my spot when I moved on. We still keep in touch for sure.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Stockboy is now the head buyer at Kmart. He took my spot when I moved on. We still keep in touch for sure.

Thank you for the encouragement!
It's like in the movies, where he becomes evil, and only you can stop him. (hides)

Wow, I had no idea he was back.

I'm mostly a PC player these days but if you can get good deals on Nintendo titles I'm there. 

My biggest problem with TRU deals has been that they kind of sound good, but it ends up being something silly like buy 2 games at full price and get one for 40% off, but it's only games under $23 or something and then all they have is a bunch of kids cartoon games because it's obvious that all the stuff they aren't trying to dump out is priced at $25+... etc.

Last deal I got from them was the WiiU release games B1G1 40% off. 

why 40% though? People feel like they're getting more with 50% and its easier for people to see in their head what the price reduction is. I feel like you should be able to pretty easily tell what the price of something is going to be or what the discount will be. If i'm having to pull out my calculator on my phone and then kind of feel like "eh, it's kind of a good deal" I should just walk away.

I did like the deals they were doing for a short bit where you got a gift card for $20 or so with a new release game. 

Last edited:
I got an email about 2 for $40 3ds games. Said there were more in store. Is there a definitive list somewhere?
Yes, I'll get this posted shortly.

3DS ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY $29.99

3DS MARIO SONIC LONDON 2012

3DS SCRIBBLENAUTS UNLIMITED $29.99

3DS WRECK-IT RALPH $29.99

3DS DISNEY EPIC MICKEY POWER OF ILLUSION $29.99

3DS Castlevania: Lords of Shadow-Mirror $39.99

3DS FAST & FURIOUS $29.99

I got an email about 2 for $40 3ds games. Said there were more in store. Is there a definitive list somewhere?
Yes, I'll get this posted shortly.

3DS ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY $29.99

3DS MARIO SONIC LONDON 2012

3DS SCRIBBLENAUTS UNLIMITED $29.99

3DS WRECK-IT RALPH $29.99

3DS DISNEY EPIC MICKEY POWER OF ILLUSION $29.99

3DS Castlevania: Lords of Shadow-Mirror $39.99

3DS FAST & FURIOUS $29.99
Works on doubling copies? Best value I see is Castlevania x2

Portal 2 trades into GameStop for $21.50 with 7 or more games at GameStop, $15 normal without any games, so $10 at TRU is a damn good deal!

bread's done
Back